MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary): 18 May 2014

dcdeb

Bad experiences, in a taxi ??? Im scared jut to read all of you say. They kidnapped, hurt you?? :aah:

Nope, not in a taxi.. but my friend was mugged when we were there, and I got really scared that day. Still, I guess that if one sticks to the centre of the city, things are probably better.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit about Naples? :blink:

You don't want me to answer that here, you would scold me saying that I get people scared. :aah:

Bring some glucose - easy to keep in a pocket, can save you from fainting. But if worse comes to worse go to toilet and lose your spot rather than avoid drinking and faint.

You sure? I could not drink and eat sweeties instead. Who needs whater when chocolate is available. :teehee:

hat

raincoat

sunblocker

camera - small one.

wear comfortable clothes and shoes

I can handle this

Be brave and talk to people.

:shocked::baghead:

Write to people? I can do that.

Most importantly: Have fun! :thumb_yello:

Noted. No stress, major fun. :groovy:

Edited by Elwendin

Taxi are overpriced (even more during events), dont think dangerous..but you need to choose only lincensed one (like everywhere else).

Yes, Napoli is usually a little more "difficult" than other cities..you need to know where you're going..some areas are too dangerous and is better to avoid them. Piazza Plebiscito is ok though but is better to stay in the area and not go too far.

Is just not about pickpockets, is about dangerous places to avoid.

For example if in the centre of Milan you can walk with jewelry, branded clothes or bags without any problem (at least usually) in Napoli is better to avoid this behaviour to not draw thieves' attention.

I'm not an expert of course and I honestly have prejudices about Napoli cause many people I know had problems there..me included..but maybe things have changed by now :) i just wanted to warn you!

Feels always so weird to worry about "licensed taxis" as in Finland we have a clear system and every taxi is licensed. How can I be sure it's licensed?

I was planning to take my system camera. Not sure it's a wise thing to do any more but I really wanted to take some pictures of the whole event. Need to think about it. Thanks for the advices! :thumb_yello:

This is the article:

Quale modo migliore per festeggiare il compleanno con un concerto? In occasione dei suoi “primi” 50 anni, Nutella ha annunciato un mega concerto a Piazza Plebiscito. L’evento, previsto per domenica 18 maggio, vedrà sul palco del cuore di Napoli Mika.

Il cantate, dal suo profilo Facebook, ha scritto di “essere molto contento di annunciare il grande evento” completamente gratuito.

Il Comune sta lavorando da mesi all’organizzazione dell’evento ma ad oggi manca ancora l’ok definitivo della Soprintendenza.

La manifestazione dovrebbe prevedere diverse iniziative in piazza al mattino e il concerto conclusivo che vedrà sul palco non solo Mika, ma anche cantanti di livello nazionale.

Here the tanslation:

What better way to celebrate a birthday with a concert? On the occasion of his "first" 50 years old, Nutella has announced a mega concert in Piazza Plebiscito. The event, scheduled for Sunday, May 18, will see on stage at the heart of Naples, Mika.

The singer, from his Facebook profile, wrote "to be very pleased to announce the big event" completely free.

The City has been working for months to organize the event but to date there is still no final okay of the Superintendent.

The event should provide a number of initiatives in place in the morning and the final concert that will not see only Mika on stage, but also other singers of national level.

See more at: http://www.campania24news.it/2014/04/23/nutella-festeggia-i-50-anni-con-un-concerto-di-mika-a-piazza-plebiscito-10858/#sthash.0Y3i9hab.dpuf

I'm very happy about this concert, finally he returns to his music :wub2: and I'm also happy for the italian fans from the south of Italy that have been expecting a similar opportunity since long time :blush-anim-cl:

I'm from Turin, in the north of Italy, so I don't think I'll be able to go, especially because my parents will not give me the permission, they are too scared about Naples :aah:

I'm from Turin, in the north of Italy, so I don't think I'll be able to go, especially because my parents will not give me the permission, they are too scared about Naples :aah:

I live next to France and Switzerland border, I'm 34 years old and I still can't tell my parents for the same reason.

Feels always so weird to worry about "licensed taxis" as in Finland we have a clear system and every taxi is licensed. How can I be sure it's licensed?

I was planning to take my system camera. Not sure it's a wise thing to do any more but I really wanted to take some pictures of the whole event. Need to think about it. Thanks for the advices! :thumb_yello:

I guess they should be white with the sign on the top. They should be equiped with taximeter.

Not your marvelous camera, right?

If you're thinking about THAT camera, please no.:shocked:

I'm very happy about this concert, finally he returns to his music :wub2: and I'm also happy for the italian fans from the south of Italy that have been expecting a similar opportunity since long time :blush-anim-cl:

I live next to France and Switzerland border, I'm 34 years old and I still can't tell my parents for the same reason.

I was in Naples looooong time ago for one day and they told us before we went out of the bus to take care about our bags, take off any visible jewelry, avoid small alleys, watch out for the boys on motorcycles cause they can take off the bag from our shoulder and they are specially picking the tourists and so on. Still the same? :blink: Nothing bad happened to us but that sounded scary.

I was in Naples looooong time ago for one day and they told us before we went out of the bus to take care about our bags, take off any visible jewelry, avoid small alleys, watch out for the boys on motorcycles cause they can take off the bag from our shoulder and they are specially picking the tourists and so on. Still the same? :blink: Nothing bad happened to us but that sounded scary.

Here's the solution, guys.

You're welcome. :mf_rosetinted:

scaphandre2.jpg

Taxi are overpriced (even more during events), dont think dangerous..but you need to choose only lincensed one (like everywhere else).

Yes, Napoli is usually a little more "difficult" than other cities..you need to know where you're going..some areas are too dangerous and is better to avoid them. Piazza Plebiscito is ok though but is better to stay in the area and not go too far.

Is just not about pickpockets, is about dangerous places to avoid.

For example if in the centre of Milan you can walk with jewelry, branded clothes or bags without any problem (at least usually) in Napoli is better to avoid this behaviour to not draw thieves' attention.

I'm not an expert of course and I honestly have prejudices about Napoli cause many people I know had problems there..me included..but maybe things have changed by now :) i just wanted to warn you!

Sounds like most big cities in the UK to me to me.

In all the cities here (yes, London included) there are constant warnings about pick pockets and muggers, never keep anything valuable on display when you are walking around, or in your car while it is parked. Only use taxis that are licensed, like the black cabs, or those with the Hackney plates on their bumpers (private taxis should be avoided, as they aren't sanctioned by the local councils).

It's a matter of just being careful, and keeping your valuables out of sight, and sticking to areas that are well populated. That's always the best thing to do I've always found.

Not your marvelous camera, right?

If you're thinking about THAT camera, please no.:shocked:

But it would be so nice to take photos during the day... And what's the point of having a camera and then not being able to take it with me at important events? Free concerts are usually good moments to take photos as security doesn't much care what people do. It is quite heavy so not sure it's that way practical, need to think about it. I do have an insurance for it.

Sounds like most big cities in the UK to me to me.

In all the cities here (yes, London included) there are constant warnings about pick pockets and muggers, never keep anything valuable on display when you are walking around, or in your car while it is parked. Only use taxis that are licensed, like the black cabs, or those with the Hackney plates on their bumpers (private taxis should be avoided, as they aren't sanctioned by the local councils).

It's a matter of just being careful, and keeping your valuables out of sight, and sticking to areas that are well populated. That's always the best thing to do I've always found.

Humm Rose, as italian I can say Napoli is a bit different. I went to NY and I had the feeling to be safe everywhere, in London almost the same but Napoli is like harlem in NY where, before the police cleaned the area, was better to not go. In Napoli people steal (with guns) watches to drivers, people with motorcycle take off bags from shoulders and the problem is that in some areas those thieves are protected by people..it's like a mini-world of criminals that protect each other from police..it's complicated to explain..and sure is not everywhere in the city cause many tourists go to Napoli everyday!

For example last summer there was the news that criminals changed the city's signs to museums or attraction to drive tourists to the dangerous parts of the city to take advantages of them...not an usual thing to ear everywhere else.

During an event like a big crowded gig thieves can be among the crowd and steal easly. They cut bags with knives..fast and easy.

But it would be so nice to take photos during the day... And what's the point of having a camera and then not being able to take it with me at important events? Free concerts are usually good moments to take photos as security doesn't much care what people do. It is quite heavy so not sure it's that way practical, need to think about it. I do have an insurance for it.

I think the only thing you could do to be "safe" to bring it is always keep your camera in your hands during the gig so you can be sure to hold it very tight all the time.

I will bring mine but is not so expensive anymore cause it' old.

In Napoli people steal (with guns)

For good. They do it.

I hope that we'll be a kind of protected by all the crowd. I'm ok with muggers as long as no one threaten me with a gun. I think we are safe in the daylight around the venue, and I hope that we could be as well after the gig as many people would still be around.

Jeez, Mika. Naples. Seriously. :aah:

For good. They do it.

I hope that we'll be a kind of protected by all the crowd. I'm ok with muggers as long as no one threaten me with a gun. I think we are safe in the daylight around the venue, and I hope that we could be as well after the gig as many people would still be around.

Jeez, Mika. Naples. Seriously. :aah:

Yes, as I said, piazza plebiscito should be ok :)

Elwendin and Sarina, may I tell you that you probably won't enjoy the gig if you keep worrying about Naples criminality level? Naples is a metropolis and sure you'll have to be careful about where you go and what you bring with you, but you still have a couple of weeks ahead in order to plan your trip, I'm sure everything will be fine! :huglove: