2023 - Mika @ Piano City Milano Festival, 17 May

Kumazzz

7 minutes ago, allegra said:

Pianocity doesn't have box offices, because the concerts can be everywhere.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense then... so it will be a very intimate event.

Just a quick note.

Waiting list of this app, in this particular case, is a perverse system.

There is the possibility that a foreign fan (or an italian fan who lives far) receives a notification with the authorization to reserve the ticket, 2 hours and half before the start of the concert. At this point he has 20 minutes to "purchase" but he has not the time to go to the event!!! :blink:

Very annoying.

If this happens you can choose to renounce to the free "purchasing" or to transfer the ticket to a local fan.

But you have to know who is available to go last minute and to know the phone number! 

https://dicefm.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409669378449-How-do-I-send-tickets-to-a-friend-

I could be available to go there last minute :fisch: but I don't put my phone number in a public page :punk:

I prefer the old style pdf tickets, not these stupid apps!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I don't think Mika would request that, he surely would prefer more people. Maybe it's necessary for security reasons, as Mika isn't just some random piano artist but an international pop star, so the organizers don't know what to expect...

Maybe they can even let more people in on the day... I won't take the risk, but for those who live nearby it might be an option. :dunno:

I think Mika has interest in having as many people as possible, especially now that he has to promote the italian festivals. So it's likely that the organizers decided to keep a very small crowd. :thumbdown:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

would it even be possible to sell / give them to someone else, or can you just return them in the app?

Yes, you can send the ticket to a friend (via the app or put your ticket on the waiting list) (the answer I got when I joined the waiting list):

image.thumb.png.5da926e586eb8f8e6f7d2d6ce0caa088.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I wonder if Mika would have some tickets for MFC.

Yeah, me too, maybe a few :dunno_grin:(and then we need to be lucky again)

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe someone becomes ill or can't arrange travel... but as it seems to be so extremely limited, you're probably right that the waiting list won't be of any use, even if 2 or 3 tickets are returned.

And if someone can't go, they will probably send it to their friends

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hi everyone, on one hand I am happy that I got a ticket, but I’m really bummed out that all of you couldn’t get in (except for @ottimistaaccidentale!). It seems like a very non transparent system… I have no words. 

You have to enjoy for the people who can't go! :biggrin2:

I don't think Mika would request that, he surely would prefer more people.

I wonder what the organisers were thinking? 200 places? I mean, Mika wanted to do two concerts in Milan last year, which didn't work out, it's clear that many Milanese want to hear Mika sing. They will annoy more Mika fans than make them happy. And at that, Mika said that he had prepared a very special concert. It's a pity when so few people can hear it.

Maybe they can even let more people in on the day... I won't take the risk, but for those who live nearby it might be an option. :dunno:

I'm thinking about it, but I'd have to take time off and do I want to do that if I don't know if I'll be let in? If there aren't 200 people that turn up and they see you're on the waiting list, they might let you in. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yeah, me too, maybe a few :dunno_grin:(and then we need to be lucky again)

And if someone can't go, they will probably send it to their friends

You have to enjoy for the people who can't go! :biggrin2:

I wonder what the organisers were thinking? 200 places? I mean, Mika wanted to do two concerts in Milan last year, which didn't work out, it's clear that many Milanese want to hear Mika sing. They will annoy more Mika fans than make them happy. And at that, Mika said that he had prepared a very special concert. It's a pity when so few people can hear it.

I'm thinking about it, but I'd have to take time off and do I want to do that if I don't know if I'll be let in? If there aren't 200 people that turn up and they see you're on the waiting list, they might let you in. :dunno_grin:

I think that the concert will be indoor. That's why only 200 places.

I will not risk to spend 500 EUR for travel just to wait at the door...

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yesterday they told me that the audience will be standing on the lawn (prato)

So it seems to be outdoor (finger crossed for the weather)

But I can send another email to get more details...

Screenshot_20230509-204700_Libero Mail.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, allegra said:

Just a quick note.

Waiting list of this app, in this particular case, is a perverse system.

There is the possibility that a foreign fan (or an italian fan who lives far) receives a notification with the authorization to reserve the ticket, 2 hours and half before the start of the concert. At this point he has 20 minutes to "purchase" but he has not the time to go to the event!!! :blink:

Very annoying.

If this happens you can choose to renounce to the free "purchasing" or to transfer the ticket to a local fan.

But you have to know who is available to go last minute and to know the phone number! 

https://dicefm.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409669378449-How-do-I-send-tickets-to-a-friend-

I could be available to go there last minute :fisch: but I don't put my phone number in a public page :punk:

I prefer the old style pdf tickets, not these stupid apps!!!

If your phone number is still the same you gave me several years ago, I still have it. If not, you can send it to me if you want, then if I happen to get a place last minute I'll send it to you.

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

That was the thing, travel would have been only about 150€ for me, as I wouldn't have needed a hotel and the bus fares are ok. Well, it wasn't meant to be this time... unless there are more tickets available in the next few days when I can still plan. But I also won't spend 150€ to probably wait in front of the door.

I suppose the gig is to promote the upcoming tour, so it's probably good that many non-fans get to see it who might decide to buy tickets for July then. Although he's not performing near Milan this summer, so well, maybe not...

• Like 3

I think Mika would prefer to have some regular fans on this occasion too.  I wonder if @dcdeb could  ask his team if it is possible to reserve some seats as happened in London.  The location is large and there are only 200 people.  Selling 200  more tickets for this summer doesn’t change anything . 

Edited by Lorlore
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, mellody said:

If your phone number is still the same you gave me several years ago, I still have it. If not, you can send it to me if you want, then if I happen to get a place last minute I'll send it to you.

But I also won't spend 150€ to probably wait in front of the door.

Thank you Mellody, indeed you have my phone number.

Anyway I really don’t think speedy people who were connected at 16,00 will give their ticket to the waiting list.

Just other general information for everybody, deduced from some official sources in the web and here:

- duration: about one hour

- in a courtyard, so outside but not visible from the street because there are the walls of the Castle all around

- standing on the grass or on the pavement of the courtyard

- Sold out!!! :sneaky2: But some very few Mfcers will attend :original:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Milan is only 2.5 hours away from me. I would only have to pay the petrol costs....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

Milan is only 2.5 hours away from me. I would only have to pay the petrol costs....

Living in the same country as the gig is not always an advantage. 😄 Since Italy is so loooong, it takes  7.5 hours on a fast train to get to Milan from where I live in the south! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Living in the same country as the gig is not always an advantage. 😄 Since Italy is so loooong, it takes  7.5 hours on a fast train to get to Milan from where I live in the south! 

Yes, I understand what you mean. It takes me sometimes longer to get to places in Switzerland (although small) than some places abroad. 5 hours for Geneva, 4 hours Sion.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I waited a few days but obviously I haven't seen any news for those on the waiting list yet. I just wanted to ask if any of you had any news about it…and if anyone had an extra ticket because they can’t go🧎🏻 Unfortunately it happened to me like most people who tried to access the reservation…

Oh this one sounds awesome :mika2:

Are you sure it's outdoors?? If they were only 200 tickets, wouldn't it be inside in a ball room or something?

He performed in that Castle in 2012 and there were sooooo many mosquitos malaria was a concern hahaha :lol3:

Well, I hope the lucky souls who attend can record some snippets. It's going to be Magical for sure.

Edited by Glitterbug

9 hours ago, Vincent said:

Hi everyone, I waited a few days but obviously I haven't seen any news for those on the waiting list yet. I just wanted to ask if any of you had any news about it…and if anyone had an extra ticket because they can’t go🧎🏻 Unfortunately it happened to me like most people who tried to access the reservation…

No news except that on the website it says sold out now, they don't even take new registrations for the waiting list. I guess, as Allegra said, IF any tickets become available it'll be short notice because people become ill or something else that can't be planned.

6 hours ago, Glitterbug said:

He performed in that Castle in 2012 and there were sooooo many mosquitos malaria was a concern hahaha :lol3:

I don't think he performed in this castle before... do you mean the gig in Vigevano in 2012? It's near Milan and it was in a castle too, looks similar but I think this one's smaller. And yes, we definitely had a mosquito problem there, lol! 😅

• Thanks 1

INSTAGRAM

scorticatipianoforti

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsJGhqHsdk7/

Il pianoforte che suonerà Mika ❤️‍🔥🤫🤫☺️☺️❤️‍🔥💥

...non vediamo l'ora 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

#scorticatipianoforti #pianocity #mika #skytg24 #yesmilano #milanolife #imusic #basemilano #mentelocale #mammeamilano

345959310_769370244690991_2459377477281806577_n.thumb.jpg.b4d9d2e453bba5e3070b5f4ab7086ef1.jpg

346628488_939512373841998_4104460238445768490_n.thumb.jpg.9baa917aeb579959cac03300a2cbff8b.jpg

• Like 3

Libero

14 Maggio 2023

Pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/282162180562571

Libero14Maggio2023.jpg.2956185a2cbf90c9f6d99aafaf327775.jpg

Appuntamenti

Torna Piano City: al via con Mika

MUSICA

La dodicesima edizione di Piano City Milano,festival di pianoforte riconosciuto tra i più prestigiosi, in programmadal 19al 21maggio, si arricchisce di una specialeanteprima:mercoledì 17,alCastello Sforzesco, arriva Mika, artista di fama mondiale con oltre 10milioni di album venduti, regalerà al pubblicouna performance esclusiva studiata e realizzata solo per il palcoscenico delfestival.

Mika, immerso nella magica atmosfera del Castello Sforzesco, accompagnato dal suo pianoforte, amicofedele e scatola magica di un’esplosione di colori, idee e follie.

• Mercoledì, ore 21
  • Castello Sforzesco

:uk:Google translator

Appointments

Piano City is back: starting with Mika

MUSIC

The twelfth edition of Piano City Milano, one of the most prestigious piano festivals recognized as one of the most prestigious, scheduled from 19 to 21 May, is enriched with a special preview: Wednesday 17, at Castello Sforzesco, Mika arrives, artist sta world famous with over 10 million albums sold, will give the public an exclusive performance designed and created only for the stage of the festival.

Mika, immersed in the magical atmosphere of Castel lo Sforzesco, accompanied by his piano, faithful friend and magic box of an explosion of colours, ideas and follies.

• Wednesday, 21.00
  • Sforza Castle

Page 36

Libero14Maggio2023-p.36-2.thumb.jpg.caba6cb5c891109c6d15d8ae34717f95.jpg

Libero14Maggio2023-p.36-1.thumb.jpg.73b66a9c2d3e1f7f94de1b05ae66102e.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @67ema said:

Hi everyone, are any of us at Piano City tonight? Is it possible share a live video with us, unfortunate Milanese girls, without relevant connections?

I quoted your post here from Calendar :wink2: So far we only know about 3 MFCers that confirmed they are going, we are all waiting for some more news from them :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

I noticed I find it very stressful to do live videos from a gig, and it's usually worse quality than just filming, so I'm perfectly fine (tho surely impatient 😅) to get the videos only after the gig... anyway, have so much fun everyone who's there tonight, looking forward to everything you can share with us! :mikalove:

• Like 3

I'm really sad I couldn't get tickets for this event since tomorrow is my birthday and I would have loved to celebrate it with a Mika gig... :sad::sad:

To those who are attending, have fun for all of us!! And please, take videos (if you can) and tell us everything!:wub2:

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 5/13/2023 at 9:21 AM, mellody said:

I don't think he performed in this castle before... do you mean the gig in Vigevano in 2012? It's near Milan and it was in a castle too, looks similar but I think this one's smaller. And yes, we definitely had a mosquito problem there, lol! 😅

Oh right.. Vigevano! :doh:  my bad.

I flew to and from Milan for that gig and I remembered the venue was a castle with a museum  called

"Sforzesco" so I just assumed tonight's gig was going to be there haha. I didn't know there were 2  castles with the same name:facepalm:

Anyway, I hope the weather holds good and wish a magical (and mosquito-free!) evening to all who attend:mika1:Enjoy!!

I look forward to seeing the pictures and reports. If this can be considered a preview of the "magic piano" tour Mika is planning, I'd be super :excite:!!

• Like 1