MIKA for JBC - 2013

krysady

Here is the translation of the interview posted by Lucrezia:

-You are taking your first steps in fashion.

-Not necessarily my first steps, on my own, yes it's my first steps.

- On your own, like a big boy.

- Like a big boy. A big 30 year old boy.

- You tried to add your personality to this, but more globally, in an ideal world, what would you like to fashion to be like? More chic, quirkier, more fun?

- I think that in an ideal world.. First of all I'm not a fan of 4 times a year collections. I think it puts so much pressure on people. Of course it's good for business and industry but this idea that there is a new collection every few months, I find it so hard.

- Less in quantity, more in quality.

- Less in quantity, more in quality, in the history of each piece of clothing, for example when you think a bit more about objects, it dematerializes the clothes. It becomes something about style, a personal style that we can develop without thinking about a brand or a total look or a collection or a season because seasons change so much now that fashion is almost scary from time to time in my opinion.

- If in an ideal world clothes had a different power, what would it be?

- It's funny because the idea of having another power, it's an idea that I loved in my collection, there are secret messages written in every piece, in trousers, in the girls, in the women lines. There's a jacket for women that says 'Beware, anything can happen when you put this on you', so it becomes a bit of a magical object. For men, it's a little bit different, I put on some trousers a message that says 'Now the only challenge is to find someone to show this label to tonight'. It means that if you are showing this label or sharing this, we are not necessarily wearing...

- Not wearing the trousers anymore..

- Exactly. If I put this on women clothes it will be a disaster.

- So some humour in fashion.

- You always need humour in fashion.

- You have different nationalities, you have lived in various countries, in an ideal world, shouldn't we all be a bit like you, a mix of several things, it could be a solution?

- That's funny because when you have curly hair you want straight hair. And the other way around. I come from nowhere and I've always thought, it would be so good to come from one place, one village, with one school, and one childhood home and one tree where you kiss somebody for the first time. A whole story, some roots. I don't have this at all. I'm the opposite. This identity crisis that you can have when you come from nowhere can be very destructive. So I thought I'm not going to let something like this destroy me. I'm going to create my own universe, my own identity. We are 5 kids in my family and we are all artists or designers because when you come from nowhere you have to create your own universe.

-You'll be 30 this year. So, ideally, what would you like to do in this decade, if you could do anything, what would you like to fulfill?

-I would ask a very rich man like Abramovitch to lend me, because I know that he has an A380 plane, it's such a waste, I don't think he has such a huge family, I do have a huge family, I've got all my family in Lebanon, in the US, everywhere, so we would take Abramovitch's A380 all around the world to collect all my family and friends and we go on a small island somewhere and we have a party. The reality of this would be a nightmare. We'll probably shut down a pub somewhere in London, close the door, the curtains, and we'll have a party and make music for 5 hours. This kind of things are often the best. We don't need Abramovitch's A380.

On another note, but still on topic, I'm just back from a JBC shop, really happy with what I got, I could totally have bought that without it being related to Mika, it was really my taste :thumb_yello:

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- You tried to add your personality to this, but more globally, in an ideal world, what would you like to fashion to be like? More chic, quirkier, more fun?

- I think that in an ideal world.. First of all I'm not a fan of 4 times a year collections. I think it puts so much pressure on people. Of course it's good for business and industry but this idea that there is a new collection every few months, I find it so hard.

- Less in quantity, more in quality, in the history of each piece of clothing, for example when you think a bit more about objects, it dematerializes the clothes. It becomes something about style, a personal style that we can develop without thinking about a brand or a total look or a collection or a season because seasons change so much now that fashion is almost scary from time to time in my opinion.

- It's funny because the idea of having another power, it's an idea that I loved in my collection, there are secret messages written in every piece, in trousers, in the girls, in the women lines. There's a jacket for women that says 'Beware, anything can happen when you put this on you', so it becomes a bit of a magical object. For men, it's a little bit different, I put on some trousers a message that says 'Now the only challenge is to find someone to show this label to tonight'. It means that if you are showing this label or sharing this, we are not necessarily wearing...

- You have different nationalities, you have lived in various countries, in an ideal world, shouldn't we all be a bit like you, a mix of several things, it could be a solution?

- That's funny because when you have curly hair you want straight hair. And the other way around. I come from nowhere and I've always thought, it would be so good to come from one place, one village, with one school, and one childhood home and one tree where you kiss somebody for the first time. A whole story, some roots. I don't have this at all. I'm the opposite. This identity crisis that you can have when you come from nowhere can be very destructive. So I thought I'm not going to let something like this destroy me. I'm going to create my own universe, my own identity. We are 5 kids in my family and we are all artists or designers because when you come from nowhere you have to create your own universe.

-You'll be 30 this year. So, ideally, what would you like to do in this decade, if you could do anything, what would you like to fulfill?

-I would ask a very rich man like Abramovitch to lend me, because I know that he has an A380 plane, it's such a waste, I don't think he has such a huge family, I do have a huge family, I've got all my family in Lebanon, in the US, everywhere, so we would take Abramovitch's A380 all around the world to collect all my family and friends and we go on a small island somewhere and we have a party. The reality of this would be a nightmare. We'll probably shut down a pub somewhere in London, close the door, the curtains, and we'll have a party and make music for 5 hours. This kind of things are often the best. We don't need Abramovitch's A380.

