2022 - RESCHEDULED: Mika @ Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April 2022 (was 5 April)

Mikasister

❤️❤️❤️❤️

still bummed about tonight.

If anyone wants to hangout tonight, I’m free after 11pm (yeah it’s late but we can go get drinks!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JulioM said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️

still bummed about tonight.

If anyone wants to hangout tonight, I’m free after 11pm (yeah it’s late but we can go get drinks!)

If I was still in NYC @JulioM I would love to join you. I am already at home now, though, trying to lick my wounds.

• Like 6

@JulioMI would hang out tonight however I’m flying back to Houston at 9:50 in the morning leaving out of LaGuardia. I was down at Rockefeller Center met family friend for lunch and then I went out to Long Island on the train to see her mother. I just got back to my hotel via Uber.  

• Like 1

CALLING ALL MFC MEMBERS STILL IN NYC

A bunch of us are going to be on Timesquare tomorrow to hand flowers to strangers as an act of empathy. Why? We ordered a bouquet for Mika for the NYC show and we never got to give it to him… so we are looking for MFC members to hand them out with us and to document the whole process.

Time: 10 AM

What to do after? Have brunch and enjoy our time together. We will continue this communion of spirit, as well wishes to not only Mika and his team, but to everyone.

Hope to see you there, you will recognize us with a huge bouquet of flowers! 

• Like 8

• dcdeb changed the title to 2022 - RESCHEDULED: Mika @ Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April 2022 (was 5 April)

Hi Michelle

What a good idea .

We would like to participate to this act of empathy with pleasure of course !

We will come from the Vybe hotel ( you know how far it is ) so we hope that we'll be in time for the 10 am appointment.

Mara

• Like 1

Y’all have fun and it was wonderful meeting y’all. I am currently at LaGuardia Airport to fly back to Houston.  Back to work tomorrow and then family commitments next week. Safe travels y’all.

352C2C96-C19D-4795-82C7-CA320AF64BD7.jpeg

4F435D2E-EC20-48CE-B44B-49B0564D8390.jpeg

BE7BD554-E605-48A1-9C83-32B489A13154.jpeg

6DAE71AE-9489-40C6-B2A4-9AF499A183AE.jpeg

5361ED75-62FC-4038-9BCE-754D6389EEC9.jpeg

• Like 1

GETTING A REFUND:

A number of people have said they were having a hard time figuring out how to get a refund on their Kings Theatre tickets purchased through Ticketmaster. I admit, they don't make it easy! But here's what I figured out -- I took these screenshots on my phone, so it might be slightly different on a PC. But I think they should help.

1. Find the "Request Refund" Link in the email you get from Ticketmaster Support:

IMG_8959.jpg

2. That will take you to your account. Click on "View Event Details."

IMG_8960.jpg

3. Find the Contact Us button -- you have to really look for it, it's not always obvious.

IMG_8961.jpg

4. You should get a fan support page. Click on "Email Us".

IMG_8962.jpg

5. That should take you to a form letter that has drop-down menus. Find "Select a Subject" and select Request a Refund or Credit.

IMG_8963.jpg                                      IMG_8964.jpg

6. Continue to fill out the form according to your situation.

IMG_8965.jpg                                     IMG_8966.PNG

7. There's a space to leave a message -- I just said I wanted a refund for my Mika tickets. I submitted the form.

A short time later I received a confirmation of the request, then later I received an email from Ticketmaster saying my request was being processed and the funds would be applied automatically to my credit card used for the purchase. It may take up to 30 days.

That's it!

Hope this helps. Remember this is just if you purchased through Ticketmaster, which I assume most of us did. But if you purchased some other way, the process will be different and you should probably contact either Kings Theatre or who you purchased from.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

GETTING A REFUND:

A number of people have said they were having a hard time figuring out how to get a refund on their Kings Theatre tickets purchased through Ticketmaster. I admit, they don't make it easy! But here's what I figured out -- I took these screenshots on my phone, so it might be slightly different on a PC. But I think they should help.

1. Find the "Request Refund" Link in the email you get from Ticketmaster Support:

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8960.jpg

3. Find the Contact Us button -- you have to really look for it, it's not always obvious.

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

5. That should take you to a form letter that has drop-down menus. Find "Select a Subject" and select Request a Refund or Credit.

7. There's a space to leave a message -- I just said I wanted a refund for my Mika tickets. I submitted the form.

A short time later I received a confirmation of the request, then later I received an email from Ticketmaster saying my request was being processed and the funds would be applied automatically to my credit card used for the purchase. It may take up to 30 days.

That's it!

Hope this helps. Remember this is just if you purchased through Ticketmaster, which I assume most of us did. But if you purchased some other way, the process will be different and you should probably contact either Kings Theatre or who you purchased from.

Thanks Deb I did exactly the same yesterday and I received a confirmation mail that the reimbursement will happen. 

I hope the venue will not be too empty on the 12th...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

CALLING ALL MFC MEMBERS STILL IN NYC

A bunch of us are going to be on Timesquare tomorrow to hand flowers to strangers as an act of empathy. Why? We ordered a bouquet for Mika for the NYC show and we never got to give it to him… so we are looking for MFC members to hand them out with us and to document the whole process.

Time: 10 AM

What to do after? Have brunch and enjoy our time together. We will continue this communion of spirit, as well wishes to not only Mika and his team, but to everyone.

Hope to see you there, you will recognize us with a huge bouquet of flowers! 

Love this idea! :wub2: Can't wait to hear how it went. Actually indeed should've sponsored the bouquet, to spread their  message about empathy, lol! :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Stefania Serafin said:

Thanks Deb I did exactly the same yesterday and I received a confirmation mail that the reimbursement will happen. 

I hope the venue will not be too empty on the 12th...

Well, I think for all the people who couldn't make it on the 5th, maybe now they can make it on the 12th. I think it'll be OK. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Love this idea! :wub2: Can't wait to hear how it went. Actually indeed should've sponsored the bouquet, to spread their  message about empathy, lol! :naughty:

I will post as soon as we see Indeed has posted their video, which should happen somewhere tomorrow. The flowers are now scattered throughout NYC in an act of empathy 🌺 It was a blast to do this with fellow MFC members, it put a big smile on everyone’s face, including ours ☺️

• Like 9

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I will post as soon as we see Indeed has posted their video, which should happen somewhere tomorrow. The flowers are now scattered throughout NYC in an act of empathy 🌺 It was a blast to do this with fellow MFC members, it put a big smile on everyone’s face, including ours ☺️

:wait:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Gorgeous spring flowers!

Sorry you guys travelled so far to be disappointed. This happened to many of us at the end of 2007 as Mika was wrecked after a wild year. Looking back it was a big bonding moment with fans in London, fans on MFC and even the band. Hopefully you have some fond memories in spite of the letdown. :flowers2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Gorgeous spring flowers!

Sorry you guys travelled so far to be disappointed. This happened to many of us at the end of 2007 as Mika was wrecked after a wild year. Looking back it was a big bonding moment with fans in London, fans on MFC and even the band. Hopefully you have some fond memories in spite of the letdown. :flowers2:

Awe, thanks!! We actually did have a big bonding moment….or I know I did, not sure if the others did with me :lol3: …just kidding! Of course it did, stuff like this brings us closer, exactly like you say. It’s bittersweet in a way, but we did have a great time despite the cancellation. 

After we parted ways I suggested that maybe we should attend a Mika show next time, I was pleased to see that everyone agreed :biggrin2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Awe, thanks!! We actually did have a big bonding moment….or I know I did, not sure if the others did with me :lol3: …just kidding! Of course it did, stuff like this brings us closer, exactly like you say. It’s bittersweet in a way, but we did have a great time despite the cancellation. 

After we parted ways I suggested that maybe we should attend a Mika show next time, I was pleased to see that everyone agreed :biggrin2:

I hope to see you again at another Mika concert. I enjoyed meeting you.❤️

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:44 PM, dcdeb said:

GETTING A REFUND:

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8960.jpg

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

That's it!

Thank you Deb, it helped a lot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jknox1734 said:

The big question! Who is going to be at the NYC concert now? I'm hoping to meet some of you there!

Me Me Me! I won't get in until around noon on Tuesday this time, though -- so I'll basically be dumping my bags at my hotel and then heading to the venue sometime in the afternoon to see what's happening. But I will look for  you!

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Me Me Me! I won't get in until around noon on Tuesday this time, though -- so I'll basically be dumping my bags at my hotel and then heading to the venue sometime in the afternoon to see what's happening. But I will look for  you!

Same here! I can't get there until the afternoon but I'm so excited!!!

• Like 3

I am not going to be there unfortunately this would’ve been my first Mika concert.  I live in Houston Texas and it would’ve been very expensive for me to fly back up there to New York a week later and the hotel expense.  Besides work would not allow me to take off again next week. I have deadlines at work and then we are off work For Easter weekend and I have family plans.  I hope y’all enjoy Mika‘s concert in Brooklyn I wish I was there.  I look forward to your videos and reports regarding Mika’s Brooklyn concert. I’m hoping one day I’ll attend a Mika concert. ❤️

Edited by MaureenG
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jknox1734 said:

The big question! Who is going to be at the NYC concert now? I'm hoping to meet some of you there!

Sadly not me. i resigned myself to it not being possible to fly back to NYC on such short notice & emailed ticketmaster for a refund.

Hopefully everyone who can make it has an extra special Mikatastic time!

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3