2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 11 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

You old fans have seen plenty therefore you are 100% aware of what it takes to get and organize stuff for us fans. But I think that even newbies could have a bit of common sense and get to imagine some behind the scenes. I've been around for more than a year by now, not that much, but I do sense that it is not easy to obtain a proper M&G and I do imagine how energy and time consuming is to run a fanclub, not to mention stressful.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I 'know it all' or that my opinion is any more valuable that that of a newer fan. :huglove:

You make some very valid points. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I 'know it all' or that my opinion is any more valuable that that of a newer fan.

It never crossed my mind. We're totally good. And you surely have more experience than us newbies. :biggrin2:

Just a few things I'd like to say after I've read you guys.

Thank you so much to Deb, Guy and everyone who worked to hard through the years so we could have this partnership between Mika, his team and MFC :huglove::group_hug:

Thanks to Mika who certainly had a hard time organizing things his way as the concerts was organized by OSM and still managed to find some time for his fans :wub2:

I'm sorry for fans who couldn't be at the M&G, but as MFC says in its FAQs, meeting Mika after a gig is never garanteed, it depends on so many things among which chance and Mika's schedule (which doesn't depend on him either).

Life is based on chance ( as Sylvie said) , and meeting Mika as well...but there's always another chance, as in life, it is necessary to be patient, unless you get first time luck.

Still many singers don't do any M&G, unlike Mika who truly enjoys meeting his fans.

I've been a Mika fan since I first saw Grace Kelly in February 2007, but it took me years for my first gig (2010) and even more years to talk to him once (2013) :wub2:

But it was all so worth waiting for , as all the best things in life, so for those who haven't met him yet, when your time will come, you will be so happy that you will forget the wait and smile instantly and each time you will think about it , you will smile again with your precious memory,so stay hopeful and be patient because each fan has a Mika moment at some point.

And I'd also like to say that meeting other MFCers in person is such a wonderful feeling that it is as good as meeting Mika :wub2: especially when you finally meet after a long friendship online , that is fabulous :wub2:

Meeting Mika is the cherry on the cake of a gig for sure, but attending a live gig or concert and being able to hug your MFC friends in person is the best cake ever :wub2:

If I could make it to an MFC meeting some day, I'd really love it, I always try to follow them online because my husband doesn't see the point of a no Mika meeting, after not seing the point of Mika at all for years, so now that's one of the things I hope he'll understand in the future.

We're all in this together :wub2: as Mika would say :mikalove: and I love you all MFCers :group_hug: and we are all humans, so not perfect and trying our best, but we all love Mika :wub2:

And I can't wait to meet some of you soon in a coming gig :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Honestly, I first didn't want to talk about it. I mean, I'm a newbie in MCF and I've never seen Mika for real for some reasons, so who am I to do it ? That's why I will not talk about this specifically. I just would like to thanks everybody who take on personal time just to make other people happy :huglove:

Like I said, I've never seen Mika but I know that when I'll be able do go in one of his gig, there will be people with whom I would share some beautiful times. :thumb_yello:

I think this is the most important thing with MCF. This isn't about meet Mika (even if it would be such an amazing thing), this is about meet other people and share with them some incredible things, experiences. :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not really good to express my feeling (especially in English...) but I though I had to do it (for me, I'm pretty sure you could do without :naughty:), so I'm sorry if it's not really the place to write it :fisch:

Anyway thank you again people like Deb, you rock ! :huglove:

First and foremost, Deb and Guy your wonderful. Next GIG the MFC should get you gifts <3.

Second, I think everyone needs to stop the red hot hate in here, I understand the points you are all making but your getting very close to something that would make Mika a very unhappy person. People voiced there feeling's I don't think that is something worth being beaten over the head for. Deb responded and I think her response was perfect and all that was needed.

This comment is perfect! Lots of love and warmth V

Just a few things I'd like to say after I've read you guys.

Thank you so much to Deb, Guy and everyone who worked to hard through the years so we could have this partnership between Mika, his team and MFC :huglove::group_hug:

Thanks to Mika who certainly had a hard time organizing things his way as the concerts was organized by OSM and still managed to find some time for his fans :wub2:

I'm sorry for fans who couldn't be at the M&G, but as MFC says in its FAQs, meeting Mika after a gig is never garanteed, it depends on so many things among which chance and Mika's schedule (which doesn't depend on him either).

Life is based on chance ( as Sylvie said) , and meeting Mika as well...but there's always another chance, as in life, it is necessary to be patient, unless you get first time luck.

Still many singers don't do any M&G, unlike Mika who truly enjoys meeting his fans.

I've been a Mika fan since I first saw Grace Kelly in February 2007, but it took me years for my first gig (2010) and even more years to talk to him once (2013) :wub2:

But it was all so worth waiting for , as all the best things in life, so for those who haven't met him yet, when your time will come, you will be so happy that you will forget the wait and smile instantly and each time you will think about it , you will smile again with your precious memory,so stay hopeful and be patient because each fan has a Mika moment at some point.

And I'd also like to say that meeting other MFCers in person is such a wonderful feeling that it is as good as meeting Mika :wub2: especially when you finally meet after a long friendship online , that is fabulous :wub2:

Meeting Mika is the cherry on the cake of a gig for sure, but attending a live gig or concert and being able to hug your MFC friends in person is the best cake ever :wub2:

If I could make it to an MFC meeting some day, I'd really love it, I always try to follow them online because my husband doesn't see the point of a no Mika meeting, after not seing the point of Mika at all for years, so now that's one of the things I hope he'll understand in the future.

We're all in this together :wub2: as Mika would say :mikalove: and I love you all MFCers :group_hug: and we are all humans, so not perfect and trying our best, but we all love Mika :wub2:

And I can't wait to meet some of you soon in a coming gig :wub2:

I was in Montreal, I went to the second concert...I LOVED IT! I didn't meet Mika and a part of me is super sad about that but I understand that I would be a lucky duck to meet him on my first trip. The gigs were lovely and he was amazing and I can't wait to attend another. I think my favourite part though was meeting all the ladies. It was like meeting a bunch of celebrities! You are all so wonderful and were so friendly, thank you so much for extending such a warm friendly hand. Poor Deb almost didn't eat at the party she was so busy being awesome.

You've all said a lot of very nice things about me, thanks, but obviously I'm no saint and it takes a lot of people -- all the other moderators, as well as all of you -- to make Mika Fan Club work. I'm lucky to get to do what I do for the fan club, and that I've been able to maintain a good working relationship with Mika's team on our behalf. I do what I do because I like to do it and because I can. I hope everyone knows that I try to be as fair as I can be, frequently putting my personal feelings aside. After our 8 years together, I think/hope Mika's team knows that about me, and that's why they trust me. I also hope that's why the MFC in general trusts me. I don't ever want to abuse that trust, it's too important to me.

I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but I also don't want anyone reading here -- members or not -- to think that MFC members in good standing are ever intentionally excluded. That's just not how this all works.

I was in Montreal, I went to the second concert...I LOVED IT! I didn't meet Mika and a part of me is super sad about that but I understand that I would be a lucky duck to meet him on my first trip. The gigs were lovely and he was amazing and I can't wait to attend another. I think my favourite part though was meeting all the ladies. It was like meeting a bunch of celebrities! You are all so wonderful and were so friendly, thank you so much for extending such a warm friendly hand. Poor Deb almost didn't eat at the party she was so busy being awesome.

Can I put this in capital???

Just this whole fan meeting the day before has gotten the poor woman exhausted... And about the meeting... It probably was worse since it was a last minute organization (like every time I guess). I remember when I got out of the concert on the second day, I felt that Deb had this pressure that people were expecting her to do a miracle on that night so we can all meet him. I mean, the woman is not a magician, she's human!

Love you Deb, thanks for everything again, I won't repeat it enough. :huglove:

I answered in French on an other thread where someone was chocked that she didn't get to go to the M&G. I'll repeat it in English because I think it worth it as I didn't really explain my feeling in my reports after I knew that I missed a M&G.

My answer from 2-3 days ago : "I don't know what exactly happened this last night, but I know that Deb was trying very hard every night to get a M&G with Mika for the MFC. Her wish came true on the last nght and it was a surprise, nothing was official anywhere because it WAS a surprise. I'm disappointed too, but we needed to be there a to good moment. I understand you disappointment, I wasn't there too and it's frustrating. Next time will be the good one."

I didn't get to talk a lot with you Deb but I have a slight idea how much you are working for us. I heard at the party last Wednesday that you were trying very hard to get a M&G. I wished it would be at one of the gigs I could attend but I'm the unluckiest girl on earth. :aah: At first I was a lil bit angry, but never against you: I was angry about me because I though I should've go the every gig to have the best chances. Now I calmed down and I'm saying to myself that I did what I could do. As someone said before, there's always a next time anyway. :wink2: Now I can look at the vid from that night and my heart melt when I see people I met last week talking to "the Boss". I'm so happy for them.

I know Kez you didn't say your words in the way people understood it. I know how important it was for you.

At this point, we should move on...

This thread deserves better :shun:

I can't believe it's been over a week already since we got together :wub2:

I know. It just all seems like a dream now. But when I was laying in bed this morning I was thinking about what my ideal day would be if, today, I could relive any day and I concluded that I would have last Thursday again please! It was a great day from the visit to the Grevin in the morning to the brilliant concert experience.

The lesson we've learned, when going to shows like this, always go to the last show and do not complain afterwards.

I agree. I thought all along that if anything was going to happen it would be the Thursday. But of course the difficulty with that plan is that in some cases, like this one, an extra date is announced and so the original last night does not end up being the last night. :doh:

People voiced there feeling's I don't think that is something worth being beaten over the head for.

There are ways to voice one's feelings about not meeting Mika without bringing the M&G organizer's name into it as if she is directly responsible for those feelings of disappointment. Or, as I saw in another thread, someone implying that the M&G was purposely kept secret from her and that people are still hiding the existence of a second M&G that she fantasizes took place on another day. :doh:

Deb responded and I think her response was perfect and all that was needed.

I don't think it was enough. As Deb says it is very important for her that Mika, his team and the members of MFC trust her and know she will not abuse that trust.

Lots of people read these threads. Not just the ones posting here and not just the ones who were in Montreal and saw Deb doing everything she could to make this happen and include everyone who was eligible to attend. I think it is important for everyone to see that members of MFC DO trust her. Not just sit silently by while she is forced to defend her actions in public.

I am not advocating lynching anyone but sometimes things need to be said. I especially think it can never be said enough that newer fans and members of MFC should lower their expectations of meeting Mika at their first gig.

I think I already said it a few times that I´m very very grateful for everything Deb and all the other mods are doing for MFC all the time and I know how much hard work it is to keep this community running.

Deb did everything to let us, who couldn´t be there, feel involved to all what happened in Montreal.

So thank you Deb :huglove: and thank you to all the other who also did their best :huglove: and a special :flowers2:

At this point, we should move on...

This thread deserves better :shun:

I can't believe it's been over a week already since we got together :wub2:

Its honestly wild...its so weird to comment in here and know that I have seen all of your faces and made even more friends >.<. Thank you guy for helping put together that party it was so fun, the restaurant was so great too is there a place that I can say something about it? Like is it represented on a rating website? Service was so wonderful too.

Can I put this in capital???

Just this whole fan meeting the day before has gotten the poor woman exhausted... And about the meeting... It probably was worse since it was a last minute organization (like every time I guess). I remember when I got out of the concert on the second day, I felt that Deb had this pressure that people were expecting her to do a miracle on that night so we can all meet him. I mean, the woman is not a magician, she's human!

Love you Deb, thanks for everything again, I won't repeat it enough. :huglove:

LMAOOO!! It wasn't like she was trying to eat and couldn't get to it but I remember she was talking to me and kat and our food came the salad I believe and she was like "...hmmm...have we started ordering already? darn I was so busy I forgot to order." She just seemed genuinely intent on talking to everyone who had, had a chance to attend <3. I felt very included being a noob in the Mika community I was afraid I would be lost in the sea of familiar faces >.>.

There are ways to voice one's feelings about not meeting Mika without bringing the M&G organizer's name into it as if she is directly responsible for those feelings of disappointment. Or, as I saw in another thread, someone implying that the M&G was purposely kept secret from her and that people are still hiding the existence of a second M&G that she fantasizes took place on another day. :doh:

I don't think it was enough. As Deb says it is very important for her that Mika, his team and the members of MFC trust her and know she will not abuse that trust.

Lots of people read these threads. Not just the ones posting here and not just the ones who were in Montreal and saw Deb doing everything she could to make this happen and include everyone who was eligible to attend. I think it is important for everyone to see that members of MFC DO trust her. Not just sit silently by while she is forced to defend her actions in public.

I am not advocating lynching anyone but sometimes things need to be said. I especially think it can never be said enough that newer fans and members of MFC should lower their expectations of meeting Mika at their first gig.

I do understand all of your opinions and I don't disagree I think the whole situation was poorly stated on some parts but as long as it is cleared up I am happy.

I completely agree it should be pointed out again and again how wonderful Deb has been in organizing everything she has for the last 8 years. I didn't mean to imply not to shower Deb with love I was just afraid this may have been snowballing into something worse. I would also like to express that not all new members expect to be chatting it up with Mika on there first concert lol. I was purely happy I could watch and be a part of the show. I think I was most excited to meet all the ladies who came out. I wish everyone could have made it out >.> but that's a lot of people.

Edited by Salura22

Deb is my hero, and I would follow her anywhere.

In all the years I have known her, she has always gone out of her way to negotiate with TM for us, and get many M&Gs for MFC.

Personally, I think we would be screwed without her.

The lesson we've learned, when going to shows like this, always go to the last show and do not complain afterwards.

well excuse me but I WAS TO THE LAST SHOW.. just did not know about the meet and Greet.. and yes what about moving on and talking about other subjects..since it's done..

well excuse me but I WAS TO THE LAST SHOW.. just did not know about the meet and Greet.. and yes what about moving on and talking about other subjects..since it's done..

How about you sit the hell down and not yell at me? And it is not Deb's fault that you did not get in. I think we established already that Deb did all she could to ensure that as many people as possible got in. Your attitude is horrible as is your sense of entitlement. You are a grown woman, suck it up and act like it. Perhaps if you are graceful about it as Alie is, next time people are more inclined to help you.

Edited by IngievV

In all the years I have known her, she has always gone out of her way to negotiate with TM for us, and get many M&Gs for MFC.

Totally agree with every word, she is my hero as well. We spend a lot of time together last week and I was amazed watching how she personally made sure everyone in the group felt welcome and included. We are very lucky to have her on MFC :wub2:

follow her like this? :naughty:

http://www.cruxcatalyst.com/wp-content/uploads/pied-piper-mice.jpg

How about you sit the hell down and not yell at me? And it is not Deb's fault that you did not get in. I think we established already that Deb did all she could to ensure that as many people as possible got in. Your attitude is horrible as is your sense of entitlement. You are a grown woman, suck it up and act like it. Perhaps if you are graceful about it as Alie is, next time people are more inclined to help you.

yo! «lol» lady see what you just answered me while i was just answering you politlely, while i was almost being attacked here.. You know what you would deserve that Mika's manager see it and then decide.. WHAT ABOUT THAT?.. and for me you can what ever now. i won't pas my afternoon under stupid attack of a foolish woman like you that i don't know.. loll. you are sooo impolite. my God.. You don't deserve my interest..and you dare saythe word «horrible».. well i have to remind you the mirror effect.. when I will surely come back under quiet civilized post,, not yours.. the first post here was okay with me btw, not very the best place lol but respectful.. So respect ok.

yo! «lol» lady see what you just answered me while i was just answering you politlely, while i was almost being attacked here.. You know what you would deserve that Mika's manager see it and then decide.. WHAT ABOUT THAT?.. and for me you can what ever now. i won't pas my afternoon under stupid attack of a foolish woman like you that i don't know.. loll. you are sooo impolite. my God.. You don't deserve my interest..and you dare saythe word «horrible».. well i have to remind you the mirror effect.. when I will surely come back under quiet civilized post,, not yours.. the first post here was okay with me btw, not very the best place lol but respectful.. So respect ok.

If you ladies want to continue this discussion, please continue privately.

If not, then let's move on

I think the best respect we can show to Deb now is to not let this turn into a nasty argument.

We all understand people are disappointed, we've all experienced it at some time since becoming a Mika fan. We also understand the amount of time and effort Deb puts into these things.

And I think Deb has the kindest heart and saw this after the m&g when she was very upset at seeing the disappointment of some people outside the OSM. So I don't think any of this is fair to her right now.

I think the best respect we can show to Deb now is to not let this turn into a nasty argument.

We all understand people are disappointed, we've all experienced it at some time since becoming a Mika fan. We also understand the amount of time and effort Deb puts into these things.

And I think Deb has the kindest heart and saw this after the m&g when she was very upset at seeing the disappointment of some people outside the OSM. So I don't think any of this is fair to her right now.

Very true! I always let myself get carried away, especially when people speak to me in caps. I will just go and whatever now:naughty: