2023 - Mika @ Piano City Milano Festival, 17 May

Kumazzz

Hi!

:sleep:

One of you Mfcers informed me about this event. 

Before Covid19 I attended this festival every year, full time from Friday to Sunday, running here and there in the city. 

Pianocity Milano Concerts are always free.

The concerts are standing or seating. It depends from the locations. Most of them are standing.

Unfortunately the concerts are quite short, about 50 minutes, never more than one hour.

A lot of international piano artists plaied here, and always (in my experience) for just one hour.

You can verify this also in the program of the Opening Day on Friday. Two concerts with big pianists: one pianist at 21.00, 30 minutes of break and the other at 22.30.

This Mika concert is a preview of the Festival. I don't know if the rules are the same! I think so, but I can't be 100% sure. :dunno:

Usually the summer concerts at Castello Sforzesco are in the courtyard but I don't remember this location for the other Pianocity festivals in the past.

Usually other classical/jazz concerts here are seating, but probably Mika will be standing.

They cancel the event just when it rains a lot.

The location is very reachable, with the subway (METRO)

Edited by allegra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is a short video from 2022.

We can see that some concerts were seated, for some people were sitting on the grass.

Hello.

In this video you posted there are other locations, not the one of Mika.

The location of Mika concert, Castello Sforzesco courtyard, can offer a very intimate and informal placement of the piano, like in this video from a Pianocity of the past (I didnt attend this in particular, there are so many at the same time that you have to make a choice):

But they can also set a proper bigger stage. I think Mika concerts will be more or less  like this one:

let's see

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, allegra said:

Unfortunately the concerts are quite short, about 50 minutes, never more than one hour.

A lot of international piano artists plaied here, and always (in my experience) for just one hour.

You can verify this also in the program of the Opening Day on Friday. Two concerts with big pianists: one pianist at 21.00, 30 minutes of break and the other at 22.30.

Thank you for the valuable information. :flowers2:

Since only Mika is performing that day, I hope in that case that the concert will last at least an hour, as the stage will not have to be prepared for the next artist. :original:

But first I have to manage to buy a ticket tomorrow. :sweatdrop:

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Thank you for the valuable information. :flowers2:

Since only Mika is performing that day, I hope in that case that the concert will last at least an hour, as the stage will not have to be prepared for the next artist. :original:

But first I have to manage to buy a ticket tomorrow. :sweatdrop:

In the FAQ is written:

https://www.pianocitymilano.it/faq?lang=en

La durata dei singoli concerti dovrà essere di minimo 45 / massimo 60 minuti.

The duration of the individual concerts must be a minimum of 45 / a maximum of 60 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, allegra said:

Hi!

:sleep:

One of you Mfcers informed me about this event. 

Before Covid19 I attended this festival every year, full time from Friday to Sunday, running here and there in the city. 

Pianocity Milano Concerts are always free.

The concerts are standing or seating. It depends from the locations. Most of them are standing.

This Mika concert is a preview of the Festival. I don't know if the rules are the same! I think so, but I can't be 100% sure. :dunno:

Usually the summer concerts at Castello Sforzesco are in the courtyard but I don't remember this location for the other Pianocity festivals in the past.

Usually other classical/jazz concerts here are seating, but probably Mika will be standing.

They cancel the event just when it rains a lot.

The location is very reachable, with the subway (METRO)

So I assume you will be there? One more reason for me to go, haven't seen you for ages! :hug: I hope I can make it. Even if it's just an hour, Mika said it'll be molto molto speciale. :biggrin2: :wub2:

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

So I assume you will be there? One more reason for me to go, haven't seen you for ages! :hug: I hope I can make it. Even if it's just an hour, Mika said it'll be molto molto speciale. :biggrin2: :wub2:

Hi :bye:

To tell the truth: Je n'ai pas envie... 

Especially for the mess of the reservation.

But it is free and near, almost an imperative.

So I will try for sure to reserve the ticket. :punk:

It will be "special" because it is the first time for a popstar/songwriter in this Festival. 

Pianocity usually is strictly for pianists. Also for songwriters but they are more musicians than singers.

Anyway, Mellody be proud. Because this Pianocity festival was an idea of a german pianist, Andreas Kern. 

He invented the project Pianocity Berlin, then he proposed it to Milan and then several European Cities joined.

The whole festival is fantastic, piano music everywhere in the city.

I attended concerts in the street, in the park, in a boat, in the roof of a building at the sunset in front of Duomo, in a royal Palace, in a old factory on the night, in a museum, in a urban train (tram) and mostly in private houses of the pianists. 

Lets' see if we manage to go in this Castle.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, allegra said:

Do you think it's going to be hard to get a ticket tomorrow?

I guess it will also depend on how many people they will let in...

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

If you look at the weather forecast for the next ten days, it looks very rainy in Milan :emot-sad:

Here it looks ok (well, we will see):

image.png.f37ef306a79a996027a9da9108e6d875.png

41 minutes ago, allegra said:

Hi :bye:

To tell the truth: Je n'ai pas envie... 

But it is free and near, almost an imperative.

So I will try for sure to reserve the ticket. :punk:

It will be "special" because it is the first time for a popstar/songwriter in this Festival. 

Pianocity usually is strictly for pianists. Also for songwriters but they are more musicians than singers.

Anyway, Mellody be proud. Because this Pianocity festival was an idea of a german pianist, Andreas Kern. 

He invented the project Pianocity Berlin, then he proposed it to Milan and then several European Cities joined.

The whole festival is fantastic, piano music everywhere in the city.

I attended concerts in the street, in the park, in a boat, in the roof of a building at the sunset in front of Duomo, in a royal Palace, in a old factory on the night, in a museum, in a urban train (tram) and mostly in private houses of the pianists. 

Lets' see if we manage to go in this Castle.

Fingers crossed! Especially for you, as you don't have that many chances to see him live.

Oh nice, I didn't know it also exists in other cities! Probably not in Munich, at least I never heard about it...

Is it usual for this festival to have this places reservation thing, or is that just for Mika?

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Is it usual for this festival to have this places reservation thing, or is that just for Mika?

From what I read, it's the same for all the concerts, if I understand right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

From what I read, it's the same for all the concerts, if I understand right.

On the page all concerts are listed, you only have to reserve for some a place (red):

image.thumb.png.55b443c92c5daebb86076f0e27c1b45d.png

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

On the page all concerts are listed, you only have to reserve for some a place (red):

image.thumb.png.55b443c92c5daebb86076f0e27c1b45d.png

And there exists a waiting list:

image.thumb.png.3e54852c22282ea2a195b54dc624700f.png

46 minutes ago, mellody said:

Fingers crossed! Especially for you, as you don't have that many chances to see him live.

Oh nice, I didn't know it also exists in other cities! Probably not in Munich, at least I never heard about it...

Thanks.

The reservation thing always existed for some locations and situations (house concerts, indoor locations, "private" venues, Covid period).

And citizens of Milan were always very reactive in reservation.

The only difference is that usually the opening date of the reservation is the same for all the program.

Now it seems that tomorrow is just for Mika. Probably he was late to confirm his presence.. who knows? 

The reservation maybe is because they probably don't want too much crowd.

During the day the Castel is open to the public, there is the city museum inside, they dont' want for sure a mass of people there all around. 

I think it will not be an intimate concert, and not a big one. It should be a medium event.

• Like 3

Vincent has reposted Mika's story... so I suppose that means he's the one who'll be playing piano? Maybe that's what the recent rehearsals were for, because without a band they'll obviously need different arrangements?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

Vincent has reposted Mika's story... so I suppose that means he's the one who'll be playing piano? Maybe that's what the recent rehearsals were for, because without a band they'll obviously need different arrangements?

I can imagine this performance will be more concentrated on the instrument than on Mika's songs so it would be great to see them playing in duet 👍

• Like 2

spyit.it

Mika a Milano per Piano City in una performance esclusiva: ecco quando!

La dodicesima edizione di PIANO CITY MILANO,
festival di pianoforte riconosciuto tra i più prestigiosi, in programma dal 19 al 21 maggio, si arricchisce di una speciale anteprima: mercoledì 17 maggio alle ore 21.00 al Castello Sforzesco MIKA, artista di fama mondiale con oltre 10 milioni di album venduti, regalerà al pubblico una performance esclusiva studiata e realizzata solo per il palcoscenico del festival.

Le prenotazioni per partecipare alla speciale anteprima saranno disponibili da domani,
martedì 9 maggio, dalle ore 16.00 sul sito ufficiale del festival www.pianocitymilano.it.
Il programma degli eventi è online sempre sul sito ufficiale della manifestazione.

Mika, immerso nella magica atmosfera del Castello Sforzesco, accompagnato dal suo pianoforte, amico fedele e scatola magica di un’esplosione di colori, idee e follie è pronto a stupire gli spettatori con una performance strabiliante, esclusiva, studiata e realizzata appositamente per il palcoscenico di Piano City Milano. Mika ha scelto la rassegna Piano City Milano come anticipazione dei sei special event previsti per quest’estate in Italia.

Promosso e realizzato da Associazione Piano City Milano insieme al Comune di Milano, con il Ministero del Turismo e il sostegno del Ministero della Cultura, Piano City Milano è una manifestazione unica nel suo genere che, coinvolgendo istituzioni, associazioni, partner e cittadini, investe per una città sempre più attiva, grazie alla musica e ad un programma capillare sul territorio.

Un progetto, a cura di Ponderosa Music&Art e hdemia, che vanta la direzione artistica di Ricciarda Belgiojoso e Titti Santini.

Il festival viene realizzato anche grazie alla collaborazione di:

Apple Music Classical, BiM, CCL, Eataly e Fondazione Prada.

Piano City Milano nasce nel 2011 come primo festival diffuso della città e contribuisce all’onda di vitalità e alle sperimentazioni urbane e culturali che portano Milano a diventare la vibrante metropoli europea che è oggi. Fondatori del festival e dell’Associazione Daniela Cattaneo Diaz e Titti Santini, che hanno sempre creduto nel progetto e costruito una rete di partner sostenitori che negli anni hanno investito in Piano City Milano, nell’immaginare una diversa visione di Milano.

:uk: Google translator

Mika in Milan for Piano City in an exclusive performance: that's when!

The twelfth edition of PIANO CITY MILANO,

one of the most prestigious piano festivals, scheduled from 19 to 21 May, is enriched with a special preview: Wednesday 17 May at 21.00 at Castello Sforzesco MIKA, world-renowned artist with over 10 millions of albums sold, will give the public an exclusive performance designed and created only for the festival stage.

Reservations to participate in the special preview will be available from tomorrow,
Tuesday 9 May, from 4.00 pm on the official website of the festival
www.pianocitymilano.it.
The program of events is always online on the official website of the event.

Mika, immersed in the magical atmosphere of the Castello Sforzesco, accompanied by his piano, faithful friend and magic box of an explosion of colours, ideas and follies, is ready to amaze the spectators with an amazing, exclusive performance, designed and created specifically for the stage of Piano City Milan. Mika has chosen the Piano City Milano review as an anticipation of the six special events scheduled for this summer in Italy.

Promoted and created by the Piano City Milano Association together with the Municipality of Milan, with the Ministry of Tourism and the support of the Ministry of Culture, Piano City Milano is a unique event of its kind which, involving institutions, associations, partners and citizens, invests an increasingly active city, thanks to music and a widespread program in the area.

A project, curated by Ponderosa Music&Art and hdemia, which boasts the artistic direction of Ricciarda Belgiojoso and Titti Santini.

The festival is also realized thanks to the collaboration of:

Apple Music Classical, BiM, CCL, Eataly and Fondazione Prada.

Piano City Milano was born in 2011 as the city's first widespread festival and contributes to the wave of vitality and urban and cultural experimentation that lead Milan to become the vibrant European metropolis it is today. Founders of the festival and of the Association Daniela Cattaneo Diaz and Titti Santini, who have always believed in the project and built a network of supporting partners who have invested in Piano City Milano over the years, imagining a different vision of Milan.

FvnOAKXWIAIEtI0.thumb.jpg.a80a57661a364a50dad5519aa4e8d0bd.jpg
  • Like 4

From Pianocitymilano  Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr-l-GRNnnI/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA%3D%3D&fbclid=IwAR03M9jBU52-Epct0JAMSlI6VB1naAgjtF3AclXo-h2HUA_Uzm4P4NOWT1c

Abbiamo ancora una sorpresa per voi (e che sorpresa!): mercoledì 17 maggio alle ore 21 al Castello Sforzesco ci sarà una speciale anteprima con @mikainstagram, artista di fama mondiale con oltre 10 milioni di album venduti, che ci regalerà una performance esclusiva studiata e realizzata solo per il palcoscenico di Piano City Milano!
L’evento richiede la prenotazione: potrete prenotarvi dalle ore 16 di domani, sul nostro sito.

We still have a surprise for you (and what a surprise!): on Wednesday 17 May at 9 pm at Castello Sforzesco there will be a special preview with @mikainstagram, a world-renowned artist with over 10 million albums sold, who will give us an exclusive performance designed and made only for the Piano City Milano stage!
The event requires booking: you can book from 4 pm tomorrow on our website.

image.png.e7d7e500adb6d173953cb618f04d6c61.png

• Like 1

Well that was shit. I clicked at 16:00 and only got waiting list. How many tickets did they have, 20?! :doh: Guess that means I won't have to worry about organizing work and travels. Have fun everyone who's going. :thumb_yello: Hope the Italians had more luck!

• Sad 1

Just now, mellody said:

Well that was s**t. I clicked at 16:00 and only got waiting list. How many tickets did they have, 20?! :doh: Guess that means I won't have to worry about organizing work and travels. Have fun everyone who's going. :thumb_yello: Hope the Italians had more luck!

The same. It looks like they start with the waiting list.

But when we will know the result?

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The same. It looks like they start with the waiting list.

But when we will know the result?

Michelle told me she got a ticket, so apparently there were some.