Good Wife - Discussion and lyrics

I'm starting to hear "It's just when I was her" or something her. It might have something to do with Sam's wife maybe?  :dunno:

:thumb_yello: "It's just if I was her" - that's what I hear too, and I think he refers to Sam's wife  :wink2:  This wonderful song really gets our brains working, hehe ... :teehee: 

Love,love

me 

What have I started? LOL Thanks guys for your help, I hope in the album version it'll be clear enough to understand without doubts.

• Like 1

What have I started? LOL Thanks guys for your help, I hope in the album version it'll be clear enough to understand without doubts.

You're not alone, we're all curious!

Maybe he'll even include the lyrics of this one in the booklet :naughty:

You're not alone, we're all curious!

Maybe he'll even include the lyrics of this one in the booklet :naughty:

And as booklets always have it right... Oh wait XD

"Just what I've heard"?

that's what I hear too but it feels like I am missing something :dunno:

anyway I am jumping into the "I love it" bandwagon, I can't stop listening to it :wub:

• Like 1

Ah, you're right, he doesn't seem to say ''deserve'', but what is it then? Can the first letter be a R or a W? And then I hear a S right after. Actually my first guess was he says ''It's just what I was..'' and a word I don't understand at all. No idea. I think it's funny that even you native English speakers can't understand what he says at times XD At least you too hear ''Good time friend not just the good time''. I was unsure of that one as well because I honestly don't understand what's supposed to mean. Does it make sense in English?

Yes, it seems like in every video, he turns his head when he sings that bit, or the camera cuts away, so you can't really see.

And I agree with you, it does sound like, "It's just what I was..." and that's why I can only think the word is "told". What word rhymes, or sort of rhymes, with "world"? :blink:

As for that last line, if he really is saying "Good time friend not just the good time," it does make sense. We might say about someone who sleeps around a lot, "Oh yeah, he's/she's a good time." So he's saying that he is a friend in the good times, but not JUST a "good time." In other words, not just someone to fool around with. That's how I interpret it anyway. :original:

• Like 1

Hmm, listening again, maybe it's "it's just what I was served"? That almost makes sense... :blink:

Actually the first time I heard it, I heard it as "it's just what I reserve", so I think maybe it is "just what I was served"... I'm going to stick with that. For now. ;)

I really don't think it has anything to do with "her", sorry. :no:

Hmm, listening again, maybe it's "it's just what I was served"? That almost makes sense... :blink:

Actually the first time I heard it, I heard it as "it's just what I reserve", so I think maybe it is "just what I was served"... I'm going to stick with that. For now. ;)

You might have a point there... Sound like it to me :)

Someone really needs to ask Mika because this is driving me and many of us absolutely crazy.  :hair:  :giveup:  :lmfao:

Yeah for sure. I pounced on him after a gig a few years ago to figure out one line of Good Gone Girl that no one could quite make out :teehee:

• Like 1

Ahahahaha really?? Which line was it?  :aah:  

I'm not sure, but wasn't it "coming at you with a double D bust"? 

Actually we ended up figuring out that ourselves (I just read the thread ) and Mika's helped for that part:

"When she adored ya , the whole room would get to know."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/22192-good-gone-girl-lyrics-discussion/

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Mika explains why he wrote the lyric ‘where have all the gay guys gone?’

At the start of new track Good Guys, the out singer questions: “Don’t be offended, this might seem a little wrong… but where have all the gay guys gone?”
Speaking to Gay.com, Mika explained the meaning behind the song, lamenting the disappearance of his gay role models.
He said: “I found myself in very big business—commercial sessions in big studios my first week of writing for the album. I looked around and said, ‘My god, you guys basically write most of the pop music in the world.’
“And they were all eating takeout, two of them had just been to the gym, and I looked at them a minute and said, ‘That’s great, but… where have all the gay guys gone?’
“They looked at me kind of blank-faced. But really, where have they all gone in the tin-pan alley part of pop music—the writing and the production? I found it funny. They didn’t find it funny at all.
“As I sat down to write, I thought about that conversation and realized it wasn’t as jokey or as dumb as it sounded. It was almost like a message to myself. Where are the people that inspired me when I was 15-years-old, all these heroes that I held up so high?
“Where are they now? Why can’t I truly dare to be like them? How do I capture that?
“How do I be in the canon of those men that truly lived their lives without feeling consequences even if they had to deal with them?
“It was an exciting moment for me thinking, Okay, I’ll do it. I’ll go there. Let me try to be like the person I always wished I’d have the courage to be when I was younger.
“The answer is not the objective; It’s the process of asking and the self-confrontation.”
He also spoke about gay singers who fail to mention sexuality in their lyrics to adopt a broader appeal.
He said: “[Historically] music has been one of the few places where, even with an intolerant society, there’s been freedom of expression.
“Now, from a media perspective, it’s a different thing. Within mainstream media, the ideal is a non-reactivity and not even a mention.
“So, no matter the sexuality or the sex that a singer is singing about in a love song for example, it will not affect the format that the song will fall into—it will not infringe upon any part of one’s commercial success or exposure.”
Sam Smith has previously said he doesn’t mention his sexuality in his music so it can appeal to everyone.

Source: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/05/28/mika-explains-why-he-wrote-the-lyric-where-have-all-the-gay-guys-gone/

Wouldn't this be more fitting in the GG discussion?

Yes, it seems like in every video, he turns his head when he sings that bit, or the camera cuts away, so you can't really see.

And I agree with you, it does sound like, "It's just what I was..." and that's why I can only think the word is "told". What word rhymes, or sort of rhymes, with "world"? :blink:

As for that last line, if he really is saying "Good time friend not just the good time," it does make sense. We might say about someone who sleeps around a lot, "Oh yeah, he's/she's a good time." So he's saying that he is a friend in the good times, but not JUST a "good time." In other words, not just someone to fool around with. That's how I interpret it anyway. :original:

Ah I see, thanks for explaining, now it does make sense

Well, ''deserve'', ''reserve''... they all have ''serve'' in them, so since we seem to agree on the ''it's just what I was'' part, I think you're right and it can be ''served''

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the album version, I realize the beginning is actually: "Oh my god, Sam, what's happened to ya, says his..."

Still not sure about that other word, though. :(

Listening to the album version, I realize the beginning is actually: "Oh my god, Sam, what's happened to ya, says his..."

Still not sure about that other word, though. :(

I now hear "It's just what I was hurled" ..?

• Like 2

I now hear "It's just what I was hurled" ..?

Just received the physical album and it has all the lyrics in the booklet, and it says "It's just what I was hurled" as well :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

Just received the physical album and it has all the lyrics in the booklet, and it says "It's just what I was hurled" as well :thumb_yello:

Are you serious? Guylaine :hi5:

• Like 1

Apparently mika wants to save us discussion time... all the lyrics are in the album booklet! :teehee: Here's the page for good wife.

Ellenowl, the album is already released today in several countries. So ofc there's also already illegal versions on the internet.

20150612_145519.jpg

• Like 2

Oh thank goodness. That was doing my head in. :freak:

Are you serious? Guylaine :hi5:

Haha yes she was right. A (slightly misguided) attempt to rhyme with world. :naughty:

• Like 1

I think he's seen our desperate attempts at understanding him and has decided to make life a little easier for us :naughty:

Well, I'm glad all the lyrics are in the booklet. I always appreciate that.

• Like 1