Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

same cold? really?

when i look at the temperature in Oslo today,

it is +3 celcius.... it's -22celcius in Montreal, but with the windchill, it feels like -31celcius. Your breath stops for a few seconds as you open your front door. :aah:

3 celcius to me would be like going to Florida on a day like today :yay:

:naughty: I'm not living in Oslo - and I'm not talking about just these days, which are unusual "warm". Where I live, in the countryside of the southern part, we had between - 25 and - 30 celcius during the Christmas days lately. Now we have one meter of snow, and very good temps, right now. Two years ago we had weeks of such terrible temps, as mentioned above !! :sneaky2: So your cold, Canadian winter temps, I've lived with my whole life, that why I say "I'm used to" it...:teehee:

Love,love

me

:shocked:

May I just say, what is WRONG with you people??? Are you :insane:???

Why on earth do you live where it gets that cold?! :blink:

:naughty:

I may complain when we get a cold snap like we've had the last few days, but this is not the norm. If it was, I'd seriously rethink living here!

Aww, but you know I'm just playing with you. Seriously, I'm looking forward to my wintry visit in Montreal in a few weeks, and Scandinavia (Norway in particular) is on my bucket list of places to visit. :thumb_yello:

HA! I meet your -25C to -30C and beat it with -45C to -50C that I lived through for a few years up in Fort McMurray, Alberta. :clap:

We sure like our extremes :wink2:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's that goofy smile on our faces.... isn't it? :naughty:

Indeed :naughty:

:naughty: Well, you really can ask, haha - maybe my answer is: "We're real Vikings"! :teehee: The weather conditions can be quite tough yes - but we also have really HOT summerdays, at least now and then, like last summer :blush-anim-cl:

You have hot summers in Norway? I didn't know that. Finnish summer is rarely hot. It's beautiful though, with light nights etc but rarely really hot.

HA! I meet your -25C to -30C and beat it with -45C to -50C that I lived through for a few years up in Fort McMurray, Alberta. :clap:

How is it possible to breath in -50C degrees? :shocked: I guess Siberia is that cold too. I've never experienced anything like that.

Indeed :naughty:

You have hot summers in Norway? I didn't know that. Finnish summer is rarely hot. It's beautiful though, with light nights etc but rarely really hot.

How is it possible to breath in -50C degrees? :shocked: I guess Siberia is that cold too. I've never experienced anything like that.

:wub2: Yes, we might have really good summer temps, like + 30/35 C, at least now and then, as I say. In my taste this's too hot, but it very seldom lasts long :blush-anim-cl: The coldest I've experienced is -38 C, and then you can "hardly breath" normal - so with -50 C I would deny to go outside the house...:naughty:

Love,love

me

Just catching up on the thread. I am pretty 'otherwise engaged' at the moment and will probably be 'out of it' right up until leaving for Montreal. However, I am REALLY looking forward to it, and to meeting friends old and new. I have just caught up.... The chat about weather is interesting! Theresa - remember what we put ourselves through that night in Swizerland as we waited for Mika? :naughty:

Just catching up on the thread. I am pretty 'otherwise engaged' at the moment and will probably be 'out of it' right up until leaving for Montreal. However, I am REALLY looking forward to it, and to meeting friends old and new. I have just caught up.... The chat about weather is interesting! Theresa - remember what we put ourselves through that night in Swizerland as we waited for Mika? :naughty:

I guess if the same outcome was in store for us in Montreal I'd brave the freezing cold. :teehee:

Mmmmmm..... :wink2:

Kath, will you be joining us on the 11th for the MFC get-together?

:shocked:

May I just say, what is WRONG with you people??? Are you :insane:???

Why on earth do you live where it gets that cold?! :blink:

What is wrong with us?? Are you forgetting that we are the hat to the USA, so you guys don't get too cold? :naughty:

We live here because it is great for the skin... it's so cold out there that we get no wrinkles! We just freeze in place :aah:

To tell you the truth, i do not mind the cold at all... i don't mind -22 celcius... as long as there's no wind! i HATE cold wind! :sneaky2:

Kath, will you be joining us on the 11th for the MFC get-together?

Yes, definitely. :thumb_yello: sorry, do I need to do anything?

It's probably best to PM me at present if anyone wants to talk to me directly as I may miss things in the threads.

But essentially, anything that Theresa says she is doing.... I am doing too. :blush-anim-cl:

OMG! It's just a month away!!! :excite:

Ahem. :blush-anim-cl:

I don't mean to clutter up the travel plans discussion with chit-chat about this, but I thought that everyone who ought to be involved in what I'm proposing below will be reading this thread. Hope that's OK.

So... several of us have thought that it would be nice to send Mika flowers for his dressing room in Montreal. We realize this trip is expensive enough for those of you traveling from abroad, and we don't want to overburden you with yet another expense. But if you'd like to contribute, you can -- with as little or as much as you can afford. Just send me a PM with the amount you can chip in! Then we can make arrangements for you to Paypal me (or pay me in person when you see me!).

I'm just putting this out there for those MFCers who will actually be in Montreal, think that makes the most sense.

Again, sorry for hijacking the travel plans discussion -- just PM me if you're interested in contributing so we have an idea of how much money we're working with. :thumb_yello:

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion about frigid Montreal!

I don't mean to clutter up the travel plans discussion with chit-chat about this, but I thought that everyone who ought to be involved in what I'm proposing below will be reading this thread. Hope that's OK.

So... several of us have thought that it would be nice to send Mika flowers for his dressing room in Montreal. We realize this trip is expensive enough for those of you traveling from abroad, and we don't want to overburden you with yet another expense. But if you'd like to contribute, you can -- with as little or as much as you can afford. Just send me a PM with the amount you can chip in! Then we can make arrangements for you to Paypal me (or pay me in person when you see me!).

I'm just putting this out there for those MFCers who will actually be in Montreal, think that makes the most sense.

Again, sorry for hijacking the travel plans discussion -- just PM me if you're interested in contributing so we have an idea of how much money we're working with. :thumb_yello:

Oh that would be lovely especially knowing how he loves flowers.:wub2:

Can you give us an idea of how much would be good per person. And then if we can afford about or below that, then that would be fine.

Can you give us an idea of how much would be good per person. And then if we can afford about or below that, then that would be fine.

treasa, there's no set amount, i think it's what you think you can afford....

if it's $5 or $2 or $10, it's really up to you.

:naughty: it's actually quite warm this morning.. only -8 celcius... feels like -16c with windchill factor.

That's almost like Florida... isn't it? :naughty:

BRILLIANT IDEA ! I live in the quartier des spectacles. I would love to contribute :)

My friend just pointed out to me yesterday that OSM released a handful of tickets on sale (Chorus area) for the price of 50 bucks !

Has anybody familiar with the venue experienced the chorus? I heard the acoustics weren't optimal. Thoughts? I'm tempted to buy a ticket for the third night....

treasa, there's no set amount, i think it's what you think you can afford....

if it's $5 or $2 or $10, it's really up to you.

That's right, Treasa -- whatever amount works for you. Obviously, the amount we get will determine the size of the bouquet or arrangement.

BRILLIANT IDEA ! I live in the quartier des spectacles. I would love to contribute :)

Great!

My friend just pointed out to me yesterday that OSM released a handful of tickets on sale (Chorus area) for the price of 50 bucks !

Has anybody familiar with the venue experienced the chorus? I heard the acoustics weren't optimal. Thoughts? I'm tempted to buy a ticket for the third night....

Sorry, no idea.

I haven't experienced it personally but if you have tickets for other shows that enable you to experience the full thing, I would say why not? It's a cheap way to be part of the event.

good idea:huglove:

:wub2:

That's a wonderful idea. I'm sure Mika will love this. I'm sending you a pm right away. :thumb_yello:

I don't know why but I am SUPER nervous about traveling to this show, I think I am having more anxiety than excitement. I know that once I am there it will be different but as of right now I am like having anxiety attacks over it >.> and I'm not even traveling far lmaooo. I'm merely coming from just outside toronto, Im not even nervous about traveling to montreal Im just afraid Ill get lost at Toronto Union Station and never find the train platform I need to find T_T So scary T_T. Wish I had a buddy who knew the area...

I don't know why but I am SUPER nervous about traveling to this show, I think I am having more anxiety than excitement. I know that once I am there it will be different but as of right now I am like having anxiety attacks over it >.> and I'm not even traveling far lmaooo. I'm merely coming from just outside toronto, Im not even nervous about traveling to montreal Im just afraid Ill get lost at Toronto Union Station and never find the train platform I need to find T_T So scary T_T. Wish I had a buddy who knew the area...

i'm going to Toronto by train for the first time this weekend.

I'll let you know how interesting Union Station is :naughty: