I thought the same!

:naughty:

I'm hearing "jumps out of the closet at first no parachute"

Oh, maybe, that makes sense.

I'm hearing "jumps out of the closet at first no parachute"

You're almost right: "Jumps out of the closet head first no parachute"

This song is.. different :naughty: But I reaaally like it

• Like 3

Of the songs that I hadn't heard before yesterday, this is my absolute favorite. Quirky, playful, with some pretty interesting lyrics... and that lovely deep voice of Mika's. I always have a hard time choosing just one favorite song on any album, so I won't call it that, but I can tell you that I won't skip over this one like I might some others -- in fact, this is one that I will play 3, 4, 5 times in a row. Which I already did today.  :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

Exciting observation... I was listening to Promiseland and No Place in Heaven on repeat before going to bed but woke up having Oh Girl You Are the Devil playing in my head. Obviously very catchy!  :naughty:

Of the songs that I hadn't heard before yesterday, this is my absolute favorite. Quirky, playful, with some pretty interesting lyrics... and that lovely deep voice of Mika's. I always have a hard time choosing just one favorite song on any album, so I won't call it that, but I can tell you that I won't skip over this one like I might some others -- in fact, this is one that I will play 3, 4, 5 times in a row. Which I already did today.  :thumb_yello:

yes yes yes yes. Agree 100% 

• Like 1

Hi MFCers 

OMG I do really really really love  that one  :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello: 

One of my fav's on the new album (let's say I have 

Christine and Dcdeb, what makes you think about Greg Wells on that song ?

I have not read anything about the album yet :wink2: , just got the Itunes version and am waiting for my physical album in my post box (lack of time)

This song is one of my least faves of the new album (just cuz most of the others are THAT good to me) .....and yet, somehow i keep finding myself dancing around my apartment to this one :blink:

Of the songs that I hadn't heard before yesterday, this is my absolute favorite. Quirky, playful, with some pretty interesting lyrics... and that lovely deep voice of Mika's. I always have a hard time choosing just one favorite song on any album, so I won't call it that, but I can tell you that I won't skip over this one like I might some others -- in fact, this is one that I will play 3, 4, 5 times in a row. Which I already did today. :thumb_yello:

The credits says Clarenece Coffee Jr (the son of a gospel singer) sings backing vocals on this, so i thought he was the one doing the low vocals? Edited by kreacher

This song is one of my least faves of the new album (just cuz most of the others are THAT good to me) .....and yet, somehow i keep finding myself dancing around my apartment to this one :blink:

The credits says Clarenece Coffee Jr (the son of a gospel singer) sings backing vocals on this, so i thought he was the one doing the low vocals?

The pronunciation sounds like him to me. Particularly noticeable on the word "boy" at the end of the song. Or am I just delusional?  :teehee:  

Either way, it's in my top 3 (along with Good Wife and All She Wants)

• 3 weeks later...

The pronunciation sounds like him to me. Particularly noticeable on the word "boy" at the end of the song. Or am I just delusional?  :teehee:  

Either way, it's in my top 3 (along with Good Wife and All She Wants)

I agree. It sounds like the way he sings and pronounces things. But I might share your delusions :aah:

But it sounds like the same voice as on Promiseland, and there all vocals were done by Mika.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree. It sounds like the way he sings and pronounces things. But I might share your delusions :aah:

But it sounds like the same voice as on Promiseland, and there all vocals were done by Mika.

Just wanted to say the exact same !

And so disappointed we didn't have this song live ! :dunno:

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
  • dcdeb changed the title to Oh Girl you're the Devil - Song and Lyrics Discussion
8 minutes ago, Jords said:

I feel as thought the song "Oh girl you're the devil" from MIKA's album, "No Place in Heaven" is highly underrated:)

I agree!

And I've merged your post with the existing thread we had on this song's discussion. I'm sure others will want to join in the conversation on this one! :)

• Like 1