2022 - RESCHEDULED: Mika @ Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April 2022 (was 5 April)

Mikasister

33 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

I just spoke to the Kings Theatre box office in Brooklyn. The pit is on an incline so people who are seated at Row Q and beyond would be able to see the stage. Yes the limit is 600 in the pit but they have not even sold 600 tickets for the pit yet. You will have to wear a mask in the theater and in the pit.  Even though some places don’t require masks it’s up to the venue and Kings Theatre  are requiring masks it’s best to bring your Covid card and an ID with you just in case they ask for it. By the way people who are standing in the pit will get wristbands when they check in with their ticket information at the kings theater. Just check your ticket what door you’re supposed to go into.  See y’all soon! ❤️

Thanks Maureen!! That’s useful information! 

I know my digital COVID pass from Europe is valid to travel into the US. Hope they acknowledge it also in the venue.. think I will write both Boston and NYC an email asking about this.

I saw on the IG page that the pit seems to be divided by dividers? So you’re actually in “groups” in designated areas it seems? But maybe I’m seeing it wrong. It’s in a picture taken from the back, overseeing the crowd. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

I just spoke to the Kings Theatre box office in Brooklyn. The pit is on an incline so people who are seated at Row Q and beyond would be able to see the stage. Yes the limit is 600 in the pit but they have not even sold 600 tickets for the pit yet. You will have to wear a mask in the theater and in the pit.  Even though some places don’t require masks it’s up to the venue and Kings Theatre  are requiring masks it’s best to bring your Covid card and an ID with you just in case they ask for it. By the way people who are standing in the pit will get wristbands when they check in with their ticket information at the kings theater. Just check your ticket what door you’re supposed to go into.  See y’all soon! ❤️

Masks!??? Nooooo!!!!! 😭😭😭

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know my digital COVID pass from Europe is valid to travel into the US. Hope they acknowledge it also in the venue.. think I will write both Boston and NYC an email asking about this.

I believe the EU COVID pass is generally valid in the USA, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask at the venues. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sivan said:

I know. But it could change in the next few weeks. Best to bring one, and hope it's not required. Could get a glittery one and think of it as an accessory. :wink2:

OMG! 3D floral masks! 💡

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I believe the EU COVID pass is generally valid in the USA, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask at the venues. :thumb_yello:

I think so too, but since it is not specifically stated on both websites, I just want to ask. Sent them a message on IG, let’s see if they respond 

• Like 3

I know it stinks about wearing masks at the Mika concert but it’s up to the Kings Theatre.
 I’m going to a Broadway show in New York and guess what I have to wear a mask at a Broadway show and show my vaccination card.

• Like 1

I just called a moment ago again to the Kings Theatre box office now they’re saying the masks are optional at the Mika concert but just keep checking the Kings Theatre website for Covid updates. He said  it’s constantly changing in New York City now I’m going to call the Hudson theater where I’m going to see my Broadway show to see if they are changing protocols.  The problem is NYC is changes are affective I believe today or tomorrow but just keep checking the kings theater website for updates. I’m glad I called again!❤️

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sivan said:

27 minutes ago, Hero said:

I know. But it could change in the next few weeks. Best to bring one, and hope it's not required. Could get a glittery one and think of it as an accessory. :wink2:

OMG! 3D floral masks! 💡

I know the mask is annoying, but I would be happy if the mask requirement stayed. :blush:

I haven't had the coronavirus yet (especially I haven't had Omicron) and since Omicron is very contagious, I'd be happy if the mandatory stayed. That's secretly my fear, that I'll get the coronavirus and then I don't know how long it is in the US, but in Canada it was 10 days recently, still have to check if it's still like that, have to quarantine in some hotel and waste away there and miss concerts. :emot-sad:

• Like 3

After calling the Kings theater again masks are optional now. Just look at all the websites where you’re going and what the protocols will be. NYC protocols are constantly changing. The only option I can say if you want to wear a mask wear a mask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaureenG said:

After calling the Kings theater again masks are optional now. Just look at all the websites where you’re going and what the protocols will be. NYC protocols are constantly changing. The only option I can say if you want to wear a mask wear a mask.

Thanks for your precious help. Personally I will wear a FFP3 mask even if it’s not required because I know I’ll feel better, even though it’s hard to breath through them after some hours, but covid scares me more so…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I’ll show the vaccination certificate I received at the vaccination center. It’s been issued by the Italian ministry of health so I think it should be valid for the concert

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

I’ll show the vaccination certificate I received at the vaccination center. It’s been issued by the Italian ministry of health so I think it should be valid for the concert

A paper or a digital one? I will have my digital EU one with me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think so too, but since it is not specifically stated on both websites, I just want to ask. Sent them a message on IG, let’s see if they respond 

King’s Theater has just responded to me, said that as of today they do not require a proof of vaccination anymore. They have updated their website just now: https://www.kingstheatre.com/special-pages/coronavirus-guidelines/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

One of my bosses at work recommended this restaurant in NYC it’s close to Broadway and they have singing waiters. 
https://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/

i’m going to check it out while I’m in NYC. PM me if y’all want to meet me.

That's one of the places I contacted about our dinner, but no one ever got back to me.

I’m flying into NYC April 2 in the afternoon.  That evening I’m seeing a Broadway Show  at the Hudson theater in NYC The Plaza Suite starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.  Sunday I’m going to try to get together with my cousin and family friend in NYC.  Monday I want to get to the Empire State building walk around Manhattan whoever wants to go the Empire State building on Monday walk around Manhattan with me let me know send me a PM.  Whoever wants to ride with me to the dinner Monday  night and the Mika concert Tuesday night let me know. Please send me a PM.  I  fly home Wednesday morning April 6 around 10 AM.

13 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

I’m flying into NYC April 2 in the afternoon.  That evening I’m seeing a Broadway Show  at the Hudson theater in NYC The Plaza Suite starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.  Sunday I’m going to try to get together with my cousin and family friend in NYC.  Monday I want to get to the Empire State building walk around Manhattan whoever wants to go the Empire State building on Monday walk around Manhattan with me let me know send me a PM.  Whoever wants to ride with me to the dinner Monday  night and the Mika concert Tuesday night let me know. Please send me a PM.  I  fly home Wednesday morning April 6 around 10 AM.

Hey Maureen, I have a hotel booked in Brooklyn but I may change that and stay in Manhattan. Not sure yet. I'll let you know. It's still 3 1/2 weeks away!

• Like 1

I have a question about the tickets. I bought two e-tickets on the Ticketmaster website with my account, so I have them on my phone. But there’s no name on them, is it correct? ‘Cause in Italy it’s mandatory to have the same name on the ticket and on the ID you show when entering the venue, but I don’t know how it works in the US. Maybe it’s a stupid question but I’m asking anyway, I’m super excited about the concert and I don’t want a technicality to ruin everything:dunno_grin:

I used points and mileage for my hotel stay in mid town Manhattan it came out a lot cheaper than getting two nights in Manhattan and two nights in Brooklyn. If you are going to need a hotel my only suggestion is to book it now.  With NYC lifting a lot of the Covid restrictions a lot of people are now traveling to NYC here in the states. 

Your ticket should be in your wallet on your cell phone just make sure your cell phone is charged.😀

5 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

I have a question about the tickets. I bought two e-tickets on the Ticketmaster website with my account, so I have them on my phone. But there’s no name on them, is it correct? ‘Cause in Italy it’s mandatory to have the same name on the ticket and on the ID you show when entering the venue, but I don’t know how it works in the US. Maybe it’s a stupid question but I’m asking anyway, I’m super excited about the concert and I don’t want a technicality to ruin everything:dunno_grin:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hey Maureen, I have a hotel booked in Brooklyn but I may change that and stay in Manhattan. Not sure yet. I'll let you know. It's still 3 1/2 weeks away!

Deb I sent you a PM where I’m going to be in staying midtown Manhattan.