Happy Valentine's Day from MIKA! NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES!

dcdeb

http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3407154&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed

hmm I think they are describing the wrong Mika on here . . .

Mika

Mika

(Rap and Hip-Hop)

Often accompanied by vocalist Lea Sonnek and hip-hop drummer Rainer Binder-Krieglstein (aka Binder & Krieglstein), Matthias Kertal and Simon Nola comprise the Austrian electronic house-dance duo known simply as Mika. The two creatively hit the wall at first, relying solely on traditional instruments to make music. However, after they built a bedroom studio, the production work was much easier. They acquired electronic equipment and synthesizers to create both cerebral and dancefloor variations of house, ambient, and midtempo pop. When Mika sent out their first material, it was picked up by FM4 disc jockey BTO Spider, who played their first tape, "Texas." In late 1998, Spider invited them back onto his show and introduced them to Klein Records head Christian Candid. The Vienna-based label issued their first official single, "Tomorrow," in spring of 1999. The Opposite of Silence, an Internet-only EP, was nominated for the Amadeus Alternative Award by listeners of FM4 upon its 2000 release. That same year, Mika offered their self-titled debut, and then followed up with Right Place, Right Time in 2004. ~ Cyril Cordor, All Music Guide

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3407154&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed

hmm I think they are describing the wrong Mika on here . . .

Mika

Mika

(Rap and Hip-Hop)

Often accompanied by vocalist Lea Sonnek and hip-hop drummer Rainer Binder-Krieglstein (aka Binder & Krieglstein), Matthias Kertal and Simon Nola comprise the Austrian electronic house-dance duo known simply as Mika. The two creatively hit the wall at first, relying solely on traditional instruments to make music. However, after they built a bedroom studio, the production work was much easier. They acquired electronic equipment and synthesizers to create both cerebral and dancefloor variations of house, ambient, and midtempo pop. When Mika sent out their first material, it was picked up by FM4 disc jockey BTO Spider, who played their first tape, "Texas." In late 1998, Spider invited them back onto his show and introduced them to Klein Records head Christian Candid. The Vienna-based label issued their first official single, "Tomorrow," in spring of 1999. The Opposite of Silence, an Internet-only EP, was nominated for the Amadeus Alternative Award by listeners of FM4 upon its 2000 release. That same year, Mika offered their self-titled debut, and then followed up with Right Place, Right Time in 2004. ~ Cyril Cordor, All Music Guide

:lmfao: Not even close!!

Woot! Yay for NA fans! Totally pleased for you guys!

That is a serious schedule... reminds me of the last time he toured there properly!

Also: stripped down band - means not full band. Maybe just 3 people, maybe just two.

This is making me start to think it's an acoustic tour... :crossed:

NOPE! I have been moaning about this since 2007! A lot of good it does me! :naughty:

I'm thinking a petition might help :teehee:

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=804201

Mika Strips Down For Intimate Gigs

02:01 PM Thursday 2/14/13 0 | 4 |

The British singer/songwriter ventures forth accompanied only by a pianist and guitarist for a series of up-close-and-personal shows at intimate venues beginning in March. Starting date is March 22 in Vancouver, British Columbia, and fan club pre-sales launch this week.

Presenting stripped-down versions of his songs that he rearranged for this special outing, Mika will perform fan favorites as well as selections from his third and latest studio album, The Origin Of Love, released in 2012 on Republic.

Mika’s latest single, “Popular Song,” features Nickelodeon’s Ariana Grande and is a new take on “Popular” from Broadway’s “Wicked.” Evidently Mika is very excited about the song, mainly because composer Stephen Schwartz liked his performance of the tune so much that he authorized usage of his music for the first time ever.

The routing has Mika launching his tour in Vancouver March 22 and wrapping in Boston April 13. Cities hosting Mika for this special tour include San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Toronto and Salt Lake City.

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

So on his twitter he posted that pre-sale starts on Tuesday...but on here it says that pre-sale starts February 15th (which as this point is today...lol) does anyone know why the discrepancy? Are there different pre-sales?

The general fan presale is today -- we should be getting special links and codes soon, and the links will go live at noon local time. That means that tickets will go on sale at noon Eastern time for venues in the the Eastern time zone (NYC, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, DC, etc.), that they'll go on sale at noon Central time for venues in the Central time zone (Minneapolis, Chicago, etc.), and that they'll go on sale at noon Pacific time for shows in the Pacific time zone (San Francisco, Portland, etc.)

The British singer/songwriter ventures forth accompanied only by a pianist and guitarist for a series of up-close-and-personal shows at intimate venues beginning in March. Starting date is March 22 in Vancouver, British Columbia, and fan club pre-sales launch this week.

Presenting stripped-down versions of his songs that he rearranged for this special outing, Mika will perform fan favorites as well as selections from his third and latest studio album, The Origin Of Love, released in 2012 on Republic.

Mika’s latest single, “Popular Song,” features Nickelodeon’s Ariana Grande and is a new take on “Popular” from Broadway’s “Wicked.” Evidently Mika is very excited about the song, mainly because composer Stephen Schwartz liked his performance of the tune so much that he authorized usage of his music for the first time ever.

The routing has Mika launching his tour in Vancouver March 22 and wrapping in Boston April 13. Cities hosting Mika for this special tour include San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Toronto and Salt Lake City.

I was going to post the same thing! GMTA! :thumb_yello:

This is just what I'd love to hear next time I go to a Mika gig, stripped down versions of his songs :wub2: Daydreams of an intimate acoustic gig :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: and a meet and greet too ...my time will come but I don't know when :teehee:

I'm so happy for my American friends :woot_jump:

Have a wonderful times with Mika :huglove:

This is just what I'd love to hear next time I go to a Mika gig, stripped down versions of his songs :wub2: Daydreams of an intimate acoustic gig :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: and a meet and greet too ...my time will come but I don't know when :teehee:

I'm so happy for my American friends :woot_jump:

Have a wonderful times with Mika :huglove:

what about your Canadian friends :tears:

We'll treat him so well that he'll never want to return! :teehee::aah:

what about your Canadian friends :tears:

We'll treat him so well that he'll never want to return! :teehee::aah:

I'm a fast reader but an absent minded one :doh: :doh: :doh: or very bad at geography :shocked:

:sorry:

Have a Mikaful Mikastic time my Canadian friends :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'm so happy for you too :woot_jump:

What I had in mind was the second MFC jacket that was finished but I was wondering if Mika got it at all because that thread was not updated in a longtime :sad: so I was wondering if he'd get it during this tour maybe :wink2:

That kept me focused on the US part of the tour I guess :aah:

I tried to get tickets for the Toronto show at 12:00 today (right when they went on sale) I used the right pass code and it says tickets are not available. Is it possible that the pre sale sold out in 2 minutes? I'm calling tickets master now anyway but i'm on hold...

edit: The woman on the phone told me that the pre sale did sell out. WOW! Bummer! I hope I can still get them on the 20th.

Edited by LadyGodiva

Is there supposed to be a code for Portland yet? I know it doesn't start til noon but not sure how this works! Anyone please help! And where is it Im' going for the presale? The link on the top of this topic? OMG I'm so confused!

Edited by ArachnidKid