Interview for Caprice Montana gig - March 2013

Sabine64

I smoke a lot when I'm writing my music too, helps me relax. No big deal or surprise to me, reading this interview :) and it's his own choice and body. I'm sure he's no chain smoker so y'all can relax :D

It's exactely the relaxing effect I'm afraid of, and have respect for, in this case.

We all know there's a lot of stress in this business:doh: "I'm feeling sick, I've got to medicate myself" :blink:

Of course it's MIKAs life, and his own choice how to live it, but as long as we care about him, I think we have the right to tell what we mean about such habits :wink2:

And we just can hope he's clever enough to take good care of himself :wub2:

Love,love

me

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's disgusting too but what's it got to do with me? As long as I don't have to kiss him it's not my problem. :naughty:

my problem is that i just don't want to SEE him smoking. like i said, i find it rather unsexy, and i prefer finding mika sexy. :naughty: i remember when he talked in an interview about analyzing the colour of his snort... that's disgusting as well, but it's very unlikely that he'll ever do a photo session of the contents of his tissues, or show them around at a m&g. :mf_rosetinted: so i'm not bothered too much by that. i'm not so sure tho about a photo session of him smoking. or him smoking when he meets his fans. and yes, i guess i'm also a bit worried about his voice. of course i know there's nothing i can do about it whatsoever, i'm not his mum, and mika won't give a flying f*** about what i think. but still, i don't like it, full stop. :bleh:

but if the smoking bit in this interview is as true as the bit about the new songs in crans-montana, there's nothing to worry about anyway. :naughty:

my problem is that i just don't want to SEE him smoking. like i said, i find it rather unsexy, and i prefer finding mika sexy. :naughty:

Yes I don't want to be around a smoker either just because it's gross and I'm very sensitive to it. But I'm sure I'm pretty gross when Mika puts his arms around me for a pic after I've been sweating like a pig for several hours so I can't really complain. :aah:

Personally I don't really find Mika sexy outside of photographs anyway. :teehee: I mean of course he is just as gorgeous in real life - but he is also Mika. Just him hanging out with his mommy to remind me I'm way too old to be looking at him like a sex object is more offputting than cigarettes could ever be when it comes to finding him sexy. :naughty:

I got out of a cab once and Adele was on the sidewalk/pavement having a smoke. I was so excited to see her that I thanked god for her smoking habit because it was the only reason she was standing outside my cab. If Mika gets a 2 pack a day habit we'll be seeing a lot more of him because he will have to come outside every 30 minutes. :roftl:

i remember when he talked in an interview about analyzing the colour of his snort... that's disgusting as well, but it's very unlikely that he'll ever do a photo session of the contents of his tissues, or show them around at a m&g. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh I'm sure Mana saw that and I've heard other stories as well.

This is why I am taking the smoking story with a grain of salt or at least not concerned that it's a regular habit. Someone would have observed it by now. So either he just took up smoking (pretty odd for a 29 year old), it's only an occassional and private habit or he is just bragging about smoking a cigarello once because he thinks it makes him sound cool. :naughty:

but if the smoking bit in this interview is as true as the bit about the new songs in crans-montana, there's nothing to worry about anyway. :naughty:

Indeed. :mf_rosetinted: I'm a bit disappointed by that. I don't like to miss the debut of new songs but I'm skipping the whole first half of the NA tour anyway so the sooner we hear them the better as far as I'm concerned. :naughty:

Of course it's MIKAs life, and his own choice how to live it, but as long as we care about him, I think we have the right to tell what we mean about such habits :wink2:

I don't agree at all that being a fan of someone's music gives you some sort of right to tell them what to do with their body. He can do whatever he wants in private, it's got nothing to do with me. I would hate to see him (or anyone) go down a life threatening destructive route with drugs but when people like Amy Winehouse find themselves in that kind of spiral their own friends and family cannot help them. I don't think nagging fans are going to make any difference whether it's nicotine or heroin.

I do however think I have a right to tell him to not wear a bowler hat on stage since I'm the one who has to look at it. :mf_rosetinted:

Personally I don't really find Mika sexy outside of photographs anyway. :teehee: I mean of course he is just as gorgeous in real life - but he is also Mika.

I do however think I have a right to tell him to not wear a bowler hat on stage since I'm the one who has to look at it. :mf_rosetinted:

As much as I agree with the first bit (and not just because of the age, since I'm essentially the same age as him), different people have different tastes, as we can well see on this forum every day.

About the second bit: you don't just have to look at him, you also have to listen to him. I realise he probably won't be able to hit the high notes anymore when he's 50, but I would like to hear them for a couple more years. So if you have the right to tell him not to wear a bowler hat, I think I have the right to tell him not to smoke. Especially since he'll never pay any attention to either of us anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

Like he doesn't shower when he writes music and he will die blue and take ecstasy pills when he will be 50 ? :fisch:

And what about his dog called Gertrude, being 'bisexual etc. He makes a lot of stuff up! I seriously hope he doesn't smoke though- disgusting and dangerous habit.

About the second bit: you don't just have to look at him, you also have to listen to him. I realise he probably won't be able to hit the high notes anymore when he's 50, but I would like to hear them for a couple more years. So if you have the right to tell him not to wear a bowler hat, I think I have the right to tell him not to smoke. Especially since he'll never pay any attention to either of us anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

We don't know what effect it's going to have on his voice exactly. Even if he's not talking nonsense in this interview he's still only saying that he smokes when he writes. And how often is that?

Whenever we have a discussion about Mika writing French songs or faffing around with non musical side projects or firing his band or wearing fugly tights on stage it's all...Mika can do whatever he wants. Leave Mika alone. :tears:

But now he may or may not have vocal problems in 20 years because he smoked a couple of cigarellos but we have all the right in the world to tell him what to do? Uh huh. :naughty:

We don't know what effect it's going to have on his voice exactly. Even if he's not talking nonsense in this interview he's still only saying that he smokes when he writes. And how often is that?

Whenever we have a discussion about Mika writing French songs or faffing around with non musical side projects or firing his band or wearing fugly tights on stage it's all...Mika can do whatever he wants. Leave Mika alone. :tears:

But now he may or may not have vocal problems in 20 years because he smoked a couple of cigarellos but we have all the right in the world to tell him what to do? Uh huh. :naughty:

Oh, but I always think he can do whatever he wants, in this case as much as in all the other examples. I can still have an opinion about it though, as you do about most of these (or at least that's the impression I get from your posts).

Oh, but I always think he can do whatever he wants, in this case as much as in all the other examples. I can still have an opinion about it though, as you do about most of these (or at least that's the impression I get from your posts).

Oh yes I have an opinion about everything. :fisch:

But I don't feel a "right" to tell Mika many things.

I was so annoyed when they had that vote on FB about the hats because now he'll feel encouraged to wear it for the rest of his life. Of course he looked hot in that picture. He was 4 years younger, his hair was thick and long and wild and he was wearing super hot casual clothes. That is NOT what he looks like on stage now when he's wearing that hat. :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Despite my limited French, it looks to me like Mika might have been joking/lying slightly when he said that...or at least I hope it's the case.

And at least it's not cigarettes he smokes if he does at all.

I smoked 'weeds' at Scout camp. (Set fire to a hollow bit of wood, blow it out and insert the other end into the mouth.) It tastes nice, and it's fun to blow the smoke out,but is probably not brilliant for one's health! Although I imagine unless inhaling deeply does no more harm than sitting round a campfire in the first place. :wink2:

I have no intention of smoking real weed or anything else though. Too risky!

Oh yes I have an opinion about everything. :fisch:

But I don't feel a "right" to tell Mika many things.

I was so annoyed when they had that vote on FB about the hats because now he'll feel encouraged to wear it for the rest of his life. Of course he looked hot in that picture. He was 4 years younger, his hair was thick and long and wild and he was wearing super hot casual clothes. That is NOT what he looks like on stage now when he's wearing that hat. :sneaky2:

:naughty:

There's telling as in saying it here and 'telling' as in telling to his face. I wouldn't 'tell' him my opinion on any of those things. The only thing I ever 'told' Mika was my name, which is kind of the thing you're supposed to do when someone shakes hands with you. If he wants to know what we think, he knows where to come, no need to bother him with it in any other way.

And about the hat on facebook: the hat was better than the other pictures, but they should have included one without a hat.

i don't think any mika fans would go that far... but as a matter of fact i find smoking disgusting, and if mika feels he has to tell us that he smokes, i feel i have to tell him that i disapprove of that - even if that doesn't change a thing. :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

So basically what you're saying is that just because you disapprove of him smoking, that he has to go out of his way to make sure he won't ever smoke in your presence, just because he's your favourite singer?

