Introductions, Those are important, right?

C. Tyler

I’ve been creepily lurking for a few days, debating whether or not to do an introduction. I haven’t been part of a forum in quite some time, and wasn’t sure how to jump back in. Nevertheless, my name is C. Tyler and I go by Tyler or C.T, whichever. I’m a film student living in Florida, but am from Ohio in the US.

My Mika story is a bit odd. First time ever hearing anything Mika was randomly on a dancing game for the Wii. (Just Dance, maybe?) Big Girl was on it and I had never heard anything like it. But that wasn’t the moment that made it for me.

In my film school we actually end up taking an acting class, and the class’ big project is this thing called “Rock Star” where you have to portray a famous musician for a few acting exercises and then our class gets together and puts on a lip-synced “concert” of all of the people acting as the performers. Someone in my class ended up doing Mika. He performed Love Today for us and I can now say in retrospect that it was a rather spot on performance. That was my first real exposure to Mika and a while later I was listening to Love Today on repeat for about a week. A while after that my friend showed me the video for Blame It On The Girls and then both of those songs were on repeat and then more and more songs joined and I couldn’t get enough and now here I am. I’ve been mostly lurking around the media threads and old posts trying to ensure that I’ve seen/read ever interview and video I can.

On a fun note, the “Rock Star” thing is happening again for a class younger than me on Tuesday and I volunteered to film it. I plan on dressing up as Mika for fun.

So…that’s me I guess. Idk. This is awkward.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there!! welcome!!

I liked ur little story:thumb_yello:

What about that other classmate who introduced you to LT? They still a fan? :naughty:And are you goin to any of the east coast gigs?

I don't know if he's still a fan or not. I've never talked to him about it. :aah:

And noooo I'm not, sadly. His US tour basically traced the top half of the US and left the bottom half without love. If I was still in Ohio, though, I totally would have driven to Chicago.

Secretly, I'm hoping he expands the end of his tour through August in Europe. My parents want to plan a trip there in August and just maybe the stars will align. It's a long shot though.

I don't know if he's still a fan or not. I've never talked to him about it. :aah:

And noooo I'm not, sadly. His US tour basically traced the top half of the US and left the bottom half without love. If I was still in Ohio, though, I totally would have driven to Chicago.

Secretly, I'm hoping he expands the end of his tour through August in Europe. My parents want to plan a trip there in August and just maybe the stars will align. It's a long shot though.

Keep hoping - you never know what will happen with Mika :naughty:

Welcome to the MFC :bye:

Aw sorry you won't get to see him this time :(

But I like your hopes for the summer, as silver said ya never know with Mika :teehee:

Hope to see you around here :thumb_yello:

Hi Tyler, welcome to the crazy bunch! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun here!

greetings from that little flat country on the other side of the ocean!

AnkeveenseMolen.jpg

And yes, this windmill is very close to where I live!

Did you guess the country? Of course ! The Netherlands! :naughty:

Hi Tyler! Welcome to the MFC! :wink2:

I read you were hoping for gigs' dates in Europe in August. There's one actually (maybe more to come?): Mika will be performing in Belgium the 4th of August

I'm hoping for dates between August 5th and August 24th. That's my break from school and my parents are considering a trip to Europe. I have no idea where they want to go, but France, Spain and the UK seem likely, so if by some huge long shot he winds up in the same place as me during that month, I could potentially go. Maybe. Again, it's a wild fantasy. :aah:

I'm hoping for dates between August 5th and August 24th. That's my break from school and my parents are considering a trip to Europe. I have no idea where they want to go, but France, Spain and the UK seem likely, so if by some huge long shot he winds up in the same place as me during that month, I could potentially go. Maybe. Again, it's a wild fantasy. :aah:

Stranger things have happened! In December we had a Dutch fan who had booked a holiday in Iceland and Mika coincidentally announced a gig there, right down the street from her hostel. :naughty:

Anyway I hope something works out for you and welcome to MFC. I'm happy to see a lot of American fans coming here with all the excitement about the tour. :thumb_yello:

Welcome! I actually just moved from Ohio to West Virginia! what part did you live in? you will have tons-o-fun here on MFC :thumb_yello:

Before going to college, I lived in the Cincinnati/Dayton/Miami Valley area. Litarally the bottom left corner of Ohio. Not the most glamorous place to live. :/

I’ve been creepily lurking for a few days, debating whether or not to do an introduction. I haven’t been part of a forum in quite some time, and wasn’t sure how to jump back in. Nevertheless, my name is C. Tyler and I go by Tyler or C.T, whichever. I’m a film student living in Florida, but am from Ohio in the US.

My Mika story is a bit odd. First time ever hearing anything Mika was randomly on a dancing game for the Wii. (Just Dance, maybe?) Big Girl was on it and I had never heard anything like it. But that wasn’t the moment that made it for me.

In my film school we actually end up taking an acting class, and the class’ big project is this thing called “Rock Star” where you have to portray a famous musician for a few acting exercises and then our class gets together and puts on a lip-synced “concert” of all of the people acting as the performers. Someone in my class ended up doing Mika. He performed Love Today for us and I can now say in retrospect that it was a rather spot on performance. That was my first real exposure to Mika and a while later I was listening to Love Today on repeat for about a week. A while after that my friend showed me the video for Blame It On The Girls and then both of those songs were on repeat and then more and more songs joined and I couldn’t get enough and now here I am. I’ve been mostly lurking around the media threads and old posts trying to ensure that I’ve seen/read ever interview and video I can.

On a fun note, the “Rock Star” thing is happening again for a class younger than me on Tuesday and I volunteered to film it. I plan on dressing up as Mika for fun.

So…that’s me I guess. Idk. This is awkward.

What a great story. It's always good when USA people get to know Mika as he's still got to break big into the USA.

So it's good when US fans get to know him. The more, the merrier.

I'm from the UK.