Interview for Caprice Montana gig - March 2013

Sabine64

:shocked: and maybe he already tries to stop it: "love is a drug, and you are my nicorette" :shocked: in fact I was a bit surprised by these sentences at first, I mean: what does MIKA knows about smoking ?! :blink: I think it's enough that he's often talking about drinking alcohol ...

Be careful Golden Boy - and don't get like "everybody else" in this tough music business ... :shocked:

Love,love

me

not to mention the huge risk of becoming diabetic from so much chocolate :aah:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beaucoup does mean alot, but if someone doesn't usually smoke, 3 would be beaucoup no? :naughty:

you know, 10000 people have met Mika after gigs and i've never heard anyone say "he smells like tobacco" & that's a smell that you just can't hide... everyone says "oh he smells like roses" :fangurl:

i really like Mika alot, but i think he does get bored with interviews and his imagination takes over :naughty:

i know i can draw the line when he says the truth, the 1/2 truth, the not true and out there in the field, shooting the breeze :naughty:

He's almost 30, he's not a child... he knows what he's doing when it comes to tobacco, drinking etc....

So i'm not too bothered by it

Yes, he's grown up now - so let's hope you are right :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Hmmm, I think cigars are sexy. :teehee:

:aah: for me there's hardly anything unsexier! :teehee:

guy, of course mika is grown up, but the way he handles his health still isn't very responsible - whether it's singing despite a laryngitis or jumping despite a torn tendon! :fisch: but of course he is grown up so he can do whatever he wants, whether i like it or not. :rolls_eyes:

about the smelling thing - well, he said he smokes when he's writing and that's not when we see him. ;) at least he's responsible enough to stop smoking when he's touring, as that's when he needs his voice. :thumb_yello:

What's the nonsense about his boyfriend? :dunno: the fact that he said he's far from Dita? or that he's also his ex-bf? I can't see where's the contradiction,give me an example.

He implied over and over and over again that the person he is with now is someone he met and fell in love with when he was writing the album. He even used the word "new" when describing it and talked about his ex as an ex and not someone he had a temporary break up with. It all sounded ridiculous that he'd met someone and immediately ran off to another continent to write music about them but he kept on saying it for weeks/months. Not to mention the fact that he supposedly had writer's block until he wrote Underwater/Origin of Love even though he'd just written all the French songs with Doriand a month earlier! :doh:

I don't know if when he said he has a house,or a dog, it wasn't true

Melachi wasn't even born yet and I'm sure Mika didn't own a house in 2009 either.

......or it wasn't a joke,or that he certainly lied about that episode from Wales,who knows for sure? I know I don't,he doesn't make confessions to me :blush-anim-cl:

He doesn't need to confess that he did not drive his car off of a cliff in Wales because if he did he wouldn't be alive to tell the story. Even if he survived by some miracle he would have at least made the news or had some sort of injury.

Even if we can blame everyone but Mika for these inaccurate stories I still agree with Yuna that we don't know whether he's got a real smoking habit now. Maybe he was asked a dumb question/misquoted/joking, etc. :dunno:

Hmmm, I think cigars are sexy. :teehee:

I bet Mika does too and that's why he's bragging about it. :teehee:

He's said before he likes having a raspy voice so maybe he is welcoming the effects on his voice. :naughty:

He doesn't need to confess that he did not drive his car off of a cliff in Wales because if he did he wouldn't be alive to tell the story. Even if he survived by some miracle he would have at least made the news or had some sort of injury.

As a Welsh person, I can confirm that there are many hills with dodgy roads open to exaggeration :naughty:

Oh gosh, Mika makes up all kinds of nonsense and manipulates facts and I don't understand how you can blame the interviewers. :roftl: Look at his boyfriend story - he must have discussed it 100 times before he started saying things that actually made sense and weren't completely contradictory. It's not the fault of the people who asked him. They all asked the same questions and he just couldn't handle talking about it at first because he had been keeping silent about it for years.

There is also no rational reason for him to pretend he has a house when he doesn't or a dog when he doesn't. Why would he fantasize about those things when they weren't true? I still have no idea. I'm sure he has smoked a cigarello or two. I did myself when I was in my early 20s even though I have a huge aversion to cigarettes and smoke. But does he have a real consistent habit? Who knows. This is the same man who claims he drove off the side of a cliff in Wales so unless I see him smoking one I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

:naughty:

I might be a bit naive, but I've followed MIKA as best I could, from interviews - both written, and more reliable from TV, since early 2007 - and I've never thought about him to be a liar, or making up stories, just to be interesting, or to confuse the journalists :blink: My impression of him has been that he easily talks about his artistic life, but that he's far more shy when they want to enter his private area, which I fully support:blush-anim-cl: I have never heard him tell about having a house, or a dog - before he really had it :blink: When it comes to his driving skills, he has told he's a bad driver - maybe he told he was off road, which might easily happen, and it became as dramatic as " off the side of a cliff" - this part I have not read,or heard, myself...

To me MIKA seems honest, very charming and easy to talk with - and people meeting him, often refer him like this too ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I might be a bit naive, but I've followed MIKA as best I could, from interviews - both written, and more reliable from TV, since early 2007 - and I've never thought about him to be a liar, or making up stories, just to be interesting, or to confuse the journalists :blink: My impression of him has been that he easily talks about his artistic life, but that he's far more shy when they want to enter his private area, which I fully support:blush-anim-cl: I have never heard him tell about having a house, or a dog - before he really had it :blink: When it comes to his driving skills, he has told he's a bad driver - maybe he told he was off road, which might easily happen, and it became as dramatic as " off the side of a cliff" - this part I have not read,or heard, myself...

