Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Love that he did that. Absolutely love it.

(Meant to mention earlier, but on this side of the screen, I was dealing with some other stuff that needed immediate attention.)

I so much like to know that he is doing things like he was doing with these children :wub2: I must say that I was slightly annoyed that he wasn't doing (or let's say, that I was not aware that he was doing) things to help others with his fame and / or money, so this is a nice surprise for me :wub2:

And the children look that they had a lot of fun :thumb_yello:

I know :sad: I've said something to them before about it, too. But with nearly 3 million FB fans, obviously some of those are of the "Mika I Love You, You're So Hot, I Want to Have Your Babies, Marry Me, **** Me" variety. I guess they have to acknowledge and appease them somehow, too. :dunno:

Thanks Deb, I was going to ask if someone already tried to talk to them about it.

But I still believe that what they are doing isn't the good thing to do for Mika's career.

You know mikasounds.com is run by Universal, right? His FB page is run by his management team. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks!

Maybe that's what you're experiencing because you have seen so much of what goes on behind the scenes but do you really think the audience at home (which is how 99.9% of his fans see him on these shows) is getting that sense? I think I "know" Mika pretty well (relatively speaking) but all I see on The Voice is him acting cute and pretty. I mean if you are already a fan of The Voice and find these shows inherently interesting I totally understand that. But I don't see what the difference is between what Garou is doing on the show, for example, and what Mika is doing.

I think The Voice was boring once they got past the auditions because Mika was the only one who ever had anything constructive to say and even that was only occasionally. It was just an endless string of superlatives after every performance regardless of how good or lacklustre it was. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or they are just trying to make the Voice a "nice show" and not like some of the Simon Cowell shows but it doesn't really give the coaches much of a role in the live shows at all. I didn't care what any of them had to say because it didn't seem like they were being honest anyway.

I do see a difference between Garou and Mika when they give advices to the contestants: Mika is much more direct :naughty: And he sees, and want to say, the bad sides of what he heard. That's why I like to watch him judging / coaching.

But I agree with you Christine, after the blind audition the show became really boring. I guess that they asked Mika not to talk about what he didn't like, or only with care. We could feel it very clearly "live", I don't know if it was obvious on TV. That was quite funny actually to hear what he had to say when he was not liking what a contestant had just sang: he usually was saying something like "you have a great voice, you have great potential.... " but was doing his best not to talk about the performance itself :naughty:

I think that it's something that was very annoying for him in The Voice.

I can't remember if he was free to tell his negative opinion in XF :dunno:

I so much like to know that he is doing things like he was doing with these children :wub2: I must say that I was slightly annoyed that he wasn't doing (or let's say, that I was not aware that he was doing) things to help others with his fame and / or money, so this is a nice surprise for me :wub2:

And the children look that they had a lot of fun :thumb_yello:

Thanks Deb, I was going to ask if someone already tried to talk to them about it.

But I still believe that what they are doing isn't the good thing to do for Mika's career.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks!

I do see a difference between Garou and Mika when they give advices to the contestants: Mika is much more direct :naughty: And he sees, and want to say, the bad sides of what he heard. That's why I like to watch him judging / coaching.

But I agree with you Christine, after the blind audition the show became really boring. I guess that they asked Mika not to talk about what he didn't like, or only with care. We could feel it very clearly "live", I don't know if it was obvious on TV. That was quite funny actually to hear what he had to say when he was not liking what a contestant had just sang: he usually was saying something like "you have a great voice, you have great potential.... " but was doing his best not to talk about the performance itself :naughty:

I think that it's something that was very annoying for him in The Voice.

I can't remember if he was free to tell his negative opinion in XF :dunno:

I think Mika does a lot of things in private charitywise.

But he did do an appearance back in 2008 (I think) at Christmas for the children at St Ormond Street Hospital, where he was helping give out Christmas presents.

But he did do an appearance back in 2008 (I think) at Christmas for the children at St Ormond Street Hospital, where he was helping give out Christmas presents.

Thank you Rose :huglove: it reassures me :wub2:

From the Facebook page of Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer: "INCROYABLE MIKA ! C’est Mika qui a eu la gentillesse de faire une IMMENSE SURPRISE à nos petits guerriers lors de leur voyage en Camargue.

Il est arrivé pour le pique-nique, s’est installé avec nos guerriers, ayant un mot gentil pour chacun et a joué avec eux toute l’après midi, au cerf-volant, aux devinettes, et a même distribué des bisous à nos quatre princesses radieuses. D’une gentillesse et d’une attention incroyable il a été aussi présent lors de notre mémorable soirée «Flamenco» où tous les enfants (et les docteurs !) déchainés ont dansé et chanté. Mika nous régalé de quelques uns de ses titres les plus connus, accompagné des guitaristes du groupe de flamenco. Noé et Juliette ont chanté avec Mika. Mika a fait danser Alhem qui en a même quitté sa chaise roulante en arborant un sourire qui en disait long. Juliette, Pierre, Shadé, et Eugénie ont dansé un mémorable flamenco avec le Docteur Valteau-Couannet. Une ambiance indescriptible, une émotion à fleur de peau de voir l’énergie de nos guerriers, leur bonheur à l’état brut.

Un immense, IMMENSE MERCI à MIKA et à PETER d’avoir rendu cette journée SI BELLE. Des étoiles resteront à jamais dans les yeux de nos petits guerriers et de tous ceux qui les accompagnaient, heureux de pouvoir partager ce moment de grâce et d'émotion."

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=514361422020456&id=116327291823873

They published some photos too.

Gooogle translate was a bit confusing so would someone please translate? Also does anyone know more about this charity?

Edited by kreacher

From the Facebook page of Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer: "INCROYABLE MIKA ! C’est Mika qui a eu la gentillesse de faire une IMMENSE SURPRISE à nos petits guerriers lors de leur voyage en Camargue.

Il est arrivé pour le pique-nique, s’est installé avec nos guerriers, ayant un mot gentil pour chacun et a joué avec eux toute l’après midi, au cerf-volant, aux devinettes, et a même distribué des bisous à nos quatre princesses radieuses. D’une gentillesse et d’une attention incroyable il a été aussi présent lors de notre mémorable soirée «Flamenco» où tous les enfants (et les docteurs !) déchainés ont dansé et chanté. Mika nous régalé de quelques uns de ses titres les plus connus, accompagné des guitaristes du groupe de flamenco. Noé et Juliette ont chanté avec Mika. Mika a fait danser Alhem qui en a même quitté sa chaise roulante en arborant un sourire qui en disait long. Juliette, Pierre, Shadé, et Eugénie ont dansé un mémorable flamenco avec le Docteur Valteau-Couannet. Une ambiance indescriptible, une émotion à fleur de peau de voir l’énergie de nos guerriers, leur bonheur à l’état brut.

Un immense, IMMENSE MERCI à MIKA et à PETER d’avoir rendu cette journée SI BELLE. Des étoiles resteront à jamais dans les yeux de nos petits guerriers et de tous ceux qui les accompagnaient, heureux de pouvoir partager ce moment de grâce et d'émotion."

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=514361422020456&id=116327291823873

oh those children must have been so happy.

that's a good pop star !!:blush-anim-cl:

didn't he also see children in a hospital in Italy where he gave blood?

I remember a few years ago, we helped a few sick kids see Mika after concerts.

I remember this little guy from France who found comfort in listening to Mika's songs when he was having treatments done. His parents only found out his wish was going to come true when they were waiting to enter the concert. The mom started to cry on the phone when we told her. The little boy had his picture taken with Mika, Mika signed his new shoes and gave him gifts. They spent about 30 minutes with him. His parents sent us a thank you email with photos, which was extremely touching. They were also interviewed by a local newspaper about their son's experience and they mentioned MFC and thanked me... but the newspaper wrote Ghislaine :naughty:

Someone on MSW had seen it in the newspaper and had posted it on their site. They came and told me about it :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, he absolutely does a lot of very kind things that are not necessarily publicized like this. A lot of things come to us here at the MFC that we pass on to his management. I prefer that these things are low-key, actually, rather than shouted out in a self-serving way. :thumb_yello:

oh those children must have been so happy.

that's a good pop star !!:blush-anim-cl:

I remember this little guy from France who found comfort in listening to Mika's songs when he was having treatments done. His parents only found out his wish was going to come true when they were waiting to enter the concert. The mom started to cry on the phone when we told her. The little boy had his picture taken with Mika, Mika signed his new shoes and gave him gifts. They spent about 30 minutes with him. His parents sent us a thank you email with photos, which was extremely touching. They were also interviewed by a local newspaper about their son's experience and they mentioned MFC and thanked me... but the newspaper wrote Ghislaine :naughty:

Someone on MSW had seen it in the newspaper and had posted it on their site. They came and told me about it :blush-anim-cl:

This is the sweetest thing I ever read :blush-anim-cl:

Those pics are making me so tender tonight. Phew. :wub2:

Yeah, he went to that hospital in Italy. It's a university hospital, I spend my life there pretty much :aah: I was there in the campus when he came and also had donated my blood not long before him. You can imagine my reaction when I read about it. Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised but at the same time I was kicking myself :doh:

Edited by Log lady

Gooogle translate was a bit confusing so would someone please translate? Also does anyone know more about this charity?

I don't speak French but this is what I understood:

"INCREDIBLE MIKA! This is Mika who was kind enough to make an IMMENSE SURPRISE to our little warriors during their journey in the Camargue.

He came for the picnic, sat down with our warriors having a kind word for everyone and played with them all afternoon long, with kite, riddles, he even distributed kisses to our four radiant princesses. With his incredible kindness and attention he also attended our memorable “Flamenco” night, where all the children (and the doctors!) danced and sang unrestrainedly.

Mika treated us to some of his most famous songs, accompanied by some guitarists of the flamenco group. Noé and Juliette sang with Mika. Mika made Alhem dance, who even left his wheelchair sporting a smile that said it all. Juliette, Pierre, Shadé and Eugénie danced a memorable flamenco with Doctor Valteau-Couannet. An indescribable atmosphere, it was a thrilling emotion seeing the energy of our warriors, their raw joy.

An immense, IMMENSE THANK YOU to MIKA and PETER for making this day SO BEAUTIFUL. Stars will remain forever in the eyes of our little warriors and everyone who accompanied them, happy to be able to share this moment of grace and emotion."

I found this on their website: "The association « Imagine for Margo » is an no-profit organization (French Law 1901), intended to carry out advocacy and fundraising to help European research on specific, innovative, and more effective treatments for children with Cancer, and to provide support to affected families and contribute to the well being of hospitalized children.

In partnership with the ITCC (Innovative Therapies for Children with Cancer), representing 41 European research institutions on cancer in children and adolescents:Paris: Institut Gustave Roussy, Institut Curie, Hospital Trousseau, Hospital St. LouisProvince: Marseille, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Nantes, Nancy, Lyon, LilleIn Europe: Austria, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Spain

The purpose of the ITCC is to develop and make available therapies for children, in cooperation with regulators, pharmaceutical companies, parents, and patients.

Gathering at European level enriches the research in terms of expertise and allows

the development of clinical trials more quickly."

http://imagineformargo.org/eng/category/about-us/who-are-we/

Edited by Log lady

I must say that I was slightly annoyed that he wasn't doing (or let's say, that I was not aware that he was doing) things to help others with his fame and / or money, so this is a nice surprise for me :wub2:

I wouldn't say I was annoyed by it because I know these things often happen in private but I was actually wondering recently why nothing had surfaced in a long time but I seem to keep hearing about meetings with some not so needy people. :mf_rosetinted:

The beach pics look a bit photo opportunistic (for the charity) but the performance and the dinner looks like he really spent a lot of quality time and must have made some dreams come true. Very sweet.

I do see a difference between Garou and Mika when they give advices to the contestants: Mika is much more direct :naughty:

I would be surprised if they are that dissimilar and maybe Garou just learned to keep his mouth shut years ago. Like I said I don't know if that is a cultural thing or a deliberate effort from the producers to make the show "above" negative commentary but I can't imagine them discouraging that here or in the UK. I only saw one episode of The Voice UK but Jessie J was having a go at Will.I.Am telling him how crap one of his singer's performances was and that it was Will's fault for making such a bad song choice. They got into an argument and she was also pretty abrupt and brutally honest with Tom Jones.

I remember this :hug:

Yes, he absolutely does a lot of very kind things that are not necessarily publicized like this. A lot of things come to us here at the MFC that we pass on to his management. I prefer that these things are low-key, actually, rather than shouted out in a self-serving way. :thumb_yello:

+1 :thumb_yello: Kids love Mika.

Very sweet of him to spend time with these kids :wub2: Must have been a touching experience.

I've always thought he does private charity in some form, I know he is a kind and thoughtful person. I understand there are photos of this particular event but I also prefer it's generally done privately because it's about helping others, not getting good publicity for oneself :wink2:

Very sweet of him to spend time with these kids :wub2: Must have been a touching experience.

I've always thought he does private charity in some form, I know he is a kind and thoughtful person. I understand there are photos of this particular event but I also prefer it's generally done privately because it's about helping others, not getting good publicity for oneself :wink2:

Exactly!

Just saw some of the pictures and they are lovely :) I don't agree with them being largely publicized but have to say that they warm my heart ! I have no doubt he probably does lots of things for charity and it must have been so nice for this children. Amazing thing to do for such incredible children

Its so amazing to see him being so gentle and warm with the children, you can tell that he is not just awkwardly there or posing to get the pictures, but that he is really getting involved.

I love the picture of all of them sitting in a circle on the beach, and the one when he is dancing with this little girl.:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you everybody for telling me about his private acts of charity :huglove:

Well, I was thinking that he may have been doing things, as we all know how kind he is (and Joannie too :wub2:), but I was never 100% sure... until now :wub2: Actually I could have asked about it here on MFC before, but I don't know why I didn't :doh: Anyway, it's nice for me to have a "proof" now :naughty:

I love that :wub2:

Totally agree with you, now that I know for sure that he is doing things, that's enough for me, I don't need any more pictures or public informations about it :blush-anim-cl: Except of course when it helps the charity, like it is obviously doing with Imagine for Margot.

But I don't like either when stars are making charity only for their public image, and I'm glad that we never had this problem with Mika :wink2:

Proud to be his fan, more today than yesterday, and less than tomorrow (hopefully :wink2:) (actually hope that this sentence makes sense in English, it does in French :teehee:)

And proud of MFC :wub2: you are amazing :huglove:

Thanks,Laura,I've missed some of those tweets :thumb_yello:

You're very welcome, Chris! :wink2: Glad my posting them was useful then.

Thanks for posting. Nice way to spend the weekend indeed... :original:

The beach pics look a bit photo opportunistic (for the charity) but the performance and the dinner looks like he really spent a lot of quality time and must have made some dreams come true. Very sweet.

My thoughts exactly.

Lovely man :wub2:

I wish I could hug all those petits guerriers :group_hug:

From mikainstagram:

mikainstagram

13 hours ago

Peter Lindbergh after a shoot. A truly remarkable man.

10358432_1457383264500766_1313207604_n.jpg

:blink: I wonder what kind of shoot for MIKA !? This is the German fashion photographer of supermodels - and filmmaker - right ?!:wink2:

Love,love

me

:blink: I wonder what kind of shoot for MIKA !? This is the German fashion photographer of supermodels - and filmmaker - right ?!:wink2:

Love,love

me

It's about the shoot with those kids,this is the photographer:

BpHtBn0CUAIfT1u.jpg:large

It's about the shoot with those kids,this is the photographer:

BpHtBn0CUAIfT1u.jpg:large

:blush-anim-cl: Aha - good, that was really lovely done - hope those kids got a day to remember :thumb_yello: - and Peter seems to like MIKA as well ... :wub2:

Love,love

me