mari62

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a brief summary : :thumb_yello:

Daria after a few jokes about Italy and its love for him, gives him a platinum record for his album . And then he announces the surprise of Dario Fo.

Dario is a real column of italian culture, loved an respected, but now is an old man , although he still plays in the theatre, and the way in which Mika has offered his arm and accompanied him to the chair, was really tender .

Daria tells Mika that when she called Fo to invite him, and to tell him that there was a foreign singer named Mika who wanted to meet him , Fo not only said that he knew Mika very well, but also that he was a real fan of him . Mika can't believe it , but Fo makes him a lot of compliments (you're so intelligent, i think you have two brains!) and asks him to sing The Origin of Love . Mika is so happy. They sing , and Fo, who does not know the words , sings in his famous " Gramelot " , a tool that combines different sounds, onomatopoeia, words with no precise meaning inside a speech or a song. What results is a highly expressive and hyperbolic acting, a sort of musical expression , able to communicate emotions, colours and ideas . It was used by jugglers , actors, comedians and touring companies of art in the Middle Age.

Daria comments that the Gramelot of Dario is very similar to the language of Mika, joining together words from different languages that he speaks. She says that the two artist are so similar in many ways and shows old videos of Dario comparing them with those of Mika . Fo agrees, saying that the madness joins them , and also the fact of coming out of tha banal sense of thinking and acting. He says that also Leonardo and Michelangelo were considered crazy and that they gave a little annoyance to the powerful people of that time, as it happened to him so many times in the past and also in the present. Fo delivery Mika his drawings that represent one of his famous song , I saw a king , to help him to sing and understand the text , since he can not ' read music. So Mika starts to sing, and amazingly he can sing a so difficult song , not written in italian but in the dialect spoken in Milan. He really enchants the audience that does not stop of clapping.

Those two men were so excited and happy to be together. A beautiful moment for me.

Edited by Marta.

Daria after a few jokes about Italy and its love for him, gives him a platinum record for his album . And then he announces the surprise of Dario Fo.

Dario is a real column of italian culture, loved an respected, but now is an old man , although he still plays in the theatre, and the way in which Mika has offered his arm and accompanied him to the chair, was really tender .

Daria tells Mika that when she called Fo to invite him, and to tell him that there was a foreign singer named Mika who wanted to meet him , Fo not only said that he knew Mika very well, but also that he was a real fan of him . Mika can't believe it , but Fo makes him a lot of compliments (you're so intelligent, i think you have two brains!) and asks him to sing The Origin of Love . Mika is so happy. They sing , and Fo, who does not know the words , sings in his famous " Gramelot " , a tool that combines different sounds, onomatopoeia, words with no precise meaning inside a speech or a song. What results is a highly expressive and hyperbolic acting, a sort of musical expression , able to communicate emotions, colours and ideas . It was used by jugglers , actors, comedians and touring companies of art in the Middle Age.

Daria comments that the Gramelot Dario is very similar to the language of Mika , joining together words from different languages that he speaks. She says that the two artist are so similar in many ways and shows old videos of Dario comparing them with those of Mika . Fo agrees, saying that the madness joins them , and also the fact of coming out of tha banal sense of thinking and acting. He says that also Leonardo and Michelangelo were considered crazy and that they gave a little annoyance to the powerful people of that time, as it happened to him so many times in the past and also in the present. Fo delivery Mika his drawings that represent one of his famous song , I saw a king , to help him to sing and understand the text , since he can not ' read music. So Mika starts to sing, and amazingly he can sing a so difficult song , not written in italian but in the dialect spoken in Milan. He really enchants the audience that does not stop of clapping.

Those two men were so excited and happy to be together. A beautiful moment for me.

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille !!:huglove: I saw it, and even I don't understand your language - the atmosphere was MAGIC - and it was indeed a special moment - MIKA will never, ever forget this night !! :wub2: The Italiens really know how to appreciate our "golden boy" - OMG - I do understand why he loves Italy... :wub2:

Love,love

me

Daria comments that the Gramelot Dario is very similar to the language of Mika , joining together words from different languages that he speaks. She says that the two artist are so similar in many ways and shows old videos of Dario comparing them with those of Mika . Fo agrees, saying that the madness joins them , and also the fact of coming out of tha banal sense of thinking and acting. He says that also Leonardo and Michelangelo were considered crazy and that they gave a little annoyance to the powerful people of that time, as it happened to him so many times in the past and also in the present. Fo delivery Mika his drawings that represent one of his famous song , I saw a king , to help him to sing and understand the text , since he can not ' read music. So Mika starts to sing, and amazingly he can sing a so difficult song , not written in italian but in the dialect spoken in Milan. He really enchants the audience that does not stop of clapping.

Thanks for explaining! :flowers2: Such special situation, he looked so happy. And the look in Mika's eyes and them two walking together, so tender as you said :wub2: I'm so proud of him and his knowledge and intelligence, every time I think we have seen it all something new happens.

Daria comments that the Gramelot of Dario is very similar to the language of Mika, joining together words from different languages that he speaks. She says that the two artist are so similar in many ways and shows old videos of Dario comparing them with those of Mika . Fo agrees, saying that the madness joins them , and also the fact of coming out of tha banal sense of thinking and acting. He says that also Leonardo and Michelangelo were considered crazy and that they gave a little annoyance to the powerful people of that time, as it happened to him so many times in the past and also in the present. Fo delivery Mika his drawings that represent one of his famous song , I saw a king , to help him to sing and understand the text , since he can not ' read music. So Mika starts to sing, and amazingly he can sing a so difficult song , not written in italian but in the dialect spoken in Milan. He really enchants the audience that does not stop of clapping.

Thank you very much :huglove:

Do you think you could do a summary of the other parts too? I think I missed many things, but it was so interesting that I would love to understand the most I can of it :wub2:

Briefly: a very long and interesting interview . :thumb_yello:

They started talking again about Dario Fo and about how Mika loves him , because symbol of anarchy and absolute freedom, and how Mika discovered him and why he studied his work so long. Then they talked about XF and his experience: he said he'd like to do again XF next year.

And then he talked about his childhood, his family and his mother , who Daria has tried to get on stage but she did not want to . In particular he spoke of his parents, who love each other even after so long and so many problems , about his school problems, about a terrible teacher who traumatized him as a child, about the importance of the personal identity and of music in his life, and finally about love.

About the fact that love can be considered a sort of positive drug , about how love changes over time and how important it is in his life along with sex, and also he talked about his boyfriend , how much he still loves him after 7 years, and about the way he likes talking about love and sex in his songs .

At the end Mika told Daria that she was very dangerous , because she has been able to make him talking about many intimate things , which usually does not speak.

He has shown himself in the deep. Lovely. :huglove:

Edited by Marta.

Mika told Daria to be very dangerous , because she has been able to make him talking about many intimate things , which usually does not speak.

They started talking about Dario Fo and what about how Mika loves him , because symbol of anarchy and absolute freedom, and how Mika discovered him and why he studied his work so long.

And then he talked about his childhood , his mother , who Daria has tried to get on stage but she did not want to . Then he spoke of his parents, who love each other even after so long and so many problems , about his school problems, about a terrible teacher who traumatized him as a child, about the importance of music in his life, and finally about love.

About the fact that love can be considered a sort of positive drug , about how love changes over time and how important it is in his life along with the sex, about his boyfriend , how much he still loves him after 7 years, and about the way he likes talking about love and sex in his songs .

It also said he'd like to do again XF next year.

Can't wait to go home and watch :teehee:

As I was saying on twitter, what really was special about his meeting with Dario Fo to me was the fact that there is absolutely no need to know anything about both Mika and Dario Fo, one can ignore who their are, the value of Fo's work, can even think he's just a funny old man, but one can't ignore the fact that these two people have something in their eyes- call it intelligence, art, youth, whatever- it's a spark that very few people have, and for me that spark is what truly establishes a link between these two, both as persons and as artists.

As I was saying on twitter, what really was special about his meeting with Dario Fo to me was the fact that there is absolutely no need to know anything about both Mika and Dario Fo, one can ignore who their are, the value of Fo's work, can even think he's just a funny old man, but one can't ignore the fact that these two people have something in their eyes- call it intelligence, art, youth, whatever- it's a spark that very few people have, and for me that spark is what truly establishes a link between these two, both as persons and as artists.

Totally agree with you, and have no doubts that it really was one of the most special ever moments for him to meet someone like DF. So touching to watch it :wub2:

Can't wait to read more comments and translations! Thanks for the explanations so far!

As Teresa is saying, their eyes talked for themselves: they were sparkling of

madness, intelligence and sensitivity . The old man who see himself in the young man.

I think that Mika this evening has shown himself as a real artist. Visionary and creative. As an artist of very high-level. Impressive. :mf_rosetinted:

They started talking again about Dario Fo and about how Mika loves him , because symbol of anarchy and absolute freedom, and how Mika discovered him and why he studied his work so long. Then they talked about XF and his experience: he said he'd like to do again XF next year.

And then he talked about his childhood, his family and his mother , who Daria has tried to get on stage but she did not want to . In particular he spoke of his parents, who love each other even after so long and so many problems , about his school problems, about a terrible teacher who traumatized him as a child, about the importance of the personal identity and of music in his life, and finally about love.

About the fact that love can be considered a sort of positive drug , about how love changes over time and how important it is in his life along with sex, and also he talked about his boyfriend , how much he still loves him after 7 years, and about the way he likes talking about love and sex in his songs .

At the end Mika told Daria that she was very dangerous , because she has been able to make him talking about many intimate things , which usually does not speak.

This disappoints me, because it means there won't be an extensive tour for the next album, and that means meant fans will miss out AGAIN!

And I am talking about the Australians, New Zealanders, South African, Mexican and possibly the South Americans too.

There just won't be time to do it.

This disappoints me, because it means there won't be an extensive tour for the next album]

If it's true I daresay there won't be an album at all. :naughty:

Sounds like a fantastic show. Thanks for the translation Marta. I hope I can watch it tomorrow.

I am glad the Songbook is selling so well. Mika must have had an amazing night.

Fangirling moment: omg!

That was so special that I can't sleep now. But I can't report right now, mobile is running out of charge .

So I'll try to get some sleep (3am here) then I'll tell you everything tomorrow.

I'm amazed. And I love the whole world right now. I suppose I'm high.