Mika's 4th album will be 100% French

Nia-MikaHolic

Virgin Radio On Twitter: .@mikasounds travaille actuellement sur un album 100% français : http://bit.ly/1dS9vdK #VirginRadioActu pic.twitter.com/34yUwn4FDd

". @ mikasounds currently working on an album 100% French" :shocked:

What you think about that? I want many English song and few French,but I hope there will be English songs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for me it would be no drama. also it is more difficult to understand the lyrics:fisch: but both languages are foreign for me and I will try to learn and practise them. It seems, I will have much chances:naughty::naughty:

Well, for me it would be no drama. also it is more difficult to understand the lyrics:fisch: but both languages are foreign for me and I will try to learn and practise them. It seems, I will have much chances:naughty::naughty:

:thumb_yello: The same for me - no drama at all - I take what I get :teehee:

It's of course easier with English, but the French language is lovely, I do love when MIKA speaks it, and omg - the songs we've already heard/got, they're sooo beautiful - especially "Karen", imo ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I would prefer a whole album in english and I'm sure he'll do it, if there're some french songs they will be in the french version for sure as he did with TOOL but if he also writes an album 100% in french, I'll buy it because I love his french songs, his music and his voice :wub2:

If this is true for a 4th album,(and its not just an ep for france) then he can kiss goodbye to ever making back into the UK./US market, epic fail for his career imo. :shocked:

As much as I love Mika, I wouldn't buy it, it would be a complete waste of money for me, but lets wait to hear it from the horses mouth:aah:

If this is true for a 4th album,(and its not just an ep for france) then he can kiss goodbye to ever making back into the UK./US market, epic fail for his career imo. :shocked:

As much as I love Mika, I wouldn't buy it, it would be a complete waste of money for me, but lets wait to hear it from the horses mouth:aah:

I would have to agree, but I can't see it happening. Mika is aware that he has to get the UK market back, then there is the US market, which is huge, and he needs that too.

If it was true, it would be his biggest mistake ever, but I don't think it's true. I think it's just a French edition of the album.

QUOTE=Marilyn Mastin;3982713]I would have to agree, but I can't see it happening. Mika is aware that he has to get the UK market back, then there is the US market, which is huge, and he needs that too.

If it was true, it would be his biggest mistake ever, but I don't think it's true. I think it's just a French edition of the album.

:blush-anim-cl: Nobody can think MIKA will stop making albs. in English - seriously - if there is an EP, a mix alb. or a full alb. in French coming up - it's just a break from the English ones, imo - because he might want it right now! There are lots of artists, making comebacks, but so far MIKA never stopped at all - the difference from other artists is that MIKA works much harder, and produces much more stuff - of all kinds, alongside music ...:wink2::fisch:

Love,love

me

QUOTE=Marilyn Mastin;3982713]I would have to agree, but I can't see it happening. Mika is aware that he has to get the UK market back, then there is the US market, which is huge, and he needs that too.

:blush-anim-cl: Nobody can think MIKA will stop making albs. in English - seriously - if there is an EP, a mix alb. or a full alb. in French coming up - it's just a break from the English ones, imo - because he might want it right now! There are lots of artists, making comebacks, but so far MIKA never stopped at all - the difference from other artists is that MIKA works much harder, and produces much more stuff - of all kinds, alongside music ...:wink2::fisch:

Love,love

me

Taking a break from english albums would be disastrous decision for his career, he needs to be back in the US/UK market a quickly as possible before all is lost.

Taking a break from english albums would be disastrous decision for his career, he needs to be back in the US/UK market a quickly as possible before all is lost.

It looks to me like the UK is already lost and he's going to have to start virtually from scratch in order to make a comeback. So I suppose it doesn't matter whether it is now or 6 months from now or 2 years from now. He has his work cut out for him no matter what.

To me the problem with a 100% French album is that it will just be inferior and that's not going to do him any favours anywhere, including France. EMD was an enormous success because it was a great single but did French bonus songs really help him sell TOOL in France? Seems debatable when you look at the numbers compared to his previous albums.

I don't know what would be the best strategy for him. It's too complicated to imagine, there are too many elements that we don't know. Moreover, I don't know which are his aims, now. He could have resized them or simply changed from those he had before. It's possible.

In any case, I'd be curious to listen to everything that will come out of his double brain. :naughty:

:blush-anim-cl:

I agree. If he loses UK|US ( I dare say it has happened) he`ll never be competitive in specific markets like Russia oriented totally on UK|US music industry. This is sad for me personally( Will I ever see him in my country then?

I think it`s a serious issue. No matter how soon Mika will release an English album ( I believe he will), but if the French one comes first - it will make a huge abyss, a gap between his previous, old-day success and expected one. The longer this gap the more he loses - incl. fans, time, inspiration, motivation, etc.

Let`s hope for a double album , with both French and English CDs. ( that was an advice:wink2:)

I really hope that it is an EP or even just a French version of the album 4.

We cant be too certain and jump to conclusions although if he did release a FULL French album I think it would be harder for him to, as you all said, get back onto the UK/US market :blink:

I'm having deep thoughts and forming theories. Scary, I know. But before I get too far, I have an question, especially for the French and people from Quebec: How would an all French Mika album sell in your countries as opposed to English/a mix?

I'm having deep thoughts and forming theories. Scary, I know. But before I get too far, I have an question, especially for the French and people from Quebec: How would an all French Mika album sell in your countries as opposed to English/a mix?

I guess it depends what they sound like.

Quebec went wild over Elle me dit.

Karen got some airplay also, but not as much.

We do love Mika, i'm sure we'd be flattered, but it really depends on the songs.

Remember when he sang a french song on a Christmas album? that got horrible reviews from the media, even if he is loved

I think it would sell really well in Quebec because a lot of people hooked up on EMD and simply think he actually just sing in French:fisch:

I think it would sell really well in Quebec because a lot of people hooked up on EMD and simply think he actually just sing in French:fisch:

If that's what they think then these people are not buying his albums at all so their language preferences are pretty irrelevant :aah:. LICM went double platinum in Canada so I don't see an all French album ever having the same appeal unless it contains more than one catchy single. EMD was not enough because people will just download it for $1.00 instead of buying an album.

I could get much more on board with French songs if Mika approached it the same way he makes his English albums, collaborating with other successful songwriters and great producers. Not just getting Doriand to dash off some stuff to release in between albums to make sure people turn up at the summer festivals in France when he doesn't have an album to promote. I am not sure EMD would have even been released if it wasn't for the outrageous incompetence of the promoters of the Compiegne gig.