MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

So, it was really interesting for me, as it was my first time attending the recording of a TV program.

We managed to be seated all together (we were a small group of Mika fans), perfectly well to see Mika when he was not facing the stage (that is, most of the time). :wub2:

Unfortunately we wasn't allowed to take our phones, so no pictures of the night, but it was so nice to see Mika and to listen to him during more than 5 hours! It felt to me like meeting again a dear old friend :wub2:

Mika was quite stressed before the show started, but after one or 2 songs of the contestants, he was already fine and feeling perfectly at ease :naughty: He was in a very good mood, laughing a lot :teehee:

There is a good chemistry between the 4 coaches (or judges), Mika was talking quite a lot with the others, especially between the takes (?).

Imo, his judgement of the contestants was clever, always honnest but kind (but we already knew that from XF :mf_rosetinted:).

We listened to 21 people if I good remember. During the first part of the show, the contestants were always choosing him :naughty: He had 5 in a very short time (they can have 15 but there are still 4 other shows, that means more than one hundred poeple :aah:), so then I think he decided to "buzz" less, only when he was especially loving the performance. He also tried to help Jenyfer (the woman coach) to convince contestants to come in her team (she hasn't such a great voice than the other 2 judges, so many prefer to go with the others).

There was a part that was so funny: Jenyfer and Florent were "fighting" to convince someone to come in their team, Garou also, so they really talked very long. Then Mika simply said one sentence (can't remember which one exactly, but I hope the other fans will remember), and the girl chosed him :lmfao:

I was exhausted at the end (they had told us the end was at 1AM but it ended at 2:30 :aah:), so I can't remember everything well, but I hope that there will be other reports to complete.

And (last but not least): he can still speak French very well :mf_rosetinted: He has not lost it at all, yeah!!! :thumb_yello:

oh, and if I'm not wrong, he was wearing the blue Mochino suit (? no time to check the name of the fashion designer, sorry) he wore on the second XF live

Thanks for the report Melanie :huglove: you know what to do if you want to practise your spanish :fisch: I'm ready to hear you :wink2:

Thanks for the report Melanie :huglove: you know what to do if you want to practise your spanish :fisch: I'm ready to hear you :wink2:

You mean you want a report in Spanish as a practice for me? :aah:

That would be fun to do :teehee:

I was very busy until now, but I'll send you a message very soon about our lessons, thank you! :huglove:

You mean you want a report in Spanish as a practice for me? :aah:

That would be fun to do :teehee:

I was very busy until now, but I'll send you a message very soon about our lessons, thank you! :huglove:

Don't worry dear, take your time :thumb_yello:

Réservations ouvertes pour le 16 et le 18 novembre.

You can now inscribe yourself for the 16 and the 18th of November

Thank you so much Mélanie :huglove::thumb_yello:

I have just asked for two invitations , one for my daughter and one for me :thumb_yello:

I was afraid they would not update the page and I'm sick today so I might have forgotten to check without you :bow::flowers2:

Article from a French local newspaper (the one for the region of Paris), with one new pic:

http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/mika-dynamite-the-voice-06-11-2013-3291609.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll try to translate it when I have time (but not sure I'll be able to do it before Friday, so if anyone wants to do it before ... :fisch:)

I would normally volonteer but I'm so sick and tired I need to sleep if I can :aah:

http://www.leparisien.fr/tv/mika-dynamite-the-voice-06-11-2013-3291609.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

My translation:

"Is it ok?, the seat is in your size? You found the minibar below?" We can count on Nikos for hazing Mika, the new coach of "The Voice" take a place for the first time in the red seat with his name. The season 3 of the "tv-hook" (télé-crochet in French) TF1 will happen to the antenna in early 2014, but it is monday night that the shooting of the blind auditions began in Plaine-Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) in a overexcited atmosphere by the first steps of the US-Lebanese pop star alongside coaches historical of the show, Florent Pagny, Jenifer and Garou.

Bright smile, electric blue suit, the subsitute of Louis Bertignac take place under the standing ovation. And as soon the first shot buzzer, it starts to chambering (joke). "Be careful, if you want to Mika, he can make you sing very weird stuff ", says Garou to the first favorite of the evening, visibly amateur of male rock. "I listen only Aqua (note: Danish dance group forgotten) "retorts Mika, tongue-in-cheek, triggering the hilarity of the other coaches and the public.

His international halo makes a full marks on the candidates

His double-cap seems to succeed to polyglot singer-also on the antenna in Italy, since September 26, of the talent show "X-Factor"-and shows himself perfectly comfortable to argue in the Molière's language his disappointments and enthusiasm. Whether they are imaged ("You have a technical, but you throw it out the window"), or visionary ("I hear a future for you") or comically ambiguous (" I was not really in your privacy "). Keeping a delicious exotic touch when trying to say "Ze Voice" on French or discovers words ("What do you mean bug? ****?").

International halo require, the new coach made a full marks with candidates. Not impressed so far, to judge by the overconfidence displayed in some. "Since when I sing? Refine your issue, "says a girl. "I'm afraid that requires me songs that don't like me," whined another. "I'm so used to the scene," struts about a third before taking ten long minutes to choose his team: "Can I sit? What makes you want to work with me, Florent? And you, Garou? "

While the public sigh, looking at their watches, coaches remain unpertubed. We approach the 2 hours and a large white curtain suspended on the scene: the newness of the season, the "100% blind". A sequence already tested in Netherlands, in Germany and in Poland, in which a talent sings and discusses with the jury, remaining camouflaged. A voice cons tenor rises to interpret the "Ave Maria" by Gounod. Godsend for Florent Pagny ... but the thrill of the evening return to more subversive singing "The Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd song without words sung by a black barefoot diva who sprayed assistance.

Judging by the first evening, where they flew over the competition with insolent times Stromae or Scorpio girls are very fit this year. A wind of change for the competition or who has crowned revealed that boys, Yoann Fréget Stéphan Rizon, Luc Arbogast in Olympia, Louis Delort or Vigon?"

Edited by stelly78

My translation:

"Is it ok?, the seat is in your size? You found the minibar below?" We can count on Nikos for hazing Mika, the new coach of "The Voice" take a place for the first time in the red seat with his name. The season 3 of the "tv-hook" (télé-crochet in French) TF1 will happen to the antenna in early 2014, but it is monday night that the shooting of the blind auditions began in Plaine-Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) in a overexcited atmosphere by the first steps of the US-Lebanese pop star alongside coaches historical of the show, Florent Pagny, Jenifer and Garou.

Bright smile, electric blue suit, the subsitute of Louis Bertignac take place under the standing ovation. And as soon the first shot buzzer, it starts to chambering (joke). "Be careful, if you want to Mika, he can make you sing very weird stuff ", says Garou to the first favorite of the evening, visibly amateur of male rock. "I listen only Aqua (note: Danish dance group forgotten) "retorts Mika, tongue-in-cheek, triggering the hilarity of the other coaches and the public.

His international halo makes a full marks on the candidates

His double-cap seems to succeed to polyglot singer-also on the antenna in Italy, since September 26, of the talent show "X-Factor"-and shows himself perfectly comfortable to argue in the Molière's language his disappointments and enthusiasm. Whether they are imaged ("You have a technical, but you throw it out the window"), or visionary ("I hear a future for you") or comically ambiguous (" I was not really in your privacy "). Keeping a delicious exotic touch when trying to say "Ze Voice" on French or discovers words ("What do you mean bug? ****?").

International halo require, the new coach made a full marks with candidates. Not impressed so far, to judge by the overconfidence displayed in some. "Since when I sing? Refine your issue, "says a girl. "I'm afraid that requires me songs that don't like me," whined another. "I'm so used to the scene," struts about a third before taking ten long minutes to choose his team: "Can I sit? What makes you want to work with me, Florent? And you, Garou? "

While the public sigh, looking at their watches, coaches remain unpertubed. We approach the 2 hours and a large white curtain suspended on the scene: the newness of the season, the "100% blind". A sequence already tested in Netherlands, in Germany and in Poland, in which a talent sings and discusses with the jury, remaining camouflaged. A voice cons tenor rises to interpret the "Ave Maria" by Gounod. Godsend for Florent Pagny ... but the thrill of the evening return to more subversive singing "The Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd song without words sung by a black barefoot diva who sprayed assistance.

Judging by the first evening, where they flew over the competition with insolent times Stromae or Scorpio girls are very fit this year. A wind of change for the competition or who has crowned revealed that boys, Yoann Fréget Stéphan Rizon, Luc Arbogast in Olympia, Louis Delort or Vigon?"

Thank you Stelly :thumb_yello:

Yesterday evening was the second recording of The Voice auditions, and I was there, with other French fans and Nina (a bit more fans than last time, but not more than 20 I think).

Like Monday, we had to be there at 6PM. We managed to sit at the same place than last time (a whole row for Mika fans) so we had a really good view on Mika - and it was also easier for him to find us :naughty:

Most important thing of the evening: they sang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Mika sang, a real song :wub2:

They made all together (I mean, the 4 coaches) a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" of Queen :teehee:

It was a surprise for all of us (maybe for them too, as they were not so prepared for it :naughty:), can you imagine how excited we were? :wub2:

We could listen to them sing the song 2 times :wub2:, as Jenyfer (one of the coach) made a mistake during the song and was laughing. Thank you Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted: It was a real pleasure to listen to them! And Mika was dancing :wink2:

I found him generally less focused than last time, maybe because he had chosen so many contestants at the first audition that he couldn't "buzz" so many of them this time (I think he only pushed the button for 3 or 4 contestants, on 24). Or maybe simply because he was really tired.

Actually he was not sleepy at all, he was jocking ALL THE TIME!!! :aah: I loved that :teehee:

And he had really much fun with the other coach, Garou, who, I think, is as crazy as Mika :naughty:

ok, now fangirling time :mf_rosetinted:

He found us from the beginning and waved to us, then after a break he came back with candies and throwed them to our direction. I personly found that he had more interractions with us (fans) than last time. He was even counting us at a time :teehee: Fans gave him a T-shirt, that he used to fight against Garou and Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted:

Then at the end, before leaving he turned back and waved at us :wub2:

And... it was f.cking raining outside when we left at 3AM, so most of the people left quickly. We stayed only around 10 people waiting for the van to leave. It came after 45 minutes or more, we were almost sure that he wouldn't stop because of the rain and late (but of course we wanted to see the van leave, "just in case" :naughty:) AND HE STOPPED the car!!!!! :fangurl:

He opened the door of the van and talked to us 5 minutes. Said among other things that it was "rassurant", reassuring (need the confirmation of a French fan for the exact word he used) to see us when he was on The Voice stage. Also that the day after would be his day off and that he was looking forward to spend it in Paris. And, first, that we were crazy for waiting for him so long under the rain :teehee:

So, it was such a nice evening for me, even better than last time. Going to The Voice feels for me as if going to spend a lovely funny evening with a friend (6 hours long!) and I love it :wub2:

Sorry for this long report, but I'm really in a fangirling mood now :blush-anim-cl:

Yesterday evening was the second recording of The Voice auditions, and I was there, with other French fans and Nina (a bit more fans than last time, but not more than 20 I think).

Like Monday, we had to be there at 6PM. We managed to sit at the same place than last time (a whole row for Mika fans) so we had a really good view on Mika - and it was also easier for him to find us :naughty:

Most important thing of the evening: they sang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Mika sang, a real song :wub2:

They made all together (I mean, the 4 coaches) a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" of Queen :teehee:

It was a surprise for all of us (maybe for them too, as they were not so prepared for it :naughty:), can you imagine how excited we were? :wub2:

We could listen to them sing the song 2 times :wub2:, as Jenyfer (one of the coach) made a mistake during the song and was laughing. Thank you Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted: It was a real pleasure to listen to them! And Mika was dancing :wink2:

I found him generally less focused than last time, maybe because he had chosen so many contestants at the first audition that he couldn't "buzz" so many of them this time (I think he only pushed the button for 3 or 4 contestants, on 24). Or maybe simply because he was really tired.

Actually he was not sleepy at all, he was jocking ALL THE TIME!!! :aah: I loved that :teehee:

And he had really much fun with the other coach, Garou, who, I think, is as crazy as Mika :naughty:

He found us from the beginning and waved to us, then after a break he came back with candies and throwed them to our direction. I personly found that he had more interractions with us (fans) than last time. He was even counting us at a time :teehee: Fans gave him a T-shirt, that he used to fight against Garou and Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted:

And... it was f.cking raining outside when we left at 3AM, so most of the people left quickly. We stayed only around 10 people waiting for the van to leave. It came after 45 minutes or more, we were almost sure that he wouldn't stop because of the rain and late (but of course we wanted to see the van leave, "just in case" :naughty:) AND HE STOPPED the car!!!!! :fangurl:

He opened the door of the van and talked to us 5 minutes. Said among other things that it was "rassurant", reassuring (need the confirmation of a French fan for the exact word he used) to see us when he was on The Voice stage. Also that the day after would be his day off and that he was looking forward to spend it in Paris. And, first, that we were crazy for waiting for him so long under the rain :teehee:

So, it was such a nice evening for me, even better than last time. Going to The Voice feels for me as if going to spend a lovely funny evening with a friend (6 hours long!) and I love it :wub2:

Sorry for this long report, but I'm really in a fangirling mood now :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you and don't be sorry for the long report, I'm sure I'm not alone craving details!

