Bougez - Lyrics and Discussion

TinyLove_CJ

On 11/28/2023 at 8:35 PM, Mikasister said:

New Mika TikTok

The incredible story of 'Bougez’ from my new album Que Ta Tête Fleurisse Toujours

#BehindtheSong #Bougez #quetatêtefleurissetoujours #PopMusic

And now… Bougez ! #BehindtheSong #Bougez #quetatêtefleurissetoujours #PopMusic

Lyrics:

BOUGEZ

Mes bien-aimés nous sommes ici

Pour partager ce qui nous lie 
A la télé, à la radio
Vous entendez les mêmes mots

Pour votre santé, allez-y, faut bouger 
(Mes bien-aimés)

(Mes bien-aimés)

Pour votre santé, bougez (plus)!

Bougez

Bougez

Santé, bougez, sentez bouger, sentez bouger, sentez bouger vos corps !

Santé, bougez, sentez bouger, sentez bouger, sentez bouger vos cœurs !

Ils veulent encore que nous bougions 
Même presque morts, que nous bougions
Ils eurent souhaité que nous bougeassions 
Alors mes bien-aimés, nous bougerons

Pour votre santé (Ils veulent encore), allez-y, faut bouger (Nous faire bouger)
Pour votre santé (Même si nos corps), allez-y, faut bouger (Sont épuisés)

Pour votre santé (Ils ne savent même pas), allez-y, faut bouger (C'que ça va faire)

Pour votre santé (On bougera), allez-y, faut bouger (Jusqu'en enfer)

Pour votre santé, Bougez (plus)!

Bougez

Bougez

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez en coeur

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez vos corps

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez en coeur

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez vos corps

Un jour je me suis retrouvé aux portes du paradis 
J'ai vu Dieu me faire entrer, et voilà c'qu'il m'a dit
T'es pas là pour te reposer, tu l'as fait toute ta vie
Maintenant que t'es tout léger, tu ne resteras pas assis

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez en coeur

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez vos corps

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez en coeur

Bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez, bougez vos corps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Really intrigued by this song and very looking forward to dancing to it on Friday. I know Mika says it might not be as funny as people think but just look at his smile at the end, how can you not be happy hearing this song, seeing Mika do a silly dance while having that beaming smile?! It's so infectious I can't help but smile too! 😀

Loving the disco vibe of this so much!

If anyone can share the lyrics that would be appreciated 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If anyone can share the lyrics that would be appreciated 😊

Well Mika didn't show us too much as lyrics.

pour votre sante, allez-y en bouge

(drop) pour votre sante bougez...... plus

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bougez

sautez (or sante) bougez 

sautez (or sante) bougez 

sautez (or sante) bougez 

encore

• Like 3

Finally found the song that the high part reminds me of, I feel Love by Donna Summer:

I'm hoping that for once it's a song that won't make me cry or feel melancholic, lol! At least if I don't pay attention to the lyrics (and whatever twist he put in them, to make it less funny 🙈), this song could be fun. :naughty:  Bit too electronic for my liking, and I don't really get why they feel bothered so much by the "for your health, move" sentence, but it's fine... it has an 80s vibe mixed with some 70s disco, a nice melody, bit of a Bronski Beat feeling - it doesn't amaze me like some of the other songs do, but I like it. :) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well Mika didn't show us too much as lyrics.

(drop) pour votre sante bougez...... plus

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bougez

sautez (or sante) bougez 

sautez (or sante) bougez 

sautez (or sante) bougez 

encore

I understand that :

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger 

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger 

Mes bien aimés

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger

Pour vot' santé , bougez 

oooaaaaah ,

oh oh oh

bougez

ooooooooh ,

oh oh oh

bougez

Sautez , bougez , sautez , bougez

Vos corps

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Bit too electronic for my liking

Exactly my thoughts, I'm not very fond of this kind of sound... but it's fine for me to have 1-2 songs less favorites from an entire album I think :original:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't really get why they feel bothered so much by the "for your health, move" sentence

it's all about the context

Because in the French médias , after every advertising's spot for junk food there is a message saying : "pour votre santé , bougez plus" .

Another exemple after an ad for cigarets  there is a message saying "fumer tue"

And so on.....

On one hand there are advertising for unhealthy things  and on the other hand they kind of "buy" a good conscience with these sentences

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

"Ils eurent souhaité que nous bougeassions !"    :roftl: 

We heard less for this one, or that's me ? The only thing certain is it will makes me move a way more than their publicity phrases :roftl:  

This song somehow makes me think of things he usually do only for the gigs. Like an introduction of a concert, or a part of a final song (like he often made for Love Today). Maybe because of the drop... It will probably not be my fav, but I like this little snippet anyway. Strong retro vibes in this one ! 

And in the end of this video, I find Mika especially adorable, his little dance, his smile, his "I like this one" and his enthusiasm... :wub2:

• Like 7

Just now, carafon said:

and on the other hand they kind of "buy" a good conscience with these sentences

Do they though? Or is it mandatory by law? In Germany they have to do it for cigarettes (or smoking products in general), haven't heard anything about fast food and moving yet, but for the cigarettes actually I like it. Their commercials are very restricted, about where they can be shown, and they have to put these warnings everywhere. So no one can say "but everyone's doing it, so it can't be that dangerous." - that's what I grew up with. "Everyone's doing it, it's normal, and yeah, maybe your risk for lung cancer is a little bit increased but it's not that bad really". Personally I always hated the smell of cigarette smoke, it hurts in my lungs, that's why I never started smoking. But I'm glad that with these warnings they take away some of the excuses people find for smoking. A heavy smoker won't care, but if it can stop a few people from buying their first pack of cigarettes (and then getting addicted), it's already worth it. And actually it's not a bad idea to do that with unhealthy food as well. Many children grow up eating unhealthy food, and they pass it on to their children etc.. Anything that can possibly break this cycle by saying "be careful with that!" is a good thing imo. I think many people are like "yeah, yeah, it's bad for your health, bla bla - I've been eating this for 20 years and I'm still alive!".

Anyway, you're right in a way that maybe just telling them to move more might not be enough of a warning. But I guess that's because it's food, people don't need to smoke but they need to eat, and that complicates things. So maybe telling them to move more is the best they can do. (And I'm just assuming here that the fast food companies do that because they're required to, not because they are interested in the health of their customers)

In fact, that warning would be good to have on chocolate packages, as a reminder for me. :naughty: 🙈

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, carafon said:

it's all about the context

Because in the French médias , after every advertising's spot for junk food there is a message saying : "pour votre santé , bougez plus" .

Another exemple after an ad for cigarets  there is a message saying "fumer tue"

And so on.....

On one hand there are advertising for unhealthy things  and on the other hand they kind of "buy" a good conscience with these sentences

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

Do they though? Or is it mandatory by law? In Germany they have to do it for cigarettes (or smoking products in general), haven't heard anything about fast food and moving yet, but for the cigarettes actually I like it. Their commercials are very restricted, about where they can be shown, and they have to put these warnings everywhere. So no one can say "but everyone's doing it, so it can't be that dangerous." - that's what I grew up with. "Everyone's doing it, it's normal, and yeah, maybe your risk for lung cancer is a little bit increased but it's not that bad really". Personally I always hated the smell of cigarette smoke, it hurts in my lungs, that's why I never started smoking. But I'm glad that with these warnings they take away some of the excuses people find for smoking. A heavy smoker won't care, but if it can stop a few people from buying their first pack of cigarettes (and then getting addicted), it's already worth it. And actually it's not a bad idea to do that with unhealthy food as well. Many children grow up eating unhealthy food, and they pass it on to their children etc.. Anything that can possibly break this cycle by saying "be careful with that!" is a good thing imo. I think many people are like "yeah, yeah, it's bad for your health, bla bla - I've been eating this for 20 years and I'm still alive!".

Anyway, you're right in a way that maybe just telling them to move more might not be enough of a warning. But I guess that's because it's food, people don't need to smoke but they need to eat, and that complicates things. So maybe telling them to move more is the best they can do. (And I'm just assuming here that the fast food companies do that because they're required to, not because they are interested in the health of their customers)

In fact, that warning would be good to have on chocolate packages, as a reminder for me. :naughty: 🙈

Recently when I was watching French TV in the Internet I I've heard this phrase several times "pour votre sante bougez plus".

So I think it's quite recent. But when you hear it 20 times per day it can become annoying.

As well  in France after the alcohol ads they say : "buvez avec moderation" 

Well in Poland since some years we don't have anymore ads with cigarettes  and alkohol on TV or radio (only beer 0%) so we don't hear "smoking can kill you", "after drinking alcohol don't drive".

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, carafon said:

On one hand there are advertising for bad things for heatlth and on the other hand they kind of "buy" a good conscience with these sentences

The thing is that his explanation is very different. He said in a recent interview that he was annoyed by those ads because every one should be free and if they don't want to move, they shouldn't. And that means to him freedom. But with those ads no one is forcing someone to move, moreover this advice is good for the health of people, he does move a lot. 

So in the context you say it, it makes sense, but his explanation is weird...maybe we'll understand it better when hear the entire song :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

Hmm, I need to hear the full thing, it might be a grower. 

40 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

This song somehow makes me think of things he usually do only for the gigs. Like an introduction of a concert, or a part of a final song (like he often made for Love Today). Maybe because of the drop...

Maybe! I could see him using it for his exit song, like he did with the YoYo remix. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Hero said:

Maybe! I could see him using it for his exit song, like he did with the YoYo remix. 

That actually makes me laugh in combination with the topic of the song. "Bougez! The show is over, move out now!"  :lmfao: Maybe that is the not-so-positive thing in the lyrics "it's over, you have to go now". 😅 :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

That actually makes me laugh in combination with the topic of the song. "Bougez! The show is over, move out now!"  :lmfao: Maybe that is the not-so-positive thing in the lyrics "it's over, you have to go now". 😅 :facepalm:

Yeah, with the Yo-Yo remix, we kept returning like a yo-yo so he decided to go to another level with this one, saying just "bougez out!" :lol3:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, carafon said:

I understand that :

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger 

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger 

Mes bien aimés

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger

Pour votre santé ,

Allez y , faut bouger

Pour vot' santé , bougez 

oooaaaaah ,

oh oh oh

bougez

ooooooooh ,

oh oh oh

bougez

Vos corps

I translated 

For your health
Come on, you've got to move
For your health
My beloved ones
For your health
For your health, move
 oaaaaah ,
oh oh oh
move
ooooooooh ,
oh oh oh
move

Jump , move , jump , move
Jump , move , jump , move
your bodies

[Sauter means jump in regular French  but also :chkn:in slang] but it's probably just me being naughty :stifle:however if he sings it live I know it is sure to make me laugh

The bloom on twitter also posted a translation

https://x.com/Blooming_Boy_/status/1729583973037182999?s=20

Screenshot_20231128-235451_Opera.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hero said:

I remember he talked about attending someone's show and didn't like it, and imagined how he would start his own show in that venue with the phrase:  "Pour votre santé, bouger!" or smth like this. So maybe he wants to use it for the opening.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Finally found the song that the high part reminds me of, I feel Love by Donna Summer:

I'm hoping that for once it's a song that won't make me cry or feel melancholic, lol! At least if I don't pay attention to the lyrics (and whatever twist he put in them, to make it less funny 🙈), this song could be fun. :naughty:  Bit too electronic for my liking, and I don't really get why they feel bothered so much by the "for your health, move" sentence, but it's fine... it has an 80s vibe mixed with some 70s disco, a nice melody, bit of a Bronski Beat feeling - it doesn't amaze me like some of the other songs do, but I like it. :) 

I forgot to mention, the beginning of the snippet Mika plays reminds me of No Time To Leave, kinda African rhythms. This mix of completely different influences is - and has always been - one of the things I love most about Mika's music. :wub2:

• Like 1

Here is my take on this awesome dancing beauty. So far my favourite 😍 

Mes biens aimés can be translated to a lot of things, literally my loved ones but in most of the time it's an endearing term, a bit like my loves

Also that fancy phrase means exactly the same as the others but in an almost never used past tense (called plus que parfait literally translating to more than perfect) which brings a lot of formality and fancy to the phrase (like sometimes when you see fancy english words like thy and when you put -eth at the end of some verbs).

Mes biens aimés, nous sommes ici,

My dear loved ones We are here

Pour partager, ce qui nous lie

To share what brings us together

A la télé, à la radio

on TV , on the radio

Vous entendez les mêmes mots

You hear the same words

(Pour votre santé, Allez y faut bougez ) For your health, come on you have to move

mes biens aimés x3

my dear loved ones 

Pour votre santé, bougez

For your own health, Move

Bougez

Move

Sautez bougez x4 vos corps

Jump, Move x4 your bodies

Sautez bougez x4 vos coeurs

Jump, Move x4 your hearts

Sautez bougez x4 vos corps

Sautez bougez x4 vos coeurs

Ils veulent encore que nous bougions

They still want us to move

Meme presque mort, que nous bougions

Even almost dead, that we move

Ils eurent souhaité que nous bougiâssions

They would have wished us to move 

Alors mes biens aimés nous bougerons

So my dear loved ones, we will move

Pre Chorus with

Ils veulent encore nous faire bouger 

They still want to make us move

Meme si nos corps sont epuisés

Even if our bodies are exhausted

Ils ne savent meme pas ce que ca va faire

They do not know what's going to happen 

On bougera jusqu'en enfer

We will move until we're in hell

Pour votre santé, bougez

For your own health, Move

Chorus 

Un jour je me suis retrouvé aux portes du paradis

One day I ended in front of Heaven's gates

J'ai vu Dieu me faire entré et voilà ce qu'il m'as dit 

I saw God letting me in and telling me

T'es pas là pour te reposé tu l'as fait toute ta vie !

You're not here to rest, You've done that all your life

maintenant que t'es tout léger tu resteras pas assis !

Now that you are much lighter You're not just going to sit!

Pre Chorus 

Chorus 

Please note there might be so grammar or spelling mistakes as I have never been good at writing in my own language part of why I learnt another 🤣

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 11/28/2023 at 9:33 PM, Hero said:

Heard it and love it! What a fantastic dance track! Definitely going to get the crowd jumping at the gigs!  :wootjump:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

Please note there might be so grammar or spelling mistakes as I have never been good at writing in my own language part of why I learnt another 🤣

:lmfao: That's as good a reason as any! 

• Like 1

In 4 minutes there is going to be a live session on YouTube with Mika premiering Bougez. I don’t know how to link to it here, but if you go to YouTube and put in Mika, it should be the first hit that comes up. It’s due to start in 2 minutes now!

• Like 3