2022 - Mika @Arena di Verona, Italy, 19 September

Mikasister

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

Hi, Serena! It looks great in photos, but would work only if people won't run in front of the stage and keep their places. Otherwise everything will be ruined. I don't know if the security would allow people to leave their chairs, but there's no guarantee it won't happen, I suppose...

In this venue run in the front of stage is not it is not allowed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gio_anna said:

That would be good, but in many seated venues it is not allowed and people still ran next to the stage and the security did nothing :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gio_anna said:

That's what I think. I have been many times in this venue and I've never seen people standing under the stage. The rules in this Arena are very strict and security would assure that everyone stay seated. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gio_anna said:

Maybe  in the rules of the venue it is not allowed to run in front of the stage but it could be that Mika demanded that there be no security so  people can access in front of the stage as happened last month in Spain. Mika wanted the fans to stand in front of the stage so a lot of people who had a seat behind us ran in front of it.

23 minutes ago, krysady said:

Hi, Serena! It looks great in photos, but would work only if people won't run in front of the stage and keep their places. Otherwise everything will be ruined. I don't know if the security would allow people to leave their chairs, but there's no guarantee it won't happen, I suppose...

If we don't try we will never know.

I think I will prepare as well some paper hearts for the front rows... I have a place in the 4th row.

If necessary we can make more of them on Sunday during our meeting in the park. I hope Italian fans would help with all necessary materials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

I've been to some concerts in Arena, it was never possible to get up! Once when it happened the singers themselves asked to get back to their place and they blocked the concert temporarily... I hope it will be like this now, but we are almost certain!

Lately it was Mika who asked to let people in front of the stage, so the security would do nothing in this case. I also hope it won't happen, but we don't know for sure.

• Like 1

I was also thinking of a big kind of streamer saying  "Take out all our sorrow, put that on a beat "

Anyway whatever the choice will be ,I think is would be better to have it at the very beginning to show that we are ready to enjoy the show despite  the disappointment .

I can help with some money but can't take many things with me , I only have a  hand luggage flight ticket

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

I've been to some concerts in Arena, it was never possible to get up! Once when it happened the singers themselves asked to get back to their place and they blocked the concert temporarily... I hope it will be like this now, but we are almost certain!

I've never been there but a Mika concert without getting up is not possible. And if Mika asks people to stand in front of the stage?

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Lately it was Mika who asked to let people in front of the stage, so the security would do nothing in this case. I also hope it won't happen, but we don't know for sure.

This is a very particular venue with very strict rules. It's quite impossible that something like that can happen

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If we don't try we will never know

I know, but to waste so much paper and fail would be sad... but of course people are free to try it if they want to :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I've never been there but a Mika concert without getting up is not possible. And if Mika asks people to stand in front of the stage?

Arena di Verona is more than 2000 years old and for this reason it's a very fragile venue. Differently from you I have attended other concerts there and people are not allowed to move from their seats. You can stand up if you want, but you cannot run in front of the stage in a historical venue as you wouldn't run in any historical heritage sites. Mika will be told it's not allowed. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Irene De Nigris said:

This is a very particular venue with very strict rules. It's quite impossible that something like that can happen

It is the same at Philharmonie in Paris, and people still did it :wink2:  

• Like 1

I don't know how it will be, we'll see but  after what happened with the piano tour, maybe he needs the fans around him to strengthen the confidence that some may have lost. I don't know, I only know that at his express request in Spain he DEMANDED the organizers to have his fans standing in front of the stage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, carafon said:

I was also thinking of a big kind of streamer saying  "Take out all our sorrow, put that on a beat "

Anyway whatever the choice will be ,I think is would be better to have it at the very beginning to show that we are ready to enjoy the show despite  the disappointment .

I can help with some money but can't take many things with me , I only have a  hand luggage flight ticket

I’ll buy all the sheets of paper! if you want to collaborate write to me on instagram ☺️ 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, krysady said:

It is the same at Philharmonie in Paris, and people still did it :wink2:  

Only at the very end like in Florence

But in Perpignan nobody asked any permission ,.....

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mellody said:

An Italian fan contacted me on Instagram about a fanaction with papers, seems they want to do something similar to the heart in Carcassonne, with red and white A4 sheets. They lost some helpers due to the cancellations, would some of you be interested in helping, with the distribution and maybe also with adding a few € to the paper costs? I think it'd be a nice gesture to do this fanaction, to show some love and feel some more love again despite the disappointment (at least that's my motivation). @Prisca @holdingyourdrink @Anna Ko Kolkowska @Beatrixxx_always @pascale_geneva and anyone else who feels motivated? We'd just have to enter when the doors open, to get it all done in time.

Edit: Ofc we also want to make sure we can take the papers inside without a chaos like it was in Bercy 2019. 

I’m in too! ❤️

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, krysady said:

I know, but to waste so much paper and fail would be sad... but of course people are free to try it if they want to :thumb_yello:

If we fail , we'd just have to say that we had logistic problems ...:naughty:

Sorry but it was too easy :donkey:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, carafon said:

I was thinking about something like that too . It's less complicated

Maybe just "we love you" or just printed heart instead of "love"  ? 

Or "thank you" in different languages as it is the last gig of the tour ?

FANTASTIC IDEA!! I was myself thinking of holding a sign "See you in Verona" at the Swiss concert next week (if it still takes place)

1 hour ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

Hi everyone, l'm the girl who's organizing everything! Arena inside is very big but also seems small when it's full of people, I'll post
some photo of ours ideas so you can try to imagine it (either the flag or the heart, it depends on what sheets of paper we are able
to find), l'll also post the fanaction that inspired us that was made for a concert into Arena!

The FA will be not so difficult if there will be everyone's collaboration! I trust in this for the success!
You can contact me on Instagram of Facebook (Serena Miglio)

image.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-03 at 12.25.46.jpeg

modà-arena-di-verona.jpg

Wow!! Fantastic!!!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

I’ll buy all the sheets of paper! if you want to collaborate write to me on instagram ☺️ 

"Take out all our sorrow, put that on a beat" sounds good! I find all ideas excellent! 

Of course I'm more than willing to contribute financially. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I don't know how it will be, we'll see but  after what happened with the piano tour, maybe he needs the fans around him to strengthen the confidence that some may have lost. I don't know, I only know that at his express request in Spain he DEMANDED the organizers to have his fans standing in front of the stage.

Hi! 🥰

The Arena is quite a particular venue, it’s a historical place, this is why in Italy it’s “a big deal” to do a gig there, and it’s why it has different rules than other venues and the artists know that.
Aside from that, it’s “logistically” quite impossible to run to the front, as the stage is very far from the “barricade” since there’s an area which is not accessible. In fact, the Arena has its own stage (pic below) and my guess is he will not have a T stage or something else, as the tour is cancelled 😔

7B35C5DB-0C8C-4D55-9E19-0D733EED639C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, carafon said:

But in Perpignan nobody asked any permission ,.....

I was amazed at the Philharmonie. It contributed to an excellent ambiance.The French don't need any permission. I don't think the Italians need permission either :biggirl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I take the people (who have been to the Arena di Verona) their word for it. It is a special venue and I believe it’s an absolute honour to perform there. My guess is that Mika insisted on performing in the Arena - even if it means he will have to pay money on top - because of how much it means to him and his fans who know the (may it be historical and/or symbolical) significance of this venue. 

With the Philharmonie de Paris it was only at the very end of the second night that everyone went to the front. I believe in Sardegna there were VIP rows and behind that were fans, so he wanted his fans to be close and dance. With Perpignan people just went :lol3: but I heard the stage was truly far away, so it was very inviting to do so. 
Where I’m getting to is… I think every venue and concert has their own story as to why the people ran to the front, just like in the three examples above. However, if it’s true and Mika is honoured to perform at the Arena di Verona, he will abide by the rules out of respect for the venue. 
I think :wink2:

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, carafon said:

If we fail , we'd just have to say that we had logistic problems ...:naughty:

Sorry but it was too easy :donkey:

:lmfao:

36 minutes ago, carafon said:

Yes, at the end it was alright, otherwise what's the point of having different prices for tickets? 

27 minutes ago, styjlesx said:

Aside from that, it’s “logistically” quite impossible to run to the front

Noo, not the logistics again! :aah:

Anyway, thanks for the info, let's hope it will work :thumb_yello:

• Haha 2