2022 - RESCHEDULED: Mika @ Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April 2022 (was 5 April)

Mikasister

14 hours ago, Jinny321 said:

Woohoo got my tix! In the pit/standing area. Flying in from CA. The last time I saw Mika was in 2015, in LA then NY at the Good Morning America Summer Concert series. 

Thank you for the presale!! 

Hey! I'm from LA too! Did we ever meet? :P 

1 hour ago, Jinny321 said:

I’m not sure, but if there’s an LA concert in our future I’d love to meet other fans! 😃

Im pretty sure we will have one in April 14-22.... between those dates..... SF too. im hoping and crossing fingers. We can meet then :) where do you live in LA??

1 hour ago, Sivan said:

Im pretty sure we will have one in April 14-22.... between those dates..... SF too. im hoping and crossing fingers. We can meet then :) where do you live in LA??

I’m in Orange County, Irvine actually. And wait, what intel do you have that you can narrow down an LA date?! Haha. Sounds great would love it!

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:18 PM, Jinny321 said:

I’m in Orange County, Irvine actually. And wait, what intel do you have that you can narrow down an LA date?! Haha. Sounds great would love it!

Lol no Intel. Just knowing he came to LA in all his other US tours since 2007 ❤️🔍 so I'm hopeful. I just worry with all the cases going up everywhere 😔 I don't want things to repeat like in 2020 😭

Btw My brother lived in Irvine till not long ago but moved to Fremont CA about 3 weeks ago. I also have a friend that lives in Irvine. 😊

On 12/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Chiara loves Mika said:

Does anyone know if there’s a whatsapp/telegram group for this concert? It’s my first concert in the US and I’d love to make new friends

Hi Chiara :bye:

For me it's the first time ever in the USA. I don't think a Whatsapp group has been created yet. :original:

It's still a while until April. 😅  I guess we can chat here in the thread first and make a group later. :dunno_grin:

However, we can meet each other there, if you want. :original:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Prisca said:

Hi Chiara :bye:

For me it's the first time ever in the USA. I don't think a Whatsapp group has been created yet. :original:

It's still a while until April. 😅  I guess we can chat here in the thread first and make a group later. :dunno_grin:

However, we can meet each other there, if you want. :original:

Hi! Of course I’d love to meet you all, I’m super excited about it! 😍

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Twitter

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYt8ximstjT/

mikainstagram

And Just Like That...! Quick visit to a beautiful and very cold New York. See you back here for The Rite Of Spring tour at @kingsbklyn on Tuesday 5th April!

📸 @adambgoodall

1222269602_mikainstagram2022-01-1501.55CYt8ximstjT_0271772913_314354550459695_677748988464762349_n.thumb.jpg.405170a3faef87277d0a5ea62798a4a9.jpg

454763787_mikainstagram2022-01-1501.55CYt8ximstjT_1271826003_704989903820702_3886044747438396303_n.thumb.jpg.a7a5daa8bf5f5df444c9351d5b103fa3.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

INSTAGRAM

Adam Goodall (@adambgoodall) • Instagram photos and videos

Always such a pleasure to meet up with @mikainstagram who I’ve known for 16 years now 😱 I’ve had some of the best travel experiences with Mika over the years.

Mika is back in NYC on Tuesday April 5th playing at my fav venue in town - Kings Theatre! 😍

FJE-nWaXoAA7m_l?format=jpg&name=large

FJE-nZUXEAcDsOd?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Cross post from the Boston thread, in case anyone on the NY trip has insights:

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

OK, I need to ask advice of more experienced travellers. I've only flown once before, to Crete when I was about 20, soooo....  this is my possible travel plan: 

Fri 1st fly late evening LHR to JFK, arrive 11.30pm. Hoping I can sleep on the flight, if I'm not too excited, lol! Spend 6 hours kicking my heels at JFK (hopefully some shops, food and lounges will be open) then early morning flight to Boston, arrive around 8am on 2nd. 2 nights in Boston. On 4th get morning flight back to JFK, do the NY meet up and concert. Then late night flight back from JFK on 6th, arrive UK about 8am. 

I'm looking at booking economy light, which is the carry on bag plus a small personal bag. It doesn't include a suitcase. I'm thinking if I pack carefully that should be OK, if I miss anything I can always buy when I'm there. 

Does that sound feasible? Does anything jump out as being a bad idea? 

And, do you have any tips for making the journey more pleasant? (Note to self: buy some pyjamas :lol3:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, dcdeb said:

Where my NYC peeps? Who will we see there?

I will definitely be there and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone! My first Mika concert!  In NYC April 2-3 , in Brooklyn April 4-6. If there are any get togethers before our dinner on April 4 please keep me in the loop.

Edited by MaureenG
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MaureenG said:

I will definitely be there and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone! My first Mika concert!  In NYC April 2-3 , in Brooklyn April 4-6. If there are any get togethers before our dinner on April 4 please keep me in the loop.

First time seeing Mika onstage is always a special moment! I'm looking forward to meeting you & all the other MFCers too....

but i thought i better warn everyone that I'm super anxious & awkward especially about introducing myself to people and in groups. So if I don't talk much at the get-together please know that I'm listening and probably want to say something, but like, words are hard.

.....unless it's about Mika, i can talk to just about anyone about him for hours :teehee:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kreacher said:

.....unless it's about Mika, i can talk to just about anyone about him for hours :teehee:

That shouldn't be a problem, this is the MFC, we can talk about Mika all the time. :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

but i thought i better warn everyone that I'm super anxious & awkward especially about introducing myself to people and in groups. So if I don't talk much at the get-together please know that I'm listening and probably want to say something, but like, words are hard.

Thank you for telling us! I admire your courage!

Please do not worry: we have had this situation as well in Paris at both meetups, telling us even in person. But I believe everyone felt accepted and welcomed enough to know they could be exactly who they are, without feeling judged. It was a wonderful atmosphere and I believe it will be exactly like that during this meetup.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thank you for telling us! I admire your courage!

Please do not worry: we have had this situation as well in Paris at both meetups, telling us even in person. But I believe everyone felt accepted and welcomed enough to know they could be exactly who they are, without feeling judged. It was a wonderful atmosphere and I believe it will be exactly like that during this meetup.

It's been that way at the other MFC meetups I've been to & in the queue too. MFCers are generally the nicest people I've met, certainly the nicest I've ever met while waiting in a line! I just wanted to say something beforehand, in case someone catches me silently staring at them. It's because I'm processing and may be a little intimidated :lmfao:

• Like 4

For all fans outside of the US and Canada, please check what the requirements are for traveling to the US for 90 days or less. If your country is part of the Visa Waiver Programm and you are not in possession of a Tourist VISA, you need to apply for the ESTA. More information here: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

You can apply up to 72 hours in advance and is valid for two years. Costs are under 20 USD. 

• Like 1