I don't get that. I don't smoke and I strongly dislike smoking but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell anyone not to smoke because I don't like it. It's their body, not mine. And I don't feel I have any "right" to tell anyone off for a bad habit, unless I was in a relationship with that person and even then I'm quite tolerant. My last boyfriend was a smoker and I just kicked him outside everytime he wanted to smoke and made him eat a chewing gum. No problem.

I think a lot of fans forget the fact that Mika is a human being besides his existence as celebrity.

He has got a life apart that one he shares with us, and that's good.

So, I don't care if the private Mika smokes (I couldn't hold my own son away from smoking, so how can I dare thinking about telling someone else what he sould do or not), as long as he doesn't damage his voice or he smokes in front of his fans...:dunno:

And about the hat on facebook: the hat was better than the other pictures, but they should have included one without a hat.

Yes can we have a vote on these two pics please? :mf_rosetinted:

bowler1.jpg

My last boyfriend was a smoker and I just kicked him outside everytime he wanted to smoke and made him eat a chewing gum. No problem.

I've had that situation too but it wasn't so simple. I have discovered after many many years of dating and having friends who smoke that there are certain personality traits that smokers have that are not as prevalent among non-smokers and they are deal breakers for me when it comes to a romantic relationship.

This was probably not the case 20 years ago and it may not be the case in other countries/cultures. But smoking is so frowned upon and difficult in Toronto now that the only people who still do it tend to be addictive types who are compulsive and reckless in other areas and not just with respect to the health of their lungs. I wouldn't even hire someone if I knew they smoked muchless get into a relationship with them.

Also my last boyfriend was such an addict that he refused to fly because he couldn't go an hour without smoking. We had to drive to the US (which I hated) and he wouldn't come to Europe with me. And there is no way I would live with someone who smoked so that is already putting limits on the future of the relationship.

But of course none of that has to do with Mika so I don't care what he does in private. I don't understand all the fuss about drinking and drugs especially for someone with the kind of life freedom he has. He doesn't have children, he doesn't have to be at the office at 9 am. He can live his life however he wants without hurting anyone. I would never want to see anyone go down the road of Amy Winehouse obviously but it's a myth that drinking and doing drugs is going to make you an addict and ruin your life. It doesn't happen to everyone or even most people.

I think a lot of fans forget the fact that Mika is a human being besides his existence as celebrity.

I think people forget he's more or less a stranger (especially from his perspective). I can understand Mellody knows Mika well enough and has enough of a rapport with him that she would feel free to show her disapproval if he started smoking during a M&G. But I don't think most fans are in that position (myself included).

I fully support Mika's right to smoke and wear bowler hats. :pinkbow:

I knew you would! :teehee::thumb_yello:

I dont really think smoking is a big deal, even if he was smoking something else than tabaco. I read the interview and the way he said it sounded serious, but he made it sound like he only smokes when he writes and not when hes on tour because he takes care of his voice, he even said he struggled because he loves red wine and aparently it isnt good for your voice. Personally I hate smoke but since im just a kid of 15 i wouldnt even dare to question his decisions as a grown up man. I have friends who smoke and drink, yes they are the same age as me and I think its not good but most of them do, even my bestfriends. However its their choice and i would just interfer if it gets out of control. The man is 30, plus im sure his mommy wouldnt let his smoking or any addiction go too far :naughty:

I've had that situation too but it wasn't so simple. I have discovered after many many years of dating and having friends who smoke that there are certain personality traits that smokers have that are not as prevalent among non-smokers and they are deal breakers for me when it comes to a romantic relationship.

This was probably not the case 20 years ago and it may not be the case in other countries/cultures. But smoking is so frowned upon and difficult in Toronto now that the only people who still do it tend to be addictive types who are compulsive and reckless in other areas and not just with respect to the health of their lungs. I wouldn't even hire someone if I knew they smoked muchless get into a relationship with them.

Also my last boyfriend was such an addict that he refused to fly because he couldn't go an hour without smoking. We had to drive to the US (which I hated) and he wouldn't come to Europe with me. And there is no way I would live with someone who smoked so that is already putting limits on the future of the relationship.

But of course none of that has to do with Mika so I don't care what he does in private. I don't understand all the fuss about drinking and drugs especially for someone with the kind of life freedom he has. He doesn't have children, he doesn't have to be at the office at 9 am. He can live his life however he wants without hurting anyone. I would never want to see anyone go down the road of Amy Winehouse obviously but it's a myth that drinking and doing drugs is going to make you an addict and ruin your life. It doesn't happen to everyone or even most people.

Ah well, I'm from a country which is tolerant about smoking pot as well, so smoking cigarettes is no big deal here. My ex-boyfriend was rather reckless though, especially with alcohol and that is a reason why we didn't last. But my mother is a smoker too and she has no other issues apart from that, so I don't think you could generalise every smoker.

I doubt M will go down the drugs route. Not saying he never tried it or never will, but I don't think he is that easily addicted. I hope he won't go down that route anyway, but apart from that, I don't give 2 flying f*cks about what he does in his private life.

We still don´t have a proper translation of this interview but a proper discussion about smoking or not smoking :floor: ....................... I really would prefer a good translation please :pray:

Yes can we have a vote on these two pics please? :mf_rosetinted:

bowler1.jpg

I think people forget he's more or less a stranger (especially from his perspective). I can understand Mellody knows Mika well enough and has enough of a rapport with him that she would feel free to show her disapproval if he started smoking during a M&G. But I don't think most fans are in that position (myself included).

I knew you would! :teehee::thumb_yello:

Of course I prefer the left one :wink2:

But my mother is a smoker too and she has no other issues apart from that, so I don't think you could generalise every smoker.

Yes as I say I think it is particular to a time and place. In the 1970s and 1980s everyone smoked here so I would not have made such generalizations. I even tried to take up smoking myself but it gives me vertigo and nausea. :aah: But things are very different now (in Toronto). I don't even know anyone who smokes except a couple of people I work with. Even family members who smoked for decades gave it up because of heart and lung issues.

There is extreme social, work and public pressure here not to smoke. You have to stand outside in -20C temperatures because you are not permitted to smoke anywhere else. The taxes are exorbitant and we probably pay double for cigarettes what they do in the US. In other words you'd really have to really be an addict/lacking in self-control to continue doing it in this environment where you are shunned and ridiculously inconvenienced to smoke a cigarette. I don't know how anyone could find it relaxing under the circumstances other than because they are on edge due to withdrawal symptoms.

We still don´t have a proper translation of this interview but a proper discussion about smoking or not smoking :floor: ....................... I really would prefer a good translation please :pray:

I think between Guy's summary and Google translate it's all pretty much there. I can't do a real translation but I could clean up the Google translation so it makes a bit more sense if that helps. :naughty:

Oh yeah, smokers are also forced to stand outside here, but it's never -20 out here so that's ok. Also they are increasing taxes on cigarettes, but it doesn't stop people from smoking. Not my problem though, it's not my money nor my health.:naughty:

Yes as I say I think it is particular to a time and place. In the 1970s and 1980s everyone smoked here so I would not have made such generalizations. I even tried to take up smoking myself but it gives me vertigo and nausea. :aah: But things are very different now (in Toronto). I don't even know anyone who smokes except a couple of people I work with. Even family members who smoked for decades gave it up because of heart and lung issues.

There is extreme social, work and public pressure here not to smoke. You have to stand outside in -20C temperatures because you are not permitted to smoke anywhere else. The taxes are exorbitant and we probably pay double for cigarettes what they do in the US. In other words you'd really have to really be an addict/lacking in self-control to continue doing it in this environment where you are shunned and ridiculously inconvenienced to smoke a cigarette. I don't know how anyone could find it relaxing under the circumstances other than because they are on edge due to withdrawal symptoms.

I think between Guy's summary and Google translate it's all pretty much there. I can't do a real translation but I could clean up the Google translation so it makes a bit more sense if that helps. :naughty:

my problem is I only can use google translation for articles like that from French to German and those translation don´t make much sense. Translations from French to English are much better but it doesn´t work here.

my problem is I only can use google translation for articles like that from French to German and those translation don´t make much sense. Translations from French to English are much better but it doesn´t work here.

Okay if no one can do a real translation I will put something together that at least makes sense. I'm out at the moment but will give it a go later.

I think the main worries of smoking is about his health and his voice... so I don't like the fact that he smokes, but I find a comfort to know it happenes only rarely and it's not a matter of routine.... I hope so anyway.