MFC's 10th Anniversary!

dcdeb

MFC 10th Anniversary!   

315 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of celebration would you like to see for the MFC's 10th Anniversary?

• One Big Party, to be held mid-year
    • Several smaller regional parties throughout the year
    • Both!
  2. 2. If we have one big 10th Anniversary Party, where would you like it to be held?

• London
    • Milan
    • Paris
    • New York City
    • Some other city - leave your choice in the comments below.

Oh. My. God. :mfr_omg::fangurl:  :swoon:

I'm so excited !!!!  :woot_jump::swoon: 10th anniversary of the MFC...  :happybday:  !!! 

Plus I'll be in the UK in 2017 !!! It's going to be so good !!! Wherever this will take place I completly agree with the idea ! But I have  to say that I would prefer to do a big party in London and several others all over the world as MFC'ers are coming from every place in the world XD I completly agree with mamiam about the MFC'er Mika choir this would be so amazing !!! I think that London is good for having this because it would allow Mika to have a great party in his hometown and maybe bring some members of his familly (for me Melachi & Amira are entire parts of the familly XD)

BUT PLEASE do not forbid people under 18 because It would be so unfair !!! If they are fans from the very begining of Mika's career they are fans since they are 7 or 8 years old or even younger ! So I think they should be allowed to participate. 

:making-a-wish:

Anyway, My presence will all depends on the location of the party but I really hope I will be able to be there ;-) 

In all case I'll be glad to participate to the online party XD  :group_hug:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MFC

And THANK YOU DEB for getting all of this possible, You're the boss of all MFC'ers and I really am greatfull to you for eveything you've done, everything you're doing, and everything you will do for us <3

:cheer:    :dance_man:   

I´m sorry but this party isn´t a party for Mika and I´m pretty sure he or parts of his family won´t come to this. This party is for us fans so don´t put your hopes to high for seeing him there :wink2:

• Like 1

Glasgow is just as easy to get to as London.

For people coming from abroad London is definitely easier, most people fly to London and to get to Glasgow need to take a train or an extra flight.

No, the MFC existed before we gave the petition to Mika in Glasgow. MikaFanClub.com was started by a guy who lived in Brighton, I think it was. In any case, nearer to London than to Glasgow.

So what happened to the guy who started MFC? 

Edited by tiibet

I´m sorry but this party isn´t a party for Mika and I´m pretty sure he or parts of his family won´t come to this. This party is for us fans so don´t put your hopes to high for seeing him there :wink2:

Exactly but I think this is what some ppl, newbies or ppl who is not used to be in the forum think, that Mika will be there. 

• Like 1

No, the MFC existed before we gave the petition to Mika in Glasgow. MikaFanClub.com was started by a guy who lived in Brighton, I think it was. In any case, nearer to London than to Glasgow.

Maybe if you're already in the UK it is, but not if you're coming from elsewhere. For example, it's far easier for me to get to London -- to get to Glasgow I'll need to change planes in London, anyhow.

So we need a pyjama party in Brighton's beach

:naughty::camping::mfr_lol:

I like that idea a lot  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hahaha yes i know it but i use to wish for things and SOMETIMES it happens ;-) I'm just optimistic XD it already lead me to three concert and another Mika meeting so i guess that it has been usefull XD

For people coming from abroad London is definitely easier, most people fly to London and to get to Glasgow need to take a train or an extra flight.

Sunny Monkey, he had to give it up for some reason.

Exactly but I think this is what some ppl, newbies or ppl who is not used to be in the forum think, that Mika will be there.

I know that he probably won't be here ;-) i'm quiet familiar with the MFC now ;-)

I know that he probably won't be here ;-) i'm quiet familiar with the MFC now ;-)

Ohh, Im not saying that for you. I use to see you around here, but I see new names here and Im sure only for voting. Anyway, I guess everyone is free to do what they want.

Sunny Monkey, he had to give it up for some reason.

Sunny Monkey actually sold the domain -- I don't think he *had* to give it up so much as he realized it was lucrative, because Mika was so hot in the UK at the time. :dunno:  As I recall, he also started a fan club site similar to MFC for another group... I think it was Scouting for Girls, maybe?

The second owner of the site was Dean Hunt. The site was eventually sold to Mika, sometime in early 2008.

I started a history of the MFC HERE a long time ago. Guess I should update it.

• Like 2

Oh, and I should add, very clearly, that Mika is NOT going to be part of our anniversary celebration, wherever it may be held. :no:

We were just joking earlier, saying wouldn't it be nice if... but as of this moment I'm 100 percent sure that it won't happen. :naughty:

• Like 3

I have read all of the above. I would love it to be in Glasgow obviously but know that that is highly unlikely. About as likely as Mika doing a gig in Scotland :teehee:

I would be very happy to see it in London in the middle of the year. However, if Mika was thinking of gracing us with one of his theatre gigs next year that would obviously be the ideal time to do it.

Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Looking forward to it! :)

• Like 3

I'm leaning towards selecting the "Both" option, because it means that there can be smaller meet-ups of fans throughout the world

If we went for a big party in London, for example, there is no reason why there can't be a smaller party (or parties) elsewhere in the UK.

You could have a party in Rome as well as Milan (probably more places too, seeing how many Italian fans there are atm :naughty:)

• Like 8

And I'd like to meet you again  :)

I would love that, too! The reason I'm considering this trip at all is that I would love to see some people from MFC in person finally.

I had no idea you needed a visa to get to the UK from Serbia! I can definitely understand why you'd prefer Milan then. Milan is closer to me than London too, but I thought London was easily accessible for more people -- but maybe not.

Definitely not for me, as there are no flights to Glasgow from where I live, while there are plenty of flights to London. :)

You wouldn't believe what kind of documents they want from us when applying for visa. :sneaky2:  It's humiliating and really expensive. So my option is not to think about London. :tears:

• Like 1

I would love that, too! The reason I'm considering this trip at all is that I would love to see some people from MFC in person finally.

You wouldn't believe what kind of documents they want from us when applying for visa. :sneaky2:  It's humiliating and really expensive. So my option is not to think about London. :tears:

That's a shame. :( I guess Brexit won't affect you negatively then, since things are already bad. Too bad there probably aren't enough of us from ex-Yugoslavia to have a party for ourselves, but hopefully we'll see each other at one in Italy, whether it's the big party or a smaller one. :)

For those of you who bring up Brexit, I'll admit I never even thought of that. But I doubt that any changes are going to happen that quickly... at least from what I've read, it doesn't sound like they will. :dunno:

I'll admit that I'm lobbying for London for selfish reasons -- it's truly my favorite city in the world, and since MFC and Mika both got their start there, it is my sentimental choice.

However, I haven't been to Italy in years, and I've never been to Milan. And it's been more than 10 years since I was in Paris... so I'm overdue.

I have put forth the idea that a special concert for MFC by a certain pop star would be nice. As you might imagine, the idea was met with :tumbleweed:

Of course, if that should happen, it would determine where and when the party was held, for sure. 

We'd better not hold our breath for that, though. :aah:

Thank you Deb :hug: I'm trying not to hold my breath for that, but I have to admit it's hard to stop my daydreaming now :fangurl::pray::bow:  :excite::squirrel::teehee:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

I'm so sorry Nena :hug::itsok:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Just wondering where he is and if he is still a fan. He must have been a big fan starting a fan club.

He was, a lovely guy. And his girlfriend too, met her at The Culture Show recording that year.

• Like 1