Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

I agree - Mika's eyes really are gorgeous! :wub: He's hardly changed since he was a kid.  Well, apart from the hair...

I am eager to see what my grandson looks like when he's older - just not TOO soon! He's only 6 in a few weeks!

MIKA official @mikasounds

@Myspace came on the road with me for 24h in LA. See inside my world for a day bit.ly/1GRsDFT

Dumb question: when he says he'd like to only sing but also has to do radios, tv, press, meet and greets, is he referring to meet and greets with fans? I mean, does he know we call them like that or he doesn't and was maybe referring to something else?

Dumb question: when he says he'd like to only sing but also has to do radios, tv, press, meet and greets, is he referring to meet and greets with fans? I mean, does he know we call them like that or he doesn't and was maybe referring to something else?

When Mika stops to sign autographs for fans who are waiting for him outside, it is NOT a meet and greet. I don't know why Mika fans started calling it that but it has been impossible to change this terminology which leads to confusion when we talk about true M&Gs. :aah: A true M&G has traditionally been a reception for press, VIPs, etc. Lots of booze, appetizers, etc. and the artist is expected to turn up and schmooze (kiss ass :naughty:) with all the VIPs.

In recent years artists have been trying to make more money from touring since people don't buy as many albums as they used to. So they have been basically turning fans into "VIPs" and charging them for it. So instead of standing around socializing with the artist it's more of an assembly line and you are guaranteed certain things like an autograph or a photograph (depending on what you buy).

Mika doesn't do the paid M&Gs but he does have to meet people. A lot of them are fans in the sense that they really like him but they probably know someone in the industry in order to get that kind of access or they won a radio contest etc. During a 2009 tour in North America some MFCers were allowed to be included in these M&Gs at the last minute but the M&Gs had been set up for promotional reasons, not so MFCers could meet Mika.

Occasionally MFC is able to set up a M&G just for MFC. Mika agrees to come and just chat to MFCers. These are few and far between and are often to celebrate his birthday or some other event so I am sure that is not what Mika is referring to when he talks about M&Gs in the context of his promotional obligations.

• Like 2

When Mika stops to sign autographs for fans who are waiting for him outside, it is NOT a meet and greet. I don't know why Mika fans started calling it that but it has been impossible to change this terminology which leads to confusion when we talk about true M&Gs. :aah: A true M&G has traditionally been a reception for press, VIPs, etc. Lots of booze, appetizers, etc. and the artist is expected to turn up and schmooze (kiss ass :naughty:) with all the VIPs.

In recent years artists have been trying to make more money from touring since people don't buy as many albums as they used to. So they have been basically turning fans into "VIPs" and charging them for it. So instead of standing around socializing with the artist it's more of an assembly line and you are guaranteed certain things like an autograph or a photograph (depending on what you buy).

Mika doesn't do the paid M&Gs but he does have to meet people. A lot of them are fans in the sense that they really like him but they probably know someone in the industry in order to get that kind of access or they won a radio contest etc. During a 2009 tour in North America some MFCers were allowed to be included in these M&Gs at the last minute but the M&Gs had been set up for promotional reasons, not so MFCers could meet Mika.

Occasionally MFC is able to set up a M&G just for MFC. Mika agrees to come and just chat to MFCers. These are few and far between and are often to celebrate his birthday or some other event so I am sure that is not what Mika is referring to when he talks about M&Gs in the context of his promotional obligations.

I really had no idea, thanks a lot for your detailed explanation :flowers2:

• Like 1

i love the video, especially what he says in the end. :wub2: and i would say that definitely makes it clear that with meet&greets he means something different than meeting his fans after a show. :teehee:

i love the video, especially what he says in the end. :wub2: and i would say that definitely makes it clear that with meet&greets he means something different than meeting his fans after a show. :teehee:

I preferred asking just to be sure. You never know after all... I've only been to 3 concerts so far and he didn't stop after any of them and I didn't know what meet&greets really were before Christine's explanation... and I even said mine was a dumb question XD

Au spectacle La Verita @ Les Folies-Bergères avec Christian Louboutin. Je vous recommande ce… https://instagram.com/p/4H8gTiTiEk/ 

11378229_1414216092239310_1924103878_n.j

32 seconds agoAu spectacle La Verita @ Les Folies-Bergères avec Christian Louboutin. Je vous recommande ce… https://instagram.com/p/4H8gTiTiEk/ 
Edited by Mikasister

I preferred asking just to be sure. You never know after all... I've only been to 3 concerts so far and he didn't stop after any of them and I didn't know what meet&greets really were before Christine's explanation... and I even said mine was a dumb question XD

I didn't judge you for your question... i'd have wondered the same, if i didn't know him and he hadn't added this comment about his fans in the end, with such shining eyes. :wub2: it's such a shame he only meets his italian fans at signings these days, instead of coming out after gigs. :(

• Like 1

I didn't judge you for your question... i'd have wondered the same, if i didn't know him and he hadn't added this comment about his fans in the end, with such shining eyes. :wub2: it's such a shame he only meets his italian fans at signings these days, instead of coming out after gigs. :(

I think after Italian gigs he would be scared of being trampled in the rush :naughty:

:omg_fans:

Edited by silver

I think after Italian gigs he would be scared of being trampled in the rush :naughty:

:omg_fans:

I thought so, too - but after the milano gig it actually was quite relaxed, had seen much worse! After an hour or so there were mainly mfcers waiting, everyone else had left.

Oh yes I know, don't worry. I was just speaking for the sake of it

I thought so, too - but after the milano gig it actually was quite relaxed, had seen much worse! After an hour or so there were mainly mfcers waiting, everyone else had left.

Indeed! I was expecting much worse too

https://instagram.com/p/4Kk-A3ziHr/?taken-by=mikainstagram

mikainstagramAvec Zazie a Chanson De l'année à Nîmes. On a chanté un duo Dantesque ;) BananaSplit. Et dans quelque minute pour chanter Talk About You

Edited by BiaIchihara

This is how to leave a festival at midnight. En partant hier, en 1f6b4.png, à minuit après Chanson De… https://instagram.com/p/4MPWRCTiFb/ 

11357897_1730677713826586_71876718_n.jpg

Woke up at 7 am like THIS! Now heading to Hyde Park to perform ahead of Kylie's headline gig tonight… https://instagram.com/p/4MNqhrTiCz/ 

11378959_1033767793314758_1773170062_n.j