On another note, but still on topic, I'm just back from a JBC shop, really happy with what I got, I could totally have bought that without it being related to Mika, it was really my taste :thumb_yello:

Thanks a million Lucrezia and Camille - for finding, sharing and translating this interview! :thumb_yello: As always MIKA answers well and wise - and with humour :naughty::wub2:

Love,love

me

That's great. I want to get a plane and fly to Spain to watch the beer advert, while I'm basking in the sun (like we should be doing in Britain at this time of year) That would be really great.

Thanks for the translation.

I've just uploaded my videos:

And my playlist

Fantastic vids!! Thanks for sharing:flowers2:

As a musician I refuse to work with certain producers because it could damage my integrity. There was no reason to do it differently with the clothing collection.

Great quote, really believe that. It is very obvious that he never sacrifices his integrity and that is one of the reasons I admire him so much.

Don't know if I should open a new thread for it but Mika was interviewed for Flash - RTBF (a Belgians TV)

He's on at 38:06 minutes http://www.rtbf.be/video/emissions/detail_flash?pid=5695 and he talks about JBC

Elodie de Sélys ‏@edselys 10 May

SCOOP #closer #voici #sextape Vais-je réussir à faire changer Mika de bord? Réponse demain dans #flashrtbf... pic.twitter.com/aj1SIFITo5

BJ7UOhDCIAAvSvH.jpg

Elodie de Sélys ‏@edselys 6 May

Love today ! #flashrtbf pic.twitter.com/SrnXr9d4Nu

BJmppRICUAAyxPs.jpg

Lovely interview, thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if I should open a new thread for it but Mika was interviewed for Flash - RTBF (a Belgians TV)

He's on at 38:06 minutes http://www.rtbf.be/video/emissions/detail_flash?pid=5695 and he talks about JBC

VIMEO

Interview VIDEO

Le monde selon Mika

https://vimeo.com/66815981

438414710_295.jpg

:EDIT: TRANSLATION by camille* Thank you very much !! http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3906932&postcount=354

Grace ( Isa or Ysa ) has uploaded it to YT !

Thanks a lot for sharing as always !! :flowers2:

[YOUTUBE]zSLDERLe6YE[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kumazzz
add YT and translation

I don't know that AUDIO INTERVIEW has posted to this thread.

MNM.be Facebook

Een tijdje geleden bracht Mika z'n eigen kledingcollectie uit. Z'n allergrootste fan, Sportstan, kreeg het favoriete T-shirt van Mika cadeau. Beluister het gesprek hier:

Google translation

A while ago, Mika from his own clothing collection. His biggest fan, Sport Stan, was the favorite T-shirt Mika gift. Listen to the interview here

http://www.mnm.be/artikel/mika-aan-de-lijn

• 4 weeks later...

I just would like to point out, that the Mika clothing is reduced in price at the JBC stores (well at least in the city Maasmechelen).

Yesterday the clothing was also for sale at the website, but I can't find it anymore today.

Edited by ~Wicky~

I just would like to point out, that the Mika clothing is reduced in price at the JBC stores (well at least in the city Maasmechelen).

Yesterday the clothing was also for sale at the website, but I can't find it anymore today.

I couldn't find it on the site anymore either. Was interested in the white blazer.

I couldn't find it on the site anymore either. Was interested in the white blazer.

Wanted to buy the white blazer too... it was sold out at the store, so I tried the website; but no Mika clothes online anymore. :blink:

Edit: I just read on Facebook, that all the online items are transferred to the stores.

Edited by ~Wicky~

Wanted to buy the white blazer too... it was sold out at the store, so I tried the website; but no Mika clothes online anymore. :blink:

Edit: I just read on Facebook, that all the online items are transferred to the stores.

Ah makes sense. Maybe in 2 weeks if they still have some.

Ah makes sense. Maybe in 2 weeks if they still have some.

You could try indeed, there is a JBC store in the shopping mall in Liège (Luik)!

And a little bit off topic: there is a Primark in the same shopping mall (in The Netherlands I don't have a Primark in the neighborhood) :teehee:

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone :)

I just wanted to say that I'm selling a part of my clothes of this collection and I think a lot of people would be interested

So I'm showing you what I sell and the original price and if you like something you can make a proposition

889984Screenshot20140914235905.png

So the vest had cost 49,90€

The skirt had cost 59,90€

And the blouse 34,90€

264065Screenshot20140914235846.png

Here the vest had cost 79,90€

I don't sell the blouse

And the shorts was 44,90€

If you want some pictures of the clotes, or if you want to see what it looks like when someone is wearing it you can ask me :)

I hope I can be helpfull to someone :D

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2013 at 2:50 PM, Kumazzz said:

VIMEO

Interview VIDEO

Le monde selon Mika

https://vimeo.com/66815981

438414710_295.jpg

:EDIT: TRANSLATION by camille* Thank you very much !! http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3906932&postcount=354

Grace ( Isa or Ysa ) has uploaded it to YT !

Thanks a lot for sharing as always !! :flowers2:

[YOUTUBE]zSLDERLe6YE[/YOUTUBE]

• Thanks 1