MIKA Announces Collaboration with SWATCH

krysady

just discovered this: http://www.swatch.com/net.hunt/discover ... so, it starts on oct 27 and every team must have 3 members from different countries. and while solving each puzzle, you get to see more and more of mika's swatch design. this is really exciting! :biggrin2:

3 members from 3 different countries... good that mfc is so international! :teehee: i'm definitely looking for someone in my team who is good at maths, cause that's not really my strength. :teehee: i'm creative tho, the internet is my 2nd home, and i have lots of time. :biggrin2: wondering already how that's gonna work with the time... do all team members have to be online at the same time? and does the time count from that given point or from when you start? if team members can work on their own in case the others don't have time, i guess it'd make sense to build teams from different time zones.

this is gonna be really interesting... :teehee:

I think everyone on the team will have to be on at the same time - they already said the first clue will be given at 4 internet time on the 27th so I figure the fastest team to solve any clue wins that round

I had no problem getting on their website and registering etc.. Hmm.. But it doesn't bode well if other teammates will then have a problem

I'm also looking for teammates frm 2 other countries so... :aah:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just discovered this: http://www.swatch.com/net.hunt/discover ... so, it starts on oct 27 and every team must have 3 members from different countries. and while solving each puzzle, you get to see more and more of mika's swatch design. this is really exciting! :biggrin2:

3 members from 3 different countries... good that mfc is so international! :teehee: i'm definitely looking for someone in my team who is good at maths, cause that's not really my strength. :teehee: i'm creative tho, the internet is my 2nd home, and i have lots of time. :biggrin2: wondering already how that's gonna work with the time... do all team members have to be online at the same time? and does the time count from that given point or from when you start? if team members can work on their own in case the others don't have time, i guess it'd make sense to build teams from different time zones.

this is gonna be really interesting... :teehee:

I made a team but at this time I'm alone :blink:

but since this morning, I can't log in (with pc)

3 members from 3 different countries... good that mfc is so international! :teehee:

I am getting the sense that they are going to randomly assign people. I mean how do you form your own team? :dunno:

And if that's the case forget it. We have got some savvy people here but greater Mikaland is filled with people I wonder on a daily basis how they can manage to get on the net, hold down a job, or basically function in any way in reality. :freak:

After Mika's fb announces this comp swatch had better do something to ensure their site goes faster because they're going to be getting a looooot of traffic coming their way!

Doesn't the fact that Mika's FB is a day late and a dollar short on this already tell you how it's going to go? :lmfao:

Doesn't the fact that Mika's FB is a day late and a dollar short on this already tell you how it's going to go? :lmfao:

Well normally anything run by his fb u don't bother participating in but since this will be swatch then I have higher hopes, just think they will underestimate the interest in this comp

I'm almost good to solve puzzles, but i'm totally stupid in english language and i'm not sure to be online everytime. :doh:

So i think nobody wants me in a team :no:

The website seems to be ok, from PC and from Smartphone :fisch:

Ah okay so I'm finally in this thing from my computer but don't think it's ever going to work from my iPad. Do we know what time the comps are every day? I can only be on my PC at certain times of day.

we only have the time of the first task so far, if i used that weird swatch time zone thing correctly then it's at about 9:30 am german time... guess they'll make it at different times every day, so everyone has a chance of winning. :dunno:

i managed to log in and register for the competition now. you can build your own teams. minimum age is 18. and the event in london will be on november 26, the winners will be there from nov 25-28.

i managed to log in and register for the competition now. you can build your own teams. minimum age is 18. and the event in london will be on november 26, the winners will be there from nov 25-28.

Oh cool, I need a passport though. :naughty:

we only have the time of the first task so far, if i used that weird swatch time zone thing correctly then it's at about 9:30 am german time... guess they'll make it at different times every day, so everyone has a chance of winning. :dunno:

How did you calculate it? The beats left are 5 digits but the clock only allows you to enter 3 digits. I am coming up with evening times in Toronto no matter what I enter so it can't be 9:30 in Germany.

How did you calculate it? The beats left are 5 digits but the clock only allows you to enter 3 digits. I am coming up with evening times in Toronto no matter what I enter so it can't be 9:30 in Germany.

i didn't look into it closely... i just entered 400 and it gave me something like 9:37 on the other side. but like i said, maths isn't my strength, and i thought i still have time til end of oct to figure it out. :teehee:

Gaah. I've registered, but these times... I'll be on my way home from London on October 27, so I won't be available until late that afternoon. :sad:

And WTF about the event, if I should win -- that's Thanksgiving here in the US!

"Dear Family,

So sorry. We're not having Thanksgiving this year. Mummy's going off to London to see Mika and that's way more important than a family get-together."

:blink:

Yeah, right.

"Dear Family,

So sorry. We're not having Thanksgiving this year. Mummy's going off to London to see Mika and that's way more important than a family get-together."

:blink:

Um yeah! I was painting the planets on Thanksgiving. In fact I was doing Mika stuff for 3 days. :teehee:

What the hell is wrong with their website? I can't log in no matter what I do.

But if I do get it to work eventually, Nina and/or Karin, you can put me on as an additional teammember if you want.

+1

Exactly the same problem over here! Guess the website is already overloaded...

I'm almost good to solve puzzles, but i'm totally stupid in english language and i'm not sure to be online everytime. :doh:

So i think nobody wants me in a team :no:

The website seems to be ok, from PC and from Smartphone :fisch:

I would like to be in your team :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

I had no problem registering from iPad.

i didn't look into it closely... i just entered 400 and it gave me something like 9:37 on the other side. but like i said, maths isn't my strength, and i thought i still have time til end of oct to figure it out. :teehee:

Okay I've worked it out. You can't use their clock because you have to enter 5 digits. It's about 382 hours from now (15933 beats x 86.4 seconds / 60 seconds / 60 minutes) which is around 9:30 in Toronto, so it would be 3:30 pm in Germany.