Hello from Amsterdam

Pascale

Hi everyone.

I just became a member of the MFC. About two months ago I discovered Mika. Just by accident because a dutch singer performed a cover of Grace Kelly on tv. I liked the tune and looked up the video at Youtube. Since then I played it hunderds of time because i get so happy by listening to the song and watching the video. I've also watched innummerable other video's that I found in the threads in the Forum. It's amazing how much great material is available through your efforts. Thanks a lot.

I don't very well understand how I could have missed Mika since he had so many hits and tv performances. Also I'm a little bit sad that I can't go to his earlier concerts anymore. But I'm so glad that I found him because he really inspires me to live a creative life, to enjoy life, to take risks and to be kind (not nice) to people (and to learn Italian). I like the development in his (public) character and the way he is changing and searching for new experiences. And I love his music and voice.

Of course I've followed the recent updates about the OSM concerts. It was wonderful to read all the happy reviews. You're unbelievable and I loved the way Mika expressed his feelings about his fans at the Meet and Greet. Hopefully I'll meet some of you at a Mika concert.

By the way I'm dutch and 46.

Love

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. We have a very active Group here called the Oldlings which means over 30, maybe you like to join us :wink2:.

It´s never too late to discover Mika and experience how life changes because of him and MFC is the right place to share your feelings. :teehee:

Hi everyone.

I just became a member of the MFC. About two months ago I discovered Mika. Just by accident because a dutch singer performed a cover of Grace Kelly on tv. I liked the tune and looked up the video at Youtube. Since then I played it hunderds of time because i get so happy by listening to the song and watching the video. I've also watched innummerable other video's that I found in the threads in the Forum. It's amazing how much great material is available through your efforts. Thanks a lot.

I don't very well understand how I could have missed Mika since he had so many hits and tv performances. Also I'm a little bit sad that I can't go to his earlier concerts anymore. But I'm so glad that I found him because he really inspires me to live a creative life, to enjoy life, to take risks and to be kind (not nice) to people (and to learn Italian). I like the development in his (public) character and the way he is changing and searching for new experiences. And I love his music and voice.

Of course I've followed the recent updates about the OSM concerts. It was wonderful to read all the happy reviews. You're unbelievable and I loved the way Mika expressed his feelings about his fans at the Meet and Greet. Hopefully I'll meet some of you at a Mika concert.

By the way I'm dutch and 46.

Love

Welcome to MFC Pascale :huglove:

You have a lovely Mika story :wub2:

Thanks for sharing it :hug::thumb_yello:

Have lots of happy times with us online and at gigs to come :wink2:

See you on the forum and ask if you need any help around here :wink2:

Thanks for your warm welcomes. I've just had a very boring day, sleeping and lying at the couch because I'm ill. But your messages and the last episode of the Voice France brightened up my day.

Good to speak to some Dutchies and Oldlings here. And most of all to Mika fans. None of my friends understand my fascination for Mika although they think it's rather cute that I'm suddenly sort of obsessed by a singer that I didn't know until recently. I don't understand it myself to be honest. :dunno::shocked:

So I just enjoy it and wonder what will happen.

I bought tickets for the festival in Rochefort. I must confess that I'm probably not such a hardcore fan that I''ll queue to get places in the front rows. But you never know. I hope I'll experience some of the excitement that you all write about.

love

ps: Sorry Rian, I just realised that i'm 47 instead of 46. I always forget my age. But I do live in Holland and we sure have Mika in common.

Thanks for your warm welcomes. I've just had a very boring day, sleeping and lying at the couch because I'm ill. But your messages and the last episode of the Voice France brightened up my day.

Good to speak to some Dutchies and Oldlings here. And most of all to Mika fans. None of my friends understand my fascination for Mika although they think it's rather cute that I'm suddenly sort of obsessed by a singer that I didn't know until recently. I don't understand it myself to be honest. :dunno::shocked:

I bought tickets for the festival in Rochefort. I must confess that I'm probably not such a hardcore fan that I''ll queue to get places in the front rows. But you never know. I hope I'll experience some of the excitement that you all write about.

love

ps: Sorry Rian, I just realised that i'm 47 instead of 46. I always forget my age. But I do live in Holland and we sure have Mika in common.

:bye:

Hi, welcome!

I know what you mean about the part i bolded. My friends seem to think its just a phase or something. Thats why the MFC means so much. You're my people! :naughty:

:bye:

Hi, welcome!

I know what you mean about the part i bolded. My friends seem to think its just a phase or something. Thats why the MFC means so much. You're my people! :naughty:

Love ya, girlfriend!

:bye: Hallo Pascale ... welkom bij MFC.

1.gif

Mijn naam is Annemieke en ik ben de world rep voor Nederland. Voor antwoord op eventuele vragen kun je terecht bij de FAQ sectie. Kun je daar het antwoord niet vinden dan kun je altijd bij mij terecht. Ook kun je hier kijken voor meer info: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3931667&postcount=62

Ik hoop dat je een leuke tijd gaat beleven op het forum. :thumb_yello:

En voor het geval je ‘m nog niet gezien hebt, hier is een video waarin Mika in het Nederlands zingt :wub2::

[YOUTUBE]mNuBeGFJrfc[/YOUTUBE]

thanks all. I'm sure going to have fun here. I allready had tons of it.

@Annemieke: veel dank. Ik heb deze clip al ontelbaar veel keren afgespeeld maar heb het net weer opnieuw gedaan. Dit filmpje samen met Grace Kelly (maar vooral ook het contrast tussen de twee) hebben me voorgoed fan gemaakt. Ik smelt als ik dit optreden zie. Ook door de gelukzalige blik van Paul als hij naar Mika kijkt. Net een blij kind. De wereld is even heel mooi tijdens zo'n moment. :huglove:

I hope you feel ok now :hug:

I'm 47 like you and I'll be at Rochefort too :thumb_yello: I'll plan to work a T Shirt with my MFC name , hopefully we'll see each other then :thumb_yello:

I'm sure you'll love Mika live :wub2:

:bye: Hallo Pascale ... welkom bij MFC.

1.gif

Mijn naam is Annemieke en ik ben de world rep voor Nederland. Voor antwoord op eventuele vragen kun je terecht bij de FAQ sectie. Kun je daar het antwoord niet vinden dan kun je altijd bij mij terecht. Ook kun je hier kijken voor meer info: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3931667&postcount=62

Ik hoop dat je een leuke tijd gaat beleven op het forum. :thumb_yello:

En voor het geval je ‘m nog niet gezien hebt, hier is een video waarin Mika in het Nederlands zingt :wub2::

[YOUTUBE]mNuBeGFJrfc[/YOUTUBE]

:swoon::fangurl:

thanks all. I'm sure going to have fun here. I allready had tons of it.

@Annemieke: veel dank. Ik heb deze clip al ontelbaar veel keren afgespeeld maar heb het net weer opnieuw gedaan. Dit filmpje samen met Grace Kelly (maar vooral ook het contrast tussen de twee) hebben me voorgoed fan gemaakt. Ik smelt als ik dit optreden zie. Ook door de gelukzalige blik van Paul als hij naar Mika kijkt. Net een blij kind. De wereld is even heel mooi tijdens zo'n moment. :huglove:

:thumb_yello:

Ben je aanwezig geweest bij de shows van Paul de Leeuw?

:swoon::fangurl:

:mikalove:

:thumb_yello:

Ben je aanwezig geweest bij de shows van Paul de Leeuw?

:mikalove:

No,during the time of the shows, I had no idea who Mika was. I just discovered him a few months ago. I have watched all the shows on YouTube and on "Uitzending gemist" though. They have such a great connection (at least on screen). That Christmas show is insanely unorganized and chaotic but hilarious. I loved the part where Mika met the crying young girl. He looked pretty confused but handled the situation very kindly (left the poor kid alone).

I think you were attending some shows, weren't you?

No,during the time of the shows, I had no idea who Mika was. I just discovered him a few months ago. I have watched all the shows on YouTube and on "Uitzending gemist" though. They have such a great connection (at least on screen). That Christmas show is insanely unorganized and chaotic but hilarious. I loved the part where Mika met the crying young girl. He looked pretty confused but handled the situation very kindly (left the poor kid alone).

I think you were attending some shows, weren't you?

Better late than never to discover Mika. :wink2:

I have attended the Christmas show. It was a great show indeed. I didn't go to the first show in October because I was waiting in front of Paradiso for Mika's gig. :teehee: But these are the only shows I attended in the Netherlands. I've been to several gigs in Europe though and I was one of the lucky MFCers that was able to attend the Montreal gigs. :wub2:

Let's hope for the announcement for some Dutch shows soon. It would be lovely to meet you one day. :thumb_yello:

Hi Pascale,

Good to see there still Dutch Oldling joining the MFC! :thumb_yello:

I'm dutch too, 45 y-o and a Mikafan for 8 years.

I'm not around as much as I used to be but I check MFC every day. Perhaps we'll meet in the Oldlingsthread.

Which singer performered Grace Kelly, was it in X-Factor or something like that?

Hi Pascale,

Good to see there still Dutch Oldling joining the MFC! :thumb_yello:

I'm dutch too, 45 y-o and a Mikafan for 8 years.

I'm not around as much as I used to be but I check MFC every day. Perhaps we'll meet in the Oldlingsthread.

Which singer performered Grace Kelly, was it in X-Factor or something like that?

hi AnnaMariaPetra

Happy to meet you too. Not so many dutch Mikafans anymorenowadays, I guess?

The singer was Simon of Nick and Simon. It was a performance in a sort of game/musicshow. I don't know the name. 'There's no clip of this cover on YouTube as far as I know.

I di'dn't particularly like the cover but the melody of the song intrigued me, so I looked it up on YouTube. I found Mika and the rest is history....:fisch: