Center of Gravity - Lyrics & Discussion

Elwendin

No one has cracked the lyrics mystery yet?

I'm working on it. :thumb_yello: I'm pretty sure the beginning of the 3rd line is "Stars aligning" not "are lighting."

More listening...

I'm working on it. :thumb_yello: I'm pretty sure the beginning of the 3rd line is "Stars aligning" not "are lighting."

More listening...

Thanks for replying.

Yep, we figured that out after the lyrics were posted, the biggest problem for me while trying to understand them was that they didn't make much sense to me, except for the refrain. I can't wait to read them once you're done.

Since several of you have been wondering, here are the lyrics:

Narcissistic chansonier fighting delusional poetry with electric demons and spiritual fumes

Smiling girls in Ginza style are bowing to the powdered queen and her clever dandy

Stars aligning, renaissance, everything is making sense, I was finding enlightenment, impeccable data,

And now I’m losing control

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, that doesn’t let me think about people and all the world that spins around me

Nothing that matters more

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, so I don’t have to think about people and all the world that spins around me

Over and over again

Mystical and majestic the air in Moscow cathedral a cold winter day, I’m fading away

Alienated coats and ties are walking the city with fake strength to fulfill their mission in living agreement, but they don’t know what is for

I’m still searching for a permanent center of gravity, within an overdose of information in a world that spins around me

I’m still searching for a permanent center of gravity, within an overdose of information in a world that spins around me

Over and over again

You are a woman in love, baby I need your love, I want your love over and over again

• Like 6

Narcissistic chansonier fighting delusional poetry with electric demons and spiritual fumes

Smiling girls in Ginza style are bowing to the powdered queen and her clever dandy

Stars aligning, renaissance, everything is making sense, I was finding enlightenment, impeccable data,

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, that doesn’t let me think about people and all the world that spins around me

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, so I don’t have to think about people and all the world that spins around me

Over and over again

Mystical and majestic the air in Moscow cathedral a cold winter day, I’m fading away

Alienated coats and ties are walking the city with fake strength to fulfill their mission in living agreement, but they don’t know what is for

Over and over again

You are a woman in love, baby I need your love, I want your love over and over again

Thank you :huglove:

• Like 1

Over and over again

Over and over again

Now that I'm able to read the lyrics, I can see how the lyrics are actually really deep. Which makes me love the song even more.  :swoon:

Thanks for putting them up  :hi5:

whole lyrics:

Narcissistic chansonniers fighting delusional poetry with the electric demons and spiritual fugues

Smiling girls gives a start ( in Ginza style/star?) , bowing to the powdered queen and her clever dandy

Stars are lighting renaissance.

Everything is making sense, always(I was ?) finding enlightened impeccable data

And now I'm losing control

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, that doesn't let me think about people in all the world that spins around me

Looking for a perpetual center of gravity, so I don't have to think about people in all the world that spins around me

Over and over again

Mystical and majestic

The air in Moscow cathedral

A cold winter's day

I'm fading away

Alienated cold and dead (coats and ties?) are walking the city with vague strength to fulfill their mission and living agreement

But they don't know what it's for

I'm just searching for a permanent center of gravity within an overdose of information in a world that spins around me

I'm just searching for a permanent center of gravity within an overdose of information in a world that spins around me

Over and over again

Uacciuuariuari

Uacciuuariuari

You are a woman in love

Baby I need your love

I want your love

over and over again

PS: Got these from qq music, not so sure about the lyrics in red. Anyway, enjoy!

Edited by yang

I want to write some words about the original lyric of Franco Battiato's song, that can result absolutely absurd to many of you. :teehee:

Sorry for my imperfect english, I try. :)

Among the many intellectual interests of Franco Battiato (a real genius, for me...an intellectual of our times), there is the passionate study of oriental philosophies and esoteric mystic. In a constant search for spirituality.

Many of the lyrics of Battiato's songs are actually hermetic texts: at fisrt, they can appear as  'nonsense' songs, meaningless, but at a deeper level of analysis between the notes of a song apparently "pop" or "dance", in spite of a catchy refrain, you can discover hidden symbolism and complex references (for example in this song: the novel "Captains Courageous" by Kipling, or the figure of Matteo Ricci, an Italian Jesuit, mathematician and at the same time missionary in China in the late 1500s ).

Here, the "center of permanent gravity" is a state of consciousness, a centering of our being that can observes the outside world and at the same time our deep personality.

It is the deep research of a "true point of center", a point that is only part of our true nature, and not the result of thousand of influences, tastes and cultural conditionings which do not belong to ourselves.

From that point it is possible to start and try to build a true soul.

Once you reach the "real centering", which is an elevation of consciousness, you are able to break away from suffering, from the complaint, fear, stress....

This idea, developed by Battiato in this song, could be a recall to one of the fundamental teachings of the philosophical school of an armenian mystic philosopher studied in deep by Battiato, "Georges Ivanovič Gurdjieff", who developed the "system of awakening" called "Fourth Way" in which the center of gravity is a sort of midway between being mechanical and asleep and the research of the construction of one's soul.

A great way to "see" beyond appearances and not to change your mind about things and people ..

In short, Mika has not chosen to sing a "silly song". :wink2:

Hope you can see this video, a live performance of this song...

thanks for the break down of the lyrics :)... i'm gonna keep that in mind on my next listen, I did a little research on Franco Battiato as he is fairly new to me and were i looked people considered him a genius ,didn't think Mika woud just settle for anything !!!

PS: Got these from qq music, not so sure about the lyrics in red. Anyway, enjoy!

Yang, the lyrics as posted by James above are those found on the actual CD, so I'm pretty sure they are correct. :thumb_yello:

Over and over again

Over and over again

I was just told by dcdeb that this is the correct lyrics from CD, thanks a lot!! :huglove:

• 4 years later...

Listened to this song today and going through this thread and what I gather is that the lyrics are still a mystery, no one's sure if it's 70's or 80's inspired and it's a marmite song. You either love it or hate it. For me I love it! I grew up with David Bowie music so it reminds me a lot of him. The only thing with 'Center of Gravity' is that if I listen to it in full it stays in my head for AGES afterwards! 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Listened to this song today and going through this thread and what I gather is that the lyrics are still a mystery, no one's sure if it's 70's or 80's inspired and it's a marmite song. You either love it or hate it. For me I love it! I grew up with David Bowie music so it reminds me a lot of him. The only thing with 'Center of Gravity' is that if I listen to it in full it stays in my head for AGES afterwards! 😂

This is the original song

• Haha 1