Hello, all. A newbie here.

Angela in MI

Good afternoon, everyone.

I live in the state of Michigan in the USA. I literally just discovered Mika's music thanks to the college radio station in my town. I heard Lola and immediately looked up Mika. And that opened an entirely new world for me. I love Mika's music so much because I feel as though he says the things I feel but often can't articulate. Thank goodness for great artists like him!

I'm looking forward to learning more about him and other fans like you.

Thanks for having me here. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind welcome. I see you're from Manchester. Never been then but would love to. My goal is to see Mika in the UK. My family and I will be there next summer (June-ish?) so I'm hoping I'll get a chance. :)

Hi Angela and welcome!!!

You just missed Mika on an amazing North American tour but hopefully u'll get to see him soon and when u do you'll be blown away! :wub2:

See you around!:thumb_yello:

Hello :bye:

Thanks for the kind welcome. I see you're from Manchester. Never been then but would love to. My goal is to see Mika in the UK. My family and I will be there next summer (June-ish?) so I'm hoping I'll get a chance. :)

I'm sorry to tell you, but UK is probably the last country where you could expect to see Mika live. UK is ignoring Mika.. Or Mika is ignoring the UK, I'm not sure anymore :aah: But I do hope this will change by the time you're there :thumb_yello:

You just missed Mika on an amazing North American tour but hopefully u'll get to see him soon and when u do you'll be blown away! :wub2:

I wasn't even there, but it was such a fantastic tour :fangurl: This video still gives me goosebumps every time I watch it :swoon:

[YOUTUBE]xZ1OjpGt5Os[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. Let me tell you it´s dangerous to go to a Mika concert because he is very addictive and you will want to go to the next gig and the next gig and the next........

You guys are truly amazing. I've been a member of other forums, and I didn't get near the kind welcome. I was a bit embarrassed to admit I only recently found Mika, so thanks for not "yelling" at me. :)

I tried to get to one of his shows when he was here. But between the husband, teenage daughter (who plays viola and water polo), and the job, I just couldn't get to see him. I was almost physically ill that I couldn't. He just didn't come close enough to me to make the trip possible.

And I can't believe my chances of seeing him live in the UK aren't great. How terribly sad. Here's to my dream of seeing him live. The clip of Stardust made me all teary - right here at work!!!!!!!

And I LOVE that I'm not the only person from MI. You guys are awesome.

Thanks!!!!!

You guys are truly amazing. I've been a member of other forums, and I didn't get near the kind welcome. I was a bit embarrassed to admit I only recently found Mika, so thanks for not "yelling" at me. :)

I tried to get to one of his shows when he was here. But between the husband, teenage daughter (who plays viola and water polo), and the job, I just couldn't get to see him. I was almost physically ill that I couldn't. He just didn't come close enough to me to make the trip possible.

And I can't believe my chances of seeing him live in the UK aren't great. How terribly sad. Here's to my dream of seeing him live. The clip of Stardust made me all teary - right here at work!!!!!!!

And I LOVE that I'm not the only person from MI. You guys are awesome.

Thanks!!!!!

Sounds a lot like my life:naughty: (just add twins boys in the mix)

Welcome abroad:thumb_yello:

I'm from Montreal and was lucky enough to see him 3 times in about a year:blush-anim-cl:

Good heavens, Catherine. Twins + 3 shows in a year? I clearly need a lesson in 'how to' from you! Love my family and nothing is as important as them, but I'm DYING here trying to see him. My husband is so sweet. He's searching on demand on a daily basis trying to find the World Stage episode of Mika performing. It's nice to have his support in my addiction!

Good heavens, Catherine. Twins + 3 shows in a year? I clearly need a lesson in 'how to' from you! Love my family and nothing is as important as them, but I'm DYING here trying to see him. My husband is so sweet. He's searching on demand on a daily basis trying to find the World Stage episode of Mika performing. It's nice to have his support in my addiction!

Well, it was easy, he came my way:thumb_yello: Would have loved to see a show in NYC or DC this spring, but it was right in the middle of my daughter's figure skating show rehearsals so I couldn't go away.

Guess your best chances in the coming months is to target Europe, if you can :thumb_yello: or patiently wait he comes back our way. I waited 2 years for my first show:shocked:

As for my husband, he is supportive, as long as I don't mention the M word too often:fisch:

Well, it was easy, he came my way:thumb_yello: Would have loved to see a show in NYC or DC this spring, but it was right in the middle of my daughter's figure skating show rehearsals so I couldn't go away.

Guess your best chances in the coming months is to target Europe, if you can :thumb_yello: or patiently wait he comes back our way. I waited 2 years for my first show:shocked:

As for my husband, he is supportive, as long as I don't mention the M word too often:fisch:

Yeah, the husband. I have a similar situation. One morning, I woke up humming I only love you when I'm drunk. That wasn't exactly the best way to greet the day especially since that was NOT meant for hubby. :shocked:

And my family and I will be in London next summer. My hope is to catch a show somewhere in England, France, etc. then. We'll see....

Edited by Angela in MI

awww :wub2: do you have the dvds? I know it's not the same thing as seeing something on your actual TV but it's something..

I had to travel a few thousand miles to see him everytime but i think it helps that i don't have kids, just a hubby...:teehee: who is sadly not as supportive as yours but has gotten a bit more accommodating with time :aah:

awww :wub2: do you have the dvds? I know it's not the same thing as seeing something on your actual TV but it's something..

I had to travel a few thousand miles to see him everytime but i think it helps that i don't have kids, just a hubby...:teehee: who is sadly not as supportive as yours but has gotten a bit more accommodating with time :aah:

I don't have the DVDs but that's a great thought. Thank you! I too will likely have to travel to see Mika. My husband even said he'd come with which means myself, hubby and my daughter will be attending. I just hope he'll come back to the U.S. That would be my best chance.

Hopefully your hubby will continue to accommodate. I figure (and say frequently) that it's just Mika...music...it could be crack!

I don't have the DVDs but that's a great thought. Thank you! I too will likely have to travel to see Mika. My husband even said he'd come with which means myself, hubby and my daughter will be attending. I just hope he'll come back to the U.S. That would be my best chance.

Hopefully your hubby will continue to accommodate. I figure (and say frequently) that it's just Mika...music...it could be crack!

:lmao: exactly !!

It's great that they'll all be with you whenever it is but you might want to lay down the ground rules before re: q-ing and waiting after... Many MFC-ers have found that seeing a gig with a casual fan is less than ideal :aah:

:lmao: exactly !!

It's great that they'll all be with you whenever it is but you might want to lay down the ground rules before re: q-ing and waiting after... Many MFC-ers have found that seeing a gig with a casual fan is less than ideal :aah:

My girl was with me the first 2 times but she didn,t want to come in April. She's very tiny and less fierce than her mom so she didn't really enjoy her front row experience this summer. Thank god she was still willing to wait after the show:thumb_yello:

But going alone in April was far much better, no one to worry about:wink2: