Mika at Les Ardentes Festival, Liège, Belgium - 12 July 2013

mellody

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liège isn't an expensive town ;) But I'm used to Youth Hostel 'cause I usually travel on my own. :wink2:

Yep ;) I used to go there on foot from Quai St Leornard :) I'd say...30' from the festival (on foot) (I usually walk quite fast though ^^')

There's a supermarket a few streets from there if you ever need anything. :thumb_yello: Bus 1 from the city center to get to "Quai St Leonard", same bus to go to Coronmeuse (next to the festival).

If I come by train which station do I have to take? Is it Liège Guillemins-Jonfosse or Palais? I've always been to Liège by car so when I looked for trains I saw that ther were 3 different ones.

If I come by train which station do I have to take? Is it Liège Guillemins-Jonfosse or Palais? I've always been to Liège by car so when I looked for trains I saw that ther were 3 different ones.

Guillemins or Palais (downtown) :thumb_yello:

You can take the bus 1 to Coronmeuse in front of the Guillemins station or on a square behind the town hall (10' walk from Palais).

If you needn't go downtown, just stop at Guillemins ;) However, if you taste waffles or drink péket (jenever), rush downtown :thumb_yello:

Don't go to Jonfosse, it isn't very welcoming and there are often weird people wandering there. I always avoid this station :wink2:

Guillemins or Palais (downtown) :thumb_yello:

You can take the bus 1 to Coronmeuse in front of the Guillemins station or on a square behind the town hall (10' walk from Palais).

If you needn't go downtown, just stop at Guillemins ;) However, if you taste waffles or drink péket (jenever), rush downtown :thumb_yello:

Don't go to Jonfosse, it isn't very welcoming and there are often weird people wandering there. I always avoid this station :wink2:

Thank you for the information.:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

bought a ticket, but not sure yet if i'll be able to go :huh: Depends on IF i still have a job and IF i do that i can get the day off (and the day after maybe too)

don't know yet how to get there and back, maybe by car and then spend the night somewhere close. Anyone got any tips of not too expensive hotels/hostels nearby?:blush-anim-cl:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :wink2:

Haven't booked our tickets yet,

can anyone confirm that Mika will perform late in the afternoon or evening ?

I can't find any information on their website :bored:

Thank you !

Hello :wink2:

Haven't booked our tickets yet,

can anyone confirm that Mika will perform late in the afternoon or evening ?

I can't find any information on their website :bored:

Thank you !

Two years ago, Mika performed quite late in the evening (at 23.30 hour). The festival site doesn't show a timetable at this moment, so I guess it will be posted later on. I presume that Mika is playing late again, but to my knowledge that isn't sure at this moment.

Two years ago, Mika performed quite late in the evening (at 23.30 hour). The festival site doesn't show a timetable at this moment, so I guess it will be posted later on. I presume that Mika is playing late again, but to my knowledge that isn't sure at this moment.

Thanks Wicky for your answer :wink2:

I know, I was there 2 years ago and we arrived quite late around 4 pm I think (that was just the day after Compiegne in France).

This year, we are working until 2 pm (with my friend and colleague Macboll) and have to drive 3 hours to reach Liege, I hope we won't find traffic jams at that time ? :annoyed_h4h:

EDIT : no more timing problem, Macboll and me have managed to get that day off !!!

Edited by Sweetieval

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just saw on the Les Ardentes website that Mika will perform from 23.00 till 00.30 hour.

30 minutes earlier than last time then :naughty:

Whoohoo, that's a half hour less time waiting! :aah:

*Although I'm not one hundred percent sure, that Mika performed at 23.30 hour two years ago... I just guessed in my earlier post*

30 minutes earlier than last time then :naughty:

So.........think he will come out after the show 30 minutes earlier too??

So....that would be 3.30am then? :mf_rosetinted:

Do we already know who else is playing that day?

I haven't seen who, but I guess we won't be lucky enough to get The Guillimots, King Charles and Puggy again.

I haven't seen who, but I guess we won't be lucky enough to get The Guillimots, King Charles and Puggy again.

Puggy were there the last time? How lucky, I love them!

This year's performers:

Vendredi 12 Juillet (dès 12:00)

MIKA, IAMX, STUPEFLIP, 1995, DISIZ, ALEX HEPBURN, BALTHAZAR, DJ HYPE, PUPPETMASTAZ, MØ, GREMS full version, G DUB feat. ORIGINAL SIN & SUB ZERO, FCL feat. SAN SODA & RED, ANNIX feat. KONICHI & DECIMAL BASS, BIGFLO & OLI, A NOTRE TOUR Lomepal Caballero La Smala Exodarap, and more…

Puggy were there the last time? How lucky, I love them!

This year's performers:

Vendredi 12 Juillet (dès 12:00)

MIKA, IAMX, STUPEFLIP, 1995, DISIZ, ALEX HEPBURN, BALTHAZAR, DJ HYPE, PUPPETMASTAZ, MØ, GREMS full version, G DUB feat. ORIGINAL SIN & SUB ZERO, FCL feat. SAN SODA & RED, ANNIX feat. KONICHI & DECIMAL BASS, BIGFLO & OLI, A NOTRE TOUR Lomepal Caballero La Smala Exodarap, and more…

I don't know any of those names at all.

Puggy were great, I enjoyed their set immensely.