Are you going again for the other auditions?

So, it was such a nice evening for me, even better than last time. Going to The Voice feels for me as if going to spend a lovely funny evening with a friend (6 hours long!) and I love it

Thank you so much for you Report, I really love reading them :huglove:. It´s so nice you share your experiences with us.

Thanks,Melanie! :thumb_yello: You know that it never can be a too long report for us :wub2: And please,take your time to remember every detail,you know you forgot something last time :naughty:

:naughty: I'm trying to remember everything.

One contestant was really touching: he played a very energetic song (can't remember which one, help, someone!) with guitar, I loved him. The coaches were also almost dancing on their chairs, but no one buzzed him.

Then they commented about his performance, and Mika said something like that "We are listening to so many contestants, sometimes we get too demanding and we forget that it can be a challenge to come to this level. I regret not having buzzed you, especially now that I see that you played like that with only one hand" (*Melanie discovering that the guy had actually only one hand, not having seen that before*) "your voice is great, but we hear so many wonderfull voices here, that we can't chose you. My own voice is not the best, I know that there are many other people who can sing much better than me. When I'm doing a cover it's always very difficult for me, very challenging. So what I did, is create my own world, my own music, so I can sing my own music. I advise you to do that, especially that you must have so many experiences to talk about. Start to write your own songs."

The guy was very touched, he cried a bit, and I saw on Twitter today that he twetted to Mika to thank him.

On the French forum "MikaFrance", they made a thread about the funny things that Mika says (either jokes or cute language mistakes). There is a part about what he said at The Voice:

http://www.mikafrance.com/forum/mikadi-d-t1202-1060.html#449033

Quotes from MikaFrance:

Je n’écoute qu’Aqua

T’as une technique, mais tu la jettes par la fenêtre

J’entends un futur pour toi

Je n’étais pas vraiment dans ton intimité

là il nous faudra la vidéo pour comprendre il s’essaie à prononcer « Ze Voice » à la française

Ça veut dire quoi punaise ? Putain?

« Je suis un con. »

« Je suis pas petit je suis grand. » Mika n'a pas l'air d'apprécier de se faire appeler le "PETIT nouveau".

« Et mais c'est mon tour !!» (A Garou qui lui pique la parole)

Mika, Garou et Jenifer sont debour l'un devant l'autre pour comparer leur taille respective. Nikos :"C'est pas la taille qui compte." Mika a Nikos : « Qu'est ce que t'en sais ? »

« Et mais pourquoi toi tu dis punaise et moi j'ai pas le droit de dire des gros mots ? »

« Et mais ton accent il est plus prononcé là ». (A Garou qui cherche à séduire une jeune acadienne pour aller dans son équipe)

« Mais j'suis pas un danger moi ». (Quand Jenifer dit à une candidate qu'elle devrait se méfier de trois hommes qui la veulent dans leur équipe)

He also said that women are singing with their sex, and men with their ass :aah:

On the French forum "MikaFrance", they made a thread about the funny things that Mika says (either jokes or cute language mistakes). There is a part about what he said at The Voice:

http://www.mikafrance.com/forum/mikadi-d-t1202-1060.html#449033

Quotes from MikaFrance:

Je n’écoute qu’Aqua

T’as une technique, mais tu la jettes par la fenêtre

J’entends un futur pour toi

Je n’étais pas vraiment dans ton intimité

là il nous faudra la vidéo pour comprendre il s’essaie à prononcer « Ze Voice » à la française

Ça veut dire quoi punaise ? Putain?

« Je suis un con. »

« Je suis pas petit je suis grand. » Mika n'a pas l'air d'apprécier de se faire appeler le "PETIT nouveau".

« Et mais c'est mon tour !!» (A Garou qui lui pique la parole)

Mika, Garou et Jenifer sont debour l'un devant l'autre pour comparer leur taille respective. Nikos :"C'est pas la taille qui compte." Mika a Nikos : « Qu'est ce que t'en sais ? »

« Et mais pourquoi toi tu dis punaise et moi j'ai pas le droit de dire des gros mots ? »

« Et mais ton accent il est plus prononcé là ». (A Garou qui cherche à séduire une jeune acadienne pour aller dans son équipe)

« Mais j'suis pas un danger moi ». (Quand Jenifer dit à une candidate qu'elle devrait se méfier de trois hommes qui la veulent dans leur équipe)

He also said that women are singing with their sex, and men with their ass :aah:

I'm loving all the news. It's so great! Thank you to those who wrote reports.

Interview of Florent Pagny, one of the coach

http://www.programme-television.org/news-tv/florent-pagny-mika-c-est-un-malin-2005

Florent Pagny : "Mika ? C'est un malin !"

Nous avons rencontré le chanteur à l'occasion de la sortie de son nouvel album, "Vieillir avec toi" (Capitol). L'occasion pour lui de nous en dire plus sur la saison 3 de "The Voice", et l'arrivée de Mika parmi les coachs...

Vous avez repris les tournages de The Voice lundi dernier… Alors, ces retrouvailles ?

Ca se passe super bien ! Un vrai plaisir de revenir, comme les années précédentes !

Et Mika, le petit nouveau, il est comment ?

Le petit nouveau, il fait 2 mètres ! (il rit) C'est un grand nouveau. Franchement, il est super ! Sympa, malin… Il argumente bien, on voit qu'il aime ça et c'est un pro. Il parle super bien Français, fait très peu de fautes, et quand ça arrive, c'est tellement mignon qu'on ne le reprend pas.

De quel autre coach se rapproche-t-il le plus ?

Vous verrez qu'il va bien sur le terrain de Garou, dans la façon qu'il a d'argumenter pour récupérer les talents. Et sur celui de Jen. Il démarre très fort ! Les talents allaient tous dans son équipe le premier jour ! Certes, c'est le nouveau de la bande, mais il a un registre très large. Les talents ont tous envie de chanter en anglais. Mika est anglo-saxon, il a une carrière internationale et donc il n'est pas vu comme un coach "commun". Mais il va bien devoir s'arrêter à un moment puisqu'il a droit au même nombre de talents que nous !

Et il fait le show, debout sur son fauteuil !

Il fait le show depuis qu'il a 10 ans. Il aime ça !

Une petite pensée pour Louis Bertignac on imagine…

Forcément ! Mais je crois qu'il prépare un album et une tournée, donc il a besoin de temps. Et on va le retrouver dans The Voice Kids, que moi je n'ai pas fait.

L'année dernière, vous disiez "jamais deux sans trois". Et après ? Déjà partant pour une saison 4 ?

J'espère faire cette saison avec plaisir et que tout se passera bien jusqu'au bout. On verra à la fin, dans quel état d'esprit je serai. Je me laisse porter. A mon âge (il vient d'avoir 52 ans, ndlr), trop se projeter, c'est compliqué ! (il rit)

:naughty: I'm trying to remember everything.

One contestant was really touching: he played a very energetic song (can't remember which one, help, someone!) with guitar, I loved him. The coaches were also almost dancing on their chairs, but no one buzzed him.

Then they commented about his performance, and Mika said something like that "We are listening to so many contestants, sometimes we get too demanding and we forget that it can be a challenge to come to this level. I regret not having buzzed you, especially now that I see that you played like that with only one hand" (*Melanie discovering that the guy had actually only one hand, not having seen that before*) "your voice is great, but we hear so many wonderfull voices here, that we can't chose you. My own voice is not the best, I know that there are many other people who can sing much better than me. When I'm doing a cover it's always very difficult for me, very challenging. So what I did, is create my own world, my own music, so I can sing my own music. I advise you to do that, especially that you must have so many experiences to talk about. Start to write your own songs."

The guy was very touched, he cried a bit, and I saw on Twitter today that he twetted to Mika to thank him.

Thanks for your explanation! :thumb_yello: I've seen your retweet of this guy,and didn't understand why he is thanking to Mika,and why he cried.

Interesting theory,but he must know better,he's a singer :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks again for everything,it's great that his fans can get in and take part at the show :thumb_yello: