Fanactions for the Apocalypse Calypso Tour

mellody

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Eh? Why would they soundcheck the songs in a different venue? Surely it's to make sure the sound is right for that performance? I can understand it if they're maybe backup songs for the gig, but otherwise... :dunno_grin:

It’s what happened last summer as well: Overrated was soundchecked in Bristol and Tilloloy, but wasn’t performed until Cattolica (Italy). 

With soundcheck they do not only check the sound, but the lights and background drop as well (especially this show). I think for them to get into routine, so when it’s performed for the first time it won’t be the first time for the technicians. 

• Like 1

Please stay on topic and keep setlist discussions that aren't connected to specific fan action ideas to other threads (for example the AC setlists thread?)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I read on X that they soundchecked Rain and Billy Brown two days ago. Also fans heard OOL being soundchecked. So I can imagine those will be played in Amsterdam/Berlin and the England + Ireland gigs. 

But who knows what else they will soundcheck the coming week! :biggrin2:

I would love to hear Rain or Lola 😆😍

I thought about buying white Paper and draw something like: Please sing Lola or Porcelain or Promiseland, etc. 
I remember back in 2016 in Strasbourg, I showed MIKA a sign 🪧 with the writing: "Deutsch" (= German) on it. He recognized the sign during the concert and pointed at me. After the concert he asked me if I am the Dutch person and I was like: "NOO, I AM A TRULY GERMAN FAN!” 😂 

For Berlin I guess I stay with English 😂

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

I remember back in 2016 in Strasbourg, I showed MIKA a sign 🪧 with the writing: "Deutsch" (= German) on it. He recognized the sign during the concert and pointed at me. After the concert he asked me if I am the Dutch person and I was like: "NOO, I AM A TRULY GERMAN FAN!”

Tbf that's pretty tricky even if you're not an English speaking person with dyslexia, reading it from far away! :D

14 minutes ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

I thought about buying white Paper and draw something like: Please sing Lola or Porcelain or Promiseland, etc. 

Sure you can always try and hold up a sign to "request" songs.
Wouldn't call that a fanaction though. A fanaction is a group project, where the whole audience does something together. This thread is for organizing that ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Sure you can always try and hold up a sign to "request" songs.
Wouldn't call that a fanaction though. A fanaction is a group project, where the whole audience does something together. This thread is for organizing that ;)

Yeah I know 😄 I really like the idea from Karin with the Ballons. Let’s show a little bit of love for our planet❤️

• Like 3

So, as for the balloon fanaction for Happy Ending in Berlin - I now have:

40 white LED balloons

100 earth balloons

180 red and white heart balloons.

Are any of you bringing more? The heart balloons are available at TEDI in packs of 20. Are any of you in the seated places and could take care of the "distribution" in that area? (I think it's enough to put the balloons in a zip bag, write on the bag to take one and what song it is for, and hand that around)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mellody said:

So, as for the balloon fanaction for Happy Ending in Berlin - I now have:

40 white LED balloons

100 earth balloons

180 red and white heart balloons.

Are any of you bringing more? The heart balloons are available at TEDI in packs of 20. Are any of you in the seated places and could take care of the "distribution" in that area? (I think it's enough to put the balloons in a zip bag, write on the bag to take one and what song it is for, and hand that around)

Sounds awesome!!
I'll keep an eye out for more balloons but can't promise anything.
Would you like a financial contribution though as the earth balloons are so expensive??

• Like 1

Exactly, I can definitely contribute financially to all the balloons you have :)  (unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to buy some more, I live in the sticks and there's not much time for potential delivery if ordering online)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Sounds awesome!!
I'll keep an eye out for more balloons but can't promise anything.
Would you like a financial contribution though as the earth balloons are so expensive??

5 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

Exactly, I can definitely contribute financially to all the balloons you have :)  (unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to buy some more, I live in the sticks and there's not much time for potential delivery if ordering online)

I can't order any more earth balloons now, but if you want to send me more money, I can buy some more heart balloons at Tedi on Saturday. It's 3€ for a pack of 20 white ones and 3,55€ for a pack of 20 red ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2024 at 4:22 PM, krysady said:

I hope he'll keep 30 Secondes for the entire tour, only saw it on videos and it's amazing :wub2:

He exchanged the song for Billy Brown in Luxembourg, but 🤞.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:31 AM, Liv1680 said:

The earth Ballon FA sounds great.i thought about eating bananas for SB but not everyone likes or can eat bananas,some could have allergic reasons etc.

On 3/23/2024 at 2:30 PM, mellody said:

He might not even keep the song for the UK gigs - I assume he'll play less French songs, and I don't know which he could leave out - surely not the opener Bougez, or the title track AC. :dunno:

Hopefully they'll have less problems with the small papers.

I'm not going to quote everyone who talked about bananas but Mika said yesterday in Geneva that it was the last time he played Sweetie Banana. ☹️ So a fan action for this song is not a good idea...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I'm not going to quote everyone who talked about bananas but Mika said yesterday in Geneva that it was the last time he played Sweetie Banana.

:yay::punk::cheer::clap::bow::pbjt::kachinga::wootjump::boing:

EDIT: :wootjump:

Edited by krysady
  • Sad 2

Paper hearts fanaction in Amsterdam tonight for Talk About You:

(Sorry, only just saw this, as I haven't been following the Amsterdam thread)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

He exchanged the song for Billy Brown in Luxembourg, but 🤞.

I'm not going to quote everyone who talked about bananas but Mika said yesterday in Geneva that it was the last time he played Sweetie Banana. ☹️ So a fan action for this song is not a good idea...

I hope he includes another french New song for sb.

• Like 1

I'm going to the Manchester gig, which although sold out, isn't attracting much chatter on MFC. 

I have some of the flashing hearts from the very early days 😁

Is the coloured light idea just to put coloured paper over our phone light? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ruth said:

I'm going to the Manchester gig, which although sold out, isn't attracting much chatter on MFC. 

I have some of the flashing hearts from the very early days 😁

Is the coloured light idea just to put coloured paper over our phone light? 

I'm going to Manchester as well! I would have been hoping for some kind of thing to take part in as well.

Yeah, for the coloured lights in Annecy there was a group that were giving out pieces of coloured post-it notes to put over your phone torch. I'm assuming it was a similar, more colour-coordinated situation in Bercy as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClownInACollar said:

I'm going to Manchester as well! I would have been hoping for some kind of thing to take part in as well.

Yeah, for the coloured lights in Annecy there was a group that were giving out pieces of coloured post-it notes to put over your phone torch. I'm assuming it was a similar, more colour-coordinated situation in Bercy as well.

Exactly, it's just small pieces of coloured paper. We did the same in Carcassonne 2022 - and it's basically the small (and more environment-friendly) version of the 2019 fanaction at Bercy, where we had A4 papers to create a rainbow (if it had worked out :rolleyes:) What a waste, thinking about it now, lol! 😅

Actually for Carcassonne I had stolen this idea of the small papers from a Harry Styles concert. :teehee: It's so much more practical!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joanjettkinnie said:

Any fan action going on for Dublin? I would like to organise one but i don’t have anything in mind!!

In the seated area you could try to create the Irish flag with coloured phone lights. For the standing area I also don't have any ideas right now... but you're right, would be nice to do something, as it's the last gig of the tour (the postponed Brest show is afterwards, but surely M will treat Dublin as the last gig, making it a big party. :yay:). Also I think for Dublin the stage set might be a bit reduced, as it's a relatively small theatre. I wonder if they can even fit any of it in there. 🤔

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

Exactly, it's just small pieces of coloured paper. We did the same in Carcassonne 2022 - and it's basically the small (and more environment-friendly) version of the 2019 fanaction at Bercy, where we had A4 papers to create a rainbow (if it had worked out :rolleyes:) What a waste, thinking about it now, lol! 😅

Actually for Carcassonne I had stolen this idea of the small papers from a Harry Styles concert. :teehee: It's so much more practical!

24 minutes ago, ClownInACollar said:

I still have one on my mobile (the blue one, the rose is Mika's confetti I took of the floor after the gig in Bercy)

IMG_20240326_200609~2.jpg

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I still have one on my mobile (the blue one, the rose is Mika's confetti I took of the floor after the gig in Bercy)

IMG_20240326_200609~2.jpg

I still have the ones from the gig last year in Spa.

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

In the seated area you could try to create the Irish flag with coloured phone lights. For the standing area I also don't have any ideas right now... but you're right, would be nice to do something, as it's the last gig of the tour (the postponed Brest show is afterwards, but surely M will treat Dublin as the last gig, making it a big party. :yay:). Also I think for Dublin the stage set might be a bit reduced, as it's a relatively small theatre. I wonder if they can even fit any of it in there. 🤔

Really good idea!!! 

• Like 1

With Mika replacing apparently all the French songs, I'm tempted to change the "welcome back to Germany" signs to something like "Germany says BONJOUR" and "Bienvenue à Berlin!". 😈 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

With Mika replacing apparently all the French songs, I'm tempted to change the "welcome back to Germany" signs to something like "Germany says BONJOUR" and "Bienvenue à Berlin!". 😈 

If you need any help,ideas.i am in the best mood atm for that.I mean WHY is he changing the  setlist depending on the language  spoken in the gig countries.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Liv1680 said:

If you need any help,ideas.i am in the best mood atm for that.I mean WHY is he changing the  setlist depending on the language  spoken in the gig countries.

If you have ideas, just post them. :) Maybe we can in fact include signs like this. I know German fans (well, ONE fan) who don't like the French songs and will be happy about the changes, they will stick to the welcome back signs. But there will also be French fans present, and fans who would love to hear the French songs live (again, or for the first time). Maybe they prefer a sign like Bienvenue a Berlin. We just have to be careful that the vibe of it stays nice and not sarcastic... my post was half joke, half frustration about the setlist changes, but the signs should be a warm welcome message as in "we love you AND we love your French and English songs, new and old ones, and we're happy to welcome you back to Germany also with this French album". How to express that? :dunno: