MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

If it's like last year, it will be aired from early February on TF1, the biggest French channel. Videos are usually not visible outside France but I'm sure we'll manage one way or another :thumb_yello:

I think I've watched things on TF1. Maybe I was using a French proxy.

céline dion has a very very quebec accent :aah:

Yes I mean how could she not? :dunno:

And (last but not least): he can still speak French very well :mf_rosetinted: He has not lost it at all, yeah!!! :thumb_yello:

Oh he's never going to lose his French, he's proper bilingual non? It's not like the Spanish and Italian where he has learned it later in life. Thanks for your report but I don't understand the premise of this show at all so it makes no sense to me. :aah::teehee:

I'm glad some of you made it to the filming - thanks for the report, Melanie :thumb_yello:

I must say that we are very lucky in France for The Voice, compared to our Italian friends and X Factor (:huglove: to all of you who couldn't enter to the Live shows): we know the name of the website where we can inscribe ourself (that's the one that Vanessa gave before), then we just need to be quick to do it :thumb_yello:

Oh he's never going to lose his French, he's proper bilingual non? It's not like the Spanish and Italian where he has learned it later in life. Thanks for your report but I don't understand the premise of this show at all so it makes no sense to me. :aah::teehee:

Should I explain you how The Voice works, so you can follow the "adventure" with us :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Should I explain you how The Voice works, so you can follow the "adventure" with us :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

No ugh, I just really hate how convoluted and stupid these shows have become. I'll try to watch the first one but unless I get sucked in by some really great contestants I don't think I'll be able to stand it. At least Mika looks like a normal human being here and not like some circus freak as he does on X Factor.

No ugh, I just really hate how convoluted and stupid these shows have become. I'll try to watch the first one but unless I get sucked in by some really great contestants I don't think I'll be able to stand it. At least Mika looks like a normal human being here and not like some circus freak as he does on X Factor.

Well, that is your opinion. He does not look like a circus freak to me at all. He looks like a smart man debating about music , but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the reports everybody! :) glad you enjoyed it!

Well, that is your opinion. He does not look like a circus freak to me at all. He looks like a smart man debating about music , but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the reports everybody! :) glad you enjoyed it!

I am talking about the tacky outfits, not whether he is smart or not. Although compared to the other judges he is the least freaky. :aah:

I must say that we are very lucky in France for The Voice, compared to our Italian friends and X Factor (:huglove: to all of you who couldn't enter to the Live shows): we know the name of the website where we can inscribe ourself (that's the one that Vanessa gave before), then we just need to be quick to do it :thumb_yello:

But italian fans could enter to the auditions and meet Mika. It wasn't an audition yesterday? :teehee:

I think I've watched things on TF1. Maybe I was using a French proxy.

Yes I mean how could she not? :dunno:

Not going to write a whole dissertation as to why a lot of Quebec people feel they have to tone down their accent when they go to France but I've seen it happen a lot in the past. Maybe to French ears they sound very Quebec but it's not... Must be something in our genes:shocked:

So, it was really interesting for me, as it was my first time attending the recording of a TV program.

We managed to be seated all together (we were a small group of Mika fans), perfectly well to see Mika when he was not facing the stage (that is, most of the time). :wub2:

Unfortunately we wasn't allowed to take our phones, so no pictures of the night, but it was so nice to see Mika and to listen to him during more than 5 hours! It felt to me like meeting again a dear old friend :wub2:

Mika was quite stressed before the show started, but after one or 2 songs of the contestants, he was already fine and feeling perfectly at ease :naughty: He was in a very good mood, laughing a lot :teehee:

There is a good chemistry between the 4 coaches (or judges), Mika was talking quite a lot with the others, especially between the takes (?).

Imo, his judgement of the contestants was clever, always honnest but kind (but we already knew that from XF :mf_rosetinted:).

We listened to 21 people if I good remember. During the first part of the show, the contestants were always choosing him :naughty: He had 5 in a very short time (they can have 15 but there are still 4 other shows, that means more than one hundred poeple :aah:), so then I think he decided to "buzz" less, only when he was especially loving the performance. He also tried to help Jenyfer (the woman coach) to convince contestants to come in her team (she hasn't such a great voice than the other 2 judges, so many prefer to go with the others).

There was a part that was so funny: Jenyfer and Florent were "fighting" to convince someone to come in their team, Garou also, so they really talked very long. Then Mika simply said one sentence (can't remember which one exactly, but I hope the other fans will remember), and the girl chosed him :lmfao:

I was exhausted at the end (they had told us the end was at 1AM but it ended at 2:30 :aah:), so I can't remember everything well, but I hope that there will be other reports to complete.

And (last but not least): he can still speak French very well :mf_rosetinted: He has not lost it at all, yeah!!! :thumb_yello:

oh, and if I'm not wrong, he was wearing the blue Mochino suit (? no time to check the name of the fashion designer, sorry) he wore on the second XF live

Thanks for your report Melanie :huglove:

But italian fans could enter to the auditions and meet Mika. It wasn't an audition yesterday? :teehee:

ah, true, you are right :doh:

It was audition, but second part of it: the first audition part is made without the 4 judges.

Then there are 5 blind auditions with the judges (they must choose 60 contestants out of around 100 I think)

Then 3 battles days (we have new dates for those: 17, 19 and 21th of December, even if not confirmed yet)

Then the live shows at spring 2014. Maybe for these one it will be more difficult to get invitations, we'll see

I am talking about the tacky outfits, not whether he is smart or not. Although compared to the other judges he is the least freaky. :aah:

Yes, for the second live show of XF, he was the one looking the more "classic" dressed :naughty:

ah, true, you are right :doh:

It was audition, but second part of it: the first audition part is made without the 4 judges.

Then there are 5 blind auditions with the judges (they must choose 60 contestants out of around 100 I think)

Then 3 battles days (we have new dates for those: 17, 19 and 21th of December, even if not confirmed yet)

Then the live shows at spring 2014. Maybe for these one it will be more difficult to get invitations, we'll see

December shows are not on Saturdays so I guess I'll have to wait till spring :pray:

So, it was really interesting for me, as it was my first time attending the recording of a TV program.

We managed to be seated all together (we were a small group of Mika fans), perfectly well to see Mika when he was not facing the stage (that is, most of the time). :wub2:

Unfortunately we wasn't allowed to take our phones, so no pictures of the night, but it was so nice to see Mika and to listen to him during more than 5 hours! It felt to me like meeting again a dear old friend :wub2:

Mika was quite stressed before the show started, but after one or 2 songs of the contestants, he was already fine and feeling perfectly at ease :naughty: He was in a very good mood, laughing a lot :teehee:

There is a good chemistry between the 4 coaches (or judges), Mika was talking quite a lot with the others, especially between the takes (?).

Imo, his judgement of the contestants was clever, always honnest but kind (but we already knew that from XF :mf_rosetinted:).

We listened to 21 people if I good remember. During the first part of the show, the contestants were always choosing him :naughty: He had 5 in a very short time (they can have 15 but there are still 4 other shows, that means more than one hundred poeple :aah:), so then I think he decided to "buzz" less, only when he was especially loving the performance. He also tried to help Jenyfer (the woman coach) to convince contestants to come in her team (she hasn't such a great voice than the other 2 judges, so many prefer to go with the others).

There was a part that was so funny: Jenyfer and Florent were "fighting" to convince someone to come in their team, Garou also, so they really talked very long. Then Mika simply said one sentence (can't remember which one exactly, but I hope the other fans will remember), and the girl chosed him :lmfao:

I was exhausted at the end (they had told us the end was at 1AM but it ended at 2:30 :aah:), so I can't remember everything well, but I hope that there will be other reports to complete.

oh, and if I'm not wrong, he was wearing the blue Mochino suit (? no time to check the name of the fashion designer, sorry) he wore on the second XF live

Thank you so much Melanie :huglove:

Your report is really great :wub2:

I forgot one of the most important :aah:

A girl sang Underwater! She was playing it on piano and singing, I liked it quite much because she made it her own version, not simply copying Mika, but she was not good enough for singing the high part of the chorus imo. The funny part is that I think we, fans, recognized it before Mika. :naughty: he only get it was his song at the second line, and his face at that moment was priceless.

He didn,t buzz the girl (which means he didn,t vote for hér) but as 2 other judges did, she will continue the compétition.

He explained her that he loved her version becquse she took his song and made it her own, and that it is a beatifull présent because it is what he lovés (as he already explained in the Ask Anything interview)

Sorry for the mistakes, writing it from my phone in my bed as i suddenly thought about it and was worried to Forget it tomorrow morning

i think when the contestants get proper fans, it will be harder to get tickets for this show as well.

The "fan clubs of the contestants" is just some kind of weird anomaly (if not total BS) IMO. There were 75 Mika fans at the Star Academie finale and I don't reckon there were any organized fan clubs there. I think this whole X Factor ticket business is dodgy and I would be very surprised if other TV shows are operating like that. I am subscribed to a company that organizes TV audiences in the UK and they are always offering up tickets to X Factor tapings. They actually use it as a lure to get people to come to new TV shows that no one has heard of or crappy shows no one is interested in. Like if you sign up for the lame show they'll let you in to X Factor.

Sorry for the mistakes, writing it from my phone in my bed as i suddenly thought about it and was worried to Forget it tomorrow morning

Oh I was wondering what was going on with all the random accent aigus and thought maybe your keyboard was broken. :naughty:

The "fan clubs of the contestants" is just some kind of weird anomaly (if not total BS) IMO. There were 75 Mika fans at the Star Academie finale and I don't reckon there were any organized fan clubs there. I think this whole X Factor ticket business is dodgy and I would be very surprised if other TV shows are operating like that. I am subscribed to a company that organizes TV audiences in the UK and they are always offering up tickets to X Factor tapings. They actually use it as a lure to get people to come to new TV shows that no one has heard of or crappy shows no one is interested in. Like if you sign up for the lame show they'll let you in to X Factor.

Oh that's interesting, i didn't realize they did that.

And yes, this Italian XF is very weird to say the least.

i did't mean fans from proper fan clubs but people who watched them on tv & like their voices. The more the participants are known the more tickets will be bought & it will be harder to get in.

If i see my friend who participated in La Voix on line, i'll him if he had tickets reserved for his "fans" or if they were all sold on line. :teehee:

As for Star Academie, when we went into the building where it was recorded, there was a lady at a table & if i remember correctly, she asked us if we were family or fan and for which participant. (at this point though, there was only 2 left) I answered none, we had won tickets with on Mika's competition. But Star Academie is produced by a company who produce & manage artists. They don't own (as far as I know) a television station.

I'm sure Cathouzouf can correct me if i'm wrong :teehee:

Oh that's interesting, i didn't realize they did that.

And yes, this Italian XF is very weird to say the least.

i did't mean fans from proper fan clubs but people who watched them on tv & like their voices. The more the participants are known the more tickets will be bought & it will be harder to get in.

If i see my friend who participated in La Voix on line, i'll him if he had tickets reserved for his "fans" or if they were all sold on line. :teehee:

As for Star Academie, when we went into the building where it was recorded, there was a lady at a table & if i remember correctly, she asked us if we were family or fan and for which participant. (at this point though, there was only 2 left) I answered none, we had won tickets with on Mika's competition. But Star Academie is produced by a company who produce & manage artists. They don't own (as far as I know) a television station.

I'm sure Cathouzouf can correct me if i'm wrong :teehee:

Well... Star Académie system is quite simple... There the tickets that are for families/supporters of the contestants, tickets given to celebrities because they want a nice house full of local people, the tickets they sell (about 70-90$ if I remember correctly) and the crazy fans, like us, who are there to put some energy when/if needed... All of that, in a TV studio that seats 500 people. The Voice is run by the same production and filmed at the same studio so I'm pretty sure it is working about the same. You can currently buy tickets for the blind auditions...

You also know that the woman behind the production company is the wife of the man who owns the station where the show is aired:wink2:

Well... Star Académie system is quite simple... There the tickets that are for families/supporters of the contestants, tickets given to celebrities because they want a nice house full of local people, the tickets they sell (about 70-90$ if I remember correctly) and the crazy fans, like us, who are there to put some energy when/if needed... All of that, in a TV studio that seats 500 people. The Voice is run by the same production and filmed at the same studio so I'm pretty sure it is working about the same. You can currently buy tickets for the blind auditions...

You also know that the woman behind the production company is the wife of the man who owns the station where the show is aired:wink2:

oh yes! i remember :doh: how could i forget :aah:

Article from a French local newspaper (the one for the region of Paris), with one new pic:

http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/mika-dynamite-the-voice-06-11-2013-3291609.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll try to translate it when I have time (but not sure I'll be able to do it before Friday, so if anyone wants to do it before ... :fisch:)

Article from a French local newspaper (the one for the region of Paris), with one new pic:

http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/mika-dynamite-the-voice-06-11-2013-3291609.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll try to translate it when I have time (but not sure I'll be able to do it before Friday, so if anyone wants to do it before ... :fisch:)

Thanks,Melanie,for your report! :flowers2: I really enjoyed to get some inside info,since we'll have to wait til the next year to see it on TV. Yes,that was the same outfit as from the XF show,the Moschino suit :thumb_yello: