MFC's 10th Anniversary!

dcdeb

MFC 10th Anniversary!   

315 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of celebration would you like to see for the MFC's 10th Anniversary?

• One Big Party, to be held mid-year
    • Several smaller regional parties throughout the year
    • Both!
  2. 2. If we have one big 10th Anniversary Party, where would you like it to be held?

• London
    • Milan
    • Paris
    • New York City
    • Some other city - leave your choice in the comments below.

The 

Sunny Monkey actually sold the domain -- I don't think he *had* to give it up so much as he realized it was lucrative, because Mika was so hot in the UK at the time. :dunno:  As I recall, he also started a fan club site similar to MFC for another group... I think it was Scouting for Girls, maybe?

The second owner of the site was Dean Hunt. The site was eventually sold to Mika, sometime in early 2008.

I started a history of the MFC HERE a long time ago. Guess I should update it.

The Hoosiers :thumb_yello:

Ahhh, Deano, another lovely chap  :)

Edited by RAK1

Wow, guys!

10 whole years! I completely remember our baby photo poster when we celebrated our one year anniversary!!

I am truly in shock that is has been that long. 

I would love to join, but as most of you know, I am all the way from South Africa, so about 10 - 15 hours of flying time away depending on the location you choose, plus I spent all my savings going to see him in Lake Como (for the first time, absolutely worth it).

I will celebrate by myself and hopefully win an online competition if it is open to me!

Yay!

For people coming from abroad London is definitely easier, most people fly to London and to get to Glasgow need to take a train or an extra flight.

So what happened to the guy who started MFC?

He sold it and ran off into the sunset with the money.

On the Glasgow topic, flights to Glasgow are waaaay more expensive than to London.

I'm sadly unable to attend (Australia lol) but I am feeling so pumped for the celebrations! Can't wait!! I hope you all enjoy the party/ies that will take place :fangurl: I'll take part in the online party :D

This is so lovely, 10 years of Mika and some of us are new fans but nonetheless, it's so special to celebrate 10 years of Mika spreading love around :wub2:

For those of you who bring up Brexit, I'll admit I never even thought of that. But I doubt that any changes are going to happen that quickly... at least from what I've read, it doesn't sound like they will. :dunno:

I'll admit that I'm lobbying for London for selfish reasons -- it's truly my favorite city in the world, and since MFC and Mika both got their start there, it is my sentimental choice.

However, I haven't been to Italy in years, and I've never been to Milan. And it's been more than 10 years since I was in Paris... so I'm overdue.

I have put forth the idea that a special concert for MFC by a certain pop star would be nice. As you might imagine, the idea was met with :tumbleweed:

Of course, if that should happen, it would determine where and when the party was held, for sure. 

We'd better not hold our breath for that, though. :aah:

:shocked: My idea, about a private concert with MIKA,  at the MFC's 10th anniversary, was seriously ment - but met with  :tumbleweed: - OK  :(

I think that the MFC, both the administration, and the members, deserve a little special and private concert with our popking - for being faithful supporters, all these years :)  And I wouldn't be surprised if MIKA said "YES :thumb_yello: That's my gift to your celebration!"   :teehee:   :wub:  Call it wishful thinking, or whatever...  :wink2:   :fisch:  

Love, love

me 

Edited by mamiam

Hello everyone, it's great that the club already has ten years, I'm just a fan since 2013. I voted for London, for the same reasons you have already commented. But, in addition to an anniversary party, would not be bad at a private concert. We expect news soon. Thank you

• Like 1

With so many from the MFC going to Florence in December, I'm sure that the fans will be organizing a get-together there. I think that will be the logical official kick-off of our 10th Anniversary Celebration! :yay:

If Florence already owns the official kick-off , IMO ,it would be fair to choice another country for the big celebration (even if Italian fans community is huge and Italy a wonderfull country to visit)

• Like 2

Great idea!

My opinion : It doesn't matter where and how as long as Mika will be part of it (present there), ...cause for some of MFC parties, when i asked, i was told that he won't came 'cause "he was not invited",

so yeah.. :0).. Otherwise is like the official video for " Elle me dit".

Just saying...

10 years!!! It's a great achievement!! :yay:

I voted for both, big party and smaller regional parties. Even if I'm italian and I couldn't be there, I think that the big party it would be better in London because it's the Mika hometown. Then it would be nice to do smaller parties in others countries to satisfy the fans who can't go to the big party :)

• Like 1

10 years!!! It's a great achievement!! :yay:

I voted for both, big party and smaller regional parties. Even if I'm italian and I couldn't be there, I think that the big party it would be better in London because it's the Mika hometown. Then it would be nice to do smaller parties in others countries to satisfy the fans who can't go to the big party :)

And  where MFC has its origins   :wink2:

• Like 1

Hello, Belgium calling! Catching up on MFC and bouncing onto Debs idea which is without saying a great idea! :thumb_yello:  I hope it will be a great party with lots of bells and whistles  :yay:  especially for those who have organised and lead MFC for 10 years already. So, of course something special should be in order. I think maybe it would be a (humble) idea that all MFC'ers all over the world who cannot be at the party perhaps could send a congratulations card with when and why they joined MFC with a little present for Mika. Someone could collect them all and put them together with those of the people who actually join the party in a very large box with a very big ribbon and present it to Mika.

Furthermore I vote for London simply because it's Mika's hometown now and with all due respect for Italy, they have had the pleasure of his company all through several years now (x factor etc.) , the same for France (the voice etc.) :wink2:  therefore I hope London will win so I can pop over to one of the most wonderful metropole towns in the world again. At least for me it is, so fingers crossed!  :yes:

i voted for NYC, it only had one vote and seemed sad. Also, it's the only city listed that has even a teeny chance i could go to.  It would really help if we knew Mika's tour schedule! Since i can afford just one trip a year i'd be bummed to travel to whatever party & then not be afford a flight to see him live at a later date. But if we knew when he's playing & where we could plan the parties accordingly.

I also voted for small regional parties because that's what i personally could do, but both would be nice for those who could attend

Edited by kreacher

It would really help if we knew Mika's tour schedule! Since i can afford just one trip a year i'd be bummed to travel to whatever party & then not be afford a flight to see him live at a later date. But if we knew when he's playing & where we could plan the parties accordingly.

He said he won't do any gig during 2017,from what I remember  ;)

Hi Everyone! WOW 10 years eh? impressive, and well done!

Compared to most on MFC, I'm still a newbie here so if my idea is too out in left field then please just disregard.

My vote is for a meet-up in Miami where we can board a cruise and create our own Mika cruise experience. We can choose a shorter cruise (3-4 nights?) which is cheaper and not as often sought out by most travellers so we may get a very good deal and if we go as a group we'd get a fantastic deal through most cruiselines. Cruising may also be cheaper for many as food, accommodations, and most extra activities are covered in one price.

ok, that's my two cents.

That said, whatever everyone decides on will most certainly be a wonderful experience.

He said he won't do any gig during 2017,from what I remember  ;)

Yes, that's  what he said.  Maybe he then will miss his enthousiastic gig audience ;)  If so, I think a big MFC 10th anniversary party would be the right event to join :teehee:  And we don't demand a full band, just MIKA and a piano would be nice... :fisch:   :wub:  Oh well, I'd better stop talking about this now... ;)  

Love, love

me

• Like 2

I've voted for Milan, but actually, it depends on when it will be... Will it be before Summer? Because in that case I would vote for Paris.

And I know that London is meaningful, but I'd vote for where I'll be able to go