MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Thanks for posting the link. It works perfectly on my tablet, and now I can watch at my leisure.

Florent is rather small, isn't he? He looks teeny next to Mika. But then again who doesn't?

Can someone give me a quick summary of the battles? I've never seen the American version, and can't understand enough French. So members of the same team sing a duet, and the one the coach likes best gets to stay, and the other is gone, unless another coach saves them? If they get saved do they move to that coaches team?

Can someone give me a quick summary of the battles? I've never seen the American version, and can't understand enough French. So members of the same team sing a duet, and the one the coach likes best gets to stay, and the other is gone, unless another coach saves them? If they get saved do they move to that coaches team?

Yes that's it. I'm not sure what happens to them after they join a different coach's team. If they still have to battle it out...or how many saves a coach is entitled to. I mean at the end of this episode they were supposed to have let two people go but some of them seemed to end up with 3 out of 4 still. This could take all year. :aah:

Yes that's it. I'm not sure what happens to them after they join a different coach's team. If they still have to battle it out...or how many saves a coach is entitled to. I mean at the end of this episode they were supposed to have let two people go but some of them seemed to end up with 3 out of 4 still. This could take all year. :aah:

Each coach can save 2 contestants and I'm not 100% sure but I think they don't have to battle again when they are saved.

In the last episode Mika was particularly beautiful :wub2: he was a delight for my eyes :naughty::fangurl:

And the show was very interesting, I liked very much the duet Caroline - Mélissa :thumb_yello:

I agree. A picture of Mika should be on every eye-test chart in every opticians shop. He's such a sight for sore eyes. The duet was beautiful.

I finally got to listen to the last episode today, I was 3 weeks late! :doh:

Is it just me or was Mika supposed to sing one of his songs at some point? Maybe I missed it or they didn't include this part ... I'm confused :dunno:

Is it just me or was Mika supposed to sing one of his songs at some point? Maybe I missed it or they didn't include this part ... I'm confused :dunno:

It wasn't broadcast yet. They are showing a performance of each coach in the aftershow since the battles have started. Last week it was Florent Pagny, this week it will be Garou.

It wasn't broadcast yet. They are showing a performance of each coach in the aftershow since the battles have started. Last week it was Florent Pagny, this week it will be Garou.

Oh great! Thank you, I'll make sure not to miss it.

Oh, that's cool. I've been wishing I could hear the other coaches sing. I'm not familiar with their work at all. I'm looking forward to this.

Here's my chat/translation, sketchy as usual:

Mika is telling he's quite nervous.

Mika: Sincerely right now I can't guess which one I'm going to loose and which one I'm going to keep. I hope that they aren't scared.

Mika (talking about A.): first I'm saying that I think it was superb. Superb. A. because of your fragility and your ruptures you are sublime. You are a way more interesting now than during the castings. Manon, I didn't pushed neither for you but I don't know why.

It was pretty beautiful, I don't choose anyone tonight, it feels good to see a duo, kudos girls.

Mika: all this is a new experience to me, I just can save two voices, two very beautiful voices, I'm waiting for the right moment

Mika: so, for the next battles, a girls duel : Marina (I listened to someone for who I'd like to write a song, we liked you 100%) and Claudia (I hear a lot of potential in french songs as well and I tell you that Pagny will be so jealous that he will swallow his ring). For this fight I decided to choose Marina and Claudia 'cause they are two superb voices with an amazing emotional potential. The song I chose is La mamma from Aznavour, a very beautiful classic, you'll see, it will be beautiful.

Kylie Minogue has a great carreer, a voice which has its own sound, its own style. She's a singer who knows how tu use her voice, so she's perfect. And she's my neighboor as well, so it was handy.

We are here for you and you don't have to be scared. This is one of the most beautiful songs, imo, but it talks about something very harsh as well, the mother's death.

Kylie felt something emotionally repetitive and you have to avoid this. Just because it's a sad song, this doesn't mean that all words are. When Marina begins to sing, she goes straight to to depth of the sadness. Put yourself in the moment, there's the joyful one, you describe it, then you come back to the sadness. You have to be a little bit more open, even physically, Marina. Warning, Kylie is aware of that. You are all closed, we are opening this (the shirt) cause a singer needs to open, to sing, you need to use your throat.

(about Claudia) and now, more tender, you're the opposite. I know the Fado tradition, we step into and we attack. Claudia, she can drown us with emotion. Even if I chose her for this Fado quality, we need to see something different. Give us some beautiful rising notes, without vibrato, you need to control.

And now, it happend, the proof (goosebumps on Kylie's arm). This is formidable, this is the ingredient we need to perform something magic. Without this … stay home.

They are perfect together.

You are not bas as a coach, you should coach me (referring to Kylie)

You have to play more with the song, it's a kind of falling on the ground. Vocally you have to take on the song otherwise it sounds karaoke.

Tonight I'm expecting sincerity and truth from Claudia and Marina and I think they can do it.

Tonight we had a duo, sincere and credible. I always say that it's the process which counts, not just the goal, and I think I tried to undisclose you a bit more, tonight I haven't finished my work with neither of you, but especially with Marina.

To me it's a matter of control and you both have done a trapeze here; to me the control is Wesley.

I think that the musical mark can be a gift and a great danger. Tonight it wasn't a danger cause he used his sound and his timbre with a solid performance, so I chose Maximilien.

For the next battle I chose Caroline and Melissa.

(about Caroline) You aren't scared to show your heart and it's totally clear you can do albums and it can work. There is no doubt in my mind that you can do albums after this competition.

(about Melissa) I heard an unique quality. I'm gonna to help you to feel more at easy on stage and I promise they are going to be jealous.

With Caroline and Melissa it was clear: there is Melissa who has a lower timbre, a delicious texture, then there is Caroline who sparkles a little bit more, it's more crusty. The two of them together, it's a beautiful pastry. I chose waisting my young years by london grammar. You may or may not know it but I'm looking forward to listen to it sang by you.

Melissa, I'm scared for her cause she doesn't understand, she does a bit... may I? A bit the shoulder like that, her head falls, but you mustn't do that. You are magnificient. That way you can't breathe.

You shouldn't be afraid of your size cause your size is your strenght. Look at this woman, this icon of pop music, actually she's tiny but she's splendid, she stands like a big man.

(while melissa is singing: open yourself, now scream

Caroline, it's your turn. You had some moments of unsecurity, why? You have to think you are at a foundation and having a weight almost like ….??????

Now we are trying an harmony. You are singing high and 'm singing underneath.

When you find the good note, it's going to be magic. Totally magic. And according to me it's going to be one of the most beautiful moments in the whole competition.

Ok, this is your first time on stage, right? We can see it. You really have to put yourself into this, this feeling like you are pulling it, like a marshmallow. You haven't to be scared, Caroline, do you get it?

I hope that tonight we are going to see Caroline and Melissa magnific and exaggerated, with not blocked voices, cause in a matter of fact a magic performance turn a normal person into a star. I want to see this alchemy tonight.

I'm charmed! I'm charmed cause it was super, girls, it was super.

London grammar is a new group, ti begins to work well worldwide. It was released in 2013 and it was one of the best songs of 2013.

First I realy want to thank the two girls cause they totally committed with this song. They disclosed themselves. Caroline you have an amazing potential, as I told you the first night, I hear albums and I think they can work. I didn't tell you that Melissa, but after your performance of tonight I think you can do albums as well, you have a great potential too, I disclosed you and I think you have more to give.Tonight , for my team, I choose Caroline.

Can I speak or I have no right? (they say he can't but he just interrupt Melissa while talking with the excuse to answer to her :aah: ) Melissa is a total transformation, the first evening it was just me who chose you, tonight you have three. Kudos.

(trivial: Pagny is owling when she choose Garou cause loup garou means werewolf).

I didn't expect that the three of them, who didn't push for Melissa, all pushed now to steal her. I'm charmed for her.

Alexia, when you're on stage you are not much at ease, but when you sing you are.

With Julie, we can see more the pro. But I have to say that Alexia sang better tonight.

