Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

I booked relatively expensive hotels this time, as my husband and my son need it a bit more comfortable than me when i'm travelling on my own. :teehee: in the latter case i'd probably be staying at the travelodge or similar.

Maybe you could team up with saskia, dunno if she's booked the hotel meanwhile... or a few pages ago a mfcer from montreal offered couch surfing. ;)

Be carefull with the sim cards because I've experienced some trouble when I bought one the first time I went to Montreal.

I guess it depends of the phone you use and mostly if your actuall phone is locked or not. For instance, Iphones are "simcard locked" in Switzerland, which means that whenever you try to put another one in your phone it won't work because your phone is protected (a very clever way from Apple to make sure you can't give your phone to anybody and to force you to ask for their services and pay for it :aah: here you can only "de-simlocked" your Iphone if it's 2 years old or more....). Be sure it's not the case with German phones too before bying a card in Canada.

I ended up with a bright new simcard but no way to make it work in Canada except for trying to have it de-simlocked calling Apple in Switzerland but I gave up before that :teehee:

eventually their are small shop that de-lock you phone if you pay for it but it depends of the version of your phone. My phone was too new and they couldn't change anything on it... I've seen several of those shops in Montreal, their must be some in Toronto too i think.

Anway, I guess it's only an Apple thing so if you don't have an Iphone or if your phone is not simlocked you won't have any trouble changing the sim card I guess :wink2:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gosh, I can't believe it - just booked the flights :shocked:

do you even have tickets for the shows yet? :teehee: happy to see you there! :biggrin2:

thanks nanou - but i have a samsung galaxy, hubby even has one with 2 sim cards, so we're fine regarding simlock. :thumb_yello:

do you even have tickets for the shows yet? :teehee: happy to see you there! :biggrin2:

thanks nanou - but i have a samsung galaxy, hubby even has one with 2 sim cards, so we're fine regarding simlock. :thumb_yello:

Yes, for all three evenings...:shocked:

Can't believe it...:shocked:

Yes, for all three evenings...:shocked:

Can't believe it...:shocked:

:thumb_yello: Congratz - well done to fix it all :blush-anim-cl: It's so exciting to see all these MFCers confirming that they'll be in Montreal :wink2: Up to now it has only been familiar names, from posts here - at least for me. The only person I've met so far is Nina...:wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Congratz - well done to fix it all :blush-anim-cl: It's so exciting to see all these MFCers confirming that they'll be in Montreal :wink2: Up to now it has only been familiar names, from posts here - at least for me. The only person I've met so far is Nina...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I'll be meeting everyone for the first time too and I honestly can't decide whether I'm more stoked for the concerts or for the MFC meet up lol, Mika probably has no clue how excited his fans get to meet each other LOL!!!

One of the main reasons I am excited about going is to meet many who have been just fantastic this past year. I doubt I will get to Europe anytime soon, so being able to meet friends from there (and other places) means a lot to me.

I'll be meeting everyone for the first time too and I honestly can't decide whether I'm more stoked for the concerts or for the MFC meet up lol, Mika probably has no clue how excited his fans get to meet each other LOL!!!

:thumb_yello: I agree - it's how I feel about it too. MIKA should be proud - being able to get people from all over the world, get together - like UN ...:wub2::mikadas:

Love,love

me

I will be flying in on Tuesday morning and leaving Friday afternoon (not that anyone asked) - if anyone else is going to be around YUL during those times, it'd be great to bump into you!

All you lucky people who can swing being there a whole week - fantastic! - I hope you have a great time. My holiday actually begins Saturday, when I head from Spokane to Seattle and spend a couple of days with an old friend before I come to see you all! And I will probably stay there until Saturday night. It's going to be so nice to get some time away!

Edited by Kezza

We'll arrive by train on saturday, but also leaving friday evening via plane - so lol, we could have another little meetup friday at the airport. :teehee:

seems so:naughty:

we ( Chrissie and me) arrive friday 6.th noon and will be waiting for graciosa and her family, they will arrive afternoon. And fly back on friday 13 th afternoon

Edited by Littlelady

Perhaps there should be a MFC meeting point at the airport on the Friday ... Sounds like it will be a steady stream.

We arrive Sunday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon.

But we can come to the airport at Friday and wave goodbye to all of you. :naughty: