MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I'm not sure, but I think that in The Voice, the jurys are not auditioning the candidates before the live prime, are they?

As the are listening the voice without seeing the candidates, it makes no sense to do the audition before I think

Oh, that's true! I've watched only one season in my country. So it means two different judge jobs but not at the same time?

Oh, that's true! I've watched only one season in my country. So it means two different judge jobs but not at the same time?

That's what I think. Even if there will be a bit promo for The Voice as Ingie says, I think it will not be overwhelming.

Just would like to know when is the official end of X Factor Italia.

And if there was any official confirmation for The Voice (I mean from serious newspapers or radios)

So it starts in November? He will be so busy Nov/Dec working both in Italy and France, I hope it's not too much for his health. So does this mean he will work as a judge the spring 2014 too?

My first thought was "He doesn't need to learn new language at least" :doh:

Second thought was about his health as well. And about how much energy he has :aah:

And last thought was that he showed what he thinks about all the fan's criticism about X Factor :naughty:

I love his music and I want the new album will be in priority for him. But it's his life and his career. Who am I to judge and advice? He's free to make whatever he wants! I only hope he won't hold up the work on the next album and won't work too hard!

I do agree with you really. I am not a fan of these type of shows on the whole but I do think that out of them all The Voice is the best. And Mika has certainly got the talent and experience. And of course it is good exposure for him.

But I have to admit that my reaction is probably from a personal view point. We haven't seen Mika in the UK at all in 2013 and he just takes on more and more projects in other countries.

As I say.... I am just whining :naughty:

No, I agree with you! If he wants to do The Voice, fine, but why not the UK version?

Maybe he hasn't been offered the job in the UK, but that's all the more reason to get his ass over here doing SOMETHING!!!

I'm not one to tell him what to do and it's his choice. But the UK is important and he has fans here. But there's nothing of his around for us.

If the Underwater ad was in the UK, it would help him here, but there's nothing here to remind people he exists.

I've always supported him, whatever he's done, but I'm sick and tired of all these foreign projects, when he does nothing in the UK. It was heartbreaking last year, to see him struggling to fill those tiny UK venues. But unless he makes an effort in the UK, with some type of project, or an advert that has a song of his, actually sung and not just the instrumental that UK won't recognise as his. then things are never going to get better for him in Britain and he'll just disappear for good. That would be terrible.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Hello MFC :wink2:

I just heard on Europe 1, a french information radio, that Mika would replace Louis Bertignac in the next season of "The Voice" in France !

the news are on different websites too now, for example here: http://www.public.fr/News/Mika-il-remplace-Louis-Bertignac-dans-le-jury-de-The-Voice-441676

Seems like their source and the source of most of the other articles is the article in the Le Parisien (http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/the-voice-mika-remplace-bertignac-30-08-2013-3092831.php). Is this newspaper a trustworthy one?

This article tells a little bit more: http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/mika-prend-la-place-de-louis-bertignac-pour-l-emission-the-voice-7764147203

Les milieux artistiques confirment l'information mais TF1 ne peut pas le faire ce vendredi puisqu'elle respecte son calendrier, pas le nôtre, et qu'elle a l'intention d'en faire l'annonce plus tard.

But overall it seems trustworthy and not like a hoax.

I'm really not sure what I think about it, I was okay with XF Italy, I even got to like the idea in some ways over the time. But my first reaction to this news was "hopefully it's a hoax". I would have understood more if he had liked judging on XF after experiencing it and therefore would have said "yes" to another show after some time. But he didn't even do the live shows of XF Italy, he doesn't know if it's something he likes or not, he doesn't know if it's possible to stay true in a casting show, if it's possible to be creative, if it's possible to write while judging like he has planned, if it's very stressful or not. XF I had seen more like "if he wants to do it, than he should do it, and at they end he will see if it will work out or not, if it was a good decision or a bad one". But now he supposedly said "yes" to another show without knowing all that.

And there seems like no space between these 2 shows. For freetime and for making the new album. And then he will be occupied again for some month with The Voice. One time, okay, he's no "touring- and writing-machine" anyways. But another couple of month?

Edited by DerMoment1608

No, I agree with you! If he wants to do The Voice, fine, but why not the UK version?

Maybe he hasn't been offered the job in the UK, but that's all the more reason to get his ass over here doing SOMETHING!!!

I'm not one to tell him what to do and it's his choice. But the UK is important and he has fans here. But there's nothing of his around for us.

If the Underwater ad was in the UK, it would help him here, but there's nothing here to remind people he exists.

I've always supported him, whatever he's done, but I'm sick and tired of all these foreign projects, when he does nothing in the UK. It was heartbreaking last year, to see him struggling to fill those tiny UK venues. But unless he makes an effort in the UK, with some type of project, or an advert that has a song of his, actually sung and not just the instrumental that UK won't recognise as his. then things are never going to get better for him in Britain and he'll just disappear for good. That would be terrible.

First of all he must get the chance to do something in UK. He needs offers so he would be able to do it. As you say the Underwater ad wasn´t played in UK but in every other country it seems some people in UK who are mighty enough decided to ignore him completely. And he can´t and wouldn´t run from door to door again and ask for a TV show or something else.

He knows he has fans in UK but probably not enough to change the situation for him there ( the same in Germany ).

Edited by Sabine64

I agree Marilyn. Im in London and I wish he would do some more stuff over here ! People keep saying im lucky to be in the UK but he does so many more things in other countries !He needs more press ! and playing a few more gigs would help :)

Seems like their source and the source of most of the other articles is the article in the Le Parisien (http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/the-voice-mika-remplace-bertignac-30-08-2013-3092831.php). Is this newspaper a trustworthy one?

This article tells a little bit more: http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/mika-prend-la-place-de-louis-bertignac-pour-l-emission-the-voice-7764147203

But overall it seems trustworthy and not like a hoax.

I'm really not sure what I think about it, I was okay with XF Italy, I even got to like the idea in some ways over the time. But my first reaction to this news was "hopefully it's a hoax". I would have understood more if he had liked judging on XF after experiencing it and therefore would have said "yes" to another show after some time. But he didn't even do the live shows of XF Italy, he doesn't know if it's something he likes or not, he doesn't know if it's possible to stay true in a casting show, if it's possible to be creative. XF I had seen more like "if he wants to do it, than he should do it, and at they end he will see if it will work out or not, if it was a good decision or a bad one". But now he supposedly said "yes" to another show without knowing all that.

And there seems like no space between these 2 shows. For freetime and for making the new album. And then he will be occupied again for some month with The Voice. One time, okay, he's no "touring- and writing-machine" anyways. But another couple of month?

I don't trust Le Parisien newspaper so much, that's why I wish more serious newspapers like "Le Monde", "Telerama", "Libé" or "Le Figaro" would say it also (even if they would maybe not care about an information about a show like The Voice :naughty:)

First of all he must get the chance to do something in UK. He needs offers so he would be able to do it. As you say the Underwater ad wasn´t played in UK but in every other country it seems some people in UK who are mighty enough decided to ignore him completely. And he can´t and wouldn´t run from door to door again and ask for a TV show or something else.

He knows he has fans in UK but probably not enough to change the situation for him there ( the same in Germany ).

Yes, it seems to me that it's the major issue with UK, but I'm not living there so I don't know really...

I don't trust Le Parisien newspaper so much, that's why I wish more serious newspapers like "Le Monde", "Telerama", "Libé" or "Le Figaro" would say it also (even if they would maybe not care about an information about a show like The Voice :naughty:)

Is it possible they announce news like this even if it's not true? It's still a proper "newspaper"?

I'm not sure, but I think that in The Voice, the jurys are not auditioning the candidates before the live prime, are they?

As the are listening the voice without seeing the candidates, it makes no sense to do the audition before I think

Not always... At least in the Quebec version it's not the judges who do first auditions. Because they started and are still haven't announced the 4th judge/coach...

My question is more: isn't there any exclusive rights from xfactor? Aren't those two shows competitors? I know it's not the same country but still...

Is it possible they announce news like this even if it's not true? It's still a proper "newspaper"?

They made worst :mf_rosetinted:

And as the information seems to come only from this Parisien source, I prefer to wait to be sure.

I'm keeping checking on Twitter to see if more serious newspapers are mentionning it, but nothing atm

And about radio, i'm not sure about RTL either :fisch:

Not always... At least in the Quebec version it's not the judges who do first auditions. Because they started and are still haven't announced the 4th judge/coach...

My question is more: isn't there any exclusive rights from xfactor? Aren't those two shows competitors? I know it's not the same country but still...

:thumb_yello:

That's a good question, but i hope he checked before saying yes :naughty:

Quite possibly because the UK version did not ask him and this is not the kind of job you apply for in the conventional way.

Good for him I think he enjoys it ! though I cant help wishing he was on tv on a show I could actually watch in the UK ! lol

I agree Marilyn. Im in London and I wish he would do some more stuff over here ! People keep saying im lucky to be in the UK but he does so many more things in other countries !He needs more press ! and playing a few more gigs would help :)

Yes, it seems to me that it's the major issue with UK, but I'm not living there so I don't know really...

I agree with Sabine. It's like Catch 22 with the UK atm. If only someone at the top, would believe in him. All we can hope for really, is that all the attention in foreign countries, and the success of the PS Vid and the Uw Swatch Ad in other places, might resonate over here.

also, the gigs would help if they weren't so small. But he got on top here once, so I hope he has ideas for getting on top again. I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I wish him luck with the French Voice show, but it isn't going to be easy. Even with the X factor, it's not all about being on the panel once a week. He has to mentor his group as well. That will take time. The Voice will be the same thing. They choose who they want to represent in their own section. So it's a big job for him, on both shows

It could be a hoax of course, but I doubt it. It's all over Twitter.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin