Keep It Simple - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

On 2/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I'm not sure who has come up with the Brie, but I wanted to tell you something. Not so long ago related to the Piano Mika said in an interview that he managed to catch up with the Netflix Show "Sex Education". Long ago I watched the first season, so I thought I would watch the second season. I watched the first few episodes, and I think it was in the first ep. when two main characters were talking, and one of them said that he had an ... all the time, even when he looked at a simple cheese. Then the other character asked what kind of cheese, and he said: Brie. :D Coincident? Maybe.  :D 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This really made me burst out with laughter and it would totally look like Mika to include such a random reference in one of his songs, especially if it fits to the topic that well. :lmfao: 

Actually I came here to write that I tried singing Keep it Simple today, and noticed that in that line the word "break" does sound like "Brie" if you sing it in that sentence in that tempo - you really have to focus very hard to make the "ea" instead of "ee" sound. Try it, I'm curious if it's the same for you or if I'm just Brie-fied too much already. :roftl: But in fact, "catch a Brie" definitely tops any other lyric Mika might have sung, even more so in above context. :naughty: Sorry Mika for rewriting your songs. :teehee: (or for figuring out your naughty references to random Netflix series :naughty:)

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Actually I came here to write that I tried singing Keep it Simple today, and noticed that in that line the word "break" does sound like "Brie" if you sing it in that sentence in that tempo - you really have to focus very hard to make the "ea" instead of "ee" sound. Try it, I'm curious if it's the same for you or if I'm just Brie-fied too much already. :roftl: 

Honestly, I'm very bad at singing especially in another language, and Mika usually sings so fast, sometimes I couldn't keep up with him. For example in his song "Stay High", I often sing "Puertoooo ricoo" instead of "Wherever we go" because he sings it so fast, I couldn't articulate the words, so I just sing something random instead :D:D  So, for me, it could be easily "Brie" instead of "break", and that's okay. :D 

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Honestly, I'm very bad at singing especially in another language, and Mika usually sings so fast, sometimes I couldn't keep up with him. For example in his song "Stay High", I often sing "Puertoooo ricoo" instead of "Wherever we go" because he sings it so fast, I couldn't articulate the words, so I just sing something random instead :D:D  So, for me, it could be easily "Brie" instead of "break", and that's okay. :D 

We have a thread for misheard lyrics and " Puertoooo ricoo " and "Catch a brie" need to be in it :thumb_yello: :floor:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/19010-misheard-lyrics/?do=findComment&comment=4272320

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, krysady said:

I think I found my t-shirt for the next gig :teehee: https://sandilakeclothing.com/feels-good-to-brie-myself-funny-cheese-youth-t-shirt/

Screenshot (418).png

Maybe we could buy all of them for fans and get a good price and wear them together at next Mika's gig? :floor:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Maybe we could buy all of them for fans and get a good price and wear them together at next Mika's gig? :floor:

Imagine Mika's confused face, probably he has no idea about our discussion here :aah:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

Imagine Mika's confused face, probably he has no idea about our discussion here :aah:

A camel with  a moustache catching a brie t shirt would make more sense to him maybe? :naughty:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

This is :offtopic:but my son just told me he is going to go to the cinema and watch Mario movie with his friends and they are all going to dress like Mario and I think we should have dressed like camels for Zodi et Téhu release :wink2:

Well, @Prisca was going to wear a camel onesie. With a necktie to be smart, of course. :lol3:

28 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Maybe I should change jobs and work at a brie factory :bleh: 

Err... you know its only occasional testing, right? Not eating all of it? :facepalm:

*has vision of international brie shortage.:teehee:

22 minutes ago, krysady said:

We would need to get one for him as well. Maybe add a little sparkle to his for on stage. Appeal to his magpie instincts.  :lustslow: :lmfao:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

Well, @Prisca was going to wear a camel onesie. With a necktie to be smart, of course. :lol3:

Err... you know its only occasional testing, right? Not eating all of it? :facepalm:

*has vision of international brie shortage.:teehee:

Don't worry I look after kids and I have never eaten any :teehee: I would behave with the brie as well but I would probably be humming "catch a brie" all day long which might annoy my coworkers :sweatdrop: 

The kids love when I play Mika songs and most of them become fans :yes:

It's best that I make sure to keep brie in my fridge for next time I read this thread though :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3