Hi!

Alireine

Hi everybody!

I have been reading here for a few days, now I'm happy to join you!

I'm from France, so please forgive my bad English :blush-anim-cl:

I'm 33, and i'm a teacher of French as a foreign language.

ok, now concerning the most important... MIKA :wub2:

I feel a bit stupid to say that I am a fan only since... err... this month! I know, I know, that's a shame... i don't know myself how i could not be interested in him before... :doh:

Actually i'm not so interested in music usually, so all I knew was that there was a guy named Mika, who was quite good at singing :teehee:

Then i saw him on a show on French TV, and i was "who's that guy who is smiling all the time? oh, he is the one called Mika, ok. What does he sing actually?" lol. I went on YouTube and ... ok, you know, what happens when we hear/see him on a show :wink2:

So I'm happy to say that I bought ticket for the show in Bourges in France (April, 25th), and I'm already sooooo excited to soon hear him live!

Thank you to all of you who created this fan club, it makes me really happy to be here :pinkbow:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bienvenue!

Glad to have a new French member here! (J'espère que ça ne te dérange pas que je réponde en anglais) I used to teach French as a foreign language too; in the UK :wink2:

What is the show where you discovered Mika?

I'm sure you'll spend the greatest time in Bourges and you will only have one idea afterwards : see him again as soon as possible!

Thank you for welcoming me!

That would be nice to meet some of you in Bourges :thumb_yello:

Camille, are you talking about the TV show were I saw "the smiling guy" for the first time? :wink2: It was "Les Enfoirés". I was having fun trying to recognize people!

Then I went on You Tube and saw many videos from Mika's concerts, mostly from autumn 2012.

Not sure I answered your question?

I'm already trying to stop myself from bying tickets for other summer shows in France... :fisch: I guess that after Bourges I can't stop myself! :teehee:

Camille, are you talking about the TV show were I saw "the smiling guy" for the first time? :wink2: It was "Les Enfoirés". I was having fun trying to recognize people!

Then I went on You Tube and saw many videos from Mika's concerts, mostly from autumn 2012.

Not sure I answered your question?

Yes that's what I was asking about :thumb_yello:

It's a nice story how you discovered him, I could only see him during the whole show but now I see that even for non fans (yet) he was the star of the night :biggrin2:

I'm already trying to stop myself from bying tickets for other summer shows in France... :fisch: I guess that after Bourges I can't stop myself! :teehee:

Hello :welcomeani: to the MFC, have a lot of fun here! :wink2: Mika is like a drug, a good drug, once he catches you you can not leave him :wub2:

Edited by Mikasister

Hi alireine, welcome to the mfc. I never would have imagined that les enfoires would get Mika new fans, but I guess I was wrong :thumb_yello:

And no, you probably won't be able to stop yourself :teehee: A year ago I would never have imagined going to another country just to see a gig, but guess what...

If you feel like it, you might want to drop by in the oldlings thread. It's especially for those of us here that are over 30, although we are so much fun that we have quite a few regular younglings as well :wink2:

Thank you everybody!

Smokesignal, I just had a look on the oldings thread, but I was feeling too shy to enter... :blush-anim-cl: but now that you invited me, i can't be shy anymore!

Yes, I understand what you all mean when you say that Mika is like a drug... I'm checking Twitter 6 times a day to see if he hasn't tweet(ed?), listening to his song all day long and can't help smiling like an idiot everytime I see him live on YouTube...

My first impression about him was that he was like "un petit soleil" (a little sun?), not the kind that hurts your eyes when you look at it, the kind that warms you all day long. Then I discovered the song "un soleil mal luné" :teehee:

Bienvenue sur le MFC :thumb_yello: Je suis sûre que tu vas te plaire parmi nous :wink2:

La façon dont tu as découvert Mika est plutôt surprenante. Tu étais présente à l'enregistrement du spectacle des Enfoirés ou bien tu as vu l'émission à la télé ?

J'ai hâte que tu partages avec nous tes impressions pour ton 1er concert :biggrin2: Tu verras qu'après, on en veut toujours plus :naughty:

Merci Minnie!

Non, j'ai simplement vu la diffusion du spectacle à la TV... je sais, c'est vraiment bizarre, mais heureusement que j'ai regardé l'émission! J'aurais pu vivre encore 5 ans sans connaître Mika :doh:

Hello Alireine!

Nice story about how you found Mika:thumb_yello:

I'm Catherine, from Montreal, and my story with mika is all because my daughter asked me to get her his first CD, at a time in my life I needed some sunshine and bam! I was hooked:wub2:

Can,t wait to see his show in less than 2 weeks now (he's coming to Montreal on April 6). Will be my 3rd time in a year seeing him. If you want to see a great show with mika, I suggest you look for his Star Acadénie performance from March 2012:wink2:

IL y a aussi un French-speaking thread dans International!

I'M also cathouzouf on twitter:fisch:

Edited by cathouzouf

Hi Cathouzouf!

I like your story about knowing Mika for the first time :wub2: You're right, sometimes we need sun in our lives, and he is a great sun!

You will see him before me, I'm jalous :wink2: I hope the gig in Montreal will be great! When/where were the other 2 times you saw him?

I will go have a look on the Star Académy, thank you!

Hi Cathouzouf!

I like your story about knowing Mika for the first time :wub2: You're right, sometimes we need sun in our lives, and he is a great sun!

You will see him before me, I'm jalous :wink2: I hope the gig in Montreal will be great! When/where were the other 2 times you saw him?

I will go have a look on the Star Académy, thank you!

I'm sure the April 6 ocnert will be awesome!

I saw him first time at Star Academie (since he did almost 8 complete songs, it was almost a proper gig) and he came to do a festival last summer near Montreal.

Unfortunately, I would love to travel to go see him at other places but my family life is too busy for that at the moment:wink2:

• 11 months later...

Just wanted to say that today it's one year exactly since I've discovered Mika for the first time :wub2:

I'm so happy of it, he makes my life more colorful everyday :wub2:

And I'm so glad I joined MFC, I had an amazing year thanks to you guys :huglove:

Just wanted to say that today it's one year exactly since I've discovered Mika for the first time :wub2:

And I'm so glad I joined MFC, I had an amazing year thanks to you guys :huglove:

It's your first Mikaversary! Congrats! My four month Mikaversary was last week. How I regret not finding him sooner. I could have been having such fun earlier.

I´m glad you are here and I wouldn´t like to miss you :huglove: