Mika in UK and Ireland press - 2023

Kumazzz

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

The Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/05/07/kings-coronation-concert-live-performances-windsor-castle/

Coronation Concert: 'Pa, we are all so proud of you,' Prince William tells father

8:56PM

A truly moving moment from Lucy

Lucy, a 13-year-old who is blind and unable to hold a conversation due to her developmental delays, is next up, playing piano.

She performs a note-perfect rendition of Bach - Prelude in C Major, having risen to fame on Channel 4's The Piano where her talents were recognised by Mika and Lang Lang.

lucycoronationconcert-1.thumb.jpg.a445f8a7010ed9072d838893051f5cfe.jpg

YouTube

Really moving. watching it with tears in my eyes :wub2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

BBC Radio 2 Claudia Winkleman and Mika talking about Eurovision and his summer tour.

Part with Mika starts at 10:30

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

This takes me to the current livestream. Is there a replay too on the BBC Radio 2 website? I looked but couldn't find it. Nice of you to post the interview here, but ofc it'd be cool to be able to listen on their website, so the number of streams for the Mika interview shows them that people want to hear him. ;)

• Like 1

BBC Radio 2

13 May 2023 10 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lnql

Claudia Winkleman

A Eurovision Extravaganza!

Claudia settles in on this Saturday morning to talk about the wonder of Eurovision with special guests Mika, comedian Jayde Adams and the host of the Eurovisioncast podcast Mans Zelmerlow live from Liverpool.

( including mikainstagram story at the studio )

• AUDIO ( m4a file / 10.9 MB )

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Thank you! Mika's interview starting at ca. 29:35.

Haha, I love his stories! :wub2: He really needs to go into detail at some point about what his body did at Eurovision, he mentioned it 2 or 3 times now but the interviewers never let him tell more about it. :lol3:

Otter Café, looking forward to see/hear more about that from Mika! I'm with him, I also thought Otters lived in rivers or lakes. :lol3: Maybe they have some sort of artificial lake in that café, so the Otters can swim? :dunno_grin:They eat fish, don't they?

And what's that other café he mentioned (besides cat cafés), the one where he doesn't want to go?

Good to hear that he's thinking about where/when he can get something to eat on tour, so he can keep wearing his beautiful green suit without losing the trousers. :lol3:

The interviews are always way too short, I'd have loved to hear more about what he's planning for his tour, his dogs, his Eurovision experience, backstage insights about The Piano, etc. :cloud:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

The interviews are always way too short, I'd have loved to hear more about what he's planning for his tour, his dogs, his Eurovision experience, backstage insights about The Piano, etc. :cloud:

I agree! As soon as it’s over I’m like “but wait, he just warmed up! Come on!!” 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Otter Café, looking forward to see/hear more about that from Mika! I'm with him, I also thought Otters lived in rivers or lakes. :lol3: Maybe they have some sort of artificial lake in that café, so the Otters can swim? :dunno_grin:They eat fish, don't they?

And what's that other café he mentioned (besides cat cafés), the one where he doesn't want to go?

It sounds like he says pug cafe' ( a pug is a dog breed) but I think he actually said pig cafe' because he (or Claudia) makes snorting sounds. There are both pug cafes and mini pig cafes in Japan from what I've seen on the Internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, SusanT said:

It sounds like he says pug cafe' ( a pug is a dog breed) but I think he actually said pig cafe' because he (or Claudia) makes snorting sounds. There are both pug cafes and mini pig cafes in Japan from what I've seen on the Internet. 

Haha yes they both make snorty noises :lol3: and both are adorable! How could he not want to visit that!? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Haha, I love his stories! :wub2: He really needs to go into detail at some point about what his body did at Eurovision, he mentioned it 2 or 3 times now but the interviewers never let him tell more about it. :lol3:

Might be for the best... if it's nerves, it could involve copious trips to the bathroom. 🙈

Otter Café, looking forward to see/hear more about that from Mika! 

Not heard of them before today. Looking online, there's one in London! I wonder if he knows... 🤔

Pug cafe, with cute but very snorty dogs. Not great in a food environment.  :naughty:

He'd have to schedule the whole day for that. 

And we'd love it! :lustslow:

• Like 3

Good to hear that he's thinking about where/when he can get something to eat on tour, so he can keep wearing his beautiful green suit without losing the trousers. :lol3:

I can't wait to hear more from him about his visit to the Otter Cafe. We have otters down at the shore - they live in the bay, and often come up on docked boats to, um, "use the bathroom" -- which is really not a very pleasant thing to have to see or have to clean up. But they are absolutely gorgeous creatures and are much bigger than I had imagined.

And I agree with others -- I think he said PUG cafe. And our neighbors have two pugs, so I am in total agreement with him - ugh, no way. They are not nice dogs. Or maybe that's because of their owners. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

If you want to understand why "snorty dogs" is used to describe pugs, check out this link starting at 1.00.  I didn't know what they sound like.  What kills me is that at 4.40 a voice asks viewers to "like" the video. 😃

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

And I agree with others -- I think he said PUG cafe. And our neighbors have two pugs, so I am in total agreement with him - ugh, no way. They are not nice dogs. Or maybe that's because of their owners. :dunno_grin:

I don't like pugs either, and glad to hear that Mika would agree... not that he gets a pug at some point, I'd have a hard time still finding his dog videos cute then... 🙈😅 Anyway, I think those noises are because they're bred to look like that, with the short noses, and it's probably very unpleasant for the poor dogs as well. :( So yes, I'd rather blame it on their owners. Makes much more sense to get a dog that's healthy than one with breathing problems because it's bred to look a certain way.

16 hours ago, Mikasister said:

8 hours ago, mellody said:

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The same short video is on TikTok

Mae Muller IG story

and

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMAidJIgug/

Here is the summary of Mika on the Eurovision Grand Final Day in London.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...