MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I think it's especially important to realize that not all citizens of a country support some of the laws or military strategy or cultural problems. Even in a democratic country like the US this is the case.

Yes, absolutely. I often feel frustrated when I read non-Americans criticizing this country's policies, making sweeping generalizations about Americans, as we if all feel the same about about every issue and we all voted for the same laws/lawmakers. It's obviously never that simple, but I don't always have the time to jump into a conversation when it's a fast-moving thread... and many times it's off-topic for the thread anyway, so I just let it go. :dunno: As a rule, I think those sorts of generalizations are bad, and are what leads to so many misunderstandings.

I'm not saying we need to make every thread a heavy-duty geopolitical lesson -- we are still a fan forum, after all :naughty: And we certainly DON'T want to end up bickering over politics! (We can find enough other things to bicker over :teehee: ) But I don't think general discussions about some of these things from time to time is such a bad idea. And with Mika's fan base such a diverse, international one, it's a good thing if we get to know each other a little better. :thumb_yello:

Mika already has at least one new fan with a help of this show! One Russian girl who lives in France decided to find information about new judge and now she is in Russian fans community and a huge fan :thumb_yello: She heard Elle Me Dit before but she wasn't very interested with an artist, only The Voice insited her to search :) So this show is not that useless :fisch:

Edited by Mousetrap

Yes, absolutely. I often feel frustrated when I read non-Americans criticizing this country's policies, making sweeping generalizations about Americans, as we if all feel the same about about every issue and we all voted for the same laws/lawmakers. It's obviously never that simple, but I don't always have the time to jump into a conversation when it's a fast-moving thread... and many times it's off-topic for the thread anyway, so I just let it go. :dunno: As a rule, I think those sorts of generalizations are bad, and are what leads to so many misunderstandings.

I'm not saying we need to make every thread a heavy-duty geopolitical lesson -- we are still a fan forum, after all :naughty: And we certainly DON'T want to end up bickering over politics! (We can find enough other things to bicker over :teehee: ) But I don't think general discussions about some of these things from time to time is such a bad idea. And with Mika's fan base such a diverse, international one, it's a good thing if we get to know each other a little better. :thumb_yello:

I warn you - it`ll end up like this, exactly((((. Recall my words when it happens.

I hope , while Mika makes a long pause in his songwriting career, it`s just something to fill in this period of waiting for a next album.

Of course Macboll, I meant a "beard" for Florent Pagny :aah::aah::aah: ( well, a bear could be funny, too :naughty:)

Yes he did some radio and magazine interviews but not a lot comparing to the release of TBWKTM and only for a short period when 'Celebrate' and TOOL were released and then we haven't heard about the album anymore. People are more interested in controversy of course but also in newness. Mika was new in 2007/2008 and most radios have moved on. Mika is considered as a one hit wonder or a has been by many people around me (:sneaky2:) We're lucky "Elle me dit" was a hit in France and old Mika's songs are still played on a regular basis. This Swatch ad is a blessing too to make people (re)discover "Underwater".

I agree with Muriel, promotion was stronger for TBWKTM.

For TOOL, apart from "Elle me dit" we could ear on each radio or see the videoclip on TV before the album was launched, I don't remember there was a lot of promoting (some interviews at the very beginning of the release, that's it)

I thought "Underwater" was not a good single for Mika to become more polular here and I was right, until this Swatch ad appears. The ad is beautiful and magical so that helps.

Exactly like the Armani one with this beautiful Cate Blanchett, people will look after the music because the violin part is marvellous.

I agree, Val -- it's one of the things I enjoy most about MFC. Learning about other people/cultures, I find it fascinating.

Yes, very interesting. I am proud to have so many friends from so many different countries on my FB page :wink2:

:naughty: Oh, those husbands! And obviously, if you record it, I'll be grateful and will probably watch some of it, even if I don't understand French very well, and even though this sort of show is not something I'd normally watch and I wish Mika weren't doing it. But it IS Mika, after all. :wub2:

Well, I am going to register it but on my TV. I don't know how to do that from my computer or send the file from TV to computer...?

On TF1 website (french channel), you can watch the replay, I thought it was working abroad too ?

And it's interesting to me to hear you and Muriel talk about the Swatch ad and the Giorgio Armani ad -- neither of which seem to be shown here in the US. I mean, I don't watch TV every minute of every day, but I do watch some, and I've never seen either ad, even though both products are obviously sold here. :dunno:

Mika is not needed to compose music for ads in your country apparently, that is sad :sneaky2:

Are you sure about it? I think political issues may cause most heated discussions, and MFC is not about policy of Russia, USA or any other countries. :dunno: I`m afraid it will be destructive, not uniting.

I prefer things like The Peace Project, but not talk on politics per se.

Even arguing about the "way Mika should build his career" seems more exciting for me :aah:

Oh yes, I am sure. We don't say we have to judge the politics, but just be informed of what is happening abroad :wink2:

And it is not only about politics (which don't really interest me, even in France)

But on habits and culture :wink2:

Mika already has at least one new fan with a help of this show! One Russian girl who lives in France decided to find information about new judge and now she is in Russian fans community and a huge fan :thumb_yello: She heard Elle Me Dit before but she wasn't very interested with an artist, only The Voice insited her to search :) So this show is not that useless :fisch:

So, one more fan from Russia and a lot of new fans to come thanks to The Voice :thumb_yello:

one should always carefully listen to hairdressers :teehee:

This time I paid more attention :teehee: I heard that filming for the season 2014 in my country starts in October already with several filming days (the parts that will not be broadcasted live). I wonder if they have the same system in France.

I'm already visualize the picture: we all waving our shinny crutches in the air during Happy Ending :wub2: ....and at the m&g,getting his autograph on them :teehee:

Perhaps there will be a competition for the most artistic crutch design. With a special preview of album 4 at a private concert as the prize....

I think the Voice has more credibility than X Factor and am not that surprised to see Mika on it - was very surprised re X Factor which I don't think makes any sense at all. Will we be able to see the French Voice in UK?

I trust people's actions not their words. Especially if they are conflict with one other.

In 2011 Mika told fans to trust him. That he needed to be in hiding to create his album. Now he is saying he can just book some studio time in between these huge commitments and public appearances and produce the same quality work. I don't find it easy to trust someone's word when they are telling you two exact opposite things and asking you to base your trust on nothing but faith. I'll believe it when I see it.

But people change. My guess is after LICM he thought that he had to 'be in hiding', produced TBWKTM, and then realised he needed to be out there working with people and - voila - TOOL. :yay:

I agree that it may be difficult to create quality work between so many public appearances, but I think that we will be able to judge about this quality only when we will hear the result.

For now I choose to trust him (I have easily faith in someone :wink2:), it seems he truly believes that he can do both. And who better than him can know that?

About him telling 2 opposite things, it's not chocking me at all (even if I was not in Mika world in 2011 :teehee: so that's maybe why I don't feel hurt by it): sometimes people are really believing their own words at the time they say it, then life changes and they change themselves. So they will say opposite words one or 2 years after, but still truly believe in it.

They don't intend to lie to someone, they just changed their mind in between!

What I mean is that maybe in 2011 he needed to disappear to get inspired, but now he may need to be in the real life to write, who knows? I think he said something like that in an interview once.

I'm confused - was he hidden away for TOOL? Ignore me, will catch up soon, still on page 12...:doh::sorry:

Sometimes I actually feel bad for him because he deserves so much better :( But he does seem happy nowadays so, hmm... Maybe he does have some big plans for the future to give his career a boost? We'll see I guess.

Maybe he's gone as far as he wants to with his career and its about maintaining it, not conquering the world anymore. That might make sense of the France show, keeping his profile high there. I don't sense he has much ambition in relation to the UK now. Who knows...

Maybe he's gone as far as he wants to with his career and its about maintaining it, not conquering the world anymore. That might make sense of the France show, keeping his profile high there. I don't sense he has much ambition in relation to the UK now. Who knows...

Lately I always have in mind something he said on an interview just before his show at Parc des Princes : 'It is a personal mission for me to have a career in France'. Looks like he has achieved it. I just wish this wasn't the end of his mission..

Lately I always have in mind something he said on an interview just before his show at Parc des Princes : 'It is a personal mission for me to have a career in France'. Looks like he has achieved it. I just wish this wasn't the end of his mission..

No, don`t worry. His mission is songwriting. He once said he`ll never get bored with it.

• 1 month later...

According to Twitter:

it seems that the auditions will be on the 4, 9, 12, 16 and 19 (yes, same day than the Paris Swatch event) of November.

You can inscribe yourself on the link Vanessa gave above, but it's only possible for the 4th at the moment.

According to Twitter:

it seems that the auditions will be on the 4, 9, 12, 16 and 19 (yes, same day than the Paris Swatch event) of November.

You can inscribe yourself on the link Vanessa gave above, but it's only possible for the 4th at the moment.

Thank you for the information, only one date would be possible for me, I hope I'll manage to go :blush-anim-cl:

According to Twitter:

Thanks! Maybe I'll give it a try for the ones that are on a Saturday :thumb_yello: