2022 - RESCHEDULED: Mika @ Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April 2022 (was 5 April)

Mikasister

6 hours ago, kreacher said:

Hero, have you decided where you’re staying yet? Hopefully all the good places aren’t booked up yet!

Still looking... things got busy again at work today so I had to put it on hold. :sneaky2: Will get it sorted this week though. 👍 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, dcdeb said:

d) Something else. I'm staying in Brooklyn, but not that close to the venue -- I guess I'm becoming prissy in my old age, but I just don't like the looks of the hotel that's right across the street. So I will be traveling into Manhattan for dinner/sight-seeing and traveling to the theater for the concert. Unless I change my mind and book something in Manhattan -- maybe that makes more sense. I'm so indecisive these days!

I have decided to stay in midtown Manhattan April 2-6 and I will commute to Brooklyn for the  Mika fan club dinner get together on April 4 and Mika’s concert on April 5. I’m planning on seeing some Broadway shows while I’m in Manhattan.  If anybody else is staying in Manhattan, please private message me and we can meet up  share a Lyft or an Uber to Brooklyn and back.

Edited by MaureenG
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

For those in the general admission/pit area, at what time do you think you’ll be there? I read that doors open at 6:30pm for everyone, but it’s not recommended to gather outside according to the theatre’s website since the pit should be quite small 

I don't know yet, certainly before 6.30 pm. Small is a matter of opinion. :original:

I guess I'll see what it's like in Boston and then decide for New York. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

I don't know yet, certainly before 6.30 pm. Small is a matter of opinion. :original:

I guess I'll see what it's like in Boston and then decide for New York. :dunno_grin:

Yeah I don’t know what “small” means… I was thinking about going there 1 hour and a half before the doors open 😌

5 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

Yeah I don’t know what “small” means… I was thinking about going there 1 hour and a half before the doors open 😌

I'll write you after the Boston concert how it was there, ok? :original:

On 3/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, Hero said:

OK I'm confused. Are people

a) staying near the venue and travelling into Manhattan etc for sightseeing 

b) staying in Manhattan and travelling into Brooklyn for the concert

c) staying half in Manhattan and half in Brooklyn

d) something else? 

I'm coming in from upstate NY the day of the concert, I'll probably be missing the meet up :( But I'm staying in Brooklyn at the shady hotel across the street from the theater :crybaby: 

• Sad 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, Chiara loves Mika said:

For those in the general admission/pit area, at what time do you think you’ll be there? I read that doors open at 6:30pm for everyone, but it’s not recommended to gather outside according to the theatre’s website since the pit should be quite small 

I don't know how "small" the pit is going to be. I saw this Instagram post from the theatre the other day.

A post shared by Kings Theatre (@kingsbklyn)

If they remove enough seats the pit could hold *600* people! :yikes:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Very "small" pit! :teehee:

So, I don't want to be there behind 600 people, I would need stilts! :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

Omg 600 people is a lot!! Gotta be there quite early then!

It doesn't have to be the case that 600 chairs are taken away at Mika's concert, but it could theoretically be the case. :wink2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It doesn't have to be the case that 600 chairs are taken away at Mika's concert, but it could theoretically be the case. :wink2:

That's just it - we don't know how many spaces there will be for the pit that night. I'll see if I can find out. I certainly hope it won't be 600, that would be insane! :insane:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I don't know how "small" the pit is going to be. I saw this Instagram post from the theatre the other day.

Ha! I wonder if it will be 600.... Looking at the map, the first 3 sections hold about 800 people so it could be true if the map proportion is right 🙈 

2 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Ha! I wonder if it will be 600.... Looking at the map, the first 3 sections hold about 800 people so it could be true if the map proportion is right 🙈 

It probably also has to do with how big the demand for tickets for the pit is, how big they make it?:dunno_grin:

I guess if the demand for the pit is big and the demand for chairs is not so big, they will probably take more chairs away.

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It probably also has to do with how big the demand for tickets for the pit is, how big they make it?:dunno_grin:

I guess if the demand for the pit is big and the demand for chairs is not so big, they will probably take more chairs away.

Could be true but then wouldn't it make a mess with the people who bought tickets and the numbers etc? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sivan said:

Could be true but then wouldn't it make a mess with the people who bought tickets and the numbers etc? 🤔

Yes, it could be, maybe they already estimate at the beginning how big the demand for the pit is? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, it could be, maybe they already estimate at the beginning how big the demand for the pit is? :dunno_grin:

We will have to wait and see!

• Like 1

Well, the first seated row for Mika's show is Q. So they already know that they're pulling out the seats up until row Q.

We just don't know how many PIT seats they are planning to sell/have sold. I personally don't think it'll be 600, but I'll see what I can find out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Well, the first seated row for Mika's show is Q. So they already know that they're pulling out the seats up until row Q.

We just don't know how many PIT seats they are planning to sell/have sold. I personally don't think it'll be 600, but I'll see what I can find out.

yeah seems a lot to me.

I just spoke to the Kings Theatre box office in Brooklyn. The pit is on an incline so people who are seated at Row Q and beyond would be able to see the stage. Yes the limit is 600 in the pit but they have not even sold 600 tickets for the pit yet. You will have to wear a mask in the theater and in the pit.  Even though some places don’t require masks it’s up to the venue and Kings Theatre  are requiring masks it’s best to bring your Covid card and an ID with you just in case they ask for it. By the way people who are standing in the pit will get wristbands when they check in with their ticket information at the kings theater. Just check your ticket what door you’re supposed to go into.  See y’all soon! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

I just spoke to the Kings Theatre box office in Brooklyn. The pit is on an incline so people who are seated at Row Q and beyond would be able to see the stage. Yes the limit is 600 in the pit but they have not even sold 600 tickets for the pit yet. You will have to wear a mask in the theater and in the pit.  Even though some places don’t require masks it’s up to the venue and Kings Theatre  are requiring masks it’s best to bring your Covid card and an ID with you just in case they ask for it. By the way people who are standing in the pit will get wristbands when they check in with their ticket information at the kings theater. Just check your ticket what door you’re supposed to go into.  See y’all soon! ❤️

Thanks, Maureen.

I don't think they'll sell 600 tickets for the pit -- at least, I'd be surprised if they do.

And I'm not sure how much the "incline" really helps. I think I posted this somewhere before -- this site shows you views from different seats at different theaters. This particular view is from Row Q with people in the pit at the Kings Theatre.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/106237/Kings+Theatre+(Brooklyn)/section-1/row-Q/seat-9/

Maverix-20190422021008.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Y’all I can’t waaaaaait!!!!! :cheer:

Me tooo!!!!!!!! :cheer::pbjt:

But button your haunches missy, we've got Boston first. :lol3: :yay:

Edited by Hero
Who am I kidding? WHEEEEEEEE ITS NEARLY HERE, CMON LETS GO!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4