Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

i have to work on Thursday Deb... and the restaurant is not opened evenings, only day time. (see opening hours on the site)

I meant for lunch -- after the Grevin museum, which I assume we'd do in the a.m.

But aren't you going to take a day off to play with all of your MFC friends? I mean, how often do we get to your city??? Pretty please? :puppy_eyes:

That's a shame Guy.

But if we could work round the times Deb some of us could go for lunch?

Yes, absolutely!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I meant for lunch -- after the Grevin museum, which I assume we'd do in the a.m.

But aren't you going to take a day off to play with all of your MFC friends? I mean, how often do we get to your city??? Pretty please? :puppy_eyes:

Yes, absolutely!

Being self employed, it's a big deal for me to take 1/2 a day off.. which i'm doing on Wednesday... + i'm leaving early on Tuesday & Thursday :(

And i really don't like wax museums :no: they are creepy XD

You should... Smoked meat is a Montreal specialty.

It's not a fancy place or anything, but it's a Montreal landmark

Yes, the tour guide on our trip was saying that you hadn't been to Montreal if you hadn't tried smoked meat.

Shame for the vegetarians. :naughty:

It's almost 8am. We did breakfast hours ago. Is it lunch time yet?

I wanna know if it's bedtime already. :naughty:

We found our hotel after searching for it for a while in this lovely Montreal weather. We're defrosting now. freezinsmile2.gif:teehee:

I wanna know if it's bedtime already. :naughty:

We found our hotel after searching for it for a while in this lovely Montreal weather. We're defrosting now. freezinsmile2.gif:teehee:

I have felt like it should be bedtime all day :naughty:

Searching for things in this weather is no fun is it. Glad you found it ok. Are you still ok to meet up at 7?

Hi Everyone,

are you thinking of any meeting on the 11th for the Fan club before the show?

I would love to meet some of you,

Looking forward to hearing back,

Heloisa

Hi Heloisa:bye:

I don't think that Guy, who has done the organising, is online just now but I am sure she will answer your post the next time that she is on. :thumb_yello:

I have felt like it should be bedtime all day :naughty:

Searching for things in this weather is no fun is it. Glad you found it ok. Are you still ok to meet up at 7?

Yes ... we're looking forward to meet you and Theresa and Sharon at 7. :thumb_yello:

Oh yeah! MFCers are arriving!

I can't believe this is happening for real... In my city!

:thumb_yello: I have arrived too - nice flights, but too many hours waiting in A'dam :teehee: Pretty exhausted after being awake for 24 hours now - so early in bed tonight - and out on the streets tomorrow :blush-anim-cl: Looking forward to meet you all ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

If you want a real Montreal experience, go here for lunch today or tomorrow.

This restaurant has been opened since 1928. 2 or 3 years ago, Celion Dion & her husband bought it (or became partners) but they haven't changed a thing

http://schwartzsdeli.com/ca/en/

They are not opened for supper.

I am being taken there after my arrival by my friend who is picking me up at the airport. I am very excited to try their food - Donald swears by it!

I never saw any set plans, just that a lot of us wanted to go on Thursday to see Wax Mika because seeing Real Mika 3 days in a row isn't enough. :wub2:

Anyhow, if there are firms plans for this jaunt anywhere, someone please send them to me, too! :wink2:

Ooh, will you take me here? Maybe Thursday, after the Grevin, since Wednesday I'll be saving my tummy for the big party! :excite:

Did you get the info re the Grevin, Deb? I have a friend arriving late in the morning - if someone is still setting up this group of wax wanderers, can we please set it up for the afternoon, so she can join us? We could always plan to do lunch before we go, if anyone is OK with that?

Edited by Kezza

Did you get the info re the Grevin, Deb? I have a friend arriving late in the morning - if someone is still setting up this group of wax wanderers, can we please set it up for the afternoon, so she can join us? We could always plan to do lunch before we go, if anyone is OK with that?

I was thinking afternoon too.

Also since a lot of people expressed interest spread throughout the thread maybe we could talk about it at the mfc party instead of trying to gather everyone here again. Unless people want to plan their week ahead of time.

I'm not good at this kind of stuff, I wing my entire life.

Anyways I'm leaving in the morning and can't sleep. >.<

Also since a lot of people expressed interest spread throughout the thread maybe we could talk about it at the mfc party instead of trying to gather everyone here again. Unless people want to plan their week ahead of time.

I'm flexible on Thursday, so I think that's what we'll have to do -- figure it out in person. :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to it!

I'm flexible on Thursday, so I think that's what we'll have to do -- figure it out in person. :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to seeing you Deb... I can't even remember when we last met... NYC maybe in 09? If so, that's forever! :shocked:

Most of my Montreal time is unscheduled but a few events - the MFC gathering, the shows themselves, the wax museum tour - I'd prefer something set up, so those who want to go CAN go, and so that I don't miss my bestie when she shows up! That's my logic, anyway. I am pretty sure people won't be interested in joining me at the bead shops when I go, but anything Moose related, I'd like to know about!

Welcome everyone to our very torpical, exotic and warm city. I hope you all brought your bathing suits and you don't get sunburn... :mf_rosetinted:

Oh darn, I packed like I was going to some cold, frozen place. I guess I'd better reissue my tickets for Superman's Fortress of Solitude...

Welcome everyone to our very torpical, exotic and warm city. I hope you all brought your bathing suits and you don't get sunburn... :mf_rosetinted:

:blush-anim-cl: Thank you very much - I already love your city! :huglove: I feel very much at home here, in the icecold wind, with light snow in the air:teehee: I've been walking around a lot today, to see some of the city - found OSM easily, and also Grevin Museum, but I didn't go inside, will rather see it together with the group on Thursday. I also found Il Pranzetto - and went back there this afternoon, to enjoy a delicious vegetarian pizza :blush-anim-cl:

See you tomorrow guys! ...:wub2:

Love,love

me