2012 - Mika @ Weekend Wogan Xmas Special 12.12.2012 Union Chapel - on BBC Radio2 23.12.2012

DerMoment1608

Yeah,I'm also subscribed to it and I recall getting the email for the Terry Wogan show and wondering if i should apply...but there was no mention of which artists would be on it, so I didn't bother. That's probably what happened to everyone I guess?

Yeah,I'm also subscribed to it and I recall getting the email for the Terry Wogan show and wondering if i should apply...but there was no mention of which artists would be on it, so I didn't bother. That's probably what happened to everyone I guess?

No, I definitely didn't get that one. Jools Hollands hootenanny is also being recorded that night and I got that email but not the Wogan one. :no:

No, I definitely didn't get that one. Jools Hollands hootenanny is also being recorded that night and I got that email but not the Wogan one. :no:

Hmmm...that's weird then :blink: I also got the Jools one,I remember that.

I went back to my emails now to check, and it looks like I got it all wrong: they DID mention the artists (including Mika) but I must have not read it!! I guess I just discarded it based on the title. It is very odd though that you're subscribed and get some emails but not the others

I know I got the Jools one ... I applied as per bloody normal :lmfao: I never got the Wogan one though - I always look at the BBC stuff ... I got notified today about Robbie doing one of the BBC Radio 2 Jo Whiley show like Mika did in Sept ... I nearly sent off for it as you had to apply before the 11th ... it's on the 13th though ... I think I might be seeing someone else then - so didn't bother :lmfao:

Hmmm...that's weird then :blink: I also got the Jools one,I remember that.

I went back to my emails now to check, and it looks like I got it all wrong: they DID mention the artists (including Mika) but I must have not read it!! I guess I just discarded it based on the title. It is very odd though that you're subscribed and get some emails but not the others

That's a bummer then - that you missed seeing his name. :aah:

Yeah, all very odd.

I know I got the Jools one ... I applied as per bloody normal :lmfao: I never got the Wogan one though - I always look at the BBC stuff ... I got notified today about Robbie doing one of the BBC Radio 2 Jo Whiley show like Mika did in Sept ... I nearly sent off for it as you had to apply before the 11th ... it's on the 13th though ... I think I might be seeing someone else then - so didn't bother :lmfao:

I did apply - for both Jools and Robbie - I had visions of rushing across town. :naughty:

That's a bummer then - that you missed seeing his name. :aah:

Yeah, all very odd.

I did apply - for both Jools and Robbie - I had visions of rushing across town. :naughty:

:teehee: I was really excited till I saw that it was on Thursday ... I was like doh .... maybe not then :lmfao: I do not need to see Robbie again ... I've just seen him ... the fact that I could see Mika tomorrow and still want to see him again the next day is irrelevent :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: I was really excited till I saw that it was on Thursday ... I was like doh .... maybe not then :lmfao: I do not need to see Robbie again ... I've just seen him ... the fact that I could see Mika tomorrow and still want to see him again the next day is irrelevent :mf_rosetinted:

I bought tickets to see Robbie next June since I didn't get tickets for this!:mf_rosetinted:

I got the emails for Robbie and Pet Shop Boys (which I applied for, but didn't get:aah:)

Not a sniff of Jools or Wogan emails though.

We're in the q at Union Chapel. Some people in the q kindly gave us their spares. Not sur if Mika is still playing. Girl at the door told us he was here. Does anyone know if he is?

Wow that's brilliant Theresa ! He probably will be because he will only be doing a couple I should think?

Enjoy:thumb_yello:

Mika was lovely, he performed Celebrate and a cover of the amazing xmas tune This Is Christmas (War is over) by Lennon.

He also personally let some of the other fans in who didn't get tickets!

I filmed eventhough it was forbidden, naughty me. :)

Mika was lovely, he performed Celebrate and a cover of the amazing xmas tune This Is Christmas (War is over) by Lennon.

Yes, naughty :wink2:, but really good for the MFC!

I hardly can't wait to see a vid of Mika singing War is over. It's such a beautiful song:wub2:

I filmed even though it was forbidden, naughty me. :)

Oh, lucky girl! And thank you for being a criminal on our behalf! :wub2:

Oh wonderful!!

Can't wait to see the videos. Thank you :huglove:

:kachinga:

@Sephira, @Meljine Thanks a million for sharing !! :flowers2:

uploaded your file on SoundCloud ( forgive me please !!)

commonsoundcloud.gifCelebrate, Happy Christmas ( War Is Over )

Edited by Kumazzz

@Sephira, @Meljine Thanks a million for sharing !! :flowers2:

uploaded your file on SoundCloud ( forgive me please !!)

commonsoundcloud.gifCelebrate, Happy Christmas ( War Is Over )

Thank you both!

Mmm, I guess I am too familiair with John Lennon's version, I'm not in love with Mika's (yet:wink2:)

nina and me were SO lucky yesterday! we only arrived at 7 because nina wasn't in london earlier, and i was supposed to be but my bus from manchester was stuck in traffic so it took 2 hours longer. anyway we asked a few people whether they had spare tickets/places (like teresa and the others had done before), but it was only few arriving at that time and they didn't have any. and then the doors were closed and no one got in anymore. we went round to the backstage entrance, thought everyone would be inside already because everything was quiet and were just wondering whether to go in a café, when suddenly mika arrived! :shocked: him and max and tim in a van. he said he doesn't know whether he can get us in because he had already got 3 people in (the french girls who had met him in the afternoon when he was at the soundcheck), but told us to wait a few minutes and *maybe* someone will come to get us... but we didn't have to wait, he had just gone inside when one of the crew guys there told us to follow him. it was awesome! :wub2:

gotta leave now, will write more when i have time. :wink2:

Thank you both!

Mmm, I guess I am too familiair with John Lennon's version, I'm not in love with Mika's (yet:wink2:)

Well, the choir sounds better than the one on John Lennon's original. As for Mika's performance, this one would have probably been an ideal one to cancel if he really wanted to have his voice rest. He did not even try to.