2022 - Mika @Arena di Verona, Italy, 19 September

Mikasister

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

But Joelle, do you really trust Ticketone (or friendsandpartners) to do anything in favour of fans? :lmfao: The fact that Mika didn't even know about these seats rather supports the idea that they just wanted to make money out of adding them, maybe they really were for VIPs or so. We won't know, no one tells us anything, so well, I guess there's no reason to start fighting even among fans. :wink2:

The fact is that we don't know , we only  can guess ....:dunno:

I agree with Michele , we are all upset because nothing goes the way it was supposed to ....but as long as they don't take our seats to move us behind ,I don't feel like it's such a big issue if the orchestra area is  filled with four lower rows instead of being empty . 

Btw , if they are VIPS , we don't have to worry about them , they'll probably be quiet :wink2:

And the fact that Mika didn't know about it may be because he has more important problems in mind 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, carafon said:

.How would you react if it was you ???

I can't speak for others, but I know that if one of my planned concerts were cancelled ( as it is, in fact, I had tickets for 6 shows), I would never expect to get a seat in front of the others who bought tickets since February. It's not the first time Mika is cancelling a show and never heard of such strategy.

I agree with you that it's not any fan's fault that they got their plans messed up ( again, I'm included here as well).  But what it's unfair it's the fact that many of us had also front row tickets for the theaters and we could've ask to exchange them for a Verona one if we knew we can get a place on those extra rows. But of course no one told us. That's the problem, we didn't get the chance to make a choice at all. I hope you understand what I mean, it's not about the distance from the stage or other reasons.  

What they tried to do has nothing to do with fans' feelings, like Karin said it's only to make more money. And that's fine. But if you add more front rows in front of the first rows, at least make it fair and release those places publicly on sale for everyone :dunno:  Anyway, I guess Mika also found it unfair if he solved the problem, otherwise he wouldn't care.

If people got annoyed and told here their opinion, it's not that someone would blame other fans. People are upset on the messy organization overall, I hope no one see it as fans arguing with other fans. 

Now let's focus on the upcoming event and we'll see on that day what's with those extra rows, at that point won't change much the situation and I'm sure Mika fans will have a great time anyway :wink2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, krysady said:

If people got annoyed and told here their opinion, it's not that someone would blame other fans. People are upset on the messy organization overall, I hope no one see it as fans arguing with other fans. 

Now let's focus on the upcoming event and we'll see on that day what's with those extra rows, at that point won't change much the situation and I'm sure Mika fans will have a great time anyway :wink2:

Don't worry , I understand what you mean and only speak for myself .

For me "loosing" a week of holiday that I won't be able to change is much more upseting than  extra rows . Probably it's not as much a case for people who are more flexible than me on this subject. Everyone has it's priorities .

I guess being used to never get the first row probably helps me a lot not to be too sensitive about this subject :naughty:

I'm just trying to remain as realistic as possible and yes , I'm sure we'll have a good time anyway .

Edited by carafon

5 hours ago, carafon said:

Reading the last few pages I wonder if it wouldn't  be wise to open a " first row obsession " discussion  along the "post gig depression" topic to try to ease fans trauma :teehee::naughty:

Seriously .....imagine that @dcdebor @Hero changed their travel's plans and got one of these controversial places ....How do you think they would feel knowing that fellow fans who don't have any extra merit than  just being lucky enough to choose the remaining date asked not only the organisation but Mika himself to remove them from possibly blocking their view ?

Or better ....How would you react if it was you ???

And how can we ask Mika to show empathy to the fans if we are not able to be empathic to each other ?

As @Anna Ko Kolkowskasaid , the distance between our seats and the stage will remain the same with or without these extra rows that are lower and separated by an alley from the first regular row . 

I'm sorry to go against the grain , but this decision is the only one that didn't chock me in the reorganisation's process . :dunno:

( the fact that people have to ask for a refund within a very short time being the one I can't understand .... ) 

If I can count , people on the fifth row will still have more people behind them than in front of them . And you'd probably block more views behind than the people in the orchestra area ......because who ever saw an orchestra blocking the view of the audience ???? :wink2:

Reading the last few pages I wonder if it wouldn't  be wise to open a " first row obsession " discussion  along the "post gig depression" topic to try to ease fans trauma :teehee::naughty:

:naughty::naughty:

Just now, pascale_geneva said:
5 hours ago, carafon said:

Seriously .....imagine that @dcdebor @Hero changed their travel's plans and got one of these controversial places ....How do you think they would feel knowing that fellow fans who don't have any extra merit than  just being lucky enough to choose the remaining date asked not only the organisation but Mika himself to remove them from possibly blocking their view ?

Or better ....How would you react if it was you ???

And how can we ask Mika to show empathy to the fans if we are not able to be empathic to each other ?

As @Anna Ko Kolkowskasaid , the distance between our seats and the stage will remain the same with or without these extra rows that are lower and separated by an alley from the first regular row . 

I'm sorry to go against the grain , but this decision is the only one that didn't chock me in the reorganisation's process . :dunno:

( the fact that people have to ask for a refund within a very short time being the one I can't understand .... ) 

If I can count , people on the fifth row will still have more people behind them than in front of them . And you'd probably block more views behind than the people in the orchestra area ......because who ever saw an orchestra blocking the view of the audience ???? :wink2:

:naughty::naughty:

Watching the TIM Music Awards last night I got the impression that the first 4 rows are at the same level as the original first row for which I and other fans have tickets. They are not lower. Never mind! Let’s just enjoy the concert 🎉♥️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Anyway, I guess Mika also found it unfair if he solved the problem, otherwise he wouldn't care.

I hope they are not fans otherwise he's going to face another drama if they know that he's responsible  :naughty:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, carafon said:

For me "loosing" a week of holiday that I won't be able to change is much more upseting than  extra rows

That's true, I totally understand, this was supposed to be my holiday and I'll be there for one week as well. Now I'm over the first shock and planning to have a lovely time in Italy anyway, I suppose this is the only thing we can do  :original:

I'm really sorry for those who can't make it to the Arena show, that's even more upsetting than anything else!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

That's true, I totally understand, this was supposed to be my holiday and I'll be there for one week as well. Now I'm over the first shock and planning to have a lovely time in Italy anyway, I suppose this is the only thing we can do  :original:

I'm really sorry for those who can't make it to the Arena show, that's even more upsetting than anything else!

I wish you'll enjoy your holiday

I now have 2 weeks of holiday ahead (that means that I've got only one left until may .....:annoyed:

I'm going to visit Verona and go to a tennis tournament during the first one

Don't know about the second one .... probably  should  clean my flat  but probably will find something very important instead :naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

I'm very sorry for everyone who was deprived of Mika's concerts and I hope there will be many new dates soon in Italy to make up for this huge mess :group_hug:

For those going to Verona enjoy it :hug:

And for those going to Italy even without a concert it is still a dream country for a vacation so I hope you can make the best of it :hug:

Much love to all of you and I hope to see you for the next tour with many new songs :excite::hug:

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm very sorry for everyone who was deprived of Mika's concerts and I hope there will be many new dates soon in Italy to make up for this huge mess :group_hug:

For those going to Verona enjoy it :hug:

And for those going to Italy even without a concert it is still a dream country for a vacation so I hope you can make the best of it :hug:

Much love to all of you and I hope to see you for the next tour with many new songs :excite::hug:

Thank you @krysadyand @crazyaboutmika for remembering all of us fans who will have to wait a long time to see Mika at a gig.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, krysady said:

3 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Thank you @krysadyand @crazyaboutmika for remembering the fans who won't be able to see Mika live for a long time. 

Oh it definitely is, I am so sorry for the fans who now have everything cancelled  on them and they don’t know when they can and will see Mika again. Hopefully with the new albums coming out, he will plan a tour and everyone can see him perform again as soon as that happens, which will be in the foreseeable future with how often he is in the studio ❤️

• Like 7

3 hours ago, krysady said:

I agree with you that it's not any fan's fault that they got their plans messed up ( again, I'm included here as well).  But what it's unfair it's the fact that many of us had also front row tickets for the theaters and we could've ask to exchange them for a Verona one if we knew we can get a place on those extra rows. But of course no one told us. That's the problem, we didn't get the chance to make a choice at all. I hope you understand what I mean, it's not about the distance from the stage or other reasons.  

Exactly.

I read that also in Bari they were going to add 3 rows in the front, but then it got cancelled so the discussion didn’t even start anyway 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

Exactly.

I read that also in Bari they were going to add 3 rows in the front, but then it got cancelled so the discussion didn’t even start anyway 

Hmm, that means they probably planned to add those extra rows in Verona even before the rest of the shows got cancelled as well, and not for those who had first row at other gigs. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mellody said:

Fyi, Serena has received the papers for the fanaction today, and this will be the instruction sheet:

Screenshot_20220909-224427_Instagram.jpg

Doing the stalls surely won't be a problem, but of course we hope they let us also in the upper areas to put the papers there as well. Do any of you have tickets for these areas, or are you all in the stalls?

Serena told me that the doors will open ca. 19:00/19:30 and the concert starts at 21:00. It'd surprise me if they only open at 19:30, because in such a big venue it takes a while to get everyone inside, they would usually spread that out a bit. But maybe, if there's no support act... Anyway it means we have to work without too many discussions, once we're inside, to get it all done in time. So we need to make a plan in advance who does which area and distribute the papers accordingly before going inside, so everyone knows what to do. I'll try to work that out together with Serena.

So on the stalls it will be a heart and the Italian flag, right? 

• Like 4

I think this fan action, if people succeed in creating the complete image, Will be maybe the One that Will impress and move Mika the most in his career. I Hope that fans will succeed in creating It and that they Will make Mika feel their love from Italy and in general from wherever they come from. It Is a quite sad period for the recent news, i know, but i think that this kind of things are the things that can help people and Mika himself to feel Better in such a difficult and surreal period ♥️

• Like 9

18 hours ago, pascale_geneva said:

Watching the TIM Music Awards last night I got the impression that the first 4 rows are at the same level as the original first row for which I and other fans have tickets. They are not lower. Never mind! Let’s just enjoy the concert 🎉♥️

Yesterday evening I was again at Tim Music Awards because I had tickets for both nights and I could see very well the blu seats in the buco d'orchestra. The guy next to me told me that those seats are always there, they are part of the seating arrangement of this venue. But he didn't know to whom they are reserved 🤔

Btw I took a picture before people arrived. 

20220910_194608.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

Yesterday evening I was again at Tim Music Awards because I had tickets for both nights and I could see very well the blu seats in the buco d'orchestra. The guy next to me told me that those seats are always there, they are part of the seating arrangement of this venue. But he didn't know to whom they are reserved 🤔

Btw I took a picture before people arrived. 

20220910_194608.jpg

It looks like VIP with how they are separated from the rest and someone (the person in orange) probably checking the tickets before they enter? 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, pascale_geneva said:

I have to admit I rather focused at how people were dressed 

I had a look at the weather forecast for the next week in Verona , they announce  a scale of 10/25 ° C 

I guess we'd better add some  warm and rainjackets in the suitcase ?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, carafon said:

I had a look at the weather forecast for the next week in Verona , they announce  a scale of 10/25 ° C 

I am wondering as well about the weather. It's warmer at night than in Poland. Yesterday people were wearing short sleeves shirts.

But in one week it can change.

I have already a plastic raincoat prepared. And something warm to wear.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am wondering as well about the weather. It's warmer at night than in Poland. Yesterday people were wearing short sleeves shirts.

But in one week it can change.

I have already a plastic raincoat prepared. And something warm to wear.

Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day in Verona. About 27°. But in the evening it was chill, I think about 16/17°. I was freezing because I forgot my jacket in my car🙄😬

So we will need a light jacket and hopefully it won't rain!

After Mika's performance on Friday we were definitely Underwater 🤣 a storm began right afterwards. 

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

Btw I took a picture before people arrived

So they are at the same level, not lower. Probably only when there's an orchestra, they remove the floor and make it lower.

7 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

After Mika's performance on Friday we were definitely Underwater 🤣 a storm began right afterwards. 

Oh no, I hope it won't rain next Monday :crossed:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carafon said:

I have to admit I rather focused at how people were dressed 

I guess we'd better add some  warm and rainjackets in the suitcase ?

:crybaby: I had some nice gig outfits planned for the Italian gigs, but this outdoor venue in combination with low temperatures will cancel my outfit plans as well. :emot-sad: Well, let's see, the forecast isn't reliable a week in advance, so maybe it'll be warmer. :crossed:

• Like 3