Fanactions for the Apocalypse Calypso Tour

mellody

I wanted to start a thread, to collect all the (past and future) fanactions for this tour.

First of all, we have Anna's ongoing flowers "fanaction", all info about it here: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36704-flowers-for-the-2024-tour/

There was a fanaction in Annecy, coloured phone lights for Moi, Andy et Paris.

I know something is planned for Paris, but I don't know the details... I think Louison (mikafamily on IG) is organizing it, or at least her IG stories is how I know about it.

On the London thread, someone had the idea that we could hold up (small) flags of our countries - we can also continue discussing this here.

If you hear about anything else, or want to organize something, feel free to post about it here.

I have ideas for the Berlin gig, will write that in an extra post.

Finally, please remember the general fanaction guidelines: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34366-fan-actions-guidelines/#comments

• Like 3

So, my idea for Berlin... I still have 40 white LED balloons that I bought for the Revelation Tour but never used. I had planned them for Happy Ending, because of the music video. Now thinking of Happy Ending on this tour, it really breaks my heart to see the destroyed planet on the screen. So I was thinking, how can we "heal the world" with a fanaction? And I found these earth balloons: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0CBHR4N2F/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1F6S5GS8ZBMPB&psc=1 - I really like the idea to have a bunch of these (I think I'll only buy 1 pack of 40, as they're expensive) together with the white lights - and maybe some heart balloons, to make the message clear that "a little bit of love" can heal the world. I still have some heart balloons too, and they're cheaper, so we could have more (besides, on Mika's last German tour in Cologne 2012  we had a heart balloons fanaction, so that's another reference), but I'm wondering, would it be too confusing to have 3 different types of balloons? :dunno:

The other thing, that also @Lexa suggested, would be A4 sheets with welcome back messages for the beginning if the show, but I wouldn't make that very big, just maybe 50 sheets.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

Now thinking of Happy Ending on this tour, it really breaks my heart to see the destroyed planet on the screen. So I was thinking, how can we "heal the world" with a fanaction? And I found these earth balloons

I absolutely love this idea, Karin!!

I don't think it's confusing. Sounds like we'd have balloons to represent the world, peace and love. That's quite a clear image isn't it?!
The only downside I see is that the earth balloons are so expensive, otherwise it would be cool to have loads of them.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, my idea for Berlin... I still have 40 white LED balloons that I bought for the Revelation Tour but never used. I had planned them for Happy Ending, because of the music video. Now thinking of Happy Ending on this tour, it really breaks my heart to see the destroyed planet on the screen. So I was thinking, how can we "heal the world" with a fanaction? And I found these earth balloons: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0CBHR4N2F/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1F6S5GS8ZBMPB&psc=1 - I really like the idea to have a bunch of these (I think I'll only buy 1 pack of 40, as they're expensive) together with the white lights - and maybe some heart balloons, to make the message clear that "a little bit of love" can heal the world. I still have some heart balloons too, and they're cheaper, so we could have more (besides, on Mika's last German tour in Cologne 2012  we had a heart balloons fanaction, so that's another reference), but I'm wondering, would it be too confusing to have 3 different types of balloons? :dunno:

The other thing, that also @Lexa suggested, would be A4 sheets with welcome back messages for the beginning if the show, but I wouldn't make that very big, just maybe 50 sheets.

The earth Ballon FA sounds great.i thought about eating bananas for SB but not everyone likes or can eat bananas,some could have allergic reasons etc.

12 hours ago, mellody said:

I had a similar idea, but not with individual letters, just A4 sheets with messages like "welcome back to Germany" or "we've missed you ❤️", and not too many - I think it makes more sense like that, easier to organize, and I suppose for the French/Italian fans who are coming, this doesn't have much meaning.

Anyway, I've opened an extra thread for fanactions, we can discuss it there: 

Yes, one message per sheet is definitely easier to organize, that's right. I was just worried that it wouldn't be big enough to read from stage. Therefore the 1 letter/1 sheet idea, which would have been around 40 sheets maybe. But of course not so easy to coordinate, sure.

Is it readable in small? I have no idea.

But like this everyone has the chance to write their own personal message/greeting on the sheet, that's nice, too.

Sure, the fans who are not from Germany won't be interested in that much, no problem, but as a German fan it's something that I would be nice to say.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liv1680 said:

The earth Ballon FA sounds great.i thought about eating bananas for SB but not everyone likes or can eat bananas,some could have allergic reasons etc.

Sounds fun, but it's not allowed to bring food or drinks inside the Tempodrom, and besides, Mika didn't play Sweetie Banana at every gig - he might replace it for the non-French gigs, to have less French songs on the setlist. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

On the London thread, someone had the idea that we could hold up (small) flags of our countries - we can also continue discussing this here

Ohhhh, I'd forgotten about that! :doh:Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Sounds fun, but it's not allowed to bring food or drinks inside the Tempodrom, and besides, Mika didn't play Sweetie Banana at every gig - he might replace it for the non-French gigs, to have less French songs on the setlist. 

Yeah you are right. sometimes they didnt check if i had smth. in the back at least when i was there the two times but i wouldnt do trying.And the other side is not  everyone likes bananas.As for the setlist removing SB :   Erm, HELLO?!noooo !!!:blink::mad3:

Edited by Liv1680

If I understand it right, the fanaction for Paris is like the one in Annecy, coloured lights for Moi, Andy et Paris - just that certain colours are planned for certain parts of the venue. In the stories of mikafamily on IG she's looking for help with the distribution of papers.

Screenshot_20240323_103611_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240323_103621_Instagram.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mellody said:

If I understand it right, the fanaction for Paris is like the one in Annecy, coloured lights for Moi, Andy et Paris - just that certain colours are planned for certain parts of the venue. In the stories of mikafamily on IG she's looking for help with the distribution of papers.

White and blue colours could be fun too .......

( The Greek flag deserves an emoji here imo ) 

:wink2:

Btw,  even it's probably highly impossible , a fun FA in Dublin would be to raise  bier's glasses during the song :naughty: 

Or more doable ......some "cheers Andy" signs :cheers:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, it's going to be similar to the one in 2019 when they refused to let bring the A4 color paper.

This time it will be just small pieces of paper attached to the mobile flash (as in Carcassonne or in Annecy).

It should create a rainbow for Moi Andy et Paris. 

But as Underwater is first I can imagine that people will have already the paper on their mobiles so it's quite possible that we will have the rainbow twice. It would be too difficult to explain people when to put the paper or remove it. So - as said Louison - better to do it twice that never :lol3:

• Like 3

On 3/21/2024 at 11:31 AM, Liv1680 said:

i thought about eating bananas for SB but not everyone likes or can eat bananas

Imagine the entire audience  :teehee:

1SVG.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Imagine the entire audience  :teehee:

1SVG.gif

And imagine the security while  checking the pockets and bags ......:blink:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, carafon said:

And imagine the security while  checking the pockets and bags ......:blink:

We're just health conscious fans who want to keep our energy up for the gig!  :lol3:

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Hero said:

But you DID post the suggestive picture... :biggrin2:

Believe me, that's the most innocent one I could find when googling "girl eating banana" :naughty: 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, carafon said:

White and blue colours could be fun too .......

( The Greek flag deserves an emoji here imo ) 

:wink2:

Btw,  even it's probably highly impossible , a fun FA in Dublin would be to raise  bier's glasses during the song :naughty: 

Or more doable ......some "cheers Andy" signs :cheers:

He might not even keep the song for the UK gigs - I assume he'll play less French songs, and I don't know which he could leave out - surely not the opener Bougez, or the title track AC. :dunno:

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, it's going to be similar to the one in 2019 when they refused to let bring the A4 color paper.

This time it will be just small pieces of paper attached to the mobile flash (as in Carcassonne or in Annecy).

It should create a rainbow for Moi Andy et Paris. 

But as Underwater is first I can imagine that people will have already the paper on their mobiles so it's quite possible that we will have the rainbow twice. It would be too difficult to explain people when to put the paper or remove it. So - as said Louison - better to do it twice that never :lol3:

Hopefully they'll have less problems with the small papers.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

He might not even keep the song for the UK gigs - I assume he'll play less French songs, and I don't know which he could leave out - surely not the opener Bougez, or the title track AC. :dunno:

Be interesting to see if he keeps the French songs for the Germany gig too.  But I hope he does bring the French songs to the UK. I want to hear them! 

4 hours ago, carafon said:

some "cheers Andy" signs :cheers:

Oh gosh yes! Come prepared, just in case! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

Be interesting to see if he keeps the French songs for the Germany gig too.  But I hope he does bring the French songs to the UK. I want to hear them! 

I read on X that they soundchecked Rain and Billy Brown two days ago. Also fans heard OOL being soundchecked. So I can imagine those will be played in Amsterdam/Berlin and the England + Ireland gigs. 

But who knows what else they will soundcheck the coming week! :biggrin2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I read on X that they soundchecked Rain and Billy Brown two days ago. Also fans heard OOL being soundchecked. So I can imagine those will be played in Amsterdam/Berlin and the England + Ireland gigs. 

But who knows what else they will soundcheck the coming week! :biggrin2:

Eh? Why would they soundcheck the songs in a different venue? Surely it's to make sure the sound is right for that performance? I can understand it if they're maybe backup songs for the gig, but otherwise... :dunno_grin:

2 hours ago, krysady said:

I hope he'll keep 30 Secondes for the entire tour, only saw it on videos and it's amazing :wub2:

+1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

• Like 1