MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Who are they? :blink:

Garou is from Quebec (Canada) a town called Sherbrooke, about 100 km from Montreal.

That's where i went to college :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe Mika will be fluent in Quebec french when he's done

Mika & Garou can also have a dimple competition :teehee:

Edited by guylainem123

Let me know when there are extracts available:thumb_yello:

You can listen on youtube the episodes from the last season of The Voice. I think he's still speaking with a Quebec accent, but easier to understand for people in France.

[YOUTUBE]7pTfz5VW1EA[/YOUTUBE]

OMG in the first episode they are singing together, I can't wait to see the first episode of The Voice with Mika !! :wub2:

Edited by Alie

You can listen on youtube the episodes from the last season of The Voice. I think he's still speaking with a Quebec accent, but easier to understand for people in France.

[YOUTUBE]7pTfz5VW1EA[/YOUTUBE]

OMG in the first episode they are singing together, I can't wait to see the first episode of The Voice with Mika !! :wub2:

I just did and am quite impressed he kept his natural accent and not some denatured French one :thumb_yello:

I just did and am quite impressed he kept his natural accent and not some denatured French one :thumb_yello:

I would think it would be pretty difficult not to keep his accent, for the most part. I mean I didn't speak with a British accent when I lived in the UK even if it altered my speech a little bit. I have noticed Bryan Adams' accent has changed since he moved to England but it's not like native Brits are going to mistake him for a native or Canadians are going to mistake him for a foreigner.

When do these Voice shows start airing? Is it on network television or is it going to be difficult to watch outside of France like X Factor Italia?

I would think it would be pretty difficult not to keep his accent, for the most part. I mean I didn't speak with a British accent when I lived in the UK even if it altered my speech a little bit. I have noticed Bryan Adams' accent has changed since he moved to England but it's not like native Brits are going to mistake him for a native or Canadians are going to mistake him for a foreigner.

When do these Voice shows start airing? Is it on network television or is it going to be difficult to watch outside of France like X Factor Italia?

I can give you many examples of Quebec people who totally lost their accent when they cross the pond... Celine Dion, Roch Voisine probably being the most famous...

I can give you many examples of Quebec people who totally lost their accent when they cross the pond... Celine Dion, Roch Voisine probably being the most famous...

Celine Dion sounds 100% Quebecois when she's speaking English, that much I know. :naughty: I haven't thought about Roch Voisine in a hundred years.

I think it's what he speaks :wink2: If you could hear and confirm it

yup! he kept his accent!

but he still doesn't speak like when 2 Quebecers speak together :naughty:

(which is probably a good thing, France would still be scratching its head in the morning :aah:)

Celine? i wouldn't know, i never listen to her when she was there. But she certainly didn't lose her Quebec accent when she speaks english.

Madonna's accent went weird when she crossed the pond. It was actually funny :naughty:

Is this for real, I mean if it's tonight at "The Voice"?

BYQ6siAIQAA8V2B.jpg:large

yes it is :thumb_yello:

I was there, it was so much fun :wub2: No time to write a proper report but I will do it tonight.

Mika was his usual self, that is: natural, jocking, a bit crazy, the audience loved him. :teehee:

If it's like last year, it will be aired from early February on TF1, the biggest French channel. Videos are usually not visible outside France but I'm sure we'll manage one way or another :thumb_yello:

:

I read in this thread there would be another shooting on the 16th but I can't find it when I update the site :crybaby: so maybe there won't be one on the 16th :dunno:

I hope there will be a way to go to the live shows later :blush-anim-cl:

My pumpkin had agreed to drive me ...he has changed a lot for real :shocked:

there has a 16 date, but we can not yet register, you may do so by next week, according to the organizers

I was there yesterday and it was fabulous!!! mika was happy to be there with a lot of joke

céline dion has a very very quebec accent :aah:

So, it was really interesting for me, as it was my first time attending the recording of a TV program.

We managed to be seated all together (we were a small group of Mika fans), perfectly well to see Mika when he was not facing the stage (that is, most of the time). :wub2:

Unfortunately we wasn't allowed to take our phones, so no pictures of the night, but it was so nice to see Mika and to listen to him during more than 5 hours! It felt to me like meeting again a dear old friend :wub2:

Mika was quite stressed before the show started, but after one or 2 songs of the contestants, he was already fine and feeling perfectly at ease :naughty: He was in a very good mood, laughing a lot :teehee:

There is a good chemistry between the 4 coaches (or judges), Mika was talking quite a lot with the others, especially between the takes (?).

Imo, his judgement of the contestants was clever, always honnest but kind (but we already knew that from XF :mf_rosetinted:).

We listened to 21 people if I good remember. During the first part of the show, the contestants were always choosing him :naughty: He had 5 in a very short time (they can have 15 but there are still 4 other shows, that means more than one hundred poeple :aah:), so then I think he decided to "buzz" less, only when he was especially loving the performance. He also tried to help Jenyfer (the woman coach) to convince contestants to come in her team (she hasn't such a great voice than the other 2 judges, so many prefer to go with the others).

There was a part that was so funny: Jenyfer and Florent were "fighting" to convince someone to come in their team, Garou also, so they really talked very long. Then Mika simply said one sentence (can't remember which one exactly, but I hope the other fans will remember), and the girl chosed him :lmfao:

I was exhausted at the end (they had told us the end was at 1AM but it ended at 2:30 :aah:), so I can't remember everything well, but I hope that there will be other reports to complete.

And (last but not least): he can still speak French very well :mf_rosetinted: He has not lost it at all, yeah!!! :thumb_yello:

oh, and if I'm not wrong, he was wearing the blue Mochino suit (? no time to check the name of the fashion designer, sorry) he wore on the second XF live