MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary): 18 May 2014

dcdeb

Just for italians citizens:

Contest to win a weekend in Naples

http://www.nutellastories.com/it_IT/ext/concorso

La tua storia da raccontare, 50 anni da festeggiare.

Carica la tua storia, ogni giorno in palio fantastici premi:

-1 week end a Napoli per partecipare all'evento nutella®. Il premio comprende un soggiorno per due persone in hotel a 4 stelle, con colazione inclusa, nei giorni 17 e 18 maggio, oltre al viaggio di andata e ritorno.

- 5 fantastici orologi da parete firmati nutella®.

Where does it say that it is only for residents of Italy?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutella's twitter says Mika's gig will start at 21'30 and it will last one hour and thirty :wink2:

Just read this on twitter too. I was pretty sure it'd be a proper gig ever since Mika tweeted about doing a concert in Napoli. The fact that nutella posted the exact times etc is great news indeed!!:thumb_yello:

Where does it say that it is only for residents of Italy?

In the rules document:

http://latuastoriaconnutella.nutellastories.com/assets/pdf/un_weekend_a_napoli.pdf

Territorio: valido sul territorio nazionale italiano e nella Repubblica di San Marino esclusivamente nell’ambito del sito internet http://www.nutellastories.com

Target partecipanti: utenti del sito internet http://www.nutellastories.com del territorio nazionale e con collegamento esclusivamente dall’Italia e dalla Repubblica di San Marino.

Only in Italy. And not only you must live in Italy (because they don't want to risk to pay travel from other countries) but also you can write in their website just if your internet connection is in Italy.

Sorry for foreigners.

If you want you can try to partecipate but if you win and after they refuse you the gift this is very disappointing, i think.

This is the reason i wrote immediatly this information, to avoid disappointment to my international friends of MFC.

:bye:

From Mika's fb:

Did you hear the news? On 18th May, Mika will perform a very special 75 minute set full of hit songs at a FREE Nutella party for his fans in southern Italy, at the Piazza del Plebiscito in Naples! Don't forget to tell us that you're coming by joining the event here: http://on.fb.me/1krRPoA

:wub2:

From Mika's fb:

Did you hear the news? On 18th May, Mika will perform a very special 75 minute set full of hit songs at a FREE Nutella party for his fans in southern Italy, at the Piazza del Plebiscito in Naples! Don't forget to tell us that you're coming by joining the event here: http://on.fb.me/1krRPoA

:wub2:

:thumb_yello: I'm sooo happy for you, and everybody else, going to this "full show" by MIKA :wub2: And as I told you earlier this spring, you didn't have to wait so long for a gig in Italy !!:teehee: I'll with you "in spirit" - and can't wait for reports and pics after this event ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Napoli, ok al concerto della Nutella. Mika al Mattino: «Piazza Plebiscito, arrivo»

http://www.ilmattino.it/napoli/concerto_napoli_nutella_piazza_plebiscito_mika/notizie/675762.shtml

L’uomo che riaprirà piazza del Plebiscito alla musica («ma è un paradosso che Bruce Springsteen possa passare come quello che l’ha chiusa») è a Parigi, dove sta registrando il suo nuovo album. Interrompe le session per parlare della sua partecipazione , il 18 maggio, alla festa napoletana per i 50 anni della Nutella: è appena arrivata la notizia della pace - che assomiglia ad una tregua armata - con la soprintendenza.

Il concerto si puo’, Mika.

«Meno male. Conosco poco la questione, mi hanno informato dei problemi incontrati, non posso entrare in merito, ma posso dire alcune cose, in proposito».

Prego.

«Vengo a Napoli, città d’arte e cultura, con rispetto ed emozione, con la responsabilità e l’orgoglio di chi sa che si esibirà nel salotto buono della città, in passato concesso a papi, rockstar e leader politici e più recentemente negato. Ma vengo a Napoli anche con la consapevolezza che monumenti celebri, come la Torre Eiffel, si trasformarono ai miei occhi di bambino quando li ho vissuti come cornice di uno show a me caro. Non voglio, non vogliamo togliere nulla alla storia e all’arte di Napoli, ma aggiungere gioia, divertimento, la mia voce, le mie canzoni».

Parliamo dello show, allora. Come sarà?

«Non è il mio spettacolo, e, vista la scaletta che prevede altri ospiti, tra cui Arisa, che mi piace moltissimo e che sono felice di ritrovare, mi esibirò per soli 75 minuti, cercando di concentrare il meglio della mia voglia di esibirmi».

Translation

While in the studio in Paris, Mika talks about the Naples gig. He says:

"I come to Naples, a city of art and culture with due respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of those who know will perform in 'the salotto buono' ( roughly 'parlor') of the city, formerly granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and, more recently denied. But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, turned to my child's eyes when I lived them as a frame of a show dear to me. I don't want, we don't want to take anything away from the history and the art of Naples, but we want to add joy, fun, my voice, my songs."

So this is my thought: as expected, Mika is well aware of the historical and emotional dimension of the venue, and its importance as symbol of the european art beauty. Good returns aside, I guess the idea of playing in a place like this, this unique experience, drove him to join the event.

That's all I needed to answer the ones who still argue about the city.

Translation

While in the studio in Paris, Mika talks about the Naples gig. He says:

"I come to Naples, a city of art and culture with due respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of those who know will perform in 'the salotto buono' ( roughly 'parlor') of the city, formerly granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and, more recently denied. But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, turned to my child's eyes when I lived them as a frame of a show dear to me. I don't want, we don't want to take anything away from the history and the art of Naples, but we want to add joy, fun, my voice, my songs."

So this is my thought: as expected, Mika is well aware of the historical and emotional dimension of the venue, and its importance as symbol of the european art beauty. Good returns aside, I guess the idea of playing in a place like this, this unique experience, drove him to join the event.

That's all I needed to answer the ones who still argue about the city.

Thank you for translation! :thumb_yello: Since a long time I've imagined MIKA to perform in an ancient arena in Italy - I'm sure this will be a very special event for all of you, being able to go - and now you just have to wait for 8 more days - you're sooo lucky - enjoy it !!! :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

The article defines Mika as "the man who will reopen the Piazza del Plebiscito to music" and says that Mika now is in Paris, where he is recording his new album. :thumb_yello:

And about the show Mika says: "It's not my show, and according to the lineup of the event, that includes other guests, including Arisa ( I love her and I'm glad to find her) I will perform for just 75 minutes, trying to concentrate the best of my desire to perform on the stage" .

Hmm, I'm not seeing the scan display here for some reason. Here's the link for those who are having the same problem:

http://s4.postimg.org/ppmmoeuvg/Il_Mattino_Napoli.jpg

The part where he says the album is basically finished is pretty exciting! And they're just concentrating on the single, and the "business" side of things... Very happy news. :excite:

Here's the translation:

The man who will reopen the Piazza del Plebiscito to music ("it is a paradox that Bruce Springsteen could pass as the one who closed it") is in Paris, where he is recording his new album. He interrupts the session to talk about his participation, on May 18 at the party for the 50 years of Nutella: it has just received the news of peace - that looks like an armed truce - with supervision.

You can make the gig, Mika.

Thank goodness.

I don't know so much about the issue, I was informed of the problems encountered, I can not go in the specific, but I can say a few things about it.

Please.

I come to Naples, a city of art and culture, with respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of those who know will perform in the parlor of the city, in the past granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and, more recently denied .But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments, such as the Eiffel tower, turned to my child's eyes, when I have them lived as a frame of a show dear to me.

I do not want, we do not want to take anything away from the history and art of Naples, but add joy, fun, my voice, my songs.

Talk about the show, then. How will it be?

It's not my show, and, seen the lineup that includes other guests, including Arisa, that I love her and I'm glad to find there, I will perform only for 75 minutes, trying to concentrate the best of my desire to sing .

Will you prepare something special for Naples?

yes and no. No, because I will be true to myself. Yes, because the energy that it will come back, the vibrations of the Piazza del Plebiscito, will make the difference.

This will be my only summer concert, I thank for invitation and I hope that it will become outstanding for the audience as it already is for me.

You do not know Naples, but you have been to Positano.

Sure, and there I realized how many different "Italiy" exist. for work, I tended to confuse Italy with Milan and Rome, but a summer trip has allowed me to go through all the italy by car and I realized that there are important differences (climate, food, human warmth).

I wanted a holiday by car from London to where I wanted to stop. They had to be a few days with four people: they have become four weeks with 24 people, including family and friends, with a caravan of cars.

We started from London, then Swiss, we stopped in Santo Stefano Belbo, in Tuscany and then to Positano: here, in a small hotel, I enjoyed the best days of the past ten years.

The sea, the kitchen, but also the warmth of the people: in Switzerland when they saw our parade of cars closed the windows, you did not even noticed what we did. My Lebanese roots have made me feel at home. In a party there was also a band that has given us a concert of Neapolitan songs: beautiful, but I was at a party, I can not remember which.

Talk about the album you're recording in Paris, the fourth.

We are focusing on the single, but the entire album is ready. I have written in my own way, writing furiously, free from any bias. Now it begins the hardest part, the one where I have to share with others my project, accept or reject suggestions or compromises, deal with showbusiness.

Are you ready for X Factor Italia?

Sure. Even on TV the initial step is the most exciting: the competitors make that program. if they are of good, you'll win, otherwise ... behold, I had done television, but before the talent show for Sky, I had never got my hands dirty. When they have proposed me, I have taken them for fools, but I realized that they were serious and I quickly said yes. In a language I did not know, in a country that I love and know little ... it was perfect to force me to be myself.

I did it and I did not regretted it and then if I have done other tv (The Voice Fr) it was because I had already broken the ice.

And so, even compared to the record, I am free to follow my creative intuition.

If there are mistakes please forgive me and let me know :wink2:

In another page of the same newspaper:

Non solo musica alla festa della Ferrero e della Nutella all’ombra del Vesuvio. La mattina del 18 maggio, infatti, sarà interamente dedicata alle attività di animazione rivolte soprattutto alle famiglie e ai bambini. La manifestazione sarà totalmente gratuita perché i costi di organizzazione e

di gestione saranno a carico della multinazionale.

In the morning Nutella Party for families with free activities for kids.

If Mfcers want queuing since the morning maybe they should rent a baby and disguise themself with the families.

Il maxi-concerto è in programma in piazza il prossimo18 maggio.

L’appuntamento è fissato per il pomeriggio:

alle16 apriranno le danze gli Almamegretta, alle 17 sarà il turno di Simona Molinari e, un’ora dopo, di James Senese & Napoli Centrale.

Alle 19,15 toccherà ad Arisa e alle 20,15 a Giuliano Palma.

Infine, alle 21,30, il momento tanto atteso, quando sul palco salirà Mika, l’artista britannico di «GraceKelly» e giudice della competizione X Factor, divenuto popolare soprattutto tra le nuove generazioni ma non solo.

Not official (by the newspaper) program:

from 4 pm to 9 pm italian musicians (not the best but absolutely not bad)

9.30 pm MIKA

Here's the translation:

The man who will reopen the Piazza del Plebiscito to music ("it is a paradox that Bruce Springsteen could pass as the one who closed it") is in Paris, where he is recording his new album. He interrupts the session to talk about his participation, on May 18 at the party for the 50 years of Nutella: it has just received the news of peace - that looks like an armed truce - with supervision.

You can make the gig, Mika.

Thank goodness.

I don't know so much about the issue, I was informed of the problems encountered, I can not go in the specific, but I can say a few things about it.

Please.

I come to Naples, a city of art and culture, with respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of those who know will perform in the parlor of the city, in the past granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and, more recently denied .But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments, such as the Eiffel tower, turned to my child's eyes, when I have them lived as a frame of a show dear to me.

I do not want, we do not want to take anything away from the history and art of Naples, but add joy, fun, my voice, my songs.

Talk about the show, then. How will it be?

It's not my show, and, seen the lineup that includes other guests, including Arisa, that I love her and I'm glad to find there, I will perform only for 75 minutes, trying to concentrate the best of my desire to sing .

Will you prepare something special for Naples?

yes and no. No, because I will be true to myself. Yes, because the energy that it will come back, the vibrations of the Piazza del Plebiscito, will make the difference.

This will be my only summer concert, I thank for invitation and I hope that it will become outstanding for the audience as it already is for me.

You do not know Naples, but you have been to Positano.

Sure, and there I realized how many different "Italiy" exist. for work, I tended to confuse Italy with Milan and Rome, but a summer trip has allowed me to go through all the italy by car and I realized that there are important differences (climate, food, human warmth).

I wanted a holiday by car from London to where I wanted to stop. They had to be a few days with four people: they have become four weeks with 24 people, including family and friends, with a caravan of cars.

We started from London, then Swiss, we stopped in Santo Stefano Belbo, in Tuscany and then to Positano: here, in a small hotel, I enjoyed the best days of the past ten years.

The sea, the kitchen, but also the warmth of the people: in Switzerland when they saw our parade of cars closed the windows, you did not even noticed what we did. My Lebanese roots have made me feel at home. In a party there was also a band that has given us a concert of Neapolitan songs: beautiful, but I was at a party, I can not remember which.

Talk about the album you're recording in Paris, the fourth.

We are focusing on the single, but the entire album is ready. I have written in my own way, writing furiously, free from any bias. Now it begins the hardest part, the one where I have to share with others my project, accept or reject suggestions or compromises, deal with showbusiness.

Are you ready for X Factor Italia?

Sure. Even on TV the initial step is the most exciting: the competitors make that program. if they are of good, you'll win, otherwise ... behold, I had done television, but before the talent show for Sky, I had never got my hands dirty. When they have proposed me, I have taken them for fools, but I realized that they were serious and I quickly said yes. In a language I did not know, in a country that I love and know little ... it was perfect to force me to be myself.

I did it and I did not regretted it and then if I have done other tv (The Voice Fr) it was because I had already broken the ice.

And so, even compared to the record, I am free to follow my creative intuition.

If there are mistakes please forgive me and let me know :wink2:

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Lucrezia! :huglove: Very happy news about the work with the alb... :teehee:

Love,love

me

thanks for the translation lu! :flowers2:

as good as it sounds that the album is "ready", i think it just means he has written the songs, maybe made demos, and has an idea of what he wants the album to be like. for recording the actual album, he has to work with producers and musicians, he has to find agreements with the record label as to which songs will go on the album and which won't - and i guess that's what he means with the compromises and dealing with showbusiness. so "ready" is a question of definition. :teehee:

just my thoughts of course, it'd be nice if the album was more ready than i expect it to be, but i'd be surprised if he had finished recording the album without "sharing the project with others". :fisch:

and i really really hope that he has more say in what is gonna be the first single, than he had the last time! :sneaky2:

If Mfcers want queuing since the morning maybe they should rent a baby and disguise themself with the families.

damn, a few weeks later and i could provide a baby to fit in! :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Edited by mellody

I just literally jumped off my bed and did a little happy dance at the album news, Lucrezia, grazie!

(Have to start getting ready for work in a few minutes but that made my day!)

In another page of the same newspaper:

Non solo musica alla festa della Ferrero e della Nutella all’ombra del Vesuvio. La mattina del 18 maggio, infatti, sarà interamente dedicata alle attività di animazione rivolte soprattutto alle famiglie e ai bambini. La manifestazione sarà totalmente gratuita perché i costi di organizzazione e

di gestione saranno a carico della multinazionale.

Il maxi-concerto è in programma in piazza il prossimo18 maggio.

L’appuntamento è fissato per il pomeriggio:

alle16 apriranno le danze gli Almamegretta, alle 17 sarà il turno di Simona Molinari e, un’ora dopo, di James Senese & Napoli Centrale.

Alle 19,15 toccherà ad Arisa e alle 20,15 a Giuliano Palma.

Infine, alle 21,30, il momento tanto atteso, quando sul palco salirà Mika, l’artista britannico di «GraceKelly» e giudice della competizione X Factor, divenuto popolare soprattutto tra le nuove generazioni ma non solo.

Not official (by the newspaper) program:

from 4 pm to 9 pm italian musicians (not the best but absolutely not bad)

9.30 pm MIKA

Thank you Allegra!

Well i hope that there will be not queue since the early morning seen that it's not his gig but an event

Thanks a lot for the articles & translations :wub2:

Great news about the album! I think I am about to do a little happy dance too, even if I'll keep mellody's wise words in mind ...

thanks for the translation lu! :flowers2:

as good as it sounds that the album is "ready", i think it just means he has written the songs, maybe made demos, and has an idea of what he wants the album to be like. for recording the actual album, he has to work with producers and musicians, he has to find agreements with the record label as to which songs will go on the album and which won't - and i guess that's what he means with the compromises and dealing with showbusiness. so "ready" is a question of definition. :teehee:

just my thoughts of course, it'd be nice if the album was more ready than i expect it to be, but i'd be surprised if he had finished recording the album without "sharing the project with others". :fisch:

and i really really hope that he has more say in what is gonna be the first single, than he had the last time! :sneaky2:

damn, a few weeks later and i could provide a baby to fit in! :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I'm with you on the album news...

Yeah, shared friends informed me about you and your little surprise.

Best wishes Mellody.

Since most part of MFC is composed by women i think we all feel like aunts for your baby. :original:

Thank you Allegra!

Well i hope that there will be not queue since the early morning seen that it's not his gig but an event

Oh... but when i say morning i mean 11 am or noon :naughty: