MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

If no one takes it seriously then why are we having this discussion about how we should have faith that he will release an album in 2014? :naughty:

Oh, we were probably discussing about two different things? Lol! I meant that whenever he wants to release a new album the result is better if we have faith in him. And that he hasn't directly said anything about the schedule for this new album but if he really plans to do it year 2014 I want to believe it's possible. But everything he is doing is actually new for him too, so time will tell how it all works out. And whatever he is doing (judging, music) I know he works really hard so I think he deserves support and positive thoughts anyway. Personally I'm not that interested in the exact timing for the album, I would just love to hear some new music, at least one song, and mostly hope there will be shows at some point.

Oh, we were probably discussing about two different things? Lol! I meant that whenever he wants to release a new album the result is better if we have faith in him. And that he hasn't directly said anything about the schedule for this new album but if he really plans to do it year 2014 I want to believe it's possible. But everything he is doing is actually new for him too, so time will tell how it all works out. And whatever he is doing (judging, music) I know he works really hard so I think he deserves support and positive thoughts anyway. Personally I'm not that interested in the exact timing for the album, I would just love to hear some new music, at least one song, and mostly hope there will be shows at some point.

Amen:fisch:

I support him completely, I have never stopped. It doesn't mean I have to like these waste of time shows he has decided to jump onto, for whatever reason he is doing them for.

I have no time for them, so I won't be joining in what goes on when they begin.

I support Mika for HIS talent, not someone elses.

Sorry.

If no one takes it seriously then why are we having this discussion about how we should have faith that he will release an album in 2014? :naughty:

i believe him... but i also know that i tend to be too optimistic, so i totally understand anyone who doesn't. :teehee:

whether the casting shows make his 4th album take longer or not, i'm not too happy about him doing that. but maybe he finds it inspiring. or maybe he needs the money to produce his next album/tour the way he wants. or both. anyway i'm looking forward to his next gigs, whenever that may be. and until then i'll learn italian because i've wanted to do that for years and it's a good motivation to be able to understand mika at least in one of the 3 other languages he speaks besides english. :teehee:

I support him completely, I have never stopped. It doesn't mean I have to like these waste of time shows he has decided to jump onto, for whatever reason he is doing them for.

I have no time for them, so I won't be joining in what goes on when they begin.

I support Mika for HIS talent, not someone elses.

Sorry.

+1 :thumb_yello:

Last sentence: "The filming of The Voice France will begin in November for broadcast early next year."

If Mika's committed to X Factor in Italy until December, can he actually be involved with this France thing in November? :blink:

I just looked up the dates of former seasons on Wiki, because it confuses me, too:

La première saison a été diffusée du 25 février 2012 au 12 mai 2012 pendant douze semaines, à raison d'un épisode chaque samedi soir à 20 h 50.

Les auditions à l'aveugle et les Battles sont enregistrées au studio du Lendit de La Plaine Saint-Denis.

Les auditions à l'aveugle ont été enregistrées les 10, 11, 16, 17, et 18 janvier 2012 et elles ont été diffusées sur TF1, du 25 février 2012 au 17 mars 2012.

Les Battles ont été enregistrées les 14 et 16 février 2012 et diffusées sur TF1 les 24 et 31 mars 2012.

Les Primes en direct, ont lieu au studio 217 de La Plaine Saint-Denis et diffusés sur TF1 du 7 avril 2012 au 12 mai 2012.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voice,_la_plus_belle_voix

If the schedule of the third season is similar to the first season, it would fit, because back than the blind auditions had started in January. So maybe the information about November is only the filming of the pre-selections before the blind-auditions?

i'm not sure how "The Voice" works in other countries, but i have a friend who participated in "La Voix" in Quebec. He came for an audition, before the judges were involved, so they are pre-selected as having talents to start with.

He auditioned last summer (aug. 2012 if i remember correctly), then he came back for the blind auditions Jan. 2013 and was chosen. He came back over 2 months later (he lives/works in Florida), for the live television shows, when the chosen ones start competing. He then had to stick around for coaching/mentor rehearsals & tv shows.

Interesting, is he a good friend? One you could "interrogate" a little bit? About the work of the Judges, what they have to do, how much time they are actually working with the contestants and for the show. It would be great to get some information from someone who has really seen it as the discussions how much time and energy he will invest in the show are based only on assuming so far.

Hm, we could discuss it without ending but for what? Someone said; maybe I'm a bad fan. I don't think so. But what is a good and what is a bad fan? In my opinion no-one is a bad fan because he or she said, that he is not happy about Mikas plans. A fan should support, indeed, but it doesn't mean to say Amen to all but also a fan can't decide what is good or bad for his career. To be fan doesn't mean that we own Mika. He decides for himself, not for us and that's okay:thumb_yello:

Hm, we could discuss it without ending but for what? Someone said; maybe I'm a bad fan. I don't think so. But what is a good and what is a bad fan? In my opinion no-one is a bad fan because he or she said, that he is not happy about Mikas plans. A fan should support, indeed, but it doesn't mean to say Amen to all but also a fan can't decide what is good or bad for his career. To be fan doesn't mean that we own Mika. He decides for himself, not for us and that's okay:thumb_yello:

Well said :thumb_yello:

Interesting, is he a good friend? One you could "interrogate" a little bit? About the work of the Judges, what they have to do, how much time they are actually working with the contestants and for the show. It would be great to get some information from someone who has really seen it as the discussions how much time and energy he will invest in the show are based only on assuming so far.

