Mika in Canadian Press 2022

Kumazzz

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

and now I have material for three albums!

oh, now it's already 3 albums? :roftl: And some of the US fans noticed that at each gig where he talked about when he started writing, it got later - 12 months ago in Toronto, 11 in San Francisco, 10 in LA - so if he goes on like that, by the end of the tour he'll claim he has written 20 albums in the last 2 weeks. :lmao: Well whatever, I just hope he starts releasing the new music soon, but I suppose it can't be long, if he already played the recorded version of his first single after the gigs. :excite:

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I want you to feel like it's just you and me, or just you, your buddy and me. And when you can lower the defenses like that, it's almost magic.

I can confirm he's good at that. :naughty: Didn't work so well at the gigs last year, Salle Pleyel was a first and the Philharmonie gigs were a different setting, it's more about the music... but towards the end of the Revelation tour, he made this magic happen. I remember writing in my reports back then that Bolzano "almost felt like he did a private gig just for me" and that the gig in Strasbourg felt so intimate. I have NO clue whatsoever how he can make 5000 people feel like that in just one gig, but well, as he says, it's magic! :fairy:  :dunno_grin:

• Like 7

12 hours ago, mellody said:

I can confirm he's good at that. :naughty: Didn't work so well at the gigs last year, Salle Pleyel was a first and the Philharmonie gigs were a different setting, it's more about the music...

I was wondering about this. Those are the only gigs I have attended so far, so I cannot speak from experience when it comes to this magical moment where you have the feeling he connects with you. 

….or maybe I was just busy hiding behind someone :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

Thank you so much @KumazzzI love reading Mika's words and how he is true to himself in his interviews :wub2: What a wonderful man and artist he is :wub2:

@holdingyourdrinkWhen you will get to dive into Mika's eyes you will feel and love the magic so much :wub2: I'm sure it will happen to you in due time :thumb_yello: :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Mika is at the Star Academy final today. No idea what role he will have, did anyone see anything about that? Whether he'll perform, or coach, or anything else?

The only thing I saw in one of the daily show is that he will sing during one of the coaches (Gregory Charles) number

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

QUB RADIO

Mario Dumont

La grande finale de Star Académie : un immense spectacle en vue!

23 avril 2022 - Chronique Star Académie avec Émilie Fournier, productrice au contenu, Star Académie : c’est la grande finale de Star Académie dimanche!

https://www.qub.ca/radio/balado/mario-dumont?audio=1070891582

In their radio show, a woman mention MIKA many times.

But, sadly I can't understand French language.... could anyone explain it ? :bow:

MP3 :

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

A radio interview tomorrow 9-12am Canadian time (Montreal time I suppose, so that would be 3-6pm in Europe?)

@mellody

Check it out.

:arrow:Time Zone & Clock Changes in Montréal, Quebec, Canada (timeanddate.com)

Current: EDT — Eastern Daylight Time
Next Change: EST — Eastern Standard Time
Current Offset: UTC/GMT -4 hours
Difference: 6 hours behind Munich

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

QUB RADIO

Mario Dumont

La grande finale de Star Académie : un immense spectacle en vue!

23 avril 2022 - Chronique Star Académie avec Émilie Fournier, productrice au contenu, Star Académie : c’est la grande finale de Star Académie dimanche!

https://www.qub.ca/radio/balado/mario-dumont?audio=1070891582

In their radio show, a woman mention MIKA many times.

But, sadly I can't understand French language.... could anyone explain it ? :bow:

MP3 :

She just said he will sing in of of the numbers

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, mellody said:

A radio interview tomorrow 9-12am Canadian time (Montreal time I suppose, so that would be 3-6pm in Europe?)

Did anyone hear when Mika will be on?

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

Did anyone hear when Mika will be on?

Probably during the last hour, Usually on this radio program the interviews last for few minutes only, I don't want to listen for 3 hours and at the end have 5 minutes of Mika. Especially when the music they are playing is so bad it is not my taste at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Probably during the last hour, Usually on this radio program the interviews last for few minutes only, I don't want to listen for 3 hours and at the end have 5 minutes of Mika. Especially when the music they are playing is so bad it is not my taste at all. 

Ah good, thanks, I already thought I was listening to the wrong station. :teehee: A few songs are alright, but generally it's more background music. I'm listening with one ear, while I can... pfft, in the tweet it sounded like Mika would be on for the whole 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Edit: At least I now heard the presenter talking about Mika, I think she was advertising his gig. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Ah good, thanks, I already thought I was listening to the wrong station. :teehee: A few songs are alright, but generally it's more background music. I'm listening with one ear, while I can... 

I feel like I'm listening to the same song from 1 hour :naughty:

Hopefully I've got plenty of things to do at the meantime

• Haha 1

So I understood the topics, but not the details. They talked about Zoom Meetings, about new music (again he said he wrote 3 albums :teehee:), about how he started and why he wrote GK and the GK challenge, and some choreography for Relax that he has to do in Montreal, because he promised it the last time. Hope some of you understood more details.

26 minutes ago, carafon said:

Back to 3 albums to come .....:wink2:

And he's got an important meeting with the record company right now ! :jawdrop:

Yes. He said 3 albums!!!!!!!

And tonight he will dance to Catherine's choreography to Relax :lol: He promised it last year. And Catherine's son will be waiting for the dance :lol3:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

So I understood the topics, but not the details. They talked about Zoom Meetings, about new music (again he said he wrote 3 albums :teehee:), about how he started and why he wrote GK and the GK challenge, and some choreography for Relax that he has to do in Montreal, because he promised it the last time. Hope some of you understood more details.

He's bored with zoom meetings because it takes much more time than a normal phone call. Seems that his family prefers zoom but he doesn't understand why they are not fed up to see his face again and again :naughty: 

He promised to himself that he'll never do the GK challenge 

He likes to drink , eat and party a lot but he sets boundaries on these matters while touring

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was also interesting to know that he have a meeting with the CEO of Universal (? or other important person for decision making) to play some of his new songs and convince him to promote his music, hopefully he'll get a positive response, but anyway I like how he defends his music 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1