During XF I didn't feel him like a professional singer. He was just a kind of nice nice amazing amazing guy passing by now and then during reharsals.

But while seeing him coaching the french girls, I felt different. I felt this bewildered astonishment that grabs me whenever he discloses his skills which are just alien to me. :blink: Of course, he wasn't on fire, he just told some sentences, but from them you can guess how much expertise he has in a field which I could never really understand. I feel more likely to understand how a doctor can perform a brain surgery than how a professional musician can play and sing and do a zillion other things alltogether, catch sounds or mistakes in a bunch of notes, get shades I'm not even aware of. This is just magic to me.

Do you remember Highlanders? Connor and Duncan Mac Leod and friends, who were able to detect one each other just like that, they had this inner feeling than another of their kind was around? Musicians are like that to me. They just know secret and unreacheable stuff and I'm amazed whenever they do it.

So, to see him going all highlander is a great pleasure for me and during these battles I could see some sparkles of it. :wub2:

Besides I always wonder how does it feel to be a music highlander, and I wish I could be in his shoes for some minutes in order to understand it, so I liked when he and Kylie told "when you catch the right note, it's magic".

Finally, how nice he was when he asked "may I?" before touching the girl!

People here in Italy keep saying that working with him it's a pleasure 'cause he's always polite and nice whereas many other famous people are so not (well, they aren't in his daily working team of musicians, I think it's a bit different when he's the boss... :teehee: I probably would be a way more scared than that Caroline girl was. And he was nice with her.... not demanding or whatever... I don't think he's always like that though :aah: )

During XF I didn't feel him like a professional singer. He was just a kind of nice nice amazing amazing guy passing by now and then during reharsals.

Oh no, i don't agree. :blush-anim-cl:

I really think that also during XF he has shown himself as a professional singer and musician. That was the reason for his success, I think. His professional behavior. Obviously, in a funny way....but I've never had the impression of seeing only an amazing and nice guy.

XF Italy it's quite different, the judges are a little bit unconventional and also the show...it has more pepper than The Voice France...I think he has only adapted himself to the structure of the shows. :wink2:

All these shows seems incredibly fake and contrived to me when it comes to the segments that are not filmed in front of the audience. The Dublin thing on X Factor was especially ridiculous with Mika sitting in a chair on the lawn of a castle :doh: But also I can't take anyone seriously if they use Kiley Minogue as a vocal coach either. :naughty:

The choice of song and performance by Caroline and Melissa was brilliant but these girls were so good to start with. The calibre of the best singers on the Voice is so far and above Mika's girls on X Factor you can't even compare them.

All these shows seems incredibly fake and contrived to me when it comes to the segments that are not filmed in front of the audience.

Right, we have been told by mfcers in the audience that things are not always like they make them appear in tv episodes.

So you think it's all a fake? He didn't go "I'm a musician and I know better?" :no:

I so like him when he shows his musician skills, I mean, not just singing but also in what he does and says. Anyway, I bought it and I liked it :aah:

Right, we have been told by mfcers in the audience that things are not always like they make them appear in tv episodes.

So you think it's all a fake? He didn't go "I'm a musician and I know better?" :no:

I so like him when he shows his musician skills, I mean, not just singing but also in what he does and says. Anyway, I bought it and I liked it :aah:

I don't know, maybe it's because I don't understand the nuance of the language but I am not really getting a sense that Mika is such an amazing musical genius from anything that is happening on the Voice. :naughty: Or maybe it's because I've seen Mika coach people in real rehearsals and it is nothing like what we are seeing on TV. I just don't even recognize this person I see on TV and like I said I can't take anyone seriously using Kylie Minogue as a vocal coach. As if he would do that in real life and not just because she has star appeal and it makes for good TV.

I am not really getting a sense that Mika is such an amazing musical genius from anything that is happening on the Voice.

Oh, this is happening to me just because I'm so incompetent that I get excited with every tiny thing. But I'm aware of that. :naughty:

Or maybe it's because I've seen Mika coach people in real rehearsals and it is nothing like what we are seeing on TV.

This is the part of him I'm scared of :teehee: