Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, just how many MFCers will be attending over the span of the concert series?

Jewelry girl over here wants to know a total...

Maybe you can figure that out at the beginning of each of the three concerts thread, at least for fans who put their name there?

Or else open a survey thread to ask maybe? :dunno:

While that may sound all simple and all that, bear in mind that some people may not post their attendance for whatever reason. Also, I have limited net time here, so if a certain naughty chicken woman would like to do penance and help me out here, well... I would appreciate that very much!

While that may sound all simple and all that, bear in mind that some people may not post their attendance for whatever reason. Also, I have limited net time here, so if a certain naughty chicken woman would like to do penance and help me out here, well... I would appreciate that very much!

It would be shame if MFCers do not post their attendance in the gig threads for "whatever reason". Bear in mind that if ever Team Mika asks us for a list of members in attendance (or number of MFCers present), we will go by the names of members who did reply "Yes", as that's the only thing we have to go by.

Did you say :chkn: ?

It would be shame if MFCers do not post their attendance in the gig threads for "whatever reason". Bear in mind that if ever Team Mika asks us for a list of members in attendance (or number of MFCers present), we will go by the names of members who did reply "Yes", as that's the only thing we have to go by.

And we're so happy when we can go that we do post when we can attend :thumb_yello:

I wasn't expecting to have tomorrow off, but I will get a count tomorrow for my nefarious plot!

Guylaine is right -- we've had disappointed MFCers in the past who have been left out of things, simply because we haven't known they were at the gig. If you're going to be there, please be sure to RSVP! :thumb_yello:

I personally think some form of identification is a great idea but I dont know about a feather seeing as I wouldnt know where to begin to put one, and it may easily fall or be blown off, Canadian winters are brutal T_T. I think we should all wear big decorative necklaces like our ever so loved Mika <3, anything from wooden beeds to mardy gras necklaces, just something costumy or maybe a pink hanky tied around your mitten clad hand for when you are all bundled up <3 lmaooo. As for communication; Since texting out of your country is usually an arm and a leg roaming charges I think everyone should download like the watsapp app or kik messenger app, that way we can all communicate as if we were texting without all those nasty roaming charges, and it helps for all of us who have limited data and cant afford to be on the forums via our phones. Just some ideas <3

:blush-anim-cl: Maybe I should wear the hairbend I got from my daughter for my birthday now - it's a Moods of Norway design, pink, very visible - with this big text written in the forehead: "Kiss me - I'm Norwegian" :naughty: I think she had my upcoming Montreal adventure in mind, when she bought it...:wub2:

Anyway, I'm sure we'll make deals for sharing some time together, once we've found each other, with or without phones, apps, wifies - or whatever, if not earlier - surely after the first gig - for those who'll be present there ...:wink2:

Love,love

me

Guys, I hate to brake your bubble, but when in Montreal, you will not notice a feather or other small things added on a coat... You'll be walking staring at the sidewalk so your eyes don't freeze. XD

:aah: I know - I'm used to the same cold as you - so I think my warm "headcloth" will do better, while walking the Montreal streets ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Guys, I hate to brake your bubble, but when in Montreal, you will not notice a feather or other small things added on a coat... You'll be walking staring at the sidewalk so your eyes don't freeze. XD

I've been keeping an eye on the weather :shocked: I can't believe anywhere gets that cold and with the amount of layers I'll be wearing I don't think I'll actually be able to walk anywhere. :teehee:

I wasn't thinking so much an identifier as I was thinking of making some sort of souvenir of the event, perhaps... I love badges from places I have been, artists I love, etc. Just a thought, as there needs to be creation time...

LOL! Actually, I'm pretty sure Montreal is going to experience a heatwave while we're in town.

I mean, think about it. MIKA is going to be there! :fangurl:

Not to mention all of the HOT babes like me! :grandma:

:uhno:

:aah: I know - I'm used to the same cold as you - so I think my warm "headcloth" will do better, while walking the Montreal streets ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

same cold? really?

when i look at the temperature in Oslo today,

it is +3 celcius.... it's -22celcius in Montreal, but with the windchill, it feels like -31celcius. Your breath stops for a few seconds as you open your front door. :aah:

3 celcius to me would be like going to Florida on a day like today :yay:

same cold? really?

when i look at the temperature in Oslo today,

it is +3 celcius.... it's -22celcius in Montreal, but with the windchill, it feels like -31celcius. Your breath stops for a few seconds as you open your front door. :aah:

3 celcius to me would be like going to Florida on a day like today :yay:

:naughty: I'm not living in Oslo - and I'm not talking about just these days, which are unusual "warm". Where I live, in the countryside of the southern part, we had between - 25 and - 30 celcius during the Christmas days lately. Now we have one meter of snow, and very good temps, right now. Two years ago we had weeks of such terrible temps, as mentioned above !! :sneaky2: So your cold, Canadian winter temps, I've lived with my whole life, that why I say "I'm used to" it...:teehee:

Love,love

me

it's -22celcius in Montreal, but with the windchill, it feels like -31celcius. Your breath stops for a few seconds as you open your front door. :aah:

Where I live, in the countryside of the southern part, we had between - 25 and - 30 celcius during the Christmas days lately. Now we have one meter of snow, and very good temps, right now.

:shocked:

May I just say, what is WRONG with you people??? Are you :insane:???

Why on earth do you live where it gets that cold?! :blink:

:naughty:

I may complain when we get a cold snap like we've had the last few days, but this is not the norm. If it was, I'd seriously rethink living here!

Aww, but you know I'm just playing with you. Seriously, I'm looking forward to my wintry visit in Montreal in a few weeks, and Scandinavia (Norway in particular) is on my bucket list of places to visit. :thumb_yello:

lol I was hoping montreal wouldnt be like that too T_T

dammit...I hate when the snow takes its anger out on my eyeballs T_T

and this is why I suggested mit decorations lol Ill probably see alot of hands and feet lmaooo

I was born in Northern Finland. When I was a child we often had -30 degrees for weeks (it's at seaside so it was quite chilly too) and I used to bike to school through winters. Not sure what I was thinking but you can guess how many times I've told that to my sons when they complain about the weather when leaving to school, lol! :naughty:

In Helsinki the weather goes up and down. We haven't had many cold days this year. Today it was raining something awful and wet :sneaky2: I'm used to cold but I will be freezing in Montreal, I know it already, because I can't wear all my warm clothes. At home I can wear whatever I want because only my dog can see me but I can't wear my dog walking pants on Montreal streets!! :aah:

Passport arrived today... I literally wept at the sight!

Mine arrived today too! :pbjt:

BTW i'd like meet up and sight-see w/ MFC ppl too but i'll only be there the days of the gigs so i dunno how much i'll get to do.

Regarding something to identify each other.... how about a neon pennant that says "MIKA FAN"? We can attatch them to our hats so they'll flap behind us as we walk down the street :aah:

:shocked:

:naughty:

I may complain when we get a cold snap like we've had the last few days, but this is not the norm. If it was, I'd seriously rethink living here!

Aww, but you know I'm just playing with you. Seriously, I'm looking forward to my wintry visit in Montreal in a few weeks, and Scandinavia (Norway in particular) is on my bucket list of places to visit. :thumb_yello:

:naughty: Well, you really can ask, haha - maybe my answer is: "We're real Vikings"! :teehee: The weather conditions can be quite tough yes - but we also have really HOT summerdays, at least now and then, like last summer :blush-anim-cl:

Like Nina tells about her young years, I also walked to school, from the age of seven years, 2 kilometers distance, often in -30C degrees during winters! I suppose I looked like a little penguin - stiff with clothes, with my arms out :naughty: When the road wasn't properly cleaned from lots of snow, I used skies - or skates, when changing weather made it icy :aah: The kids nowadays have no idea what we "went through"in the old days - they're now brought to school in warm busses - luckily! :blush-anim-cl:

We all have to dress properly in Montreal - I don't intend to freeze myself blue, and maybe get sick! We need to be in good shape - for MIKAs gigs! :wub2:

I hope you'll visit us here up north Deb - that would be nice, and I think you would like our country, which is very beautiful - "hot n' cold"...:wub2:

Love,love

me