I went to school with him, my aunt is his aunt also (but we are not cousins :naughty:) I sent him a message on FB, he's on tour at the moment.

He's been singing for a living ever since he was a little boy. He opened for Bruce Springsteen in 2009 in London.

I'm not sure if you can view it, if you are interested, this is his audition:

http://tva.canoe.ca/emissions/lavoix/personnages/candidat/dany-flanders-686186/videos/video-welcome-dans-le-moffatt-team-698626

Edited by guylainem123

So he answered... he doesn't know how long they work "for the show", but

with the contestants... he says about one hour/week per participant!

I asked him another question, waiting for the answer.

Edited by guylainem123

Thank you,it's interesting to find information from the inside :thumb_yello: I wonder if the things is happening in the same way in every country,I suppose the rules are basically similar,more or less.

Thanks for the info! :thumb_yello: I'm not really familiar with the concept and schedules, I watched one season in my country on and off, not regularly. My hairdresser does hair and make-up for the show and she actually mentioned something about their future schedules but I didn't pay enough attention :doh:

Thanks for the info! :thumb_yello: I'm not really familiar with the concept and schedules, I watched one season in my country on and off, not regularly. My hairdresser does hair and make-up for the show and she actually mentioned something about their future schedules but I didn't pay enough attention :doh:

one should always carefully listen to hairdressers :teehee:

Thanks Guylaine for the information :thumb_yello:

he doesn't know how long they work "for the show", but with the contestants... he says about one hour/week per participant!

Thanks for asking :thumb_yello: I would have even expected more. So it's around 20 hours a week for the pure working with contestants. Plus all the other work we don't really know about.

Wow, a video that wasn't blocked in Germany, what rareness :naughty: He has quite an organ :D

Thanks for asking :thumb_yello: I would have even expected more. So it's around 20 hours a week for the pure working with contestants. Plus all the other work we don't really know about.

He won't have 20 contestants. It's usually less depending on the country.

I think at the start, each judge had 8 contestants.

It could be not all 8 are seen the same day :dunno:

There was also outings with the participants. Some of the judges took them to their home, a restaurant etc... They also sang songs with their mentor. All that would require extra time.

In Quebec, each judge wrote a song for the finalist to sing.

I think at the start, each judge had 8 contestants.

It could be not all 8 are seen the same day :dunno:

There was also outings with the participants. Some of the judges took them to their home, a restaurant etc... They also sang songs with their mentor. All that would require extra time.

In Quebec, each judge wrote a song for the finalist to sing.

And one of the judges combined the show with touring, but I know it was extremely hard for her and the main reason why she won't do season #2

Basically, the format is this. I know this because it is Dutch and it was very innovative back then:mf_rosetinted::

- You have blind auditions in which coaches only hear a voice and have to turn around based on the voice alone. After these rounds each coach will have a team of contestants. In the UK it was 10 but in Holland for example it is 16.

- The contestants will then have to battle against each other. So, Mika would have 2 of his contestants battle with each other while performing at the same time. He then picks one contestant who will go through to the next round, the other will be out. Mika will have a team of people he likes to work with who will help him decide which contestant to pick. Let's say Doriand is his second advisor here.

- Then you have the live shows. The coaches will work with each of their contestants and pick a song they have to perform. The audience votes who has to go. Then of each team, two contestants will go to the 'sing-offs'. The coach then has to pick one of them to go through to the next round.

- In the last phase, every coach will have 2 contestants left. In this phase, the vote of the coaches is 50% but the votes of the public count for 50% as well. Then each coach will have 1 contestant left and then we'll have the finals.

Basically, the format is this. I know this because it is Dutch and it was very innovative back then:mf_rosetinted::

- You have blind auditions in which coaches only hear a voice and have to turn around based on the voice alone. After these rounds each coach will have a team of contestants. In the UK it was 10 but in Holland for example it is 16.

- The contestants will then have to battle against each other. So, Mika would have 2 of his contestants battle with each other while performing at the same time. He then picks one contestant who will go through to the next round, the other will be out. Mika will have a team of people he likes to work with who will help him decide which contestant to pick. Let's say Doriand is his second advisor here.

- Then you have the live shows. The coaches will work with each of their contestants and pick a song they have to perform. The audience votes who has to go. Then of each team, two contestants will go to the 'sing-offs'. The coach then has to pick one of them to go through to the next round.

- In the last phase, every coach will have 2 contestants left. In this phase, the vote of the coaches is 50% but the votes of the public count for 50% as well. Then each coach will have 1 contestant left and then we'll have the finals.

it was pretty much the same here. I think new sets of rules are made from country to country. For example, in the USA, they added a "steal the opponents contestant that was not chosen"

In Quebec, we had a 3 people battle. One saved by the public's vote, one chosen by their mentor, 3rd one was out.