MFC's 10th Anniversary!

dcdeb

MFC 10th Anniversary!   

315 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of celebration would you like to see for the MFC's 10th Anniversary?

• One Big Party, to be held mid-year
    • Several smaller regional parties throughout the year
    • Both!
  2. 2. If we have one big 10th Anniversary Party, where would you like it to be held?

• London
    • Milan
    • Paris
    • New York City
    • Some other city - leave your choice in the comments below.

I love the idea of beginning the célébration in Firenze ,then having some more all around the world,so everybody would have the opportunity to participated ,and closing it with a big one somewhere (Maybe London will be the more symbolic place)in the summer so there'll be possible to stay outside

• Like 3

Just voted!

I'm for London, the birthplace of MIKA and MFC.

I enjoyed MFC pre-show party in London last year and this June, I loved both.

Anyway, I'll be anywhere to celebrate MFC's 10th anniversary!

Edited by NaoMika
  • Like 2

I love the idea of beginning the célébration in Firenze ,then having some more all around the world,so everybody would have the opportunity to participated ,and closing it with a big one somewhere (Maybe London will be the more symbolic place)in the summer so there'll be possible to stay outside

Thats a great idea. I spend a lot of money on  Florence trip so it's almost impossible traveling to London in January but it's ok if ppl decide t do it that month but I think it should be in London.

Just voted!

I'm for London, the birthplace of MIKA 

Nooo,don't tell me you've never heard the story about Beirut!  :shocked:   :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway,I voted considering this poll : http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32455-where-in-the-world-are-you/ Since the highest percent of mfcers members (after Asia) it's from Italy,I voted for Milan. But Deb's idea about regional celebrations in some different cities seems great,this way more fans would be able to join and enjoy the party  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Initially I voted for one big party, but I changed my mind and now I think it would be best to have some smaller regional parties too. Italy and France definitely deserve parties of their own, because there are so many MFC members there, and if the party is just in London, I'm sure a lot of them will feel left out. However, if the party is just in Milan, I'm afraid some British and/or other international fans who already feel like they're "losing" Mika to Italy and France will feel left out as well. So, having a few parties would probably be the best compromise.

I hope I'll be able to make it to the party wherever it is (it also depends on when it is), but I voted for London, both because it's where it all started and because it's probably the most internationally accessible. :)

• Like 3

Oh. My. God. :mfr_omg::fangurl:  :swoon:

I'm so excited !!!!  :woot_jump::swoon: 10th anniversary of the MFC...  :happybday:  !!! 

Plus I'll be in the UK in 2017 !!! It's going to be so good !!! Wherever this will take place I completly agree with the idea ! But I have  to say that I would prefer to do a big party in London and several others all over the world as MFC'ers are coming from every place in the world XD I completly agree with mamiam about the MFC'er Mika choir this would be so amazing !!! I think that London is good for having this because it would allow Mika to have a great party in his hometown and maybe bring some members of his familly (for me Melachi & Amira are entire parts of the familly XD)

BUT PLEASE do not forbid people under 18 because It would be so unfair !!! If they are fans from the very begining of Mika's career they are fans since they are 7 or 8 years old or even younger ! So I think they should be allowed to participate. 

:making-a-wish:

Anyway, My presence will all depends on the location of the party but I really hope I will be able to be there ;-) 

In all case I'll be glad to participate to the online party XD  :group_hug:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MFC

And THANK YOU DEB for getting all of this possible, You're the boss of all MFC'ers and I really am greatfull to you for eveything you've done, everything you're doing, and everything you will do for us <3

:cheer:    :dance_man:   

Initially I voted for one big party, but I changed my mind and now I think it would be best to have some smaller regional parties too. Italy and France definitely deserve parties of their own, because there are so many MFC members there, and if the party is just in London, I'm sure a lot of them will feel left out. However, if the party is just in Milan, I'm afraid some British and/or other international fans who already feel like they're "losing" Mika to Italy and France will feel left out as well. So, having a few parties would probably be the best compromise.

I hope I'll be able to make it to the party wherever it is (it also depends on when it is), but I voted for London, both because it's where it all started and because it's probably the most internationally accessible. :)

Great comment. I'm totally agree with you.  :wink2:

• Like 1

You are right,it depends when it is,before or after the Brexit. Now we can travel in the UK only with our ID,like for the rest of Europe,after Brexit we might need a passport,and maybe a visa,from what I read on media. It depends on what rules will be negotiated at Bruxelles,and how accessible will be London for the rest of the countries  :wink2:

You are right,it depends when it is,before or after the Brexit. Now we can travel in the UK only with our ID,like for the rest of Europe,after Brexit we might need a passport,and maybe a visa,from what I read on media. It depends on what rules will be negotiated at Bruxelles,and how accessible will be London for the rest of the countries  :wink2:

True, I haven't really thought of that! But even if the negotiations are very quick, I doubt Brexit could happen before the middle of 2017. Perhaps that's all the more reason to choose London now, while we still can: it might be much less convenient to meet there for our 15th anniversary! ;)

• Like 1

True, I haven't really thought of that! But even if the negotiations are very quick, I doubt Brexit could happen before the middle of 2017.

That's true. Well,the most important is what the majority will prefer,I'm sure it will be a great party,whatever will be  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Nooo,don't tell me you've never heard the story about Beirut!  :shocked:   :mf_rosetinted:

Ah, I meant that MIKA as an pop singer was born in London. Sorry I should use the word "birthplace" more carefully.

Don't worry,I was just kidding  :)  

• Like 1

For those of you who bring up Brexit, I'll admit I never even thought of that. But I doubt that any changes are going to happen that quickly... at least from what I've read, it doesn't sound like they will. :dunno:

I'll admit that I'm lobbying for London for selfish reasons -- it's truly my favorite city in the world, and since MFC and Mika both got their start there, it is my sentimental choice.

However, I haven't been to Italy in years, and I've never been to Milan. And it's been more than 10 years since I was in Paris... so I'm overdue.

I have put forth the idea that a special concert for MFC by a certain pop star would be nice. As you might imagine, the idea was met with :tumbleweed:

Of course, if that should happen, it would determine where and when the party was held, for sure. 

We'd better not hold our breath for that, though. :aah:

• Like 12

For those of you who bring up Brexit, I'll admit I never even thought of that. But I doubt that any changes are going to happen that quickly... at least from what I've read, it doesn't sound like they will. :dunno:

I'll admit that I'm lobbying for London for selfish reasons -- it's truly my favorite city in the world, and since MFC and Mika both got their start there, it is my sentimental choice.

However, I haven't been to Italy in years, and I've never been to Milan. And it's been more than 10 years since I was in Paris... so I'm overdue.

I have put forth the idea that a special concert for MFC by a certain pop star would be nice. As you might imagine, the idea was met with :tumbleweed:

Of course, if that should happen, it would determine where and when the party was held, for sure. 

We'd better not hold our breath for that, though. :aah:

That would be fantastic, then I would make a special effort to attend it but it should be not close to the Florence gig to save money for another trip where the gig takes place

• Like 1

I love the idea of one big celebration and people coming there from all over the world and think as well that London would be the most suitable simply being his home (and of course also the starting point for MFC) but it might not get enough votes and will naturally be happy to see everyone where ever it will happen  :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

How come Glasgow isn't on the list?

It's where the petition to make MFC official was given to Mika, so I'd of thought it would be the perfect place to hold the event.

• Like 1

I love the idea of one big celebration and people coming there from all over the world and think as well that London would be the most suitable simply being his home (and of course also the starting point for MFC) but it might not get enough votes and will naturally be happy to see everyone where ever it will happen  :thumb_yello:

Actually, it wasn't. Glasgow has more claim to that.