To me MIKA seems honest, very charming and easy to talk with - and people meeting him, often refer him like this too ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

he did say "off a cliff", that wasn't an interview but after the vigevano gig last year at the m&g. probably it was a mini-cliff. :teehee: and you really should watch that dutch interview where he claimed he had a dog called gertrude, it's hilarious! :lmfao: but it was at least half a year before he got melachi. :wink2: and before that, there was that story of him flying with john travolta... :teehee:

anyway, i knoe what you mean - he's not a liar in a negative way, his lies don't do any harm, they're rather fun. :wink2:

Love,love

me

Mamiam, he said that if journalists annoy him or bore him he makes up stories :wink2:. One of the best examples was a Dutch interview were the hosts were rude, he told them about he bought a male dog called Gertrud long before he bought Melachi :teehee:. And about that accident he told fans after the gig in Vigevano. Btw he recently said in an interview that with TOOL it´s easier for him to talk in interviews because the songs are true and he doesn´t need to make up stories for the songs as he did in the past ;). But I don´t think he is a liar, he sometimes twists the truth a little bit :wink2:

here is the Gertrud story and you can see it in his face that hes telling a fairytale

[YOUTUBE]XM6C6amMI6Y[/YOUTUBE]

Mamiam, he said that if journalists annoy him or bore him he makes up stories :wink2:. One of the best examples was a Dutch interview were the hosts were rude, he told them about he bought a male dog called Gertrud long before he bought Melachi :teehee:. And about that accident he told fans after the gig in Vigevano. Btw he recently said in an interview that with TOOL it´s easier for him to talk in interviews because the songs are true and he doesn´t need to make up stories for the songs as he did in the past ;). But I don´t think he is a liar, he sometimes twists the truth a little bit :wink2:

here is the Gertrud story and you can see it in his face that hes telling a fairytale

[YOUTUBE]XM6C6amMI6Y[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you - both Mellody and Sabine - for your good explanations :thumb_yello:

I appreciate that :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

I think Mika has enough mothers, he doesn´t need us to tell him what to do or not to do:wink2::teehee:

Some mothers actually act the opposite way: encourage anything their child does, without questioning its relevance or quality..etc. That is also acceptable, although after a while what one believes is support can become a hindrance of professional development - I'm not talking about smoking cigarettes though.:teehee:

Anyway, I don't smoke myself but I know that many people smoke cigarettes

to 'brainstorm'. (I prefer walking for that. :teehee:) If he doesn't overdo it, a few small cigars now and then won't do much harm to his voice. Especially if he only does it when he writes songs... i.e. not that many occasions. :naughty:

:boing:

Are there any MFCers with a camera going? I'd like to hear new songs.

@guylaine Thank you for the summary:flowers2:

Treasa usually has a camera although I'm not sure if she regularly takes video. Let's hope someone does. :crossed:

On the subject of Mika playing fast and loose with the facts - he just does. You can make up any excuses you want for as to why he does it, but it doesn't change the fact that he says or implies things that aren't true.

I don't care if he lies. I don't think the things he lies about are of any importance. I don't think he would tell blatant lies about his sexuality for example. But he does make up stories, exaggerate and willfully misleads by implying things that are not true in such a way that anyone would come to the wrong conclusion.

If you haven't observed this and want to believe that everything that comes out of his mouth or is written in an interview is gospel you are welcome to. But there are probably hundreds of pages on MFC with discussions about these incidents so no one is making false accusations here :naughty: You will not learn everything there is to know about Mika from interviews, especially because of this habit he has of not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There are plenty of other ways to find out and verify information.

you know, 10000 people have met Mika after gigs and i've never heard anyone say "he smells like tobacco" & that's a smell that you just can't hide... everyone says "oh he smells like roses" :fangurl:

That last bit doesn't add much credit to those opinions, since people also say that when he has not taken a shower :mf_rosetinted:

I'll believe he has been in a lot of smoke while writing the last album, he has said so before, so this one seems more or less consistent. He suggested it in a tweet once, about being around stoners, and according to at least one interview, he came into the studio where Nick Littlemore was smoking pot (which must have meant a smokey studio), after which Mika took a glass of whiskey, which is also really bad for your voice. So as much as I think smoking is disgusting and I would find him a stupid idiot, I must admit it wouldn't surprise me that much...

I think Mika has enough mothers, he doesn´t need us to tell him what to do or not to do:wink2::teehee:

His mother told us her son wouldn't let her eat chocolate, so I'm not so sure he still listens :fisch:

Mika is not a f*cking saint. He lies, he drinks and he might smoke, but that is all his doing. This is a grown man of 30 years old. He can take his own responsibilities.

And I never trust interviews. He is not a bad liar in the sense that he lies about important stuff, but boyfriend sure is damn good at telling little white lies.

Let's not go all Beliebers and start a #cutformika trend on Twitter to make him stop smoking. Let the man do whatever he wants to do.

Mika is not a f*cking saint. He lies, he drinks and he might smoke, but that is all his doing. This is a grown man of 30 years old. He can take his own responsibilities.

And I never trust interviews. He is not a bad liar in the sense that he lies about important stuff, but boyfriend sure is damn good at telling little white lies.

Let's not go all Beliebers and start a #cutformika trend on Twitter to make him stop smoking. Let the man do whatever he wants to do.

:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: well said

i don't think any mika fans would go that far... but as a matter of fact i find smoking disgusting, and if mika feels he has to tell us that he smokes, i feel i have to tell him that i disapprove of that - even if that doesn't change a thing. :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

:bow:

i don't think any mika fans would go that far... but as a matter of fact i find smoking disgusting, and if mika feels he has to tell us that he smokes, i feel i have to tell him that i disapprove of that - even if that doesn't change a thing. :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

I think it's disgusting too but what's it got to do with me? As long as I don't have to kiss him it's not my problem. :naughty: