Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

It is!

All the info about the bus to the airport http://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle/more-about-747-aeroport-p-e-trudeau-centre-ville-shuttle

However, for anyone who wants to wander around a bit, regular buses and metro (underground train) is more practical. The metro is linked to many building by indoor tunnels, could be practical if the weather stays as cold as now...

Is it cold there? it's was +4C here today, everything is mushy brown (like mashed potatoes covered in mud gravy lol)...I leave for work and it's dark and I come home and it's dark...I feel like I'm living in the dark ages BAAHAHAHAHA!!!

:whew:

Passport arrived this morning. :yay:

Oh my, I can't believe it's only a little over 3 weeks before my trip begins. :shocked:

AAAAA!!! I KNOW!!! this is going to be such a fun trip :)

Thursday sounds good to me too :thumb_yello: I would love to go to see Wax Mika with MFCers, I've planned to go to see the one in Paris several times but it's just not the same to do it alone. If MFCers will meet on Thu maybe we could also eat something together? Would be more fun.

I don't have any other plans yet, just gigs and the meeting on Wed. Planning to do some sightseeing on Sun and Mon but haven't decided what I need to see in Montreal most. Any suggestions from locals...? The best museums etc?

Please count me in for the trip to the Wax museum as well, it'll be fun to get a selfie with a wax Mika...lol might even be better than trying to get one with the real Mika at least the wax version will be good and stay in one spot LOL :naughty: hahahaha not awkward at all :thumb_yello:

Except if you want to go to Biodome (http://m.espacepourlavie.ca/en couldbe fun with the little one) or St.Joseph Oriatory, both easily accessible by bus/metro, you're right. Most attractions are downtown

Last time I was in Montreal I visited St. Joseph's Oratory and Ohhhhhh I MUST visit again, it was truly spectacular.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess where I walked by today.... SOON !

AUeuhTO.jpg

Hi Digital Love, did you notice that some guy photo-bombed your pic? LOL I was told it was just ladies in the MFC :)

Is it cold there? it's was +4C here today, everything is mushy brown (like mashed potatoes covered in mud gravy lol)...I leave for work and it's dark and I come home and it's dark...I feel like I'm living in the dark ages BAAHAHAHAHA!!!

AAAAA!!! I KNOW!!! this is going to be such a fun trip :)

Please count me in for the trip to the Wax museum as well, it'll be fun to get a selfie with a wax Mika...lol might even be better than trying to get one with the real Mika at least the wax version will be good and stay in one spot LOL :naughty: hahahaha not awkward at all :thumb_yello:

Last time I was in Montreal I visited St. Joseph's Oratory and Ohhhhhh I MUST visit again, it was truly spectacular.

It was around -25 this morning...

So as you know this will be my first ever Mika live gig and I'm thrilled of course but i didn't realize a few things about Mr.M, which I have been kindly educated on :thumb_yello:.

For example, sometimes he apparently comes out to say hello to fans after a gig or sign autographs (that's very nice of him). In chat some have mentioned that people give him presents (some say he keeps them all...super nice of him...bet he's got a LOT of stuff by now :blink:).

Also, it's been mentioned that at some concerts the fans surprise him by doing something special during the performance, I'm not really sure what this entails yet but I thought I'd ask if there were any plans for anything special to happen at these concerts?

Hi Digital Love, did you notice that some guy photo-bombed your pic? LOL I was told it was just ladies in the MFC :)

Who told you something like that? We have guys here, they're all over the boards!

I look forward to hanging out with DL when I'm in Montreal - he and I are getting to be quite the knuckleheads over at FB in our chats!

LMAO!! aslong as its warmer than -19 feeling like -30 like the Greater Toronto Area than I am ALLLLLL good with the weather, hell...being in anything upwards of -10 would be like a summer vacation at this point! LMAOO!! GUYS!....

I officially got the good to go for my vacation hours from work the last step is just to buy my train tickets and I am good to go >.> and awww I hope I can go to the wax museum with you guys <3. Just depends when you go and how far it is since I will be leaving that day.

ALSO! Cath!! <3 thanx for all your help one last question before I buy my ticket, I should be going to Montreal Central Station right? I think that's what you suggested but I wanted to double check >.< eeeeeee!!!

LMAO!! aslong as its warmer than -19 feeling like -30 like the Greater Toronto Area than I am ALLLLLL good with the weather, hell...being in anything upwards of -10 would be like a summer vacation at this point! LMAOO!! GUYS!....

I officially got the good to go for my vacation hours from work the last step is just to buy my train tickets and I am good to go >.> and awww I hope I can go to the wax museum with you guys <3. Just depends when you go and how far it is since I will be leaving that day.

ALSO! Cath!! <3 thanx for all your help one last question before I buy my ticket, I should be going to Montreal Central Station right? I think that's what you suggested but I wanted to double check >.< eeeeeee!!!

Yes, that's where you want to go :)

Just so that I can keep the trip on my mind, I have the local weather being noted on my cell phone's app... and Montreal's. Anyone else doing anything similar?

Yep.... I don't like what I see though :mf_rosetinted:

Regarding museum, besides Wika at Grevin, here are some interesting ones:

History http://m.pacmusee.qc.ca/en/exhibitions

Fine arts https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/

Musem of modern arts http://www.macm.org/en/

Montreal Science Center http://m.montrealsciencecentre.com/programming.html

Thanks for the tips, Cath! Museum of fine arts seems to be nicely located and not too far away. I also found a webpage for Montreal botanical garden and it looks nice (I often visit botanical gardens every city where I have a possibility) but it's a bit far away so the museum could be easier.

Edit: Corrected the museum name to "fine arts", more my taste than modern arts.

Edited by tiibet

Unfortunately, in February, Montreal is semi-hibernating... not much is going on as far as festivals and activities.

had the concert been 1 week later, there was the "Montreal en lumiere" festival, but i'm afraid you'll all be gone by the 19th of February.

Thanks for the tips, Cath! Museum of modern arts seems to be nicely located and not too far away. I also found a webpage for Montreal botanical garden and it looks nice (I often visit botanical gardens every city where I have a possibility) but it's a bit far away so the museum could be easier.

it's too bad this is a little ways from downtown because i think you would have enjoyed it.

It's called "Oratoire St-Joseph"

http://www.memorablemontreal.com/document/image/original/HM_ARC_002093-001.jpg

You can take a virtual tour instead...

http://www.saint-joseph.org/en/shrine/virtual-visit

It is a religious building, but the architecture is just amazing.

People who are doing pilgramage often climb all those steps on their knees, doing prayers as they go along.

it's too bad this is a little ways from downtown because i think you would have enjoyed it.

It's called "Oratoire St-Joseph"

http://www.memorablemontreal.com/document/image/original/HM_ARC_002093-001.jpg

You can take a virtual tour instead...

http://www.saint-joseph.org/en/shrine/virtual-visit

It is a religious building, but the architecture is just amazing.

People who are doing pilgramage often climb all those steps on their knees, doing prayers as they go along.

It looks beautiful indeed and exactly that kind of place I usually like to visit. I just don't have that many days for sightseeing so I guess I need to look for attractions near where I'm staying. I'm planning to visit the museum of fine arts (I corrected the name to my previous post) and spend some time walking around Old Montreal, see the cathedral etc and maybe do some shopping etc on Sunday and Monday.

Unfortunately, in February, Montreal is semi-hibernating... not much is going on as far as festivals and activities.

had the concert been 1 week later, there was the "Montreal en lumiere" festival, but i'm afraid you'll all be gone by the 19th of February.

:blush-anim-cl: It's nice to prepare a bit for this trip. So I've read about Montreal the last eves, and found this Montreal Luminere Festival, which seems amazing - so yes, it's a pity that we're back home when it starts. But the Oratoire St.Joseph I would love to visit - it seems fantastic ! :thumb_yello:

I think there will be lot of places to visit and see - this exciting week...:wink2:

